Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDay of the German

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Day of the German
    Posted: 24-Nov-2009 at 18:35
I dont care for American goverment. I just cant stand when Germans try to put themself into the same pocket as their victims. I can only tell you that they started executions of civilians in my city a day after they took it. When you are a MURDERER, dont ask others to treat you in other way that you have treated your victims.
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2009 at 19:14
Originally posted by opuslola

Cetainly American and other Allied troops committed War Crimes? It is the nature of war!

True, but allied troops committed war crimes at the level of individuals or small units.  NAZI Germany and Imperial Japan made the commission of large scale war crimes a national policy. That is a huge difference.
Originally posted by opuslola

Even now the American government seems determined to see if it can convict our own agents, and soldiers of such crimes? Whilst it has "noble intentions", it is still "wrong!"

That depends on what crimes the individual agents and soldiers are accused of. 

As a side note, military courts martial of war crimes are traditionally presided over by combat officers and in the case of an enlisted man, a senor NCO with combat experience. This ensures that the men are not judged by rear echelon officers.

Edited by Cryptic - 24-Nov-2009 at 19:24
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2009 at 19:39
1st September 1939 German Luftwaffe bombed small city of Wielun. The city was defenceless and there was no single Polish soldier inside and in the close area. In result of Bombing 75% of the city was completelly destroyed and about 1300 people were killed.

Since the 1st to 24th september 1939 German forces commited 764 mass executions of civilians and PoWs, in which were murdered 20.000 - 24.000 people. It was so called operation Tannenberg (germ. Unternehmen Tannenberg).

People responsible for executions in my city (Poznan):

Judges of the court:

commander of 14 Einsatzkommando der Sicherheitspolizei: Gerard Flesh - president of the court

Wilhelm Holz – judge

Hans Stapfner – police officer also in the role of judge

German civilians who helped in organisation of massacres in my city and region

Dr. Wolfgang Karl Werner Bickerich, priest of evangelic church of St. John in Leszno, author of the list of people that should be killed, which the list he was preparing for many years before the war was started

Artur Kramer – leader of  Jungdeytsche Partei and Selbstschutzu

Heinz Hoffman – leader of German minority in my region

Jochann Utershutz – major of Osieczna town

Gustaw Pietsch – butcher from Oseiczna town

Horst von Leesen – german aristocrate and land owner from Osieczna town area.

And it was only begining of German occupation.

So spare me your neonazi propaganda and your neonazi book Gerry57

Edited by Mosquito - 24-Nov-2009 at 19:45
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Nov-2009 at 21:09
Mosquito, millions of Germans also suffered during the war. They were people to.

Hell, if you want to look at it the way you are looking at it, then by your very own argument, no one should be sympathetic to Israeli's simply because of what the Israeli government is doing. The same goes for the British, the French, the Russians, and every other European nations that has killed millions of people.

As much as the Western powers want to paint Germany as evil (dont get me wrong, Hitler was certainly evil, as was his Nazi party), in many cases throughout history, Western governments have done far worse, especially the European ones. What Hitler did to civilians pales in conparison to was the British, French, and others did in their empires. Hell, the Spanish wiped out entire civilizations and peoples, they succeeded in their genocides.

Fact is, German's suffered too, it was a horrendous war. I think Germans should not only be able to mourn their dead, but that they too should be able to honor their dead soldiers, who fought and died for their country, as tens millions of others have throughout history.
The British alone are responsible for the deaths of 20 million Indians (and that was just in one part of their empire, they killed millions more in Africa), a hell of a lot more than Hitler killed.

My guess is, if you were a German in 1941 and you were given orders by your superior to kill innocent civilians, you would have done it too.

Edited by TheGreatSimba - 24-Nov-2009 at 21:22
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2009 at 03:44
Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

Mosquito, millions of Germans also suffered during the war. They were people to.

Their victims were people too. And as i proved on my list, those innocent German civilians without any orders were helping in organisation of massacres of Polish civilians. So the German population was responsible as well, even such people like German priests.

Hell, if you want to look at it the way you are looking at it, then by your very own argument, no one should be sympathetic to Israeli's simply because of what the Israeli government is doing. The same goes for the British, the French, the Russians, and every other European nations that has killed millions of people.

As much as the Western powers want to paint Germany as evil (dont get me wrong, Hitler was certainly evil, as was his Nazi party), in many cases throughout history, Western governments have done far worse, especially the European ones. What Hitler did to civilians pales in conparison to was the British, French, and others did in their empires. Hell, the Spanish wiped out entire civilizations and peoples, they succeeded in their genocides.

We were talking about Germans and WW2. If you want to talk about British or French, start new topic for it. And almost all the Germans were nazists so i make no distinction between those 2 words.

My guess is, if you were a German in 1941 and you were given orders by your superior to kill innocent civilians, you would have done it too.

Speak for yourself, not for me.

During WW2 Germans showned real barbarity on the scale unknown before in Europe. By their actions they outlawed themselves, showned that no human rights should be applied to them. Whoever and whatever did to the Germans during the war, was completelly right to do it. A little bit of suffering might have opened their eyes on the evil they did to other people. And the other people have been suffering much longer than Germans did.

