Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oghuz appearance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oghuz appearance
    Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 19:11
Originally posted by MythTR

Sarmat,

Did I say anything about latin and english ? This is a well known topic smilitaries between english and latin languages. We are talking here about another thing.

In fact, similarities between Hungarian and Turkic languages is a known fact as well. People who studied the subject know that Magyars were a part of Onogur tribal confederation formed mainly of Turkic tribes and adobted a lot of vocabularly from them. Yet it doesn't mean that they became Turks because of this.

In fact, many languages have Turkic elements in them. Particularly, Slavic languages of Balkans like Bulgarian or Serbian have thousands of Turkish words in them, yet that alone doesn't make those people "Turks."
Σαυρομάτης
HungryWolf View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote HungryWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 20:40
ok lets do DNA test & u'll see the truth :)
cuz they admit that they r cousin of the turks

Turks can be killed but can't be beaten. (Napoleon Bonaparte)
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 20:44
What is your obsession with Hungarians, they are not Turks, just because you met a few that said they're Turks cousins it doesnt mean they are the same people. There may have been some connection in history however, today the languages are not even from the same language group.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 20:54
Originally posted by Bulldog

What is your obsession with Hungarians, they are not Turks, just because you met a few that said they're Turks cousins it doesnt mean they are the same people. There may have been some connection in history however, today the languages are not even from the same language group.

I agree with you overall and while I do not have the source I remember reading that their ancestors were Magyars, who had migrated from what is now Finland to the Eurasian steppes and came into contact with Turkic tribes. They later migrated into the area we now call Hungry so I do not doubt there was some intermixing but overall their origins are not Turkic. I also seem to recall their language is Uralic -a non Indo European language. Being so close to regions settled by Germanic people I wonder how much Germanic roots and cultural influences the modern day Hungarians have?
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 21:08
Hungarians didn't come from Finnland. Their roots are in the region betweem Ural mountains and Southern Siberia.

Also their language is rather close to the language of Khanty and Mansi Finno-Ugric minorities of Russia than to Finnish language.

As for the intermixing with other people, it's obvious that original Magyars heavily mixed with Slavs that were the main ihabitants of Pannonia when Magyars arrived there.
Σαυρομάτης
MythTR View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote MythTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 21:09
Ok, I wish you will go to Hungary a day, and you will see the truths. Don't forget to ask a hungarian person to say There are a lot of apple in my pocket in hungarian language, and you will see . This is not only word smilarity , also sentence pattern, also family pattern, also friendship pattern . Especially the family pattern as like as Turkish family pattern (you know that so I don't have to explain what is Turkish family)
We Turks are a people who throughout our history have been the very embodiment of freedom&independence
Mustafa Kemal ATATURK
Emil_Diniyev View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 21:29
The appereance are rather because of geography.

Exampel of Oghuz peopls.

Turks of Turkey look like Greeks and Arabs.

Azeris of Iran look mostly like Persians.

Azeris of Azerbaijan Republic, living in Caucasus region, look like people around them.

Its rather geographical thing.

Edited by Emil_Diniyev - 16-Mar-2009 at 21:29
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 21:31

Ok, I wish you will go to Hungary a day, and you will see the truths. Don't forget to ask a hungarian person to say There are a lot of apple in my pocket in hungarian language, and you will see . This is not only word smilarity , also sentence pattern, also family pattern, also friendship pattern . Especially the family pattern as like as Turkish family pattern (you know that so I don't have to explain what is Turkish family)

Hmm.. I was there many times as well as in Turkey.

"Family pattern" in Hungary is just a typical Central European family pattern close to Czechia or Poland seems that you're not really familiar with the topics you're trying to discuss; are those close to "Turkish family" in your opinion?

By their culture, habits, religion etc. Hungarians are typical Central Europeans.

And Hungarian language doesn't belong to Turkic group. It has a lot of Turkic loand words, it's true but it doesn't make it Turkic.

Edited by Sarmat - 16-Mar-2009 at 21:34
Σαυρομάτης
HungryWolf View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote HungryWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 21:37
why religion must be argument i don't understand
There is Yakut turks who are living in Russia and they are orthodox christians
but speak turkic & belong to turkic nation.
Culture and habits of Hungarian people is very closely with some turkic people group in north and central Asia

Edited by HungryWolf - 16-Mar-2009 at 21:38

Turks can be killed but can't be beaten. (Napoleon Bonaparte)
MythTR View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote MythTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 21:39

Sarmat you may be front of slavic of them. I am sure about it.

