Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greece only SEE country listed as "Full Democracy"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Antioxos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Antioxos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greece only SEE country listed as "Full Democracy"
    Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 11:20

My fellow Anton there are independed sources like greek helsinki

Anton do you know if exist greek minority in Bulgaria?
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 11:25
Originally posted by Anton

Antioxos, I understood you correctly I just didn't agree with you. Graffities are not made 70 years ago and people are still affraid to speak Bulgarian in some places.

I met a Greek student in Britain last year. He was from Solun, and he mentioned that his grandmother could speak Bulgarian, but was ashmed to do so, because of the stigma associated with the language. And I do not think he was lying.
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 11:47
Originally posted by Antioxos

My fellow Anton there are independed sources like greek helsinki

Anton do you know if exist greek minority in Bulgaria?

Tongue  My dear fellow Antioxos, I remember that bg_turk posted some sort of that independent sources in thread about Bulgaria in WW1  and somebody wanted him reports from Greek government. So what is the reason to search for those independent sources if people do not believe them just because they don't want to??? I sent you the movie link by pm that is only thing/source I have now. As I said you have all rights not to believe this.
Antioxos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Antioxos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 11:50
Originally posted by bg_turk

Your turkishness  dont let you to see the truth that in Turkey governs a revised,diehard and imperialistic regime.

LOL All I see is that in Turkey governs a "softly" Islamic  democratic government that is kissing EU ass at every opportunity.

If you see democracy in Turkey  instead of hybrid regime then you must recheck  all you knowledge about Turkey
i remind you this site
http://www.setimes.com/cocoon/setimes/xhtml/en_GB/features/setimes/features/2006/11/24/feature-01

Your turkishness don t allow you to see what really happen in WT today
The Turkish consulate control everything and the Greek state don't react in the name of the good relation with Turkey.

It is not your fault really that you believe all this cheap propaganda that the Greek TV is spewing all around. The Turkish consulate controls everything in WT, ha?{

1st i m not watching TV (my wife is begging me to watch togetherLOL)
2nd i suggest don't believe anything that spread the Turkish chanels
make your own research i believe that you are person if you search something you ll find the truth (and you ll open you horizons) 

1st Roma wrote to the US ambassador not pomak

Who gives a Gypsy the right to speak in the name of all Pomaks then?[/quote]

Well i see here the Roma became Gypsy and of course they don t have no rights only the turks have rights and must represent them.
You don t accept of course that the minority in Greece consist from
Turks Pomaks and Roma You follow the bright guideline of democrats in Ancara who say that only Turkish minority exist in Greece. 

Edited by Antioxos - 26-Nov-2006 at 12:30
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 11:52

1st Roma wrote to the US ambassador not pomak

Who gives a Gypsy the right to speak in the name of all Pomaks then?
This is a racist quote, and you are racist!!!The man identify as Roma Muslim and not Pomak.And who gives you the right to talk for the Pomaks? and dont tell  me that  have Pomak origin, because any Turk that I met in the net has Pomak origin!!!!!!

Edited by akritas - 26-Nov-2006 at 11:59
Antioxos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Antioxos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 12:11

Anton i respect your opinion about the "Bulgarian minority" in Greece

I would like to remind you my question if does exist Greek minority in Bulgaria?

bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 12:22
Originally posted by akritas

This is a racist quote, and you are racist!!!The man identify as Roma Muslim and not Pomak.

I used the term Gypsy as merely an ethnic descriptor, as I would Turk, Greek, Bulgarian etc, as this is how most ethnic Gypsies call themselves. If you consider calling someone a Gypsy to be an insult then it is obvious who the real racist is.

Edited by bg_turk - 26-Nov-2006 at 12:25
Antioxos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Antioxos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 12:39
My fellow bg turk , n Greece Roma identify themselves as Roma or tzigane  . If you call them gipsy you insult them.
akritas View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Hegemom

Quote akritas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 12:45
bg_turk except antioxos answer the man identify as Roma Muslim and represent 20.000 Roma Muslims in Thrace.And finally dear respect Kemal signature  that present the minority as Muslim and not Turkish.!!!
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 12:48

My fellow bg turk , n Greece Roma identify themselves as Roma or tzigane  . If you call them gipsy you insult them.

Gypsy is the English word for "tsiganin".
Antioxos View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Antioxos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 13:01
As I know from my bulgarian friends they live thousand of roma in bulgaria and they also dont like to call them gipsy.i dont about the roma in Turkey if they do like to call them  gipsy. 
Brainstorm View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Brainstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 14:35

]
I met a Greek student in Britain last year. He was from Solun, and he mentioned that his grandmother could speak Bulgarian, but was ashmed to do so, because of the stigma associated with the language. And I do not think he was lying.

That's the difference.
In neighboring countries u can be arrested if u speak another language.

In Greece the grandma just didnt want to be considered as a non-greek,and so she chooses not to speak it.

