Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Azerbaijan Turkish Language

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Azerbaijan Turkish Language
    Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 21:20
I listened to the mp3 files, and it sounds totally understandable, although quite funny

http://www.gospelrecordings.com/catalog/audio/C08140A.mp3

The guy sounds like one of the old guys in my village who only has one tooth in his mouth :lol:

I noticed from the audio file the following variations:
EN                 TR           BG-TR         AF-TR

he wants      istiyor          isti             istyiri         
told               dedi             di              dedi
came             geldi          gyadi           geldi
compulsion mecburiyet mecburiyet  mecburluk
mine            benim        byam          menim

hope that helps.

Edited by bg_turk - 25-Oct-2006 at 21:31
shinai View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote shinai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2006 at 21:23
Guys could you tell what are these meaning:
Gamish,(bull)
Fereh,(chiken)
bece,(chiken)
juje,(Chiken)
qirqi (Sahin)
uqab,(eagle)
pispisa(rotch)
pisik.(Cat)
yuz.(chita)
Peleng.(leopard)
bebir.(Tiger)
tazi,(Dog)

all are animal names , do you see anything common with your languge? I guess these words are basic words. Shouldn't  be same in closely related languages?
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kerimoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 09:56
Smile Guys, I have opened this topic to discuss the relationships between close languages and the grammar and the phoinetics and the lecsicon of Azerbaijan Turkish language. Yes, Azerbaijan Turkish, I am not going to call it Turkish only, even if it is very similar to Turkey Turkish. Becouse, before everything, I live, I have lived and I will continue living in this country and this is my 1st motherland, and and it stands before Turkey, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan or Uyghurustan for me. I am going to fight and die first of all for Azerbaijan, and then for the rest of Turkish countries. So why I should not mention its name in its language???

Guys, of course, the language of a nation is directly connected to its nationality. But I ve opened the topic not to bring again the Persian-Turkish stuff up, I ve openeded it to have a real discussion. What I believe is, once more, Iran Turks do speak Turkish, Azerbaijan Turks do speak Turkish and Turkey Turks speak Turkish. So we all have been living with Persians, Georgians, Armenians, Arabians, Russians darn it, with many others, and we are all sharing a huge part of our cultures and it is our destiny to live together and to be good to each other, so what are those dirty thoughts about? Why we need it? Lets at least in one topic think and write beautiful thinks, at least write guys, even u hate.

But u know what, even if i do not like others, even if i do not like persians, then in any case, against another enemy, i will be ready any time to rise for challange and fight with persians shoulder to shoulder. Not becouse we are rivals to each other, or have been throughout the history, not becouse we both are muslims, but becouse for at least 1000 years we have been living together, borrowing words, cultures, salt and bred from each other every darn day.

I have seen those discussions for months and years, lets continue like gentlemen.

Thank u.

Respectfully Kerimoglu. 

Edited by Kerimoglu - 26-Oct-2006 at 09:59
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 12:34

Shinai are you Qasqai or Afshar? from the Fars province?

The "mp3" is of Qasqai/Afshar Turks in the Fars province which is one of the most southern geographical regions in which a historic Turkic community inhabit.

I've never got to hear their accent before, wow its got a very high mutual intellegebility, I though due to its location it would have been the most different. Thanks for the post.

Kerimoglu once again great post, Thumbs Up I totally agree
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 13:45
Originally posted by shinai

Gamish,(bull)

Fereh,(chiken)

bece,(chiken)

juje,(Chiken)

qirqi (Sahin)

uqab,(eagle)

pispisa(rotch)

pisik.(Cat)

yuz.(chita)

Peleng.(leopard)

bebir.(Tiger)

tazi,(Dog)

all are animal names , do you see anything common with your languge? I guess these words are basic words. Shouldn't be same in closely related languages?

Dear Shinai, you are mistaken if you think the names of the animals are the basic words.

In Uyghur language we use persian "Gosh" for meat instead of "et". Don't you think meat should be more basic than any animal names for a Turkic people? I'm giving this example just to show that even very basic nouns can be loaned from other language.

Basic words in a language is the basic verbs, basic numbers, basic pronouns.

Now please list the above words in that Turkic dialect, and I'll tell you the respective Uyghur Turkish ones, and you will the difference or similarity.

Either make a history or become a history.
Tangriberdi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Tangriberdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 18:07
Originally posted by shinai

Gamish,(bull)
Fereh,(chiken)
bece,(chiken)
juje,(Chiken)
qirqi (Sahin)
uqab,(eagle)
pispisa(rotch)
pisik.(Cat)
yuz.(chita)
Peleng.(leopard)
bebir.(Tiger)
tazi,(Dog)

all are animal names , do you see anything common with your languge? I guess these words are basic words. Shouldn't  be same in closely related languages?
Gamish, found in local Anatolian dialects as Gamish Jamish, Gavmish Jamiz etc...
Juje, found in Standard language as Civciv(read as Jiv jiv) and juvje or juvjev in local forms
Pisik, pisi, pishik pishe are all Anatolian forms. Standard language uses Kedi.
Tazi is a standard word for hound, the dog taken to hunt animals.
The rest should be of Iranic words.
Originally posted by Bulldog

Tangriberdi, can you watch Azerbaycan Tv and do you understand? if you do then it cannot be called a dialect as without studying Azeri Turkish one can understand them and Azeri Turki speakers can understand Anatolian Turkish, the difference is accent with regional words and some lexical differences.
I master Azerbaijani language broadcast on Azerbaijani TVs in such a big percentage of 70-80% of the whole conversations. I miss some thematic words and terminological phrases,mostly of Russian or Persian or Arabic origin. The main structure of Azerbaijani Turkish is just the same as Anatolian dialects and reflects anatolian dialectal words. In Azerbaijani Turkish the verbs like sykenmek erinmek tapmak, yumak aparmak and words like it,  pisik  bildir, bala, ushag kobud  are in use and all thse words pure Anatolian words found in local dialects , Unfgortunately Standard Istanbulite Turkish exclude these neautiful words and many and many that ties us Turks together.

