Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is the tomato really a fruit? Hell no!@!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
Author
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is the tomato really a fruit? Hell no!@!!!!
    Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 20:32
My decision is that the tomato is not a fruit...NOR A VEGETABLE!!!! I have no reason to believe that tomatoes actually exsist.

--Have you actually seen a tomato before besides in a salad? No you have not

And for those of you who think they saw a tomato, that was an apple you idiot!!!!!

Point is....."your dead to me" as the honorable Stephen Colbert will say, at the end of his shows
Lord Styphon View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Lord Styphon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 20:40
You mean to say that the tomatoes on the burgers I eat aren't really tomatoes, but apples? And that the tomato sauce underneath the toppings on pizza isn't a tomato product at all?

My world is crumbling here, man.
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2006 at 23:26

Is the tomato really a fruit?

That is the most asinine question I've ever heard. Everyone knows that tomatoes are actually thinking beings that will kill you if they get the chance. I saw it on a documentary once, then on a cartoon based on the documentary.

-Akolouthos

Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 00:53
WHAT?! 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 01:11
Actually, Tomatoes are the turds of Satan..... The most fowl and revolting weed to infest the planet earth.

Edited by Paul
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Gyadu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Gyadu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 10:42

Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

My decision is that the tomato is not a fruit...NOR A VEGETABLE!!!! I have no reason to believe that tomatoes actually exsist.

--Have you actually seen a tomato before besides in a salad? No you have not

And for those of you who think they saw a tomato, that was an apple you idiot!!!!!

Point is....."your dead to me" as the honorable Stephen Colbert will say, at the end of his shows

I have eaten a lot of Tomatoes in India {most of them were not in Salads}.Tomato is a fruit......atleast thats what most dudes who've studied them say.

I'll take their word over yours on this issue.

Izan zirelako gara...... Izan garelako izango dira....
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 10:54

Originally posted by Paul

Actually, Tomatoes are the turds of Satan..... The most fowl and revolting weed to infest the planet earth.

I take exception to this. Tomatoes are the most wonderous of plants ,come in many colors,taste great,low in calories, good for you, very versitile .... Tomatoes are gods!

Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 10:57
Originally posted by Dawn

Originally posted by Paul

I take exception to this. Tomatoes are the most wonderous of plants ,come in many colors,taste great,low in calories, good for you,very versitile .... Tomatoes are gods!

If tomatoes are gods then what does that make us? THEIR SUBJECTS!?@?@?!?! hELL!!! i rather die than have a tomato be my master! If a tomato is a god by the way, then it cannot be a fruit. It is just a God. That only proves me damn well thought out theory that Tomatoes dont even exsist!!!! Like Zeus!!
Gyadu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Gyadu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 10:59

I propose this discussion be shifted to the intellectual section.

Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 11:02
Oh ye of little faith. of course the tomato god exists. Their benevolance can be seen all around us in the forms of great cuisine. Tomato sauce, tomato soup, etc etc etc.  and they are not our masters but our freinds!

Edited by Dawn
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 11:04

Oh ye of little faith. of course the tomato god exists. Their benevolance can be seen all around us in the forms of great cuisine. Tomato sauce, tomato soup, etc etc etc. and they are not our masters but our freinds!

You have a sick and twisted mind. What you say is blasphemy and i shall not stand for it!!! Burn the witch!!!! BURN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 11:07
I'm no him and I'm no witch ... I'm far furthur along the great tomato chain ..... I'm a Chef!

Edited by Dawn
Gyadu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Gyadu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 11:08

Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

Oh ye of little faith. of course the tomato god exists. Their benevolance can be seen all around us in the forms of great cuisine. Tomato sauce, tomato soup, etc etc etc.?and they are not our masters but our freinds!

You have a sick and twisted mind. What you say is blasphemy and i shall not stand for it!!! Burn the witch!!!! BURN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Indian English witches are females.You contradict youself.

Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 11:09
a CHEF that likes to cook up destruction no less!!!

Anyway this so called tomato chain...along with the tomato is a myth. It is only for a good children's book or a greek mythology story ok people!!! Do not listen to chef dawn!!!
Gyadu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Gyadu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 11:11

Tomatoes Rule.

Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 11:19

nexts you will be saying that all the great tomato inventions are a myth too.  Do you have any idea how many things would not be possible without tomatoes. Have you no taste buds man?

Gyadu- are all English women witches?

Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 11:22
Originally posted by Gyadu

Tomatoes Rule.

Yes tomatoes rule

Edited by Dawn
Gyadu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Gyadu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 11:28

nexts you will be saying that all the great tomato inventions are a myth too.  Do you have any idea how many things would not be possible without tomatoes. Have you no taste buds man?

Gyadu- are all English women witches?

Dawn I havn't met a witch in real-life.My people though are very superstitious and believe in the super-natural.

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 11:34

Botanically the tomato is a fruit because it is
formed in the ovary at the base of the flower. The
confusion exists because of the difference between
science and cooking.
     And some years back someone with too much
free time hooked a galvonometer to a tomato and
decided that it felt pain and therefore said it had the
ability to think.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Gyadu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Gyadu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2006 at 11:38

Plants do have emotions.It was demonstrated by an Indian scientist in Britain long way back.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>