Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What does Greek sound like to a non speak

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
Author
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What does Greek sound like to a non speak
    Posted: 29-May-2005 at 18:05
Just saw that one, thanks dorian.

Oguz, here is what genetic studies have to say:

"The Fallmerayer Thesis in the Light of Genetic Evidence
Jacob Fallmerayer stirred quite a controversy in the 19th century by proposing that the Hellenic nation had perished in the Middle Ages by admixture with Slavs and Albanians.

We are now in a position, through genetic evidence to evaluate this thesis, at least with respect to the question of Slavic settlements.

Slavs are distinguished by having a specific Y-chromosome haplogroup R1a, or HG3, or Eu19. This reaches frequencies of higher than 50% in Poles and decreases significantly in non-Slavic populations. The "Macedonians" of FYROM, the Slavic population immediately to the north of Greece have frequencies of R1a of 35%.

We must warn that R1a itself is not a Slavic marker. This means that any particular R1a sequence could, or could not be of Slavic origin. But, a population that has mixed with Slavs is likely to show this in relatively high levels of R1a.

Ornella Semino published a study in Science 290: 1155 in which the levels of R1a (which she calls Eu19 are given in various populations. Greeks have 11.8%, that is about 1/6 that of the Hungarians, who top the list at 60%. The Hungarians are not Slavs, but from the genetic standpoint they could very well be of Slavic origin, converted linguistically by the Asiatic Magyars. The Poles at 56.4% are the highest Slavic population.

We must note that ancient Slavic groups at the time of the Slavic dispersals probably had even higher levels of R1a. After all, Poles and Hungarians are themselves only partly Slavic in origin, and the result of admixture of a predominantly Slavic element with indigenous pre-Slavic ones. As a result, it is likely that at the time of their migrations, the Slavs had even higher frequencies of R1a.

R1a did not originate with the Slavs (that is why it is not a Slavic marker). Its origins in a Eastern European refugium after the Last Glacial Maximum means that it has had plenty of time to spread across the continent even to places where Slavs were never present. For example, its frequency in Syrians at a frequency of 10%, close to that of Greece, in the Saami of Scandinavia at 10%, Turks at 6.6% and in Albanians in 9.8%. It is even found in the Dutch, at a frequency of 3.7%, a population that has been largely unaffected by any Slavonic incursion. Given that Greece is closer to the area where R1a probably originated, it is very likely that R1a lineages would have been part of early population elements of the Balkans.

Thus, we know that at least a part of 11.8% of R1a in Greeks is of pre-Slavic origin. We also know that the ancient Slavs had frequencies of it in excess of 50%. It's hard to quantify the exact percentages, but I will give an educated guess, that 5% of R1a lineages in Greece are of Slavic origin, while the ancient Slavs had it in frequency of 75%. The picture is not much different if we change these numbers, but they will do for now. As a result, the Slavonic influence in Greece turns out to be about 7%, an almost exact match for the figure given by Vasiliev in his History of the Byzantine Empire based on demographic considerations.

This figure might turn out to be less, or slightly more. Better resolution using markers distinguishing R1a chromosomes might provide us with additional information. But, the conclusion seems unavoidable, that the contribution of Slavs to the Greek gene pool (if any) is very limited, certainly not enough to extinguish the noble Hellenic nation as Fallmereyer had proposed.

It seems that a certain cystic fibrosis mutation is of Slavic origin (in other words, the original population who became the Slavs came up with this gene). The intersting thing is that Serbs, Croats and Bulgarians don't carry the gene. What does this mean? It might mean that the gene is not really the Slavic gene. Or, as the authors of the report below say, southern Slavs lost the gene when they mixed with other populations. I'm not saying they're right in making that assumption. But who knows?

"Our results indicate that this mutation is particularly common in Czech, Russian, Belorussian, Austrian, German, Polish, Ukrainian, Slovenian, and Slovak patients. It is the second most common CF mutation to be identified in Central and Eastern European CF patients. By contrast, it was only sporadically detected in Western Europe and was absent in Bulgarian, Croatian, Romanian and Serbian CF patients. It was not found in diverse other populations of non-Slavic origin. The geographic distribution of the mutation is similar to the spread of Slavic populations during the first millenium."

