Print Page | Close Window

(Scary Imams and gullable) Muslims versus Denmark (and fascists)

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: Scholarly Pursuits
Forum Name: Current Affairs
Forum Discription: Debates on topical, current World politics
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8721
Printed Date: 23-Apr-2024 at 15:23
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: (Scary Imams and gullable) Muslims versus Denmark (and fascists)
Posted By: Mila
Subject: (Scary Imams and gullable) Muslims versus Denmark (and fascists)
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 11:53
A series of cartoons printed in newspapers in
Denmark and Norway have sparked outrage across
the Muslim world.

The cartoons depicted the prophet Muhammed as a
terrorist which led to government calls for a boycott of
Scandinavian goods in countries like Bosnia and
Herzegovina, Albania, and Turkey - as well as in
countries throughout Central Asia, Africa, and the
Middle East. It also led to threats against the lives
and property of Danes and Norwiegans from Islamic
militant groups throughout the Middle East.

Stores in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Lebanon
have pulled Scandinavian products from the shelves.
Ambassadors to Denmark have been called home
by at least 6 countries, and at least 4 have closed the
Danish embassies on their soil.

Thousands of protesters have picketed Danish
embassies and consulates around the world and
the crisis shows no sign of subsiding anytime soon.

President Sulejman Tihic of Bosnia and Herzegovina
said he would not be so upset if not for Denmark's
previous insults to Muslims - including speeches in
which members of the government referred to Islam
as a cancer, one politician even said the Nazis went
after the wrong people. None of these politicians
were sanctioned, according to Tihic.

-------------
[IMG]http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/9259/1xw2.jpg">

Replies:
Posted By: Genghis
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 11:57
Wow, that's very disheartening, thank you for informing us.

-------------
Member of IAEA

Posted By: Kalevipoeg
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 12:39
Yes, bad moves by the Scandinavian governments, but they might be pissed about local muslims being too radical in their speeches and behaviours, so to them, Islam is a cancer. It is bringing radical ideas to Europes most peaceful area, something they are not used to.

The Scandinavian governments should use some cunning reforming and so forth, not statements that will only piss the local and foreign muslims off.

Jokes about Muhamed, i think Allah would rather just grin on those and a muslims belief system should simply be above such jokes. Christians and Muslims crying about jokes about Jesus and Muhamed is just primitive. Dismissing the jokes would really show them as stronger and more independent believers, not just some serfs of mass-opinion that has no basis.

-------------
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...

Posted By: Mira
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 13:37
They must have known these jokes are intolerable.  The publishing of these cartoons was deliberate, and was aimed at provoking Muslims.  I guess they didn't think the matter would be internationalized like this. 

These offensive cartoons weren't a joke.  They could have joked about OBL, if all they wanted to joke about was a bearded-man preaching religion in a distorted way, according to them.  That's not freedom of speech.  Can they deny the holocaust and call that freedom of speech?  If they can't mess with the Jews, they shouldn't think they can mess with Muslims, either.

I'm glad my country's boycotting Danish products.

Posted By: Theodore Felix
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 14:31
Wasnt this really old? Either Im hitting some deep dejavu or this is old news.

I havnt heard anything on things being pulled down in Albania, whatever Scandivanian products we have anyway. But I dont think the country should pull down anything. People have a right to express their feelings and being that its in Europe, I dont see how it should really effect muslims in other countries.

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 14:34
I agree with Sulejman Tihic. I support free speech, and certainly a free press - I think they're both very important. I would still, however, bring charges against these papers using whatever anti-terrorism laws exist. Contributing to terrorism should include provocations from the other side as well.

That said, personally, I won't lose any sleep over it. But I do like the idea the Bosnian government is taking it seriously. A guilty pleasure, I suppose, given Denmark's past comments.

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 14:37
Originally posted by Mira

Me as well. Though, the atmosphere here is different.

You know how anti-American protests in Cuba are always filled with smiles, laughing, music, that sort of thing? Any protests against the West are similar here. People come together, smile for the press, then leave.

