Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does "King Arthur" really EXIST??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ulrich von hutten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does "King Arthur" really EXIST??
    Posted: 03-Jul-2008 at 16:44
Whether he really still exists ?

Last week i saw a guy who was carrying a round table. If i'd just asked him.
But, and that's the reason i doubt, it was at IKEA in Reykjavik.

Slayertplsko View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Slayertplsko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2008 at 16:55
The number of Arthurs has drastically inscreased in last 1500 years...especially in Baumax and IKEA stores.
Efraz View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Efraz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2008 at 20:47
Very interesting, I did not know Iranians' such claim of Arthur's origins.

Yes I have heard and mentioned the Sarmatian theory but the claim is interesting.

I have always thought the legend of Arthur has many older Celtic ties to it although the  name itself belongs to a later era.

Anyway it's always good and amazing for a myth to be claimed by different cultures. Like Troy as I mentioned before.

If I had a say in the issue I would give permission anybody to claim the legends for themselves. Some legends does belong to anybody who believes in what they stand for.
Count Belisarius View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Magister Militum

Quote Count Belisarius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2008 at 19:29
There is a theory that Artorius was the Dux Bellorum of Brittania, and he was trained by Ambrosius Aurerlianus the last roman commander in england, and he led the romano-british armies against the saxons, who knows? mabye he had sister named morgana and mabye there was a druid named myrddin, or mabye not, there's so much myth and legend surrounding those times that we may never know what really happened.     

Edited by Count Belisarius - 25-Jul-2008 at 19:31

Defenders of Ulthuan, Cult of Asuryan (57 Kills and counting)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123