I could post another loooong study but I'll just post the part that is related to your delusional allegations.

"The most comprehensive study of Y-chromosomal diversity in Europe thus far is Rosser et al., [1]. The human Y chromosome is passed on from father to son. One can thus study one half of a population's ancestry (along the paternal line) by studying the Y-chromosome. Greek Y-chromosomes belong to haplogroups HG1, HG2, HG3, HG9, HG21 and HG26. None of the 35 Greek Y chromosomes are of non-Caucasoid origin. "

"
The emerging picture of Y chromosome variation in Greece indicates genetic continuity, with slight influences from neighboring Caucasoid regions and virtually no influence from non-Caucasoids."

Source :
DIENEKES PONTIKOS

To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 10:56

Originally posted by Phallanx

You were just begging to be insulted. You continuously support some twisted idea that the Ottoman empire was
allegedly some Christian paradise, dispite the very fact that every single historian disagrees with this stupid idea.
You continuously mock and dicredit the FACT of innocent deaths of Hellines, Cypriots Armenians, Assyrians. That as I said, is low, that is a fine example of your ignorance.
So before you call this guy a "
hateful boy" I suggest you take a good and long look in a mirror and learn a thing or two about respect. Not me you can call whatever you like, I can take it, but the dead must be respected.
It's one of the simple values of civilization.

Phallanx,

Every single historian doesnt disagree with this. Maybe Greek and other ex Ottoman sancaks' historians. Open your eyes to the reality. The Ottomans were too tolerant to other religious greoups according to that ages' norms, and this is totally accepted by all objective historians. And I know you know this even better than me.

Your ancestors were the second most adventageous Ottoman subject after Armenians. They were the richest class of society who were economically dominant all over the empire with all their trading and sailing. And they werent even responsible with military service. Please, if you want respect to your past from me, just show the same respect to mine and objectively to Ottomans. You can dislike them, you can even dislike me, but dont change it into historical lies. These are the truth. I dont say Ottomans were a Christian paradise, but after all, in the collapsing period of the empire, it was much more a paradise to Ottoman Greeks and Armenians than it was to Anatolian Turks and Anatolian Armenians.

I respect to death more than you Phallanx, you arent the one to teach me respect. I have repeated my respect in lots of my past posts before, my respect to all innocent lives, no matter Armenian, Greek or Turk. But I cant understand how can even the Greeks who have burnt Ismir with its citizens can even claim they were massackred innocents. At least the Amenians have some historical background and they really have some deep historical pains that I totally respect, but, what about Greeks always trying to be in the middle of the action?

You are now talking about respect to human life and death, but you fail to see the point. I respect, but you dont. Respect to Cypriot deaths? I could post some murdered Turkish Cypriot children that you cannot even say a single word for a couple of minutes.

The values of civilization are very important, I agree. But you, the one who always writes about how developed the Greek civilization is, are missing that important element of civilization in your posts. This is why I am always replying your posts, because I hope respect to death and pride like every single human being. Not because I care about changing or correcting your brainwashed ideas about Turks or Ottoman Empire.

Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 12:10
You see, this is the whole thing that gets me pissed.
You never once did accept the fact that the Ottomans killed anyone, to you the were the best rulers that ever did exist throughout history.
The keyword here is RULERS. Like it or not the Hellines were oppressed, were denied many of their right.

You just can't get it, can you?
Do a simple search using "secret school Greece" or use Ottomans instead of Greece,  you'll find hundreds of accounts on this.
But then again they are nothing more than agents that are paid by us to spread propaganda, since you're not part of the Christian Club.
(I do remeber the BS you guys use as arguments)

Then try the same thing about Smyrna (that was the name the time of the events) Don't use any Turkish or Hellinic site, do objective research for once and then tell me who did what to who.