That is what the article was saying in brief.
It s called higher lever of political rights.

Goodnight ,and dream a better future for your countries.
Krum View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Krum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 14:53

I would like to remind you my question if does exist Greek minority in Bulgaria?

I dont know how to call it.Is it a minority or something else,but in Greece there are many bulgarian emmigrants.Bulgarian sources say that there are about 200 000 bulgarians in greece.If you want call it a minority.These went to Greece for job and a better life.On the other hand greeks are not interested in coming in Bulgaria.
In fact i have a greek neighbour and he is the only one i know.
It is only the dead who have seen the end of war.
Plato
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 15:37

Oh, sorry, I didn't see it. There are some Greeks in sea cities, I heard about Greek villages in Strandzha and Rodopi, and Karakatzani of course. So, the unswer is yes, it exist. I don't know the number, but it definitely exist.
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 15:47
Originally posted by Brainstorm

That's the difference.
In neighboring countries u can be arrested if u speak another language.

In Greece the grandma just didnt want to be considered as a non-greek,and so she chooses not to speak it.

That is what the article was saying in brief.
It s called higher lever of political rights.

Goodnight ,and dream a better future for your countries.

I understand that it is a shame to speak barbarian slavonic language in democtratical and educated Greece but the problem is that there is no difference here. Initially people who spoke barbarian slavonic language were killed and nowadays the are still affraid to do so. This is not "just absence of wish to be considered as non-greek". I am amazed how simply some people explain difficulties by false superiority of their culture over that of their neighbours. Confused
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 16:01

This is a racist quote, and you are racist!!!

Hm, strange post for a person who call Slavs "slav(e)s" and like to post in a nationalistic site forum. IMHO Big smile
bg_turk View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote bg_turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2006 at 16:32

Oh, sorry, I didn't see it. There are some Greeks in sea cities, I heard about Greek villages in Strandzha and Rodopi, and Karakatzani of course. So, the unswer is yes, it exist. I don't know the number, but it definitely exist.

The Karakatzhani are Greek?! I never knew that.

When I was in Ahtopol on the Black Sea, we met an old Bulgarian lady who told us stories about the history of the town, and how there used to live Greeks there, but they supposedly "left" at some point. Other than that I haven't met any Greeks in Bulgaria.
perikles View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote perikles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2006 at 06:20

<FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=2>This is a racist quote, and you are racist!!!

Hm, strange post for a person who call Slavs "slav(e)s" and like to post in a nationalistic site forum.IMHO[IMG]height=17 alt="Big smile" src="http://www.allempires.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif" width=17 align=absMiddle>

first of all there is a difference between racism and nationalism
Nationalism is love of your country,people. Some times because of the stupid people who they become violent towards others nationalism is became soemthing bad
Racism is feel superior towards other races.
secondly in Greece the only people they speak slavic is the immigrants from the slavic balkan countries. And yes for your own dissapointment they can speak freely their languiage without no problem. But for once more i say that they are immigrants. They came from a less developed country like Bulgaria, Bosnia, Albania and they can speak their language. The people fo the above countries born in Greece they prefer speaking Greek in order to communicate with the majority of the people. I stheir choice.

And as far as i know THERE IS NO TURKIC MINORITY IN GREECE. Unless the priviledge of muslin is only for Turks. In Greece we have Greeks Orthodox and Greeks Muslins. Is that clear? No if you have any problem with that it is not our businees. Go to see a doctor. This minority is recognised from UN. It is so simple.
Samos national guard.

260 days left.
Anton View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Anton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2006 at 07:06
Originally posted by perikles

secondly in Greece the only people they speak slavic is the immigrants from the slavic balkan countries.

If it is official position of your country it is the best sign that democracy in your country is not at the top level.

And yes for your own dissapointment they can speak freely their languiage without no problem.

Hm. Why should I be disappointed? I would be happy if they could speak their own language and do not read graffities about voulgaroi and tanatos around their homes.

But for once more i say that they are immigrants.

No, some of them are not. Some of them lived all the time in villages like Zagorichane and not all of them were driven to Bulgaria at early 20th century.

They came from a less developed country like Bulgaria, Bosnia, Albania and they can speak their language. The people fo the above countries born in Greece they prefer speaking Greek in order to communicate with the majority of the people. I stheir choice.

And as far as i know THERE IS NO TURKIC MINORITY IN GREECE. Unless the priviledge of muslin is only for Turks. In Greece we have Greeks Orthodox and Greeks Muslins. Is that clear? No if you have any problem with that it is not our businees. Go to see a doctor. This minority is recognised from UN. It is so simple.

Hm... Nice argument -- go to see a doctor LOLLOLLOL

Arbr Z View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Arbr Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2006 at 07:09

Way To Go Greece!!!

As far as everybody there is happy...thats perfect isnt it?

Prej heshtjes...!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>