Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Food Fans Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Food Fans Club
    Posted: 19-Feb-2009 at 15:21
Originally posted by eaglescap

Oh man I love pasta! Looks like this has Prosciutto on it, a expensive Italian Ham, but my favorite! Sometimes around the holidays my family will serve Prosciutto wrapped around slices of Cantaloupe, I recommend this!
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2009 at 21:06
Originally posted by Leonidas

There is Korean is in my food court , the new Chinese. Geez what restaurants do you have Eagle?

I now live close to a small desert town but it is off of the inter-state. I am new here but we have one Italian, Greek and numerous Mexican resturants, one Chinese resturant. The rest is fast food or greasy spoon resturants but we do have a subway which I like. Tucson is only 45 minutes away and they have a lot of ethnic resturants but I will have to try Malaysian food sometime.

I really love Turkish food from when I was in Istanbul. It is similar to greek but different and many of the dishes are the same; such as, stuffed peppers etc.

By balavenise on Flickr

By Ph. Grillot on Flickr

I really miss the open markets and seeing the fresh fish flop around.

Any Turks here have other pics of their foods.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2009 at 20:18
hmm no comment on Turkish food!!

My all time favorite is Pizza but the best place I had pizza at was a small restaurant in the southern Peloponnese of Greece.

Greek Pizza:

By crysd724 on Flickr

By craigatk on Flickr

Remember Feta makes everything- betta

By pyongbricole on Flickr
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2009 at 18:43
For Chinese food in Malaysia..

We have Yong Tau Fu.. It is similar  to steamboat style ..

Either u can have it with soup or.. just boil and eat with the chili sauce.. nice..

Cucur Udang - Malay dish.

This can be eaten with Peanut Gravy or Chili Sauce

copaloca View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote copaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2009 at 19:50

I'll tell you something about traditional Slovenian food. We have many so this is just a tip of an iceberg.Smile

Ok... This is Nut roll (in our language - Potica). It's a traditional Slovenian desert. 

This is another desert. It's called Prekmurian layer cake (in our language - Prekmurska gibanica; Prekmurje ist part of Slovenia). It contains poppy seeds, walnuts, apples, raisins, and cottage cheese fillings.

This is Kranjska Sausage ( Kranjska klobasa). Need to say more? Smile

You can add to this sousage some cabagge and:

Matevž is a sidedish made of beans and potatoes. Its origins is in 19th century. Originally the lower social classes ate it as main course.

And what do you have to add to make perfect?

Cviček is one of traditional Slovenian wines. Yeah. We like to drink.

Edited by copaloca - 21-Feb-2009 at 19:50
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Feb-2009 at 20:53
Boy, it all looks good and food is the one thing we can generally agree upon. Many of us might disagree on politics, religion or history but food is a common bond.

I have made a couple of my own dishes and photographed them with my digital camera but I thought this would be better than copying and pasting. If anyone else cooks it would be great to photograph and put the end producton on this thread- Food Fans Club. I made some Spegetti and meat balls so once I finish it today I will takes pics but it might be a week or two before I can get around to adding it here.

I like to make Greek, Italian and Mexican dishes so let's make this better by adding you own cooking.
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2009 at 16:26
My My I'm gone for a while and you guys turn the place from a history form into a food forum Wink 

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2009 at 17:42
hey Dawn... well there's nothing much to do here.. especially for me... Ermm
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2009 at 19:13
Originally posted by Dawn

My My I'm gone for a while and you guys turn the place from a history form into a food forum Wink 

Dawn just think of it as a place where bickering parties can find common ground and food is often a good start. You know how hot some of the topics can get here. I think it is good!!
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2009 at 19:36
One of my favorite side dishes is Glazed Carrots it is a perfect compliment to a nice piece of steak or chicken.  I am also quite fond of Saag Aloo and other Indian dishes.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2009 at 19:44
Originally posted by Dawn

Welcome back
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2009 at 21:58
Then there is that all time favorite food blessed thrice by the Norse Gods, probably Loke the trickster.

SPAM -WONDERFUL SPAM OH WONDERFUL SPAM!!!

Name: MontySpam1.jpg

Straight from our Nordic- viking heritage comes the wonderful gift of spam- SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM WONDERFUL SPAM OH WONDERFUL SPAM

really- cannot stand the stuff!!

By JigHexadecimal on Flickr
of course our all time favorite
Green eggs and span which also goes back to the ancient Viking

By Justin T. Shockley jtspunk.com on Flickr

Edited by eaglecap - 26-Feb-2009 at 23:07
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2009 at 20:36
Now if you are really hungary then:

By . SantiMB . on Flickr
+

blender.jpg
=

Name: escargot dishes.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmm- NOT!!

Edited by eaglecap - 27-Feb-2009 at 20:37
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2009 at 00:49
Is that for real??????? Dead
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2009 at 00:55

Ask a Frenchman-

I use to live in S. California for a bit and they have a lot of those type of snails. I just could not stomach the thought of eating snail but the French love them or many do.

Does this look more tasty to you?

By brady frequent travel...d eater on Flickr

gag me with a spoon-
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2009 at 01:33
weird stuff....Confused

Anyway... we dont eat snails in Malaysia. Maybe.. i dont knw. LOL

This is Balitong/siput sedut. How to eat? u have to suck it out of the shell.. That's the reason it names as siput sedut.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2009 at 20:31
Now a good ole fashioned American breakfast is good:

By Morton Fox on Flickr

By cafecafe on Flickr

By arthurohm on Flickr

By acc78 on Flickr

flying waffles
By my little odd forest on Flickr
Looks like me after a good meal!!
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2009 at 23:17
Also from our great American wild west - the Ameircan Steak-

By imylthinle on Flickr

Name: 0506steaks.jpg

By radicoon on Flickr

Now, unless your scared of mad cows disease, eat your heart out!!

mmmmmmmm!! steaks!!! I prefer ranged fed only with no hormones!!!

always a good combo:

By jbaugher on Flickr
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2009 at 01:04

American steak and potatoes with gravy are best. Some A1 with tha doesn't hurt either.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2009 at 13:57
Originally posted by eaglecap

Now a good ole fashioned American breakfast is good:

By Morton Fox on Flickr

By cafecafe on Flickr

By arthurohm on Flickr

By acc78 on Flickr

flying waffles
By my little odd forest on Flickr
Looks like me after a good meal!!

Oh wow!!! Star
Waffles and Pancakes????? with ice cream topping!!!! Shocked

That's it... Waffle House! Here I Come..!!!

eaglecap.. u are about to be blame if i put on weight after this Confused

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>