We Turks are a people who throughout our history have been the very embodiment of freedom&independence
Mustafa Kemal ATATURK
MythTR View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote MythTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 21:45
Originally posted by Emil_Diniyev

The appereance are rather because of geography.

Exampel of Oghuz peopls.

Turks of Turkey look like Greeks and Arabs.

Azeris of Iran look mostly like Persians.

Azeris of Azerbaijan Republic, living in Caucasus region, look like people around them.

Its rather geographical thing.

What ?

If you say this there were no people with different face.

Saudi Arabia arabs looks like africans.
France frenchs looks like germans
Germany germans looks like frenchs.
Spain spanishes looks like portugals.
Portugues portugals looks like africans.
etc. etc....

this is wrong opinion.

All neighbors are different.
Turks are not looks like greeks or irani or etc.. But of course some persons may be mixed. No racist opinions we have.

Azerbaycan yaziyor yerinde, eğer Azerisen selam kardeşim.

----------------------

Sarmat for you:
Εμείς δεν είμαστε ρατσιστική, είμαστε εθνικιστές
(;

Edited by MythTR - 16-Mar-2009 at 21:50
Mustafa Kemal ATATURK
Byzantine Emperor View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Kastrophylax kai Tzaousios

Quote Byzantine Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 22:01

Azerbaycan yaziyor yerinde, eğer Azerisen selam kardeşim.

----------------------

Sarmat for you:
(;

Please read the Code of Conduct.  All posts must be made in English.  If you are citing from a source in a different language, you must translate it for the benefit of other readers.

Emil_Diniyev View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Emil_Diniyev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 22:02

Edited by Emil_Diniyev - 16-Mar-2009 at 22:54
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 22:04
Originally posted by HungryWolf

Culture and habits of Hungarian people is very closely with some turkic people group in north and central Asia

Can you give specific examples please.  It's true that some elements in Hungarian culture have similarities with Turkic cultures, particularly in music and some ornaments, but in general it's much closer to any of its Central-Eastern European neighbours than to the culture of any Turkic country.

Hungarians BTW always call themselves Finno-Ugrians not Turks.

Regarding Yakuts, they were never influenced by Christianity as much as Hungarians. A half of Yakust are still Shamanists/Animists and even their Orthodox Christianity is mixed with local Shamanism.
Σαυρομάτης
Sarmat View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Sarmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 22:08

Sarmat for you:
(;

While I'm glad that you're not my friend, I have to say that you were confused by my signature. I don't belong to the respectful Greek nation. Smile
Σαυρομάτης
Vorian View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Vorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 22:11
MythTR sees Greeks everywhere I am afraid.Tongue
MythTR View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote MythTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 22:30
too funy I laughed much , laughed much , so I don't know what should I do . Climb the eifel ? :S ,

this called in litarature nice gesture for sarmat but it doesn't have any value.
Mustafa Kemal ATATURK
MythTR View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote MythTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 22:32
Originally posted by Sarmat

Originally posted by HungryWolf

Can you give specific examples please.  It's true that some elements in Hungarian culture have similarities with Turkic cultures, particularly in music and some ornaments, but in general it's much closer to any of its Central-Eastern European neighbours than to the culture of any Turkic country.

Hungarians BTW always call themselves Finno-Ugrians not Turks.

Regarding Yakuts, they were never influenced by Christianity as much as Hungarians. A half of Yakust are still Shamanists/Animists and even their Orthodox Christianity is mixed with local Shamanism.

Kissing the grand fathers and mothers hand and after take their hands to  forehead.

Mustafa Kemal ATATURK
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 22:33
MythTR

Hungarian is not part of the Turkic language family, there may be some similarities but thats it.

HungryWolf

Where are you getting this from, Hungarian culture is not similar to Turkic culture, even Turkic culture is so varied and has so many differences but there are some key similarities which can be found in most which is why we can talk about some Turkic cultural factors but this does not stretch to the Hungarians.

Turanism is a fantasy, there is no grand Turanian nation including Turks, Hungarians, Koreans, Japanese, Estonians, Mongolians etc etc

I don't have a problem with the notion of Turks forming some form of union with each other, Turkistan was the general name for Central Asia in the past and it could be beneficial for Turkic states and other Eurasian states to work together like an EU Union than against each other.

However, Turanism is a step too far and has no credibility.

Edited by Bulldog - 16-Mar-2009 at 22:39
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Vorian View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Vorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 22:38
Kissing the grand fathers and mothers hand and after take their hands to  forehead.

.....Orthodoxs do the same with priestsLOL and kissing an elder's hand exists in most cultures.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>