Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Finding a patron saint to AE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finding a patron saint to AE
    Posted: 24-Sep-2008 at 16:48
Originally posted by Beylerbeyi

St. Pope John Paul II

The only time I was sorry that a Turkish fascist failed to assasinate his target was when Mehmet Ali Agca shot this son of a bitch. He was a throughly evil and extremely lucky bastard, would make a fitting Saint for the Roman Catholic Church, but not for a semi-civilised place such as AE.

Allegedly, after he recovered he visited Agca in prison and told him: 'When I was shot I thought I was going to die. I was surprised to have survived. God have helped me.' To which Agca replied: 'Actually, I was surprised as well. Normally when I hit someone they die'. Like the young people say, LOL.

Bey, your post was bit distasteful,wasn't it. Btw, this polish muscovy duck wasn't my friend at the end but to kill him or anyone else isn't a very good final decission.....

Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2008 at 17:40
Yawn..... Years from now, Pope John Paul's memory and Catholicism will still exist. 

Meanwhile, Marxism, Leninism, Maoism, Stalinism and all the other failed leftist ideologies will fade from civilization like a bad dream.  One belief is based on eternal truth, the other is well.... very temporary.  

No amount of ranting is going to change that equation.

Don't be so sure, Nostradamus. Religion is already disappearing in civilised countries. If you don't believe me, listen to your hero JP II, he made a career out of whining about this (along with kissing American ass and killing Africans).

As for 'Eternal Truth', you are less likely to find it in the Catholic Church (or any other temple) than find icebergs in the Sahara Desert during a mid-summer day's noon.

Bey, your post was bit distasteful,wasn't it. Btw, this polish muscovy duck wasn't my friend at the end but to kill him or anyone else isn't a very good final decission.....

It was far more tasteful than the eulogies written here for JP II. A creature who was responsible for the death of countless people for his policies, in his support for dictators in Latin America (he was a shameless agent of American domination) and his sabotaging of contraceptive use and fight against AIDS in Africa.

Besides, I just wrote my opinion of the bastard. He's not a member of AE is he? Note that I don't deny his importance. I think he is one of the most significant Catholic figures of the 20th century, along with Adolf Hitler. 

Like Diderot said, 'mankind won't be free until the last King is strangled with the entrails of the last priest'. It's too late for JP II, but let's hope someone will strangle Bush with the entrails of the new nazi pope.
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2008 at 18:01

Don't be so sure, Nostradamus. Religion is already disappearing in civilised countries. 
Evidently God did not die along with Nietszche.

As for 'Eternal Truth', you are less likely to find it in the Catholic Church (or any other temple) than find icebergs in the Sahara Desert during a mid-summer day's noon.
Actually you can find it in a variety of Churches, temples and mosques (Bahai belief).
Religious truth reflects the best of who we are as humans and is the foundation of any society.  Religous truth endures because it is what makes us human. 

The artificial systems such as  Marxism or modern secularism fail.   Religous systems have evolved over thousands of years and thus have a far better understanding of human beings than Karl Marx or Nietszche.   

I think he is one of the most significant Catholic figures of the 20th century, along with Adolf Hitler. 
Actually, Hitler was a de facto athiest with vague beliefs about destiny. Hitler was no more "Catholic" than his fellow atheists Mao and Pol Pot were "Buddhists".  It makes more sense to compare JPII to Ayatollah Khomeini.  It was far safer to live in the theistic Ayatollah's Iran than in atheist  Mao's China or Pol Pot's Cambodia.  That is because religous truth has safeguards that prevent any "Year Zero" or "cultural revolution" type destruction. Marxism does not have these safeguards

Edited by Cryptic - 24-Sep-2008 at 18:29
hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2008 at 18:07
Bey,

You normally know how to pick your fights. This is a losing one. In the great scheme of things, JP II was one of the best popes in history. He was very pragmatic. He did opposed the U.S. and its unjust military interventions.