Today a bunch of students burned cookies made in Norway outside with Danish Embassy. LOL

EDIT: There is one thing I really respect about the method of protesting here. During one protest against the war in Iraq, students burned the American flag - and there was a massive public backlash here. Nothing to do with the Americans, from Bosnians there was a backlash.

So now when there's a dispute like this, they always hold a sort of ceremony. The government takes down that particular country's flag, in full uniforms, with a ceremony. Folds it nicely, and puts it in safe storage until the dispute is over. I like that a lot better.

-------------

Posted By: Styrbiorn
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 14:39
Originally posted by Kalevipoeg

Yes, bad moves by the Scandinavian governments

You mean they should have abolished the Freedom of the Press to please some people living on the other side of the planet?

They must have known these jokes are intolerable.

Maybe. But for example, do you know what is ok and not   to joke about here?

Can they deny the holocaust and call that freedom of speech?

Of course you can.

This whole issue has become ridiculous. First off, going against whole nations (and those not even involved - apparently Sweden somehow ended up in it too, its citzen threatened to leave Palestine for example) because of a single newspaper is a farce that shows the political maturity in some areas. It is exactly the same as if the USA would gain the right to nuke every Muslim country from Morocco to Indonesia because a few Muslims was behind the September 11 atrocity.

Secondly, the original caricatures were published in a single newspaper several months ago, and they weren't especially dramatic either. According to the newspaper, it was to 'test the boundaries of expression of Islam' - domestically. Personally, I think it was unnecessary, considering the already strained relations with Muslims within the country as well as internationally. One thing you should now though, is that the editors didn't have any idea whatsoever how important these things are to Muslims - here, you can make jokes about anything, eg a Danish Christian would just laugh at similar caricatures about Jesus (and believe me, MUCH worse things are made about Christians). I do not think Jyllandsposten actually intended to insult anyone - which they have already stated.

Lastly, the mess didn't start until recently, when some nutjob Danish imams decided to fuel the West-Muslim antagonism by going around the Middle East telling everyone how the Danes insulted all Muslims. It was one problem though, the original pictures weren't nearly provocative enough, so they made and added many themselves(among others showing Muhammed as a terrorist, pedophile etc*), claiming they too were made and published by the newspaper.

*) shouldn't that make the imams guilty of this as well? I mean, the Muslim crime of making pics of Muhammed.

BTW, here are the pics, I'll link them, since I suppose some of you doen't want to see them:
http://forum.newspaperindex.com/Mohammed-drawings-newspaper1.jpg - ALL pics from the Danish and Norwegian newspapers

http://www.ekstrabladet.dk/VisArtikel.iasp?PageID=329877 - The pics the imams added to fuel anti-Danish sentiments

So now when there's a dispute like this, they always hold a sort of ceremony. The government takes down that particular country's flag, in full uniforms, with a ceremony. Folds it nicely, and puts it in safe storage until the dispute is over. I like that a lot better.

One step in the right direction For comparison, despite that the Scandinavian citizens in Palestine (almost all being aid workers and UN observers) have been threatened to death unless they leave, the Scandinavian nations will continue to pay huge economic aids to Palestine, whose economy to quite a large part is dependent on such aid. Right now, due to the responses from some people here, part of me think we should scrap it all and let them make do themselves, but hopefully this mess can be settled. Some unknowing newspaper and a few imams who want to spread resentment and hatred shouldn't be allowed to cause so much harm.

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 14:42
Thanks so much for your post, Styrbiorn!

A few of the pictures are less than acceptable but these are not the worst of the ones shown on the news here. You're certain these are all that were actually published?

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 14:50
I haven't actually read the papers in question, but as far as I know, those are all. Maybe you'll find some of those you have seen in the second link?

edit: I can't spell tonight.

Posted By: gcle2003
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 14:59

Nobody's religion should be safe from ridicule or satire or any other form of verbal disrespect.

