Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What percentage of Ghenghiz Khan's army w

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What percentage of Ghenghiz Khan's army w
    Posted: 21-Sep-2006 at 20:42
I once heared that 75% of Ghenghiz Khan's army was Turkic. Is there any truth to that? I know that a large proportion of his army consisted of Tatar Turks. Which other Turks were in his army?
Khut-tekin View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Khut-tekin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 12:02
yes! we can't say that Army of Gengizkhan was turkic by 75% but by 50%.
it's said that,after conquest of Nayman Tribe,the rimnants of Naymans became soldeirs for him.when Gengizkhan's army was marching to the west the Emperor of Iddkekhut Uighur Kingdom agreed to send his army to march with Mongol Army.after the tow armies defeated army of Kuchluk who was originally the son of Tayankhan,the king of Nayman Tribe,and later killed the Emperor and Princess of Khara-Khitan Empire and became emperor of the Empire many many Turks were obliged to join the Mongol Military and this obligation came to an end with massacer of many turks and their being soldiers of Mongol Army.many turks in Kahara-Kitan Empire and Iddikhut Uighur Kingdom were added to the divisions of Mongol Army and they were latter warriors in combats with Khwarazemshah.after the fall of Khwarazemshah Empire the larger ammounts of Khwarazem  Army were absorbed by Mongols.the Turkic Soldiers were forced to attack on the fornt.they always attak ahead of mongols.when Mongol Empire was at its best,the half of the almighty Emperial Army was Turkic people.   
Afsar Beghi View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Afsar Beghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Sep-2006 at 12:07
Originally posted by Khut-tekin

yes! we can't say that Army of Gengizkhan was turkic by 75% but by 50%.
it's said that,after conquest of Nayman Tribe,the rimnants of Naymans became soldeirs for him.when Gengizkhan's army was marching to the west the Emperor of Iddkekhut Uighur Kingdom agreed to send his army to march with Mongol Army.after the tow armies defeated army of Kuchluk who was originally the son of Tayankhan,the king of Nayman Tribe,and later killed the Emperor and Princess of Khara-Khitan Empire and became emperor of the Empire many many Turks were obliged to join the Mongol Military and this obligation came to an end with massacer of many turks and their being soldiers of Mongol Army.many turks in Kahara-Kitan Empire and Iddikhut Uighur Kingdom were added to the divisions of Mongol Army and they were latter warriors in combats with Khwarazemshah.after the fall of Khwarazemshah Empire the larger ammounts of Khwarazem  Army were absorbed by Mongols.the Turkic Soldiers were forced to attack on the fornt.they always attak ahead of mongols.when Mongol Empire was at its best,the half of the almighty Emperial Army was Turkic people.   

I think you are both right. But at its highest peak I think the percentage  was something like 75%
Dadaloğlum bir gun kavga kurulur,
Oter tufek davlumbazlar vurulur,
Nice ko yiğitler yere serilir,
Olen lr kalan sağlar bizimdir!
Turk Nomad View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun
suspended

Quote Turk Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2006 at 04:11
I heard %85 but your opinions can be true
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2006 at 16:48

i think the percentage of turkic stand for nothing, everything is under mongol's name! most of the turk fight for mongol, and in the end earn the percentage of the Army?

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 09:08

Give your references when you are giving specific percentages, or else you are just making no sense.
Either make a history or become a history.
Snafu View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Snafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Sep-2006 at 09:53

These are all fictional statistics because no one ever sat down and counted the number of Turks in Genghis Khan's army.