Your argument that he is responsible for deaths is a stretch. He is just a moral figure head, not the head of a major nation.

His main failure was his mishandling of the child abuse cases. He should have sent a clear message than any priest who engaged in those acts were out of the priesthood and into jail.

gcle2003 View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2008 at 18:30
I'm a John XXIII fan.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2008 at 19:55

Frustration and excitement brings the day. IS that enough or will he have more to say? Advocating ill will is his child's play; unbecoming of a communist the stature of Bey.

JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2008 at 20:57
If you don't believe me, listen to your hero JP II, he made a career out of whining about this (along with kissing American ass and killing Africans).

Letting Africans kill each other with AIDS is hardly the same as the wars in Angola and Ethiopia. If anything it shows that he is unwilling to compromise with his ideals. I certainly wish Communists of the world could live up to that image instead of compromising their ideals to better fit into the "modern world".

Philosophy fits philosophy, Philosophy does not fit the view of the world, which is why Communism has failed and Christianity has not. And your a damned fool if you believe religion is dying Islam is attracting the most converts, second only to Catholicism and I believe fundamentalist religious groups outnumber communist groups so tell me who is abandoning the people?

And I'm quite certain you will find the truth by shutting out all other opinions but those you all ready hold, bravo. Clap

A creature who was responsible for the death of countless people for his policies, in his support for dictators in Latin America (he was a shameless agent of American domination) and his sabotaging of contraceptive use and fight against AIDS in Africa.

So that is why he publicly castigated Father Jon Sabrino for his support of liberation theology in Latin America. And I guess since the Vatican obviously supplied all of the contraceptives and sex education for Africa he is definitely to blame for that. Wacko

I think he is one of the most significant Catholic figures of the 20th century, along with Adolf Hitler.

If Adolf Hitler counts as a significant Catholic figure then Che Guevera and Fidel Castro by default must count as Catholic figures as well. And I guess Stalin would count as a great Orthodox figure, I mean he was slated to become a priest at a young age and all........
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Mercury_Dawn View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Mercury_Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2008 at 07:02
St. George or St. Nick- they are largely non-offensive to Muslims and Christians, and St. George is more widely accepted in the middle east.

I think St. George is a good choice..... unless you be a jew.

I say, far better than a Christian, we go with a historian, like Ibn Khaldun. It's a history website for christ's sake, let's make a historian our totem- doubt any old saint is going to hurt, and if the Vatican can hang a picture of Mao in ignorance, we can do our greatest historian full knowing who he is. It's a English language site with a most unenglish historian, it's a good, all around symbol. If you don't go with Ibn, you'll have to go with St. George by default though.... you know, it's pretty neutral.
King Kang of Mu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
(Foot)Balling DJ from da Eastside

Quote King Kang of Mu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2008 at 08:00
http://www.allempires.net/forum/forums.html
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2008 at 11:38
AE has become a reactionary environment compared to what it was before. I wrote my views on the assasination attempt and everyone is upset. I've written the same thing almost three years ago but nobody cared back then:

So I don't understand your problem? You don't like expletives all of a sudden or what? Is that it? I thought this forum was for people above the age of 13.

Cryptic,

Actually you can find it in a variety of Churches, temples and mosques (Bahai belief).

So your truth cannot be found in Muslim mosques? Interesting.

Religious truth reflects the best of who we are as humans and is the foundation of any society.

There is no truth in religion at all. All religions are solid lies within soft lies all wrapped around a shiny core of more lies. They have nothing whatsoever to do with the nature of humans or the good side of humans. 'Religious truth' is the foundation of Saudi Arabia and Iran, not of any advanced country. All advanced countries are found on rejection of religion.

Religous truth endures because it is what makes us human.

What arrogance. Speak for yourself, I was born human. I also wonder since 'religious truth is what makes us human', people who don't acknowledge your so-called 'truth' are not humans? Are Atheists, Muslims, Buddhists, etc not human according to you? I give it to you that at least you are not a two-faced liar like JP2, who posed with the Muslims for posterity.