Again you speak of some alleged respect when your post was nothing mare than a manifestation of mockery. Yes even towards the dead.
Read it again and you'll see.

Instead of saying I have brainwashed ideas, why not ask yourself the simple question.
Why did my goverment cancel the conferance, why did my politicians name it treasin, why not finally end this and let everyone see the truth.
If the whole issue is as you support nothing more than a fraud, why on earth are they so afraid???
Probably that the Armenians are right and that would open the doors for Hellines, Hellinic Pontians, Assyrians and Kurds to demand the same.
That would be bad, wouldn't it.

That dear friend is more than enough proof you'll ever have.

Yeah, I know all about the 3 children and their mother in the bath. I'll give you the fathers name in a next post if you'd like. We know exactly who he was and what he'd done.
In case you don't he was a TMT officer.

To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 12:41

Phallanx,

I am tired and fed up with the same discussions again and again.

But I didnt claim there never existed secret schools, and if you have read my last posts, I asked you to give those websites about that schools so I can read them and judge their truth.

That would be bad, wouldn't it. 

Yeah, that would be really bad and unfair. I wouldnt accept my worthy taxes to be paid to Greek government for an imaginary crime that have never been comitted by us.

And I wouldnt let my money to be used for feeding people who hate us, even if I have to hide taxes...

Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 15:22

Listen this old Greek music: Ikariotiko (Yiannis Parios) it sounds very Assyrian to me, in fact I think it can be categorized as a Middle Eastern music.

It is good with this dance: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=401& PN=1&get=last

Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 16:33
Well yes you actually did. It was part of the mockery you posted before.

"Yes Phallanx, Ottomans adopted Greeks their language by force, and closed all Greek elementary schools because they were child hater imperialists."

You clearly dicredited the fact that the schools were shut down for the first 200-250yrs of the empires conquest of Hellas.
Sorry, but you obviously have a very short memory, you never asked for sites that contain info on the secret schools read again what you posted:

"And please, can you give me the web adress of that online dictionary? I am very curious..."

You have to reorganize your thoughts. If you want to say one thing but post another, that isn't my fault.

To answer your question this is the dictionary:
http://www.hazar.com

Now since you can't do the simple search, here are your links for the 'secret school':
http://www.google.com.gr/search?hl=el&client=firefox-a &rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&q=%22secret+sc hool%22+Greece&btnG=%CE%91%CE%BD%CE%B1%CE%B6%CE%AE%CF%84 %CE%B7%CF%83%CE%B7&meta=
and
http://www.google.com.gr/search?hl=el&client=firefox-a &rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&q=%22secret+sc hool%22+ottomans&btnG=%CE%91%CE%BD%CE%B1%CE%B6%CE%AE%CF% 84%CE%B7%CF%83%CE%B7&meta=

If I had a scanner I'd even give you a couple of pic of the 'school' at Proussos.

Now you 're doing the same thing again, obviously intentionally to piss me off. "imaginary crime"  :never been comitted"

The whole comment wasn't about your money but the fact that your goverment is hidding from the truth.
But you're too thick headed to understand that and in responce you show the exact same disrespect to innocent dead as you always do.

Do you honestly believe you're able to pay anyone???
We used to have a joke here, Albanian tourist (no offence to vulcan and Isk), now thanks to you I'll use this one, Turkish funds

It isn't about money, it's all about justice, something you obviously don't know about. It's about some innocent souls finally resting in peace. It's about feeling secure, knowing that you've acknowledged your mistakes gives the rest the idea that you've trully shown remorse and won't commit these crimes again.

According to your twisted version of history, the Hellines never were part of the military troops???
The only reason they never "enlisted" any of the Christians of Constantinople, Galata, Chios and Rhodes, was due to the treaties signed, but the treaties were only signed with these 4 cities. Not the whole  Hellinic population.
What would I expect from someone that claimed no connection to the Ottomans just a couple of days ago. You post exactly what suits you whenever it does.