Polish farmers murder by Germans who seems to be very proud on the picture.

Edited by Mosquito - 25-Nov-2009 at 03:58
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2009 at 08:59
Originally posted by Mosquito

Their victims were people too.

Yes, they were both people.

And as i proved on my list, those innocent German civilians without any orders were helping in organisation of massacres of Polish civilians. So the German population was responsible as well, even such people like German priests.

You did not prove that all Germans committed acts of massacre, you only proved that some did, which is true of all nations.

We were talking about Germans and WW2. If you want to talk about British or French, start new topic for it. And almost all the Germans were nazists so i make no distinction between those 2 words.

No, the point I was trying to make is very relevant to this thread. So tell me, do you feel the same towards Britain or France? I doubt it. You only feel this way towards the Germans because of what they did to your people, but you probably dont think twice about what the British and French did to the Africans, Native Americans, and Asians....

I'm saying that its all the same, Nazi Germany was no better or worse than the world powers who defeated it. The only difference is that Nazi Germany was, thankfully, stopped a lot sooner than some of the other empires which committed genocides and massacres for hundreds of years.

Speak for yourself, not for me.

I garuntee you that you would have, there is also a good chance that you would have joined the Nazi party too. Given the climate in Germany at the time, its hard to imagine that if you were German and you were serving in the German army, you would not have followed orders.

During WW2 Germans showned real barbarity on the scale unknown before in Europe.

Really? Entire Jewish populations were wiped out during the genocide of the first crusade. Entire populations have been eradicated from the face of Europe, entire nations and cultures destroyed. Believe me, Europe was a violent place long before the German's gained power.

By their actions they outlawed themselves, showned that no human rights should be applied to them. Whoever and whatever did to the Germans during the war, was completelly right to do it. A little bit of suffering might have opened their eyes on the evil they did to other people. And the other people have been suffering much longer than Germans did.

Polish farmers murder by Germans who seems to be very proud on the picture.

Your right, lets go carpet bomb London and Paris too, maybe that will teach them a lesson.

What you have to understand here is that the victors write history. Thats why we hear about all the bad things committed by the "bad" guys and only the good things done by the "good" guys.

However, Nazi Germany was evil, I'll give you that, but killing is killing, and civillians are civillians.

Let me ask you something, do you think the dropping of the nuclear bombs on Japan was justified?
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2009 at 09:31

Your right, lets go carpet bomb London and Paris too, maybe that will teach them a lesson.

It were the Germans who started bombing cities and killing civilians. I feel no mercy for the Germans who died during allied bombings. If the Germans didnt start bombing the cities, the allies probably woudnt do it. On the begining of the war, when Wielun was razed to the ground, when Warsaw was in fire, the British and French were bombing Germany with shits of paper. When one of the British generals asked for bombing German industries, the commander of Bomber command answered "no" and asked him if he realises that it is private property.

So im not talking with you on this subject anymore. It wasnt your country that was suffering 5 years of German occupation and 6 millions of murdered people.
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2009 at 16:43

It wasnt your country that was suffering 5 years of German occupation and 6 millions of murdered people.

Believe me, my country has suffered a lot more than Poland has (entire cities and populations wiped out throughout its long history).

And by the way, the Nazi's killed 12 million civillians in their concentration camps, not just the 6 million Jews that you are referring to (but maybe they dont count?)

The point I was trying to make is that you are looking at all of this in a very one sided way. Like the Polish never committed any atrocities?
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2009 at 17:14

It wasnt your country that was suffering 5 years of German occupation and 6 millions of murdered people.

Believe me, my country has suffered a lot more than Poland has (entire cities and populations wiped out throughout its long history).

And by the way, the Nazi's killed 12 million civillians in their concentration camps, not just the 6 million Jews that you are referring to (but maybe they dont count?)

The point I was trying to make is that you are looking at all of this in a very one sided way. Like the Polish never committed any atrocities?

I count 6 millions of citisens of my country killed in about 5 years, mostly murdered.
Gerry57 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2009 at 16:03
I'm alittle confuse? If you count the Jews that was killed, and compare it old census numbers after the WWII; Cities around Europe, Asia Israel, and The United States. The number is closer to 1.5 million. True an awful number, but war is very terrible event.
Gerry O'Brien
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2009 at 16:38

I feel no mercy for the Germans who died during allied bombings.
that statement makes me believe, that I know what you would have done, if you were a german 70 years ago.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2009 at 16:56
In my opinion, everything about the past, the distant past and the less distant past is up to some challenge!

Propaganda is and always will be propaganda!

But, of course, I could be wrong?

Ron
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2009 at 17:25
Originally posted by beorna

that statement makes me believe, that I know what you would have done, if you were a german 70 years ago.

Actually you know nothing.

This is the picture of my grandfather during WW2:

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2009 at 17:45
Look guys! There are plenty of the so called "revisionist" sites on the I-net, which can make some people at least, give the entire holocaust a new view!