The artificial systems such as  Marxism or modern secularism fail. Religous systems have evolved over thousands of years and thus have a far better understanding of human beings than Karl Marx or Nietszche.

Don't hold your breath on that, Nostradamus. Religion is a revolting mix of primitive ignorance and opium fuers volk. It feeds on the weaknesses of humans, not on any understanding of anything. Its grip on the society got weaker in history, as modernity came around. Churches lost all battles they picked with science and got castrated in the end so that the same people who were burning scientists on stakes when they were powerful are talking about love and understanding today. These lies won't save them and they will disappear some day, just like Zeus worship disappeared and is considered fairy tales/mythology today. 

Actually, Hitler was a de facto athiest with vague beliefs about destiny. Hitler was no more "Catholic" than his fellow atheists Mao and Pol Pot were "Buddhists".

That's bullshit. This is what he said in 1941:
'I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so.'

He remained a member of the Catholic church until his death. More quotes:

"We are a people of different faiths, but we are one. Which faith conquers the other is not the question; rather, the question is whether Christianity stands or falls. … We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity … in fact our movement is Christian. We are filled with a desire for Catholics and Protestants to discover one another in the deep distress of our own people.

• Speech in Passau, 27 October 1928, Bundesarchiv Berlin-Zehlendorf
  • And now Staatspräsident Bolz says that Christianity and the Catholic faith are threatened by us. And to that charge I can answer: In the first place it is Christians and not international atheists who now stand at the head of Germany. I do not merely talk of Christianity, no, I also profess that I will never ally myself with the parties which destroy Christianity. If many wish today to take threatened Christianity under their protection, where, I would ask, was Christianity for them in these fourteen years when they went arm in arm with atheism? No, never and at no time was greater internal damage done to Christianity than in these 14 years when a party, theoretically Christian, sat with those who denied God in one and the same Government.
    • speech delivered at Stuttgart, February 15, 1933
  • Hitler was not a 'de-facto' 'athiest', he was a normal Catholic. Calling Hitler 'atheist' is a propaganda lie spread by American Christian right. As we see above Hitler himself makes it clear that he is a Catholic and he is fighting to save Christianity from 'international atheism'. Stalin, on the other hand, was an atheist, and cannot be called Orthodox, unless you show us where he claims that he is one, and he is fighting for the Orthodox belief, etc.

It makes more sense to compare JPII to Ayatollah Khomeini.  It was far safer to live in the theistic Ayatollah's Iran than in atheist  Mao's China or Pol Pot's Cambodia.

Pol Pot's Cambodia was an American creation and ally. It shows American ignorance and cynicism to use it as an example of evils of Marxism. It would work on clueless people, but if you know about Marx (he considers peasantry petite bourgeois, and welcomes their transformation into urban proletariat) and what happened in Cambodia (urban proletariat forced to become peasants, with American support), you know that it is bullshit. I recommend that you use Stalin as the evil Marxist poster-boy in the future. Because best propaganda is based on truth.

Anyway, I support the people who liberated Cambodia, not the American creation Pol Pot. As to Mao, I am not a big fan, but under his regime China kisked the foreigners out improved a lot, so your claims are wrong. You were far more likely to survive childhood there, compared to India, for instance.

That is because religous truth has safeguards that prevent any "Year Zero" or "cultural revolution" type destruction. Marxism does not have these safeguards

Safeguards? Like the parts of the old testament which advocate genocide? Do you have any idea what happened in the Middle Ages when religion reigned supreme? Ever heard of the Crusades? Inquisition?

Hugo,

He did opposed the U.S. and its unjust military interventions.

Not at all, he was a shameless American collaborator, who hurt Latin America a lot. Supported American installed dictators and opposed popular movements, when the popular movements were supported by the local church. Just read about 'liberation theology'.  

Your argument that he is responsible for deaths is a stretch. He is just a moral figure head, not the head of a major nation.