The sad current attempts of the UK government to make attacking or ridiculing or mocking religious beliefs illegal are failing - at least with any luck they are - partly because religious leaders are running a mile from them once they realise the implications.

Because most religious clerics earn their living by doing just that. And the politicians who foment religious strife in their search for power do just that.

If Muslims feel that respect should be paid to religion and Islam should not be vilified, then their first task should be to ensure that all other religions are fully respected and not mocked or criticised in Muslim countries.

After all Muslims and Christians alike accept the man who told us to ignore the mote in the other guy's eye and first treat the beam in our own  as inspired by God.

I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever with the complaints about the Danish cartoons. The producers of the musical the 'Jerry Springer Show' have had death threats from 'outraged' Christians. I have no sympathy for them either. A long time ago now a contemporary of mine at Cambridge was expelled for publishing a poem talking about God (the Christian one) washing his dirty socks: I had no sympathy for the people who did that to him.

The people who are allegedly 'outraged' by the Danish cartoons are the same kind of people. If the outrage is genuine then they are childish, small-minded and petty. If it isn't, which is frequently the case, they are just using it to try and get a political edge.

But I'll stop right now.

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 15:01
Yes, I found a couple of the cartoons I'd seen among
those the Imam's faked - most notably the one with
the dog.

Well that's just perverted - self-descecration.

I hope Scandinavia will push and continue to push
until the whole story is known internationally.

I hope the paper will be forced to publish a full
explanation, not necessarily an apology, but an
explanation - to be printed in papers across the
Muslim world. Perhaps the paper should also be
fined and the cartoonist and editor should be made
away of the harm they've caused - possibly with
contributing to terrorism charges, even just
mentioning such in the media without actually going
through with it.

And the Imams, they should be forced to do the
same things in regard to the pictures they
themselves made - especially the written
explanation for Muslim newspapers.

Then they should be charged with whatever way you
get them for lying in this regard, and any available
contributing to terrorism charges should be laid.

I still support the boycott of Danish goods because
I'm weary of the intentions behind these cartoons,
especially given the level of public acceptance for
anti-Muslim hate speech in the country. But that's it.

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 15:17
Fines or other sentences are impossible - the Freedom of the Press is one of the cornerstones of democracy and the Danish constitution. I don't understand what you mean with terrorism charges either, it's not that they encourage people to bomb Muslims. I have unfortunately no idea what kind of hate speech laws the Danes have, I only know the ones we have here (and I think those should be abolished).

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 15:25
Is it so hard to say sorry? 

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 15:29

Is it so hard to say sorry?

Apparently. Personally I think the newspapers in question should apologize, the Freedom of the Press weren't intended to give people free access to insult other people - at least not on this level. However the governments should never, ever, apologize for their ideology and the free speech laws.

It will probably come to that though, a majority of the Danish population thinks the publishing of the pics were based on very bad judgement, and several companies are now demanding that the paper should apologize. They have already stated that they did not intend to insult everyone. The step from there to an apology is not far, so it may very well come.

edit: hupp, Jyllandsposten have apparently apologized tonight. Will probably reach the foreign media soon.

Posted By: azimuth
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 15:30

i dont think any "imams" were involved in this, the first time these pictures were published the Arab league issued a statment to Danish governement to explain it. they were waiting answers from the Danish Governemnt and nothing was recieved.

then this month a magazine based in Norway re-published those which made Saudi Arabia withdrawing its Ambassador in Denmark to show protest and disappointment of the Government actions toward the issue.

now the people, at the first time these were published people didnt know that because the Governments through the Arab Leagu was keeping it quite and tried to solve the problem with Denmark's government.

so majority of the people didnt know anything about that.

now after the second time the other magazine published them and Saudi Arabia showing its disappointment by withdrawing its ambassador more people knew about the issue and people decided to boycott Danish product to show their protest against Denmark's news paper.