Nick View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2006 at 16:11
Sorry to say this but the New Turks (Central Asian like Uzbeks, Kazaks, Kyrgus, Tajiks, Uzkok)  we have today are mixed Mongolian 30-75%. Which means that Today's turk are mixed Mongolian. And The Altic people or the Pre-Mongolian Invasion Turks (Like Ugyral, Ozghan, etc)  are very few left. Their language are classifiedas Turkic and yet look nothing like Central Asian turks. Like Turkey Turks, who moved out before Mongolian invasion. 
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Sep-2006 at 16:40
Originally posted by Nick

Sorry to say this but the New Turks (Central Asian like Uzbeks, Kazaks, Kyrgus, Tajiks, Uzkok)  we have today are mixed Mongolian 30-75%. Which means that Today's turk are mixed Mongolian. And The Altic people or the Pre-Mongolian Invasion Turks (Like Ugyral, Ozghan, etc)  are very few left. Their language are classifiedas Turkic and yet look nothing like Central Asian turks. Like Turkey Turks, who moved out before Mongolian invasion. 

NO, just NO
Akskl View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Akskl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Dec-2006 at 12:47
Magyars, Bulgars, many other peoples like Persians, Egypt Arabs, Northern Chinese, Indians, etc. had Turkic-speaking rulers and ruling dynasties during many centuries, but nevertheless nobody ever called them "Turks".    

There are hundreds of proofs that ALL the so-called "Mongols" of Genghis Khan were Turkic-speaking nomads - Kereis (Keraits, Kereits), Naimans, Jalairs, Qongyrats (Ungirats, Ongirrats etc.), Onguts (Uaks), etc., who today are parts of modern Kazaks, and of some other very close to Kazaks peoples (see www.elim.kz for example).

Edited by Akskl - 02-Dec-2006 at 13:08
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2006 at 09:59
Originally posted by Akskl

Magyars, Bulgars, many other peoples like Persians, Egypt Arabs, Northern Chinese, Indians, etc. had Turkic-speaking rulers and ruling dynasties during many centuries, but nevertheless nobody ever called them "Turks".    

There are hundreds of proofs that ALL the so-called "Mongols" of Genghis Khan were Turkic-speaking nomads - Kereis (Keraits, Kereits), Naimans, Jalairs, Qongyrats (Ungirats, Ongirrats etc.), Onguts (Uaks), etc., who today are parts of modern Kazaks, and of some other very close to Kazaks peoples (see www.elim.kz for example).

Terrible post. For this he deserved bann?Shocked
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
AyKurt View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote AyKurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2006 at 12:35
Originally posted by Mosquito

Terrible post. For this he deserved bann?

Uhm, no he doesnt.

Just because you might disagree with his points doesnt mean he should be banned. If any are more derserving of a ban its Nick.

Anyway he raises a good point. If as Nick suggests the "New" Turks are 30-75% mixed with Mongolians, then using the same line of thinking, you need to ask how Mongolian were the Mongolians?
Prior to the Mongol entrance to todays Mongolia the region was firmly Turkic speaking. Taking into account cultural customs of the time and region, intermarraiges between different tribes were so common that many historians use the term Turko-Mongols.

However ethincity isnt genetic, its cultural so todays Kazakhs, Uzbeks etc, so long as they fit within the cultural scope that is characteristic of these "New Turks" modern identity, are 100% Turkic
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2006 at 15:09
Originally posted by AyKurt

Just because you might disagree with his points doesnt mean he should be banned. If any are more derserving of a ban its Nick. 

I think you missunderstood me. I didnt say that he deserved bann. I was just shocked that he was banned.
Affcourse i dont comment decisions of mods as it is one of the worst crimes on this forum.
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
AyKurt View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote AyKurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2006 at 15:54

I think you missunderstood me. I didnt say that he deserved bann. I was just shocked that he was banned.
Affcourse i dont comment decisions of mods as it is one of the worst crimes on this forum.

oops sorry, i thought you were saying he deserved a ban. I'll try and read more carefully next time and not reply so quickly lol.

I didnt realise he had been suspended for that post, that was very harsh.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2006 at 06:10

Originally posted by AyKurt

I'm not aware of your personal experience in this forum to comment decisions of the Mods to say this. As for my decisions you are welcome to comment anytime, but some pieces of advice:

Comment in the "warning and banning" section, rather than diverting the topic by posting non topic related post or send PM to me or other moderators about the decision you are unhappy about.

