Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ataturk's Children

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ataturk's Children
    Posted: 24-Oct-2006 at 22:15
Did Ataturk have children? if so, biological or adopted?
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 00:45
He had an adopted daughter.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 01:36
one daughter?

the reason I was asking is that I have recently read in a Russian newspaper, that the adopted daughter was actually an Armenian orphan?

Edited by mamikon - 25-Oct-2006 at 01:38
OSMANLI View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote OSMANLI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 03:10
Rumour has it that Mustafa Kemal had a son, Abdurrahim.

Check the following link for more information (Turkish):

I will try to find some sources in English or more Turkish ones later.

Has anybody else heard about Abdurrahim?
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 06:32
i've read in "cilgin Trkler" he had an adopted "kurdish" son named Abdullah or Abdurrahim. 
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 08:42
People dont know if he had a daughter or a son? Why all the secrecy?
Brainstorm View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Brainstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 13:12
What has this question to do with modern culture? 
erkut View Drop Down
General
General
Persona non Grata

Quote erkut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 15:23
He had adopted several kidsSmile I dont know the real number(But i am sure more than one)
xi_tujue View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Atabeg

Quote xi_tujue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 16:06
I saw pictures of him and his manevi(adopted) daughter
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 16:45
Originally posted by mamikon

People dont know if he had a daughter or a son? Why all the secrecy?
people do know of one doughter, but many of them dont know their is also an adopted son.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 16:56
Originally posted by brainstorm

What has this question to do with modern culture?

Its under modern history, not modern culture

so...does anyone have any information about his children? especially the daughter(s)? why all the secrecy around them?

Edited by mamikon - 25-Oct-2006 at 16:58
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 19:15

one daughter? the reason I was asking is that I have recently read in a Russian newspaper, that the adopted daughter was actually an Armenian orphan?

Her name was Sabiha Gkcen. Also known as 'the first female aviator of the world'.

Hrriyet (Turkish Newspaper) claimed that she was of Armenian descendant as well.

I don't know about other children though.

Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 00:26
Originally posted by Feanor

one daughter? the reason I was asking is that I have recently read in a Russian newspaper, that the adopted daughter was actually an Armenian orphan?

Her name was Sabiha Gkcen. Also known as 'the first female aviator of the world'.

Hrriyet (Turkish Newspaper) claimed that she was of Armenian descendant as well.

I don't know about other children though.    

No Hurriyet did not claim something like this. Hurriyet has made a news about Sabiha Gokcen just after she died and wrote about claims of some Armenians.

It is very strange that they are claiming something like this after she died. In fact her family is known. They are from Bursa and they are Turks.

Edited by Alparslan - 26-Oct-2006 at 00:28
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 00:38
I have never heard of any Armenian claims about her. As stated earlier, I have read in a Russian newspaper one of Ataturk's daughters was supposably Armenian. It might have been Sabiha or it might not have.

According to Wikipedia, Dr. Hans-Lukas Kieser a swiss historian wrote about her Armenian origins.

Also

In February, the Hurriyet newspaper's publication of a report that Sabiha Gokcen--an adopted daughter of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, who was the country's first female pilot--was of Armenian descent drew a number of racist public statements. The Turkish General Staff issued a statement criticizing the reports on Gokcen's Armenian ancestry as "a claim that abuses national values and feelings" while the Turkish Air Association called the report "an insult" to Gokcen and to Ataturk.

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/hrrpt/2004/41713.htm

Also, from BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3519561.stm

Edited by mamikon - 26-Oct-2006 at 00:44
TheDiplomat View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TheDiplomat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 03:20
Ataturk adopted 9 kids..Smile

He placed a very high value on kids...probably more than any other world leader..

because every year 20th April is celebrated as the Kid's Bayram in Turkey. That date actually marks the opening of the Turkish Grand Assembly..But Ataturk dedicated this day to the children.

.Every year hundreds of children around the world  come to Turkey that time to clebrate this kids bayram :)

Edited by TheDiplomat - 26-Oct-2006 at 03:25
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 09:18
Originally posted by TheDiplomat

because every year 20th April is celebrated as the Kid's Bayram in Turkey.

It is 23th of April.

The Turkish General Staff issued a statement criticizing the reports on Gokcen's Armenian ancestry as "a claim that abuses national values and feelings" while the Turkish Air Association called the report "an insult" to Gokcen and to Ataturk.

Idiots.

Ataturk had light hair and blue eyes. Hardly Central Asian Turkic if you ask me.

Even the very definition of 'race' is quite unclear.
Turk Nomad View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun
suspended

Quote Turk Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2006 at 09:40
We Turks all Ataturk's sons and daugters.

Ataturk is yellow haired and coloured eyed,may be Kipchak Turk huh?Turks are not a one geography race like chinese.
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2006 at 09:50

dont you think this is a little much? I dont think other turks than turkey turks, care much for Ataturk.

Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2006 at 11:10
I agree.Ataturk is a great person and an icon only in turkey.Other turk tribes dont consider him as their national hero.They even dont care about him.
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
Turk Nomad View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun
suspended

Quote Turk Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2006 at 12:03
Originally posted by Mortaza

dont you think this is a little much? I dont think other turks than turkey turks, care much for Ataturk.

İf we intrudced him correctly to them,they will.This is our mistakeConfused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>