Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Seen any movies recently?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 35>
Author
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seen any movies recently?
    Posted: 22-Apr-2009 at 22:55
Tron the 20th anniversary edition! Last time I saw it was in 93 or 94 when it bewitched me.

What a classic! Cyber chicks, electronic hookers and a digital love story. I really don't know how people managed to pull themselves to continue seeing it after the first 5 minutes. However, one must admit, its special effects was beyond its time.

Al-Jassas
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2009 at 16:12
Xmen Origins: Wolverine..

Compared to other Xmen movies... it's a little bit disappointing.
The fight scenes.. between victor and jimmy.. were very nice but the whole story... was not interesting at all. Nonetheless, a new character, Gambit.. at least.. made the movie worth to see.. LOL
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2009 at 20:35
For a movie based on a comic that tries to tie in so many characters together I thought it did great! I thought it was an excellent movie!
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2009 at 21:11
Haven't seen Wolverine yet. I'm sure it will be fun entertainment once I do watch it.

Over the weekend I purchased the dvd set of HBO's 'John Adams'. So far have watched the first two parts. What a series! I love it. Got so geeked up that I spent part of the morning re-reading the Declaration of Independence, Constitution and Amendments. The acting is cool too. Good to watch Adams, Jefferson, Franklin and Washington all in the same room.
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote Northman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2009 at 21:46
Instead of watching movie, I used this ticket last night - awesome concert! Smile

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2009 at 22:13
aye! Whiskey in a Jar yea old Irish Rover.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2009 at 01:47
Originally posted by Seko

Haven't seen Wolverine yet. I'm sure it will be fun entertainment once I do watch it.

Over the weekend I purchased the dvd set of HBO's 'John Adams'. So far have watched the first two parts. What a series! I love it. Got so geeked up that I spent part of the morning re-reading the Declaration of Independence, Constitution and Amendments. The acting is cool too. Good to watch Adams, Jefferson, Franklin and Washington all in the same room.

Love that series! HBO pulled of a good show on the American Revolution through the life of John Adams. I got my girlfriend hooked on the series, too. 

Paul Giamatti went a long way from his role as pig-vomit in the 90s LOL
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2009 at 17:28
I watched this movie.. Either from HBO or Star Movie channel.. it calls.. The History Boys...
very good movie...
Knights..  I really recommend you to watch this...

http://www.foxsearchlight.com/thehistoryboys/

Edited by cahaya - 10-May-2009 at 17:35
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2009 at 18:40
STAR TREK!!!

Loved it! Made up for the last few crappy ones. The characters are spot-on to their Star Trek series counterparts. 
Kaysaar View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Kaysaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2009 at 20:42
Originally posted by es_bih

STAR TREK!!!

Loved it! Made up for the last few crappy ones. The characters are spot-on to their Star Trek series counterparts. 

Quoted for emphasis - great movie!
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2009 at 13:05
Open Hearts - a Danish film that actually blew me away. Worth a look.

Chinatown - watched it last night with a couple of friends, despite the slow start it was excellent, and Nicholson was typically amazing.

Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2009 at 18:34
as a long time Trekkie i have to say the new movie was overall appalling....
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2009 at 08:04
Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

For a movie based on a comic that tries to tie in so many characters together I thought it did great! I thought it was an excellent movie!

I have to disagree with u this time Ponce... The movie really disappoint me.. Confused

Last nite I'd seen Angel & Demon..  very good movie.. worth to see.. rank: 4 out of 5
Much easier to understand what is the story all about compare to the first one.. Tongue  cos i didn't have any clue.Ouch
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2009 at 11:00
Originally posted by cahaya

I watched this movie.. Either from HBO or Star Movie channel.. it calls.. The History Boys...
very good movie...
Knights..  I really recommend you to watch this...

http://www.foxsearchlight.com/thehistoryboys/

I watched the first hour once, and didn't much fancy it. Everyone says I'd love it though, so I might give it another shot sometime.

Oh by the way has anyone seen Defiance? That's at the top of my list of movies to see.

Regards,

- Knights -
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2009 at 13:01
Originally posted by Temujin

as a long time Trekkie i have to say the new movie was overall appalling....
as a non Trekkie I thought it was a great  movie.....
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2009 at 03:06
I saw Seven Pounds last night, with some friends. It was, as I expected, quite a good film!
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2009 at 05:28
Temujin, my colleague at the office is a long time trekkie, who himself not only approves of this movie, but doesn't see how one would find it appalling. I have to agree. It is a much needed rebood.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2009 at 05:29
7 pounds was great.
Rubedo View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Rubedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2009 at 16:58
The last decent movie I've seen was Wall-E. And it was really good. However, it was months ago.

I really need an update. A good one.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." - George Carlin
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2009 at 05:28
"My wife got married" a sad Korean movie Unhappy by the name looks like a comedy, but it turns to a sad and crazy love story about a Korean woman who wants to have another husband beside her current husband! Shocked a rare case, overall it make you sick do not watch it.
Anfører
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 35>