Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cats or Dogs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: Which do you prefer, Cats or Dogs?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
23 [51.11%]
22 [48.89%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cats or Dogs?
    Posted: 15-Nov-2007 at 22:50
Australia has a national dog story. During the 1850's there was a great push inland to settle recently opened land and most traveled by bullock wagon. They took hampers of food with for refreshment on the long journey called a tuckerbox. One bullock driver got his wagon stuck in the nearby Murrumbidgee river. He left is dog to guard his food and went to get his bullocks out of the mud. Sadly the man slipped and drowned. But the dog continued to wait and refused to move away from the box until death. The locals were so impressed by the story of the faithful dog they built a monument "the dog on the tuckerbos" that is still there today.
elenos
Eondt View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Eondt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2007 at 13:30
Dogs! I like cats but they are just not as special as dogs. I have a border collie and she is smarter than any cat I knowApprove

Plus a dog will willingly give its life for you. The most loving and loyal act there can be (and, unfortunately just too much of a practicle consideration over here).
Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Quote Balaam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2007 at 08:25
Originally posted by elenos

We get to know people as friends, but dogs are our real companions.

and in some cases they are like family, my mum considered our old rotty Tara her 5th child and when we had to put her down a couple of years ago cause she had a tumour in the mouth my mum had her cremated and she now resides on a shelf above the computer.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2007 at 23:32
I want a dog like this:
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2007 at 22:16
We get to know people as friends, but dogs are our real companions.
elenos
Panther View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2007 at 20:31
May i extend my condolences to you as well Leonidas?
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2007 at 08:32
yeah it was a chow, my brother is now buying two of them one red one now and is hanging for a white one.

Im philosophical about it, it had a very good long life and it was getting very old the last couple of years.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2007 at 19:05
I'm sorry to hear that Leo. Unhappy That was the Chow wasn't it?
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2007 at 11:22
My dog died just recently after over 15 good years.Unhappy

but my sister just bought one of these keeshonds puppies

a very cute and playful breed, should look like this when it grows up.

Edited by Leonidas - 11-Nov-2007 at 11:24
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2007 at 06:46
Cats! Big%20smile
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2007 at 04:40
You hear these stories, thanks for checking it out. 
elenos
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2007 at 04:15
Cats can and do purr in the wild in fact. But regardless, I'm sure they do purr just to make our hearts melt Embarrassed

Edited by Knights - 11-Nov-2007 at 04:17
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2007 at 03:54
Like them both, they seem to put you in a different mood depending on which one is near you. I have heard that cats don't naturally purr in the wild but they put it on to get their way with us softhearted humans. 
elenos
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2007 at 08:37
A Brittany? Interesting, I didn't previously know anyone with one. Great name too - Boudicca. Cool I myself have a Golden Retriever. Absolutely love him -- and he ain't too thick either. Quite cunning in fact. 
King John View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote King John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2007 at 04:40
I'm a dog guy myself. I have a lovely Brittany named Boudicca and she's much smarter than the cats I know.
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2007 at 04:38
Dogs, for obvious reasons

Edited by Constantine XI - 05-Nov-2007 at 04:40
Panther View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2007 at 04:30

A hard choice, but i went with dogs.

Siege Tower View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Siege Tower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2007 at 06:41
i prefer dogs over cats, the reason being the fact i am a huge goldfish lover, and cats eat fish, i remember the summer before, a cat in the neibourhood ate my dellicate goldfish.......Broken%20Heart
sunnyspot View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote sunnyspot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2007 at 08:48
Prrrrrr...

I talk to my cat all the time - usually right after I vacuum her with an high powered Electrolux. I think she likes it.

Dogs are more human I think - its in their eyes - those puppy dog eyes pleading for some attention - I love dogs too.

I think I prefer dogs over cats - but this stray cat kind of adopted me.
TheARRGH View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel
Over-Lord of the Marching Men

Quote TheARRGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 00:31
I dunno. cats have never struck me as antisocial or arrogant, just less needful of interaction. Have you ever met someone who'll have a long conversation with someone, but doesn't feel the need to do that kind of thing constantly, and rather feels that continual interaction is a perk, not a necessity?
Who is the great dragon whom the spirit will no longer call lord and god? "Thou shalt" is the name of the great dragon. But the spirit of the lion says, "I will." - Nietzsche

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>