Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Zahi Hawass fed up with Racial Politics and lies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Carcharodon View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Carcharodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zahi Hawass fed up with Racial Politics and lies
    Posted: 06-Jun-2009 at 17:09
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Nubian's aren't black. Unless you can show me evidence of a migration from West Africa at some point, they don't share any physical characteristics with West Africans so I don't see on what basis you are calling them black.
Are you suggesting that just because there skin colour is darker than a European they are black? Or that just because they are from the African continent they are black? If you are that is incredibly uneducated. If a group of Tamils came and settled on Africa somewhere do they become black?

Modern Nubians are called Arabs. Are Arabs black? If Nubians are black, and as we know Nubians are Arabs are Lebanese black? And if Lebanese are black then, based on skin colour, we can conclude that the English are black too. I mean, lets just invent some random labels and apply them to everyone while we're at it.

'Blacks' as used in modern language refer to west africans or people descendent from west africans, like Americans or West Indians. Nubians are not, and never have been related to west africans. It doesn't matter a rat's ass what their skin colour is.

Nubians are for sure not Arabs. Many of them today may talk arab language but many of them has also preserved their old Nubian tounge. And historically they don´t descend from the Arabic peninsula.

Black seems to be used in different ways in different places so one cannot say that it have to mean just West African peoples.

Here is a picture of a Nubian woman, if you want to call her black, brown or white, it´s up to you:

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2009 at 15:02
Originally posted by Herr Weh

The Egyptians are apparently very sensitive about not being considered Black. Remember their outrage a few years ago when Lou Gosset Jr was chosen to play Anwar Sadat? But both men have basicly the same skin color.

They weren't from the same race. That was pretty obvious, no matter they both could have similar color skins.
That actor was so much Egyptian as David Carradine was Chinese LOL

Edited by pinguin - 06-Jun-2009 at 15:02
Herr Weh View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Herr Weh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2009 at 11:55
The Egyptians are apparently very sensitive about not being considered Black. Remember their outrage a few years ago when Lou Gosset Jr was chosen to play Anwar Sadat? But both men have basicly the same skin color.
Cushite View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Cushite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2009 at 20:10
It's amazing that in the year 2009 Europeans and European Americans still lie about ancient African history. That pretty sad stuff. Fake illustrations ever in this day and age is really immature.
dieheart View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote dieheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2009 at 21:49
I'd like to see Hawass address those issues's I presented better than what he has been doing. Since aparently he is the Over Lord of all that is in Egypt.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2009 at 15:49
Originally posted by dieheart

I am African America, Black, Negroid whatever, and I don’t need Egypt to feel proud of myself or any nonsense like that. In fact, the fact that Blacks have survived and developed cultures again, and again even in times of slavery, created some of the most influential music in the Americas , Jamaica, Brazil,  that has effected people world wide,  contributions to science, history, society, etc. I don’t need Egypt to feel proud. There are also other “African, negroid” cultures for me to be proud of.

This is the right attitude. I keep telling Black supremacist revisionists that appropriating the achievements of other peoples is first and foremost an insult to their own ancestors, as it's implying their achievements aren't sufficient to be proud of.

In the future I'd like to see more threads about actual Sub-Saharan civilizations such as the Dogon, Nok and Ife and their achievements, instead of threads like "Egyptians were Black".
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2009 at 14:40

First, do you know people here is not necesarily "white", or European anglosaxons?

Second, the reason why we have had some discussion about the race of Egypt is not because people here is particularly interested in the topic. What has happened is that quite often guys who has just inscribed on the group starts threads like "the egyptians were black" or something like that. Most of them have some beliefs that are easily recognized as popular afrocentrism, and almost all of them are Black Americans. In that case they receive what they deserve: knowledge.

With respect to African cultures, there is a thread here where you can expose your knowledge. Unfortunately, most of the time nobody post there. If interested, it is there for you to illustrate the rest of us about the cultures of subsaharan Africa.

Edited by pinguin - 04-Apr-2009 at 14:42
dieheart View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote dieheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2009 at 14:07

I’d like to know why he (Hawass), doesn’t address the other issue’s concerning race of the Egyptians. He does come off as racist at times. And why did he close the results to the DNA testing of certain mummys?