Edited by Tangriberdi - 26-Oct-2006 at 18:23
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 18:32
Tangriberdi, is that why in Turkey people when calling cat's say, Gel Pisi Pisi? Big smile and when they call they rub their thumb and finger saying Pisi Pisi Pisi, how interesting.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Earl
Earl

Quote Tangriberdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2006 at 13:16
Yes exactly, pisi just means cat
Gel pisi pisi means come here cat cat( duplication of the noun makes the noun having a diminutive meaning.
So cat cat means kitty.
shinai View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote shinai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2006 at 16:06
Bulldog, my Dad side are Afshar Turkmen form west Iranian Azerbiajan, city of  Urmiah, and my mother side are from somewhere called Karadag, which I donot have any idea where is that. the Afshars in Azerbaijan talk simillar to the other Azeries.
Earl
Earl

Quote Tangriberdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2006 at 19:29
Shinai, are you of Turkish origin? That is good. it is appreciable that you can say without any consideration that you are an Iranian Turk , being proud. Many of Iranian Turks seem to be shy to say that They are Turks proudly and frankly, due to Iranian governments' assimilation intending policies. Congratulations. I congratulate you for that you have the very awareness of Turkishness along with loyal citizenship of Iran.

Edited by Tangriberdi - 27-Oct-2006 at 19:31
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kerimoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2006 at 06:20
Ok, besides Eagle word, I understand and we use normally all of them in Azerbaijan. Examples:

Pisik ala boyundu, isi yaman oyundu, el-uzunu yuyandi....

The Cat has white neck, he is playing all the time, he is washing his hands and face...
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
Earl
Earl

Quote Tangriberdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2006 at 08:34
Originally posted by Kerimoglu

Ok, besides Eagle word, I understand and we use normally all of them in Azerbaijan. Examples:

The Cat has white neck, he is playing all the time, he is washing his hands and face...
In Anatolian Turkish the sentence comes to be:
Pisi ala boyundu, ishi yaman oyundu, el-yzn yundu.LOL
shinai View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote shinai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2006 at 11:59
Dear Tangriberdi( Taryverdi in Turki)Wink, why should I be ashamed of being from a turkic speaking family, in Iran people respect Azeries, I tried it myself in my last trip to Iran, I only spoke Turki( Azeri) with everybody, in Tehran people were very polite to me. and almost everybody were from an Azeri origin.
assimilasion of Turks in Iran is not because of a policy it is because of a historic process happens in any country to make a nation, It happens in turkey between Turkish Kurds, now most of them preffer to speak Turkish instead of Kurdish, I think nobody force them. This is the case in Iran. This is sad but it is happening. The process so far absorbed almost half of the Turkic speaking Iranian, the Population Of turks has changed form 50 percent to 20%.100 years ago Iran defenitely was a Turkic country , now it is Persian, 300 years later it could be Turkic again who knows?
barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2006 at 12:07
Originally posted by Tangriberdi

Originally posted by Kerimoglu

In Anatolian Turkish the sentence comes to be:

Pisi ala boyundu, ishi yaman oyundu, el-yzn yundu.[IMG]height=17 alt=LOL src="http://www.allempires.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>

In Uyghur it goes like this:

Mushuk aq boyundur, ishi haman oyundur, qol-yuzuni yuyardur.

Either make a history or become a history.
Earl
Earl

Quote Tangriberdi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Oct-2006 at 14:15
Originally posted by barbar

In Uyghur it goes like this:

Mushuk aq boyundur, ishi haman oyundur, qol-yuzuni yuyardur.

It is intersting , because the same word game/saying ( but I do not know its real meaning) has two forms
1: Pisi ala boyundu, ishi yaman oyundu, el-yuzunu  yundu
This form goes paralel with azerbaijani.
2: Pisi ak boyundur, işi yaman oyundur , elini yzn yuvandır.
This form goes with Uyguhur Turkish.

After a short search in my sources I came to conclusion that the fist that is paralell with Azerbaijani is used in Kars Ardahan Igdır Van Erzurum, Erzincan Elazıg Urfa  etc... That is Eastern Turkey which is partially Azerbaijani linguistic area. So it drops the last -r in -dir, is But as an affect of Anatolian Turkish it used this form of -dir  mixed up with past suffix -di.

The Second one is found around Aegean region and Mediterranean region of Turkey. And seems to reflect the correct form of the saying or whatever it is. I do not know what it is exactly.

Because I am in Istanbul, marmara region.
As I said before, Anatolian Turkish dialects vary much and some of their phrases and sayings are unintelligible for us.
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kerimoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2006 at 07:42

I totally agree with Tanriverdi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234