I just repeat what doctors and aid organisations say. He made it absolutely clear that under no circumstances use of condoms is allowed. Imagine you are an ignorant Catholic in a poor country and have a spouse who has AIDS. The doctors are desparately trying to get you to use condoms during sex. Your local priest is undecided (and in many cases agreeing with the doctors), but some spastic in Vatican says 'no', so you get AIDS as well. You both die leaving behind HIV positive AIDS orphans... THAT is what's happening in the world, especially in Africa, and that is what he is responsible for. Of course it is not just his fault, but he surely could have saved thousands if not millions of lives.

Janus,

Why do you compare communism (a secular ideology) with religion? Why do you think I am talking about the 'truth of communism' when I oppose the idea that the religions speak the truth?

To be honest, when I write that the truth can not be found in churches, what I have in mind as a better place to look at is laboratories, not party HQs. As usual you attack my political beliefs because you believe you can score easy points there. Open up your mind.
    JanusRook View Drop Down
    Sultan
    Sultan
    Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2008 at 12:18
    Why do you compare communism (a secular ideology) with religion?

Because in many circles, communists have turned their cause into a religion with Marx as their new god Lenin as their new Christ and Saints Joseph and Leon to bring them to their communist paradise.

In Communism Marx was against religion because he thought that if people only cared about the afterlife they wouldn't care about the class struggle so they wouldn't do anything to aid them in this life. Religion does not cloud the reality of the world but supplements it, gives it a human element. Or would you enjoy it if the government saw you as a collection of cells rather than a human being? Without spirituality communism cannot work because it denigrates us to things instead of humans.

Why do you think I am talking about the 'truth of communism' when I oppose the idea that the religions speak the truth?

I was just trying to show you that religious affiliation is parallel to your political affiliation. There are religious fanatics, religious idiots, religious heroes. Just like there are political fanatics, political idiots and political heroes. It is all how one looks at it, and we all have our own biases.

As usual you attack my political beliefs because you believe you can score easy points there. Open up your mind.

As you can tell from my sig below I have no motive to attack your political beliefs. And I could care less about what others think, I'm expressing my personal feelings about the topic (which btw I was unaware of the comments 3 years ago, but if I was I assure you I would have responded in a similar manner. I think that by rejecting religion outright your the one who is closing your mind. After all even in primitive societies tens of thousands of years ago, they were living in a communist society, no classes everyone shares in the labor and shares in reward and yet we can tell from their artifacts that they had a thriving spiritual side. Perhaps that is the reason pure marxism hasn't taken hold in the world, because it denies a whole portion of our being.

JanusRook View Drop Down
    Sultan
    Sultan
    Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2008 at 12:20
    If you don't go with Ibn, you'll have to go with St. George by default though.... you know, it's pretty neutral.

Actually I thought St. Catherine of Alexandria was the most neutral choice, no objections, has multiple votes, pre-schism saint so she makes the best choice in my opinion.

Maharbbal View Drop Down
    Sultan
    Sultan
    Retired AE Moderator

Quote Maharbbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2008 at 14:31
    err... people... gents... please... behave

this was supposed to be a nice little thread about nothing else than picking a saint to be our patron (btw in as much as I admire ibn khaldun, he was a Muslim so hardly qualify as a saint, if we had problems proving his very existence you could have a go but we don't).

Anyway, how did you manage to turn this little thread into your usual west v marx crap.

@ bey

I defenitely disagree with you, but what I disagree the most with is your lack of humour. C'mon this is just plain fun respecting an old tradition. So tell which saint you'd vote for or stop trolling. In the old AE which you so dearly regret Kom would have crucified you for such a behaviour.

I am a free donkey!
    hugoestr View Drop Down
    Tsar
    Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2008 at 14:33
    Bey,

As most Catholics here will tell you, we don't really follow what the Pope says. He is like a beloved nagging old aunt. You agree with her in her presence, and then you do whatever you were going to do in any case. Besides, at some point the Roman Church decided that birth began at conception because the science that they had was not advanced enough. The way the Church is, they will stick to their guns for many, many years. Look, it took up to JPII to admit that evolution doesn't contradict scripture and about 500 to admit that they were wrong about Galileo.