I am African America, Black, Negroid whatever, and I don’t need Egypt to feel proud of myself or any nonsense like that. In fact, the fact that Blacks have survived and developed cultures again, and again even in times of slavery, created some of the most influential music in the Americas , Jamaica, Brazil,  that has effected people world wide,  contributions to science, history, society, etc. I don’t need Egypt to feel proud. There are also other “African, negroid” cultures for me to be proud of.

Anyway, why do people associate skin color only when it comes to the Egyptians? As if one can’t be lighter colored, and Negroid, or you have to have big lips, and a wide nose to be Negroid? And didn’t they marry Nubians wives?

Also the current people living there are not the ancient Egyptians, and the ancient culture that lived there first. Egypt didn’t just up and come about out of no where, not to mention that they themselves claim they came from upper Egypt.

Another thing is that when the Nubians came saved, and ruled Egypt, there was no major opposition to them coming south. They were seen as apart of Egypt. The Nubians where major competitors with Egypt , their army was feared, and equally respected by the Egyptians.

Also has anyone here heard of these tribes? People have started looking more into these African tribes because of their sculptures, and religions. The Dogon Tribe, Nok , and Ife. It clearly shows these are not primitive people. Also the written language of the Dogan they say are remarkably similar to the Egyptians. It’s also been said the language of the Egyptians is of Sub Sarahan Origin, which wouldn’t be a shocker since they did say they came from the North anyway.

Also the term “sub Saharan” seems to warrant less intelligent or civilized people. Just because a culture isn’t hell bent on conquest, war, and expansion, doesn’t mean they are any less civilized, and structured than anyone else. The Dogon trib is a good example of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W_vKxe37NU

This vid shows many of the “black , negroid” civilizations that get overlooked by people for obvious racist reasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpZMApcqVTk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9jlPNVnKWA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i2dB2mIXhk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKlX0Aw9eNY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVT--v-fAKw&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UynuvTRRpfY

The list goes on. But “African Americans” don’t need Egypt to feel proud. I’m tired of white people or any people saying that about us.

Edited by dieheart - 04-Apr-2009 at 14:20
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2009 at 13:46
Hawass has been rewriting history as he sees fit in all aspects of egyptology. Not just with blacks but with everything. Since he took over there has been little to show in the realm of archaeology in Egypt. Only himself and his men are allowed to excavate anything of interest and even those locations which we know are there he denies exist. If any speak up they are derided,belittled and ostracised. Hawass is the destroyer of Egypt not the saviour, his tactics remind me of the Taliban. Only his view is the right view all else is lies this is not right. Before you defend a liar you should look into his history. I would recommed starting at Dr Bakr and working up till the present time.
Reginmund View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Reginmund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2009 at 08:55
This reconstruction makes Tutankhamun look like an emo. Big smile
jfsndvs View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote jfsndvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2009 at 07:06
Originally posted by Melissa

I'll admit "The man made lake" thing i read from an egyptian-american author who's very bitter about that country, because she witnessed babies being drowned in the nile river for being "to dark" so it may be a conspiracy theory.

It wasn't a conspiracy theory (at least the man-made lake part).  I don't know about people drowning, but Lake Nasser was created in southern Egypt as a result of the construction of the Aswan High Dam.  The lake extends into northern Sudan, where it is called Lake Nubia.  Tens, maybe hundreds, of thousands of Nubians in Egypt were displaced and forced to relocate.  It was highly controversial, but I never heard of anyone being drowned. 

This lake covers a vast expanse of land that was once part of Ancient Egypt and Nubia.  Most, if not all, of the temples and monuments were moved to higher ground.  The problem, though, is that the waters submerged ancient towns and artifacts from some of the oldest civilizations in the world.
Melissa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Melissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2009 at 19:50
I didn't mean for this to become a long-winded fight about race.
I just wanted to point out Akhenaten and Tut have black lineage
or be what you'd call black men today.

Edited by Melissa - 26-Jan-2009 at 20:13
Egyptian Hieroglythics in Karnak: "The Blacker she is, the more woman she is. Too much woman blocks the sun."
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2009 at 04:57
Originally posted by Melissa

By the way Akolouthos i am not a black american who "talks talks talks" about africa and has only white kids because of self esteem issues. only my grandma is black.