Read carefully the reasons given for someone's ban, before making your rush judgement. Akskl hasn't been banned for this single post, he has been given unofficial and official warnings before. Try our search engine to check his past posts.

Try to understand the meanings of "spamming and trolling" in AE code of conduct, if you are not agree with the code, then you know what to do, no one forced anyone to be the member of this forum. Membership is given to those who agree with and respect the code of conduct.

Edited by barbar - 06-Dec-2006 at 06:12
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2006 at 12:06
Originally posted by barbar

Comment in the "warning and banning" section, rather than diverting the topic by posting non topic related post...

Try to understand the meanings of "spamming and trolling" in AE code of conduct, if you are not agree with the code, then you know what to do, no one forced anyone to be the member of this forum. Membership is given to those who agree with and respect the code of conduct.

Very funny advice. In "warning and banning" section only mods can post.

As for giving advices about leaving.... you didnt create this forum, only people who did can say such things.
Not to mention the fact that many people here joined before this stupid code was created and noone was asked to agree with it or not.

Edited by Mosquito - 06-Dec-2006 at 12:13
AyKurt View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote AyKurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2006 at 12:14

I'm not aware of your personal experience in this forum to comment decisions of the Mods to say this. As for my decisions you are welcome to comment anytime, but some pieces of advice:

Comment in the "warning and banning" section, rather than diverting the topic by posting non topic related post or send PM to me or other moderators about the decision you are unhappy about.

Not possible, warning and bans section is for announcements only.

Read carefully the reasons given for someone's ban, before making your rush judgement. Akskl hasn't been banned for this single post, he has been given unofficial and official warnings before. Try our search engine to check his past posts.

Ive read carefully the reasons for his suspension and read carefully AE code of cundoct re spamming and trolling
2. Spam: Spam is defined as irrelevant, wrongly placed, or redundant messages posted for attention in the Forum or sent via PM as unsolicited mail. Spam will be deleted from the forum, and constitutes a violation of use. Posting under multiple user-names by an individual member is also considered as spamming.

3.Trolling; Trolling is the act of posting witty, response-provoking comments that appear relevant in order to disrupt the discussion, annoy or create attention. Trolling can also be considered as Spam, inflammatory remarks, or annoyance.

I still fail to see how Aksakal's post is in breach of either.
You did mention previous warnings however even if he was on a final warning by suspending his account for this post you must see a violation in this particular post.

Look its your choice of course but if your going to have rules then justify your reasons and show in what way his post was in breach of them.
If you do or do not i still think it was a very bad decision and i will say it. Ban me if you think im in breach of the rules too.
End of.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2006 at 12:21
Well, i have reported this case to admins, we will see what they will say.
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2006 at 23:27

Comment in the "warning and banning" section, rather than diverting the topic by posting non topic related post...

Very funny advice. In "warning and banning" section only mods can post.

As for giving advices about leaving.... you didnt create this forum, only people who did can say such things.
Not to mention the fact that many people here joined before this stupid code was created and noone was asked to agree with it or not.

You should know, actually I have no reponsibilty to explain my action, I'll change my decisions only when I am persuaded by other Mods.

You omitted the part of my words that "or PM me or other moderators about a decision you are unhappy about", isn't it another option?

Don't underestimate the role of the Mods. Even if some of us didn't create the site, but we do spend our energy and time to maintain it.

Now you are saying the code "stupid", implying the creators of the code stupid, isn't it indirect insult?

You have never posted a single post in this steppe section before, and now posting non-topic related posts about the decision of a Mod made, which is fully qualifies trolling. Since you have previous warning and temporary suspension history, I've decided to ban you. Continue to give your complaints in "unregistered members can post" section.

Edited by barbar - 06-Dec-2006 at 23:49
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2006 at 00:24
The rampant banning, censoring, and locking of threads in this forum is just spiraling out of control. This is sad.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>