And on this JPII actually shined. He admitted to more mistakes of the Church and asked for forgiveness than probably any other pope in history.

As for supporting right wing regimes, JPII was actually quite pragmatic on this front. Although liberation theology was rejected during his tenure, a strong social Gospel was still preached in Latin America. In most cases the rejection amounted to "everything is okay as long as you don't use Marxism." Which of course is correct since armed conflict, a corner stone of marxism, is on conflict with the pacifism of Christianity.

And here is another one about the Roman church: it sides with everyone, unless the party openly rejects it. Just as there were bishops siding with dictators, there were bishops and priests siding with the people. This way it is always on the side of of the victor. Had Marxists not been anti-clerical, you would have had Roman bishops siding along with them once they took over the government.

gcle2003 View Drop Down
    King
    King

Suspended

Quote gcle2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2008 at 15:00
    Maharbbal, I sympathise. It was such a nice thread to begin with.
    Chieftain
    Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2008 at 15:03
    Because in many circles, communists have turned their cause into a religion with Marx as their new god Lenin as their new Christ and Saints Joseph and Leon to bring them to their communist paradise.

Many circles my ass. You know as well as I do that the reason you brought up Communism is because it was I who wrote the anti-religious argument. It could have been someone else, I agreed with Tobodei on this issue to the letter, for instance, and he was not even left wing, let alone a Socialist. The problem is AE has become reactionary, one way or another, so that anti-clerical views are censored.

But I suspect you just follow the line of attack already set out for you by others. Nowadays in AE, no matter I write, I get ad-hominems like these. Even if I write 'I don't like this beer' someone jumps in with 'yeah as if Soviet beer was better'... 

I really don't know whether this behaviour stems from clinical red-phobia spread by the pocket McCarthys in the AE splashing on to me because people know I am a socialist, or is it because personal hatred of some people being vented out through a line of attack initiated by a relatively smarter member and parroted ad nauseam by endless others?

Whatever the reason of your obsession about Marx or Communism, it is really boring. Look, if you don't like me, that's fine. All I ask for is at least find your own ad hominems, am I asking too much? Just don't bring Marx or whoever it is you think is an easy target into everything.

I was just trying to show you that religious affiliation is parallel to your political affiliation. There are religious fanatics, religious idiots, religious heroes. Just like there are political fanatics, political idiots and political heroes. It is all how one looks at it, and we all have our own biases.

You were not trying to show me anything, mate. The subject was truth of religions, and I wrote that there is no such thing. That's what I believe, and I was an atheist way before I was a socialist. I am far more likely to become a liberal capitalist tomorrow, than believing in your fairy tales.

I think that by rejecting religion outright your the one who is closing your mind.

I am not rejecting religion outright. I hold it to scrutiny and reject it when it fails.  

After all even in primitive societies tens of thousands of years ago, they were living in a communist society, no classes everyone shares in the labor and shares in reward and yet we can tell from their artifacts that they had a thriving spiritual side.

What is the 'spiritual' side other than a vague sense of awe rooted in ignorance? They had religions because they were ignorant. Now we know what causes thunder so we no longer believe in thunder spirits/gods unlike them.   
    Chieftain
    Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2008 at 15:08
    In the old AE which you so dearly regret Kom would have crucified you for such a behaviour.

Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?
    JanusRook View Drop Down
    Sultan
    Sultan
    Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2008 at 16:49
    The problem is AE has become reactionary, one way or another, so that anti-clerical views are censored.

Whoa, whoa, whoa hold up there a minute. Even though I am a moderator I was not speaking in any official capacity, I do not bring up issues like that in a public forum unless I feel it is warranted, and trust me you'll know when I'm speaking as a moderator. I found absolutely nothing wrong in your statements as far as the Code of Conduct is concerned but many things wrong on a personal level so I went into a discussion on a personal level.