----

i think the matter went from bad to worse when the Danish government explained that as "freedom of Speach" and defended that,

even thought i think it went from "freedom of speach" to Hatred and Racisim propaganda.

the difference is the first is legal and the second isnt.

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 15:36
Believe what you want, Azimuth, but the really insulting pics were spread by extremist Danish imams, not the newspapers. Feel free to acquire the papers in question.

That said, the Danish government's response weren't very smart to say the least, especially not even receiving those ambassadors.

Posted By: azimuth
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 15:42

well i'll tell you something NO pictures were shown anywhere in the news nor the Tvs here. its not allowed to be shown nor published. not even by AlJazira tv.

people will protest against anybody publish them here in the middle east.

so people like my father didnt see those pictures not even one, what people here heared is that Denmark and Norway dared and insulted the Prophet and their government approved that. << this mostly what majority of the people knew.

iam here and i know what is happening.

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 15:49
The governments didn't approve - they had no part of it at all. You have to understand that they have NO RIGHTS WHATSOEVER to govern what is published in the media. The Danish prime minister did say he himself would personally never make pics over either Jesus or Mohammed that would insult anyone. He has really no power to do more than that.

Posted By: Maziar
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 16:11

Another question, maybe OT but anyway,

I read from everyone says "have respect to religions" why should i respect all another people's ideologies?  I don't insult or offend them, but i don't want to respect them.

I dislike communism, i respect communists as humans and i don't want to respect the communism as an ideology, should i? the same thing with Religions or capitalism or whatever. I don't want to respect them and i think it is my sovereign right, could you respect fascism or nazism?

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 16:21
It's not really OT. The current event threads always
have to find somewhere to go, really.

I think it's interesting, what you've said. I believe it's
important to respect other religions but by respect I
think I'm referring to the same feelings you are? I
don't believe in them, I don't necessarily admire
them, I just accept other people's right to have their
beliefs not subjected to ridicule or insult - the same
as I demand for my own.

On a more personal note, for me it all revolves
around intentions. You could call me the most
beautiful woman in the world with a snarl in your
voice and I'll attack you for it, or you could softly
whisper the most evil things as a joke and I'll laugh.

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 16:34
I want to clarify that a little more...

When I say that by respecting a religion I don't mean
admiring or believing in it, I'm really quite serious.

If scientists wanted to plan a conference to disprove
Christianity, or Judaism, or Islam - fine, go ahead.
That's not disrespectful, that's simply disagreeing.

But if they want to instead hold a stage show with
burning crosses and blow-up dolls bent over in
Islamic prayer, that is disrespectful.

Do I make sense? Well, I know I make sense in my
head, do I make sense outside of my own head?
LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 16:36
Yes you make sense, and I agree with you.

Posted By: Jorsalfar
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 16:48

I do not see why ALL Danes and Norwegians are blamed for the actions of one single newspaper .

I didnt even know of the Norwegian newspaper before yesterday.

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 17:18
Originally posted by Jorsalfar

I do not see why ALL Danes and Norwegians are blamed for the actions of one single newspaper .

I didnt even know of the Norwegian newspaper before yesterday.

Their grievance is bigger than just this.  It happens to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Originally posted by Mila

President Sulejman Tihic of Bosnia and Herzegovina
said he would not be so upset if not for Denmark's
previous insults to Muslims - including speeches in
which members of the government referred to Islam
as a cancer, one politician even said the Nazis went
after the wrong people. None of these politicians
were sanctioned, according to Tihic.

-------------
Member of IAEA

Posted By: Jorsalfar
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 17:29

Members of the Danish government said that? 

Then i can definatley see why they want to boicott and why they are so angry.

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 17:49
Be careful, though, Ghengis. The "according to Tihic" in that phrase is very important.

I vaguely remember reading an article in the Western press about the comments, it was recently because I thought about making a thread here and decided not to (meaning it wasn't YEARS ago before I joined).

But I don't remember anything about the Nazi comment, just the cancer one.