So the Hellines were the richest subjects of the empire.
You can't claim the majority of the Hellinic population was rich, that's stupid. Of course there were rich people and some that had the 'connections', ruled (see Millet) but that does not apply to the entire population.
Some would disagree with your view on who the richest and best treated people  were:

Mary Wortley Montagu (wife of the British Ambassador) sent a letter to her sister saying:

"I observed most of the rich tradesmen were JewsThey are the physicians, the stewards, and interpreters of the great men"

Source:
The Letters and Works of Lady Mary Wortley Montagu.(London 1893)

And here is a Jewish view on how they were treated by the empire:

"A listing of all the Sultans of the former Ottoman Empire (1299 CE - 1923 CE), and their individual relations with their Jewish subjects and officers. This data has been provided by the Quincentennial Foundation of Istanbul."

http://www.sephardicstudies.org/sultans1.html

Yeah, I think that's enough for now.

dorian View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 17:18

The turks say all the time that they were too tolerant and everybody else believe that but the nations who sufferred it. They were tolerant that's why we had to attend mystika sxoleia (secret schools) in order to keep alive the greek education. They were too tolerant that's why the non-muslim populations had to pay hight taxes for their religion and a proof is that Albanians became muslims to avoid the taxes. So, the conclusion is that they were tolerant because they didn't kill whole the nations for their beliefs and their language. Thank you Turkey!!!

Don't change the topic by da way!

Edited by dorian
Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 17:18
Originally posted by Phallanx

According to your twisted version of history, the Hellines never were part of the military troops???
The only reason they never "enlisted" any of the Christians of Constantinople, Galata, Chios and Rhodes, was due to the treaties signed, but the treaties were only signed with these 4 cities. Not the whole  Hellinic population.

Phallanx, donn't forget the Janissaries - they were "enlisted" too.

I am having a problem here.
I am trying to read oppinions of how the Greek language sounds to other people.
But everyone is tired of reading another Greek-Turkish conflict.
Guys, please, make a new thread in order to solve this... There are people out there that don't give a monkey's arse about our historical differences and are more interested in the literature of the Greek language.
CARRY NOTHING
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 20:15
Menippos

My apologies to you and the rest of the readers, this was my fault but I can't stand the disrespect toward our dead, my dead family, that is a punch below the belt and just can't be accepted.

Anyway, seeing you comprehend ancient Hellinic quite well, do you see any familiar words in my previous post (previous page of this topic) or is this something only I see?

Edited by Phallanx
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 20:28
Didn't mean to start a fight here but since I want to learn Greek. I was curious about how it sounds to non-Greek speakers, other than myself.

Actually, I use to get upset when my late Yia Yia spoke Greek while I was out in public with her. I had this attitude that you should speak English because you are in America. Then there were the arguments on the phone between my mother and one of her sisters, mostly spoken in Greek.

os, is and kos are sounds I hear but what does English sound like to a non English speaking Greek?
Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 21:04
Well, you are right to think that when in America you should speak english.
In any other you would be consideded an outsider to the majority of the society (school, jobs, etc.).
Take it from a Greek that lived in England for 10 yrs.
I started being accepted in the british society only when I was not attempting to prove that any word (kimono, etc.) comes from greek. By this I don't mean that I refused my identity as Greek, but rather I used it in a different way. Greeks have gone anywhere and done well by not imposing our culture and beliefs on others but rather combining their cultures with ours and therou the natural process create even stronger cultural elements which then remain in the local society and contribute in its advance.
So I actually used my greekness not in order to differ, but to colourize my presence amongst others, immediately rendering myself quite attractive an individual to me companied with by my surrounding english, indians, chinese, turks bulgarians, arabs, italians, japanese, spanish, barbadoese, persian, portuguese, african and other colleagues, both in the university and later in my working environment. I still vividly remember my visit to Ferndown, a small village in the south coast of england, where I visited in order to attend a job interview. There I found myself in a pub, stranger in a strange land, but before long I was surrounded by a gang of local elderly men and women, all bursting in outrageous laughter by listening to my stories of a land that many of them or their immediate relatives had visited during WWII as soldiers of the allied forces. They all called me "the Greek" and I loved it. We parted company with me having received some of the best ever hospitality and them with a smile of nostalgia and long-forgotten memories of yesteryear.
For me, that's what it means to be Greek.
CARRY NOTHING
Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 21:36
I note the words I recognise. Any additions are welcome.