Please, I'm talking to you one man to another on opinions, don't take it any further than that.

Whatever the reason of your obsession about Marx or Communism, it is really boring. Look, if you don't like me, that's fine. All I ask for is at least find your own ad hominems, am I asking too much? Just don't bring Marx or whoever it is you think is an easy target into everything.

Your absolutely correct Beylerbeyi, I should not have drug communism into this discussion as you did not bring it up into this discussion, you express an anti-Clerical view and due to other things you have said on the forum it registered as Marxist in my head even though you did not specifically mention it. For that I apologize, I was just merely highlighting the fact that just because you find negatives in something doesn't mean there aren't negatives (and positives) in anything else.

Also, I don't dislike you Beylerbeyi at all. I appreciate all members of the forum equally as long as they follow the rules which as far as I can tell in posts of yours I've read you have been doing that. I do disagree with you on a few points but that is a personal disagreement and is what discussion is for. I hope that you continue to play by the rules and don't think that there is any alterior motives behind our discussions.

Now we know what causes thunder so we no longer believe in thunder spirits/gods unlike them.  

Yes we have our own form of thunder in quantum physics and such. It's funny but it seems like we're just peeling the layers from an onion. Once we get passed one there's always another mystery, we are always one step away from disproving religion, yet religion has yet to fail. That is the reality of religion that we can never fully understand the world even though every second we come that much closer because omniscience is the realm of the divine.

Chieftain
    Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2008 at 17:15
    Whoa, whoa, whoa hold up there a minute. Even though I am a moderator I was not speaking in any official capacity, I do not bring up issues like that in a public forum unless I feel it is warranted, and trust me you'll know when I'm speaking as a moderator. I found absolutely nothing wrong in your statements as far as the Code of Conduct is concerned but many things wrong on a personal level so I went into a discussion on a personal level.

Please, I'm talking to you one man to another on opinions, don't take it any further than that.

That comment was not targeted to you, it was for another mod who threatened me through PM. Sorry, I should have made it clearer.

Edited by Beylerbeyi - 25-Sep-2008 at 17:17
    Seko View Drop Down
    Emperor
    Emperor
    Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Sep-2008 at 18:19
    Bey, most of us respect you to varying degrees. I would hope the mutuality goes both ways too, as I think it does. Aside from being opinionated, which is your right, all you have to do to in order to get half of the membership off your back is to show some restraint with the vulgarities. Words to incent. Cursing even. Pretty much that covers most issues at my end. Once you manage that the ad hominemer's would lose traction. Try not to incite then later justify your actions by ignoring C-5 of the CoC though. Members will take things to heart when the CoC is broken and an offender is let off. We don't want to limited freedom of speech as much as limit freedom of bull...speech (Rude insults, defamatory remarks, offensive images, cursing, profanity intended as an insult towards another member, personal attacks, words of hate. Any remarks that stirs up anger).

Your right to participate has been protected even though you make it hard on us sometimes. Many of us look forward to a cold slap on the face now and then, and you do provide that. Just don't expect to do it most of the time as if that were the only thing that mattered. If it is then the right to say those things is limited. Hope you will take my messge as one of concern and intent to clear the air. People naturally will react and get all hominemical on you if you don't mind a few of those things I mentioned.

PS - If you have a complaint about a staff member, the proper channels would be to raise the issue via pm to one of the admins. I would gladly take your call if you care to share your concern with me. Also, I don't think I need to hide my feelings that I respect and admire most of your work. I actually do. I need to read more about how the world was and is effected by capitalism, communism and any other ism that crossed the land. You tend to provide that knowledge. Carry on, just mind the p's and q's while you are at it.

- - Thanks for the patience Maharbbal. Now we can presumably go back to the topic. Heeeere's Johnny!

Edited by Seko - 25-Sep-2008 at 19:50
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>