Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who is the greatest Turkic leader? (REVISED LIST)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Who is the greatest Turkic leader? (REVISED LIST)
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [7.35%]
1 [1.47%]
14 [20.59%]
9 [13.24%]
3 [4.41%]
1 [1.47%]
2 [2.94%]
2 [2.94%]
3 [4.41%]
28 [41.18%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Turk Nomad View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Turk Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who is the greatest Turkic leader? (REVISED LIST)
    Posted: 01-Nov-2006 at 03:36
Originally posted by mamikon

I cant believe Suleyman the Magnificient got only one vote (now 2 Big smile) and Attila and Tamerlane got 6 and 3 respectively...just wondering but what did Attila actually do that made him so great?

and also, what exactly is a "Pure Turk"?

İs problem my english?I mean "original,non-mixed".
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2006 at 09:52
ohhhhh, I see now, good work Clap

its a good thing you can prove that too, cause I have starting to have doubts about his purity, not anymore though!
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2006 at 11:43
I think that the poll should be greatesh turkish leader not turk.I dont know for you but i distinguish turks in turkey and turks as a ethnic group.It seem that many others dont.
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
NikeBG View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote NikeBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2006 at 12:15
That's why the poll is about "Turkic leader" (the bigger box) and not simply "Turkish leader" (the smaller box).
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2006 at 12:19
Who is the guy named Atilla the Hun? Did you mean Attila the Hun? Smile 
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2006 at 14:56

Could those who vote please give reasons for their choice, there seems to be an awfull lot of "Atilla" or Attila (just for you Anton Tongue) but no explanation as to why.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

borudjin View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

suspended

Quote borudjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 03:08

the stance of turks from turkey shows why all the other turkic nations hate them! panturkism can never work, when turks form turkey try to prove groups like kazaks or kyrghyz are mongols, and place mostly ottoman sultans in this poll.

Edited by barbar - 06-Nov-2006 at 09:19
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 03:21
why dont you atleast  read it?

I agree, Turks are little to Turkey centered,, but noone called kazak or kırgız as mongol..

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2006 at 14:23
when turks form turkey try to prove groups like kazaks or kyrghyz are mongols, and place mostly ottoman sultans in this poll.

You can add your own addition if its bothering you so much, there are only two Ottoman Sultan's, previously there was one but due to popular support I added a second one.

Timur
Atilla
Mete Khan
Babur Han
Bilge Khan
Nadir Shah
AlpArslan

are not Ottoman Sultan's, 80% of the list is non-Ottoman I tried to include a great Turkic leader from each region.

If you arn't satisfied tell me who has been missed out and why he/she should be included.
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

borudjin View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

suspended

Quote borudjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 04:47

Here would be my list

Genghis Khan
Batu Khan
Attilla
Kanuni Suleiman
Timurlenk
Baybars(he was a kipchak)
Oyuzhan

Ataturk cannot be considered a turkic leader! only real proven turkic lineage should be the criteria, not the turkish republic definition of a turk- language, culture and identity.

geez dont you guys listen at all to nihal atsiz. i mean he was a crazy fascist but at least he made the distinction between turks
borudjin View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

suspended

Quote borudjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 04:48

i forgot babur khan

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Nov-2006 at 08:52

You put Genghiz Khan in but have a problem with AtaTurk being there, I find it ironic as Genghiz never proclaimed to be a Turk while Mustafa Kemal Pasha did.

I agree that Baybars was also a great leader but who would he replace on the list in your opinion/?

Also give your reason's as to why you have picked those leaders please.
Albert Pine

Batu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Batu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2006 at 16:30
Saladin is not on the list:( and Mehmet II wasnt a military genius.he was beaten many times.Kadı Burhaneddin beat him,2 times Albanians,and the plans of the assault on Constaninopole didnt belogng to him.he was a good scientist though( first mortar cannon was invented by him).
   Ataturk is the best Turkish leader.maybe the best of the world.and his actions effected the world very much.
A wizard is never late,nor he is early he arrives exactly when he means to :) ( Gandalf the White in the Third Age of History Empire Of Istari )
gok_toruk View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
9 Oghuz

Quote gok_toruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 03:26

Maybe it's better to change the name to 'The Greatest Turkish Leaders'. Where's people like Manas?

Sajaja bramani totari ta, raitata raitata, radu ridu raitata, rota.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 09:58
If anybody has a problem, explain who you think should be added and why and then we can have a discussion.

Manas? I thought it was an epic legend.    
Albert Pine

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 10:13
İt is about a Kyrguz Turk:ManasWink
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 10:17
Originally posted by borudjin

the stance of turks from turkey shows why all the other turkic nations hate them! panturkism can never work, when turks form turkey try to prove groups like kazaks or kyrghyz are mongols, and place mostly ottoman sultans in this poll.

Kazaks and Kyrguzs are more original Turks from Turkish,Turkish Turks are heavily mixed,but they are still Turks and ı think we must call them "Turkic".
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 12:54
Oh, and who was Tamerlame? It seems you have crushed one of your national heroes into being 'lame'...
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 13:34
Rider
Oh, and who was Tamerlame? It seems you have crushed one of your national heroes into being 'lame'...

Thanks for your input, however, if you could return when you have something a little more mature and relevant to add it would be most appreciated.

When you have "Moderator" behaving like this, well what can you say, how responsible

Edited by Bulldog - 13-Nov-2006 at 14:13
Albert Pine

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2006 at 14:06
I assume you kept Tamerlame instead of Timurlenk to adhere to the english spelling. By the way, rider is a moderator not 'Admin'.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>