Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Linking Koreans with Turks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Linking Koreans with Turks
    Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 01:12

Warhead answered my question.

To Warhead,

Maybe you don't think so, but to me, Tibet and East Turkistan has never historically been an inseparable part of China.

Especially Tibet.  It has NEVER been a part of China until the invasion of the Chinese red army.

Also Inner mongolia although less disputed, but isn't historically a part of China either.  To best, China was a part of Mongolia.

And let's review to the Qing dynasty.

China had to sign a treaty to give Indo-China to the French.  Was Indo-China ever part of China?  Actually no.  Vietnam had its king, all the other countries had their leaders.  But to China, if they pay tribute to China, China had responsibility to help them. 

That is why when Ryukyu was invaded by the Japanese near the end of Qing dynasty, the king of Ryukyu wrote a letter asking for help to the Qing's court.

As I said, you can't use today's view on nationalism to view international situations back then.  Back in the days before European imperialism was introduced to Asia, things worked a little differently.

I mean if Zheng-He's fleet was an European fleet, with that amount of man power, could you imagine he just stop at each country and ask for trade and tribute?  It was just a different set of rules and view of the world back then.

Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 11:40
China never fought Yamato....they fought Koguryo and Baekje, but never yamato...and even if they did, that's still only twice
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 13:05

First one happened in Tang Dynsaty 663, where Tang dynasty was supporting Silla.  That is after Baekje was already defeated.  Japanese emperor ѴѬ (sorry... don't actually know how the Japnese prounced the kanji) sent 400 ships to reinsate the Baekje prince.  By doing so he wish to take control over Corea for the first time.  There was only 100 Tang ships, but the Japanese was defeated.  That started the whole Japnese coming to China to study thing.

Ming Dynasty ... that one... is pretty obvious.  Half of the Corean population died for that Janpanese invasion which lasted 8 years.  I am sure you didn't forget this one did you?

Qing dynasty helping chosun in fighting Meiji japan.  Yeah... that how Taiwan was given to the Japanese.

Corea has historically been really close with China, especially since Corea's unification.  I don't see the any reason why anyone would want to deney that.

Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 13:48
I'm not...I just didn't know the specifics and just wanted them to be clarified to me...I didn't know Tang fought Yamato...thanks for the info!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12