So take it with a grain of salt. I can only vouch for half of it.

EDIT: I can't say whether or not they were sanctioned either.

-------------

Posted By: merced12
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 18:54

A Danish flag in Gaza

-------------
http://www.turks.org.uk/ - http://www.turks.org.uk/
16th century world;
Ottomans all Roman orients
Safavids in Persia
Babur in india
`azerbaycan bayragini karabagdan asacagim``

Posted By: Illuminati
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 19:06
 Freedom of speech is freedom of speech. Christianity is made fun of all the time in America. it's the but of jokes, newpaper editorials, everything. But as soon as someone does something against Islam all hell breaks loose.

The real disgrace here is that people are calling for the danish govt. to shutdown the paper or punish it. The Press should be able to print whatvever they want, regardless fo who it offends. Islam is no different from anything else. if someone wants to criticize it, then they can. Distasteful? maybe, but it is their right, and freedoms are more important than some religion

as far as I'm concerned, Islam fell right into the trap set by the Danish right. They stated that part of their reasoning behind this was to see how well islam works with freedom. They wanted exactly this kind of response, and they got it

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 19:06
edit; rewriting, responded to older post

Posted By: Maju
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 19:17
I find incredible that all these fanatics start to make noise just because someone says something like "f*ck Muhammad" or wahatever. People says the same about Christ and the Virgin Mary all the time. I think that some are asking for trouble.

Or you learn to be tolerant with blasphem or you bury your head in Mecca and don't get out of ther in your lifetime.

Where are the cartoons? Btw.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Posted By: Cywr
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 19:19
Originally posted by Maju

Where are the cartoons? Btw.

http://forum.newspaperindex.com/Mohammed-drawings-newspaper1.jpg - http://forum.newspaperindex.com/Mohammed-drawings-newspaper1 .jpg

-------------
Arrrgh!!"

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 19:20
Originally posted by merced12

A Danish flag in Gaza

I find it a shame: probably Palestinians hve more support in Europe than in Arabia, specially in progressive countries such as Denmark.

It's like stepping on the flag of Palestine itself.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 19:23
The whole think is loaded with irony, its almost amusing.

-------------
Arrrgh!!"

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 19:33

So what if it is disrepectful: democracy and freedom is made up of lack of respect. Bear with it.

As long as they don't disrupt the actual pray, which would be a direct provocation on people, you can say whatever.

And if you think that your rights are being violated: go to the judge.

Some quick Christian blasphemies from the net:

Etc...

Get used: welcome to the West. Where nothing is holy except freedom of speach.

If you don't like it, don't buy the media that publishes it. If you dont like the tolerance, migrate to Saudi Arabia - I think they are always needed of more workforce.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 19:37
And there are even blasphemies directed at religion in general:

-------------

Posted By: Zagros
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 19:39

It is beyond disrespectful.  It is being used as propaganda against a people rather than merely disrespect for freedom of speach's sake.

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 19:45
The west allows the KKK and nazi groups to march and make public statements. The KKK bastardizes Chritianity, but there isn't any international uproar over it like there has been over the danish cartoons. Religion is not void of ridicule.

People need to accept that this is jsut how the Western world is. If they don't like it, then they can move.

Freedom is universal. To avert our freedoms to appease religion is blasphemy on scale far far larger than this!

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 19:48
They showed a video of women in Zenica throwing handfulls of boxes of Danish-made food from a supermarket into the street. People were kicking them around and others were stuffing them into garbage bags.

Then it showed a fire somewhere else, some park, and they were throwing them in - BUT - one woman was eating them as she threw them in.

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 19:50
Well, if you're hungry,then you're hungry...LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 19:52
Hahaha.

They had a few funny interviews too.

One woman said, "Give it time. These types of things are always our own fault somehow."

And an Imam said, "The line between free speech and hate speech is a blurry one that every society has a hard time making clear, but of one thing I am certain: It is not up to Bosniaks to determine where this line should be in Danish society."

-------------

Posted By: eaglecap
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 19:58
Originally posted by Illuminati

The west allows the KKK and nazi groups to march and make public statements. The KKK bastardizes Chritianity, but there isn't any international uproar over it like there has been over the danish cartoons. Religion is not void of ridicule.People need to accept that this is jsut how the Western world is. If they don't like it, then they can move. Freedom is universal, it's blasphemy on a scale far far larger than this to avert our freedoms to appease religion.

I agree with you and it is a vital part of Democracy to criticize any political belief, opinion, philosophy or religion. I do not think it is right what the paper is doing, but it is a cherished freedom that many of those in Muslim nations will never understand. I remember when they put a crucifix in a glass of urine and called it art. It made some Christians angry but not on the scale you see happening with Muslims around the world. They do the same to Christians and other faiths and I doubt if they will stop because if they cannot criticize others than they have truly lost their freedom of speech. If it became illegal where would it stop? Would criticism of other religions, even in a church setting, become a hate crime like in Victoria, Aussie land? Ministers in Jail for their criticism of Islam!!!

-------------
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε

Posted By: Constantine XI
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 20:03

Originally posted by eaglecap

[QUOTE=Illuminati] 

Would criticism of other religions, even in a church setting, become a hate crime like in Victoria, Aussie land? Ministers in Jail for their criticism of Islam!!!

eaglecap, you have mentioned this before and I assumed you were referring to our anti-terrorist legislation which barred religious leaders from inciting hatred or breaking the law. Could you please provide me with further information regarding this claim, so far as I am aware the only action taken against clerics was against one imam who was helping plot an attack on the city of Melbourne.

-------------

Posted By: Loknar
Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 21:02

and people say America isnt as free as Europe. if this was posted in America the government wouldnt say a thing because they cant.

You guys who are b****** and moaning about a COMIC are cry babies. Go top your room and cry it off.

There is a BIG problem in the Muslim world with crap like this. "What? news week ran a story in which the Koran was flushed down a toliet by america troops?...why we must riot and 15000 people have to die. And it isnt out fault for not being able to control our emotions."

Then in the Netherlands, van Goughs grandson is gunned down because he makes a critical video about Islam/.

People get over your selves. what a bunch of p******. You people really do not know what freedom of press or speech is.

about 'inciting hatred'. I guess you cant say anything about the Muslims because it makes them angry and want to kill people...Otherwise, if you're nice they wouldnt want to kill you. well that what i take such ridiculous laws to mean.

And finally, GROW UP.

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 22:39
Has anyone seen the cartoon in question?  What does is say exactly?

-------------
Member of IAEA

Date Posted: 30-Jan-2006 at 23:34
here's a link to the cartoons

http://forum.newspaperindex.com/Mohammed-drawings-newspaper1.jpg - http://forum.newspaperindex.com/Mohammed-drawings-newspaper1 .jpg

-------------

Posted By: Boztorgay
Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 00:13

They must have known these jokes are intolerable.  The publishing of these cartoons was deliberate, and was aimed at provoking Muslims.  I guess they didn't think the matter would be internationalized like this. 
These offensive cartoons weren't a joke.  They could have joked about OBL, if all they wanted to joke about was a bearded-man preaching religion in a distorted way, according to them.  That's not freedom of speech.  Can they deny the holocaust and call that freedom of speech?  If they can't mess with the Jews, they shouldn't think they can mess with Muslims, either.

That's not exactly the same thing: no jewish leader or jewish mass would ever overreact this way if YHW, or Moses, David, Daniel, Isaiah, Jeremiah or ANY other jewish prophet or religious figure would have been ridiculized in a journal. The arabs, by doing such a case from nothing, and to a certain extent all the muslims (as we see here, even some "europeans") act as the arabs too, masses and lites altogether, proove they are still looking at things from a too middle-aged standpoint. When at least the highest layer of the inteligentsia of arab world will choose to grow up intelectually and abandon the belief in the