Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do you believe that Turkey will enter EU

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Poll Question: Turkey in EU
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [6.56%]
14 [22.95%]
5 [8.20%]
1 [1.64%]
7 [11.48%]
30 [49.18%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you believe that Turkey will enter EU
    Posted: 30-Dec-2006 at 19:46
The thing about Turkey in my point of view is the fallowing:
-First the Turks are not part of Europe they only have Constantinople. And this presents a new discution: where the borders of Europe stop.
-Second they allow the death penalty.
-Third the muslim radicals are growing inside Turkey.
-Fourth this present a serious menace to the stability of Europe.
-Last i defend the fallowing they can have a special relation with Europe with some diferences, like in trade or education perhaps.
-Ah i forget the question of Cyprus

1. If your talking about "geography", Turkey has land in Europe the size of some EU states and with populations larger than them.

2. No they don't allow the death penalty.

3. When muslim radicals wern't a threat to the EU they actually allowed them in, looked after them and most hilarious of all "protected" them and would cause media frenzies being sympathetic to these MANIACS while condemning states like Turkey for clamping down on such people and movements. What the hell were Abu Hamza, Omar Bakri and the like doing in Europe huh, who let them in.

Muslim radicalsim is a huge problem in the EU and its their own fault, just like they have allowed Pkk and other terrorists in who are now running drug and human rackets, feeding young Europeans with Heroin, prostitutes, a crime wave, human smuggling and organized crime.

Don't blame other's for this, we were warned about these people but ignorantly fought we could tame them and use them as a pollitical tool against other countries.

4. What menace?

5. What if they say, sod it, were turning to the East, so-long, now that would de-stabilise the EU.

6. Oh Cyprus, what the next excuse gonna be.

Why don't you just admit that you don't want Turkey in the EU because,

-They have a "different" culture (ironic in itself, do Spain and Sweeden have the same culture I wonder)

-They are muslim

-You don't know much about them and fear what you don't know.

-Hold some stereotype, bias and prejeduce towards them.

However, if people were to speak their minds, they'd just be called racists and there's nothing worse for some people then to be called racist.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2006 at 00:47
Why are there two "never' options?? Lol!!

Join us.
Huncuk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Huncuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2006 at 14:03
I vote for never.I don't want to join eu,we are not european we are steppe.I think eu will broke our nationality and make us a west people...
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Dec-2006 at 15:41
Huncuk, we are not steppe. you are steppe.

Murtaza I agree with you about EU, but -know your support on akp- it is AKP government's Turkey who behaves as a needy third world country instead of using its potential.
I support akp because of inner politic. I should also say, If AKP is to much need for EU, reason is not akp but army.

Sorry, I am totally supporting EU, not because we are european or because we need EU for international politics. Reason is that I dont want to live at a semi-militarist fasist nation. If Army shut up and begin to do what she have to do(finish PKK, We should accept that our army is totally failure about PKK.), I will stop to support EU.

Huncuk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Huncuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2007 at 02:23
Originally posted by Mortaza

Huncuk, we are not steppe. you are steppe.

We are eastern,can you denial this?
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2007 at 13:04
Central Turkey is a Steppe      
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2007 at 13:13
We are eastern,can you denial this?

we are east of europea, west of asia, north of middle east bla bla.

But we are absolutely not any more nomads or steppe people.

Central Turkey is a Steppe      

Ok, we are a little steppe.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jan-2007 at 14:01
-There are Nomad's and people who live Semi-Nomadic lifestyles in Turkey. Even sedentary people, will visit the Yayla in Summer even if its for a few days.

-Central Asia is Steppe so alot of Turkey is Steppe.

-Not everyone in Central Asia is Nomadic, many are sedentary or semi-nomadic and live in urban settlements.
Albert Pine

Liudovik_Nemski View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Liudovik_Nemski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 15:32
Never,i hopeWink
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2007 at 09:32
The reason not to include Turkey (or Russia) is that it has a too large population, which means that it could have a quite independent policy and won't be as easy to control as f.e. Bulgaria or Romania. Combined with the other factors, I believe that Turkey won't join the EU in the next 30 years, if it joins it at all (after 30 years there might be no EU to join in, so...).
As for the public opinion - if I have to be honest, I agree that it's negative mostly due to several factors:
- "The Turks are Muslims and Muslims hate Christians (i.e. us) or in the best case don't get along well with us."
- "The Turks have a too different and Orientalist culture than ours. Bulgaria and Romania have pushed their luck to the best, but that's about it - no more Oriental states."
- "There are a lot of Turks/Muslims in our lands already and they're taking our jobs and only poluting our lands. For the same reason we shouldn't have accepted even Bulgaria and Romania."
Plus some other factors in people's thoughts, be they right or wrong. Btw, I'm pretty sure that the Turks have some prejudices towards the Westerners as well. I remember that there was a pretty popular book in Turkey last year (or the one before it) about a war between Turkey and the EU, in which the brave Turks emerge victorious over the Europeans...
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2007 at 10:43
hehe, Infact It is russians who emerged victorious over the europeans, turks are only allies of russian.
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2007 at 10:48
Turkey and Russia - allies?! Now that would be an interesting read indeed! LOL
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2007 at 10:51
Originally posted by NikeBG

- "The Turks are Muslims and Muslims hate Christians (i.e. us) or in the best case don't get along well with us."
- "The Turks have a too different and Orientalist culture than ours. Bulgaria and Romania have pushed their luck to the best, but that's about it - no more Oriental states."
- "There are a lot of Turks/Muslims in our lands already and they're taking our jobs and only poluting our lands. For the same reason we shouldn't have accepted even Bulgaria and Romania."

If these are indeed the reasons why Europeans do not want Turkey in, then I would say Europeans are pretty damn racist. I hope you are wrong.

Btw, I'm pretty sure that the Turks have some prejudices towards the Westerners as well. I remember that there was a pretty popular book in Turkey last year (or the one before it) about a war between Turkey and the EU, in which the brave Turks emerge victorious over the Europeans...

I do not recall a book on a war with the EU, but there was a book "Metal Storm" if I remember correctly, on a war between America and Turkey, where some Turkish commandos detonate a nuclear bomb in Washington, and than the American president Arnold Scharzeneger responds by nuking several Turkish citiesLOL
I do not think such fiction books are motivated by anti-western sentiment, they are mostly a backlash on what many Turks perceive to be a threat of American imperialism.

Edited by bg_turk - 03-Jan-2007 at 10:53
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2007 at 11:03

Yeah, and add it to china attack over main land of USA, and It is not interesting. I finished it just because I payed for it.

NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2007 at 11:10
Originally posted by bg_turk

If these are indeed the reasons why Europeans do not want Turkey in, then I would say Europeans are pretty damn racist. I hope you are wrong.

Most of the ordinary people in this world are more or less racist and the Europeans are no exception (on the contrary). Of course, I'm sure that not all Europeans think like that and furthermore - not all of them think all these things, at least not consciously. Many might not agree though...
Huncuk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Huncuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2007 at 11:35
Originally posted by NikeBG

Most of us don't like Russians.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2007 at 14:27
this is intellectual discussions part.
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2007 at 14:29
Why you dont like russians?
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2007 at 14:48
They kicked our ass hard, and we kicked their ass hard too. (do you hate turks? we kicked your hard ass too.) 

I think this guy dont like anyone and he think that we are still living at central asia.

We have not bad feeling for russia, but allience with russia is not  a best thing for near future. I should add, our relation with russia is much more better than older times.

Infact my bulgarian friend, You should find another protector.(If you think you need one.)
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2007 at 14:51
We already got another protector - EU.
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>