But, I am not a denier of the holocaust! Rather I deny a lot of things!

Regards,

Ron
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Gerry57 View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2009 at 08:03
War is a horrible business. It's hard too see how anyone wins. The innocent civilians are the real untold victims. I think Iraq, and Afghanistan proves this theory. The real question I think is who was the real players hiding in the shadows directing the course of actions to be carried out. I think Israel and the palestinian people issue shows what can be done when you have the most powerful countries help you on your quest! If it's help with money, arms, intelligence, or just plain turn your head while innocent civilians are killed and torture. There are alot of information about the secret meetings Israel was having with the United States and Britain years before any action was taken against the "money changers". Remember the gypsys were run out of Russia for their continuance trouble.I find that the European Libraries are a good source of correct information. It was Britain who demand that Israel be given land and should be taken from the Palestinian people. A mistake that modern day Britain now regrets.
Gerry O'Brien
beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2009 at 16:11

i just answered to this statement. If you feel no mercy for the German victims of bombings, then you feel no mercy for German babies that burned in the firestorms too. I can't see their guilt. The bombings did not only hit nazis or their supporters.
The Nazis never had a majority in free elections. so whatever was done in the name of germany, it was not supported by the whole German population. If you wanna be a judge about German history you should deal with it before.

In my family there were Nazis, Democrates and Communist, people who served in SS and wehrmacht, but also people who where murdered by the Gestapo. There were guilty and innocent ones. you can't say all Germans were guilty. If you can't feel mercy than you are not better than the people you blame.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2009 at 18:34
Originally posted by beorna

i just answered to this statement. If you feel no mercy for the German victims of bombings, then you feel no mercy for German babies that burned in the firestorms too. I can't see their guilt. The bombings did not only hit nazis or their supporters.
The Nazis never had a majority in free elections. so whatever was done in the name of germany, it was not supported by the whole German population. If you wanna be a judge about German history you should deal with it before.

In my family there were Nazis, Democrates and Communist, people who served in SS and wehrmacht, but also people who where murdered by the Gestapo. There were guilty and innocent ones. you can't say all Germans were guilty. If you can't feel mercy than you are not better than the people you blame.

Germans started bombing and killing civilians since the first day of war. They should have think about consequences before the started doing it. And as far i know, majority of Germans joined NSDAP
Domen View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2009 at 03:24
I have found a funny description below the video about the way to WW2 on You Tube (in this description author of the video is apologizing all Germans for making such a video):

"Originally meant to be a prelude introduction to a episodic war cartoon, functions like an old time newsreel depicting events leading up to World War II

Creator's Note: I have never claimed and will never claim historical accuracy on this video, as it says above it was made for entertainment sake. And it bears no ill-will to any German person, the only villain in this video is Adolf Hitler, (and he wasn't even German) and if you side with him, then I really couldn't care how offended you get."

Why should history researchers apologize Germans for their own history?

Edited by Domen - 20-Dec-2009 at 03:28
Chieftain
Chieftain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2009 at 10:32
Originally posted by Domen

I have found a funny description below the video about the way to WW2 on You Tube (in this description author of the video is apologizing all Germans for making such a video):

"Originally meant to be a prelude introduction to a episodic war cartoon, functions like an old time newsreel depicting events leading up to World War II

Creator's Note: I have never claimed and will never claim historical accuracy on this video, as it says above it was made for entertainment sake. And it bears no ill-will to any German person, the only villain in this video is Adolf Hitler, (and he wasn't even German) and if you side with him, then I really couldn't care how offended you get."

Why should history researchers apologize Germans for their own history?

Interesting video.

Howver, there is one aspect, which the video briefly hinted out, thats not talked about much.

World War Two would probably never have happened at the Allies (France, UK, and US) not been selfish at the end of World War One. They forced Germany to take the blame for a war it did not start, forced the country into poverty, occupied much of its territory, etc... what did they think was going to be the result? This is called political backlash, its happened many times throughout history and its a natural cause and effect situation.

beorna View Drop Down
General
General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Dec-2009 at 14:01

Did I understand it correct, mosquito, that you are from Poland? As far as I know, most Polish or at least a lot were in the Communist Party after the war. So all Polish are responsible for Stalinistic crimes?

What has a membership in the NSDAP to do with guilt of the war? For some groups of Germans it was necessary to become members, others just wanted to have no problems. There wee a lot of reasons. It was a dictatorship. It was a special situation that led Hitler to the power, it were not the majority of Germans that brought him into power. Of course it were too much, but even all electors of the NSDAP were pure Nazis, racist or somewhat like that. There were different reasons for Germans to give him their voive. You just see the propaganda movies of Goebbels and believe what you see is the truth, but those pictures are propaganda. You blame them, how could they do this. It is easy today to do it, it is easy to blame them, but we know more than they knew. 

I don't want to discuss away neither guilty nor any crimes. I just wonder why some people are blaming Nazis or Germans for crimes and inhumanity and are cheering in the same minute about every German, who was killed, massacred or what else.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>