I wasn't saying you were, dear, and I do apologize if it came across that way. While I was voicing serious criticism in another thread, here I was simply taking an open opportunity to be droll. If you took offense, I am sorry; it was simply too good an opportunity for satire to pass up. That said, perhaps I should have displayed a bit more maturity and self-restraint, especially if I wasn't prepared to engage in a running dialogue about the topic. I didn't mean to imply any judgement upon your motives, upbringing, etc. Indeed, I was simply trying to get a laugh. You have my apologies, once again, dear. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa.

-Akolouthos
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2009 at 04:46
Well see if I don't think that Africa = Black then I wouldn't think any other ridiculous label would mean any other ridiculous thing :)
Melissa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Melissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2009 at 04:21
"Your problem is you think Europe = white"

I am well aware Egypt was a melting pot.

By the way Akolouthos i am not a black american who "talks talks talks" about africa and has only white kids because of self esteem issues. only my grandma is black.

Edited by Melissa - 26-Jan-2009 at 04:30
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2009 at 04:10
Tongue
Akolouthos View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Akolouthos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2009 at 04:01
Originally posted by es_bih

No one is actually doubting that Egypt was a center where different ethnic populations met within the same single state framework, what most people are doubting is the afrocentric notion that they were automatically black and aware of their "blackness" as it suits the political and ideological notions of today.

But... but..., my self-esteem!

-Akolouthos
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2009 at 03:57
The problem is you think Africa = Black. The Berber tribes have lived there for a long time, same with the Egyptians. Why do they have to be "black" automatically, or did the Berbers make some grand  "black" kingdom magically disappear into thin air. No one is actually doubting that Egypt was a center where different ethnic populations met within the same single state framework, what most people are doubting is the afrocentric notion that they were automatically black and aware of their "blackness" as it suits the political and ideological notions of today.

Melissa View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Melissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2009 at 02:23
I haven't a clue what your trying to say...

they don't share any physical characteristics with West Africans

I disagree, Edgewater gets the fainest shade of brown and goes "O Hi blackman"
not because of skin color but because of the physical characteristics are simliar.

Tamils don't remsemble africans in the slightest

If a group of Tamils came and settled on Africa somewhere do they become black?

Are you saying egyptians of old originated outside of africa?

that they have nothing in common genetically with black africans
(despite the large infusion of blood from sudan, where they got their TOP queens from)

But a white arab living in north africa is perfectly normal? you dont think there was a population there before.....like if Paris was a black nation surrround by a sea of white ones i'd assmue there was a population there before.

If Nilotics and like a scot has nothing to do with a swede maybe? then i concur.

Modern Nubians are called Arabs.

Correction..."Modern Nubians" (you mean the people living in egypt)
call themselves arabs,  because they are heavily mixed with arabs and turkish, even though their still dark, they look nothing like their blue-black ancestors.
The Nuba people still alive in sudan  ..uh you know where the pyramids are?

They two are being "eradicated" by people who call themselves "arabs"

'White' has been used in modern language refer to the Romans or people descendent from romans, like italians. Germans are not, and never have been related to the Romans. It doesn't matter a rat's ass what their skin colour is.

Therefor don't ever call a german 'white"

Logic

If your gonna talk an inherit amount of bullshit, then i have the right to do the same
atleast what im saying resembles the truth.

How come this image, which was done in white IVORY hundred years after her death
DESPITE the fact that it looks NOTHING like she's protrayed on ALL other tomb wall images is paraded around...

But this image of  King Tut's grandmother is disallowed?...even on wikpedia

(oh wait, I think i know the answer)

edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2009 at 09:17

Well, maybe. I don't put alot of stock in craniology etc, and I don't really care or pay much attention to the finer points of race science and classification, because it's all malarkey if you ask me. So I suppose I'm not a very good judge, as to who is supposed to belong to which group.

In any case, Hawass has come under fire for a long time now, because he took a no-nonsense approach to ufologists, racial identity politics, etc and made alot of (dismissable) critics among those groups doing so. Although taking that stand made the ufologists and other disreputable fringe groups upset and hysterical, it also earned him alot of respect from academics.

Edited by edgewaters - 25-Jan-2009 at 09:18
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>