Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who is the greatest Turkic leader? (REVISED LIST)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Who is the greatest Turkic leader? (REVISED LIST)
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [7.35%]
1 [1.47%]
14 [20.59%]
9 [13.24%]
3 [4.41%]
1 [1.47%]
2 [2.94%]
2 [2.94%]
3 [4.41%]
28 [41.18%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who is the greatest Turkic leader? (REVISED LIST)
    Posted: 03-Oct-2006 at 15:56
Kanuni, I dont think we need two leader from ottomans. One leader is enough, and I think It should be Fatih.

Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2006 at 16:00
Shocked

Suleyman the Magnificent canont be removed, that's out of the questionBig smile

p.s What are the reasons you had for choosing "Timur"

Edited by Bulldog - 03-Oct-2006 at 16:01
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Oct-2006 at 16:21

Well I have not much idea about his cultural contribution to his own people, but I heard he contributed much.

He is one of best general Turks saw.(I dont think anyone refuse this, He winned war against beyazıt 1, and beyazıt 1 is also one of best general ottomans have.)

And he is somehow good politician, (at least his campaing at anatolia show this) he gain loyalty of anatolian turkish city states, and This helped him much against beyazıt.

But he is cocky(Like beyazıt), and fough against beyazıt without any real reason. Generally I dont like him much, but we should show respect for what he achieved.

barbar View Drop Down
General
General
retired AE Moderator

Quote barbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2006 at 03:15

It is really a difficult choice. IMHO, a great leader should be a great general and also should be a reason for a new cultural renaissance. In this sense, What I familier are the three: Sultan Satuq Bughraxan and Qaraxanid culture, Temurlame (Aqsaq Tomur) and Timurid culture, Babur and Moghul culture. However, Aqsaq Tomur is much more influencial to the whole Turkic world in many aspects, so my vote goes for him.

Either make a history or become a history.
borudjin View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

suspended

Quote borudjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 08:00
you forgot to mention genghis khan, the greatest leader of all time. if you dont consuider him turkic, then why are his descendants, pretty much all the eastern turks' clan founders and ancestors(eg jani beg of the altyn orda in kazakstan) considered turks. ataturk was a great man and i admire him, yet its doubtful that he had turkic blood(probably an islamicised balkaner). this shows that most of u guys are from turkey :p
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 11:45
Ataturk is from Thessalonika (Selank). Therefore he is from the Balkans. He was raised a muslim from a Turkish family. The extent of his central asian genes may be unkown to us yet that doesn't change the fact that he was a Turk.
Turk Nomad View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun
suspended

Quote Turk Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 11:51
Ataturk wasn't a devshirme,he was ethnicly Turkic.His mosther was a deep-seated Turk,father was also Turk.His family migrated Selanik from AnatoliaWink
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 12:29
anatolia have not a  lot people who  is blond  and blue  eyed,  but  I  agree with seko, He is turk..
Shogun
Shogun
suspended

Quote Turk Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 12:39
Kipchak Turks are originally yellow haired and coloured eyed =).Turks are not a one geography creation(like chinese) race.Thumbs Up
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 14:03
What about Kanuni killing his heir, because of the bullsh*t he was fed from his o lovely Hurrem sultan and a vizier( I don't remember his name right now). If mustafa lived and would have gotten the throne, the ottomans would have risen to much greater hights..

And I would like to remind: During his rule, Yavuz Sultan Selim expanded the 2,500,000 km of Ottoman land to 6,500,000 km
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 14:45

In "World History", Suleyman the Magnificent has a place among the greatest "World Leaders", he isn't just respected in Turkey but also admired outside Turkey, even in his age he was referred to as "GRANDE TURK".

I've included "Fatih Mehmed II the Conqueror" aswell, that's two Ottoman Leaders. I can't include all the great Ottoman leaders, there are many other Turks from other State's who equally deserve a mention as this is the greatest Turk leader, that includes all geographical regions and state's.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 15:46
Ot seems that there are many turkish forumers here.I dont that Ataturk is the greatest turkic leader.I dont underestimate him,but he was important only for a modern day Turkey.When we talk about a turic leader it doesnt mean a turkish leaders but persons who belong to the whole turkic race.In that case Atilla is the greatest.

I also read in previous topics that turkish forumes consider parts of other turkic tribes histery for their own.
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2006 at 16:18

Would you like to raise the case for any Bulgar leaders? the one who defeated the Arabs in Istanbul was a strong leader.

Albert Pine

Mordoth View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Mordoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2006 at 20:35

ATATURK was the purest TURK ever , i think .

His parents were the Immigrants of Konya ,and went to Selanik from a small village of YORUK TURKs . They were speaking Turkish while they were settling , because Karamanoglu Mehmed Beg ordered the language of the state to be TURKISH .
Those immigrants found a small village there named " KOCACIK " that comes from the word "KONYACIK" ( little Konya)
I have a friend who is a Yoruk Turk, with blue eyes and blondy hair .
Phenotype could not be the discrimination or mentality to criticize the ethnicity of people .
There are also blondy Kurds hanging around .haha

Edited by Mordoth - 30-Oct-2006 at 20:37
If Electricity Comes from Electrons ; does Morality come from Morons :|
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Oct-2006 at 20:45
I have heard he had Greek ancestors...
Shogun
Shogun
suspended

Quote Turk Nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 10:58
lolLOL

This is a greek lie.Here is Ataturks's tribe and family origins,he was a pure TurkWink

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 11:20
According to my own analysis I have eliminated Atilla, Fatih and Alp Arslan from being the greatest. Of this list Fatih Sultan Mehmed made the longest lasting cultural achievements but his military record is merely good and not great.
mamikon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote mamikon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 12:08
I cant believe Suleyman the Magnificient got only one vote (now 2 Big smile) and Attila and Tamerlane got 6 and 3 respectively...just wondering but what did Attila actually do that made him so great?

and also, what exactly is a "Pure Turk"?

Edited by mamikon - 31-Oct-2006 at 12:09
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 13:31
Originally posted by mamikon

and also, what exactly is a "Pure Turk"?
i dont know actually.
shinai View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote shinai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2006 at 18:29
AtatTurk is Turk because 70 m peopel know him as aTurk, I think he was a great leader, He made lots of thing for his nation, even for us as Iranian.An enemy country like Ottoman empire changed to a friend Country Like Turkey for Iran, I think He was the greatest Turk.
Timurlan and the others like seljuks Only killed peopel in thousands, how we can call them great?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>