abanoz             &nbs p;          &n bsp;             balada        
abis = abyss?             &nbs p;              bacter = bacterium - a microorganism       
acele             &nbs p;         &nbs p;                  balat        
aerodrom = airport                    balena        
af             &nbs p;         &nbs p;                       balgam        
aforoz                          &nbs p;              balos
aglama                         &nbs p;              banyo
ahrem                          &nbs p;              bar
akaya                           &nbs p;              baraet
akca                             &nbs p;              baristaryon
akrostis             &nbs p;          &n bsp;             basi
aksiyon = worthy                       basil = basilikos (royal), also the herb
ambrion                                      bastoun
amidon                         &nbs p;              baski
anadoln = Eastern?                   batrik
analjeji                         &nbs p;              bati
antipod = the other side            baz
apotem = stock            &nbs p;             belesam
armoz                                        biber
aort = a vain                &nbs p;              bocergat
ankilos = cramp                         bora
CARRY NOTHING
Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 21:38
Damn, what happened to the formatting???
CARRY NOTHING
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 21:48
I'll just get into a few of them, but everyone you posted were correct.

abanoz = evenos= ebony         
abis - abisus= abyss        
acele = akis= acerbic    
aerodrom aerodromio= airport       
af = afesis= pardon/remission     
aforoz = aforismos =  excommunicate    
aglama = klama/klasma  =  fragment   
ahrem =akpomion =point of the shoulder/acromion process    
akaya = akakia= guilelessness      
akca = aksia = value (money)      
akrostis = akrostixis = acrostic      
aksiyon = aksioma =honour/reputation     
ambrion = embrion =fetus/conception     
amidon = amulon =ground by hand/amylum     
anadoln = anatoli = east/sunset      
analjeji =analgisia = insensibility    
antipod = antipodes = opposite feeling  
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2005 at 22:05
Originally posted by Menippos

Well, you are right to think that when in America you should speak english.
In any other you would be consideded an outsider to the majority of the society (school, jobs, etc.).
Take it from a Greek that lived in England for 10 yrs.
I started being accepted in the british society only when I was not
attempting to prove that any word (kimono, etc.) comes from greek. By
this I don't mean that I refused my identity as Greek, but rather I
used it in a different way. Greeks have gone anywhere and done well by
not imposing our culture and beliefs on others but rather combining
their cultures with ours and therou the natural process create even
stronger cultural elements which then remain in the local society and
contribute in its advance.
So I actually used my greekness not in order to differ, but to
colourize my presence amongst others, immediately rendering myself
quite attractive an individual to me companied with by my surrounding
english, indians, chinese, turks bulgarians, arabs, italians, japanese,
spanish, barbadoese, persian, portuguese, african and other colleagues,
both in the university and later in my working environment. I still
vividly remember my visit to Ferndown, a small village in the south
coast of england, where I visited in order to attend a job interview.
There I found myself in a pub, stranger in a strange land, but before
long I was surrounded by a gang of local elderly men and women, all
bursting in outrageous laughter by listening to my stories of a land
that many of them or their immediate relatives had visited during WWII
as soldiers of the allied forces. They all called me "the Greek" and I
loved it. We parted company with me having received some of the best
ever hospitality and them with a smile of nostalgia and long-forgotten
memories of yesteryear.
For me, that's what it means to be Greek.

I thought about changing my last name to my Popoo's last name or my mothers maiden name (Cannedilides) so that I would be more accepted when I go to Greece to teach EFL. I identify much more with my Greek half than my German 1/4 but I have a German last name.
Funny, wherever I go in Europe they usually thought I was one of them, except Greece. I am a little darker than Irish or Scottish but they thought I was one of them and same in England. In Switzerland they usaually thought I was Canadian and in italy they usually thought I was Italian. But, in Greece, "Are you British, Dutch, or German, sometimes Canadian. No!!!! I am a Greek American!!! Only a few times did they notice the Greek in me but my sister is the opposite. My older brother does not give a hoot about his Greek heritage and told me, "I am an American and I do not have any interest in those goat herders." He has never been to Greece!!
Learning Greek in a place with few Greeks is hard but living in this beautiful part of America is great, I need to be surrounded by nature and all its glory. I live in a small town near Spokane,

Pete View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2005 at 04:15

What English sounds like?

English (of all kinds) sounds peculiar to speakers of
other languages because English pronounces R
like no other language (as a flap, not a trill), and
pronounces T and D not at the teeth (like all other
European languages - Greek and Turkish too), but
further back into the mouth, on the alveolar ridge.

These are also the two main things that give people
an English (incl. American) accent when they speak
other languages.

To those who know (at least some) English, the way
it sounds depends on which variety of English it is:
UK, USA, AUS, NZ, SA, etc.

Interestingly, ALL non-native English speakers I
know, of any nationality, said to me that they very
much prefer English English (=British) to American
English. They always say it sounds much more
elegant and melodious. And I know very many
Americans who agree. I even saw a poll on this
website, I think, that indicated the same preference.
Of course they referred to standard southern British
English (what phoneticians call "RP"), not to Scottish
or Cockney.

Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2005 at 04:35
Originally posted by Pete

Interestingly, ALL non-native English speakers I
know, of any nationality, said to me that they very
much prefer English English (=British) to American
English. They always say it sounds much more
elegant and melodious.

Apart from my girlfriend - she says that she can hardly understand english when spoken by a briton, whereas she is totally comfortable when listening to an american speaker.

Personally, I understand both, having been watching so much american TV but also having spent 10 yrs of my life in London.

English is a very nice language - it has a tendency to be poetic and it surely can, because of its short words that can easily fit in a rime.
Also, the structure of its sentences is loose, meaning that a sentence can be ordered in many different ways without really changing its meaning. And this helps with the twists that a witty lingual manoeuvring would demand.
Of course, this is heavily relevant to the idiosyncracy of the user too. English can be either outrageously funny or elegantly subtle, depending on the occasion and the speaker.

But this is only my opinion. Some will agree, other will not.
CARRY NOTHING
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2005 at 10:10

My apologies to you and the rest of the readers, this was my fault but I can't stand the disrespect toward our dead, my dead family, that is a punch below the belt and just can't be accepted.

I was desrespectful to any death or your family's death? Com'on, you know you are lying. Please quote my disrespectful sentences if I have any. I respect every single innocent deaths, and the innocent Greek deaths more than you respect them and ours, but I just cant accept all lies you try to empose here. If there is someone to learn respect here, that is you.

And you know I wrote I was fed up with this discussion, but you still continue your arguement. Just calm down and continue with the original topic ok? I am BORED...

And ps... Please dont steal my teasing words (ex: thick head). You are the one who should measure his skull's thickness here.

Off discussion closed...

Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2005 at 10:49
If you read my posts, you'll find your answers.

But anyway, disrespect to my history by mocking the fact that "secet schools "existed.
Mockery of my dead just a couple of posts ago, (did you forget it once again???)
Quote:
imaginary crimenever been comitted

I didn't continue, the topic moved on for a couple of posts until you came and changed it. Anyway, if you want to say something do it by PM.

Anyway to get back on topic.
Are the Turkish words I present above and on the previous page of this topic correct in spelling and the meanings given???
Menippos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Menippos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2005 at 13:55
Pax, pax vobiscum.
Guys, if this was a voice-enabled forum, my ears would be hurting.
Thank god it's just some words on e-paper.
Now get back to linguistics or go out there and find a victim for cunnilingus.
The last sentence was intended to be a joke, I hope it came out that way.
CARRY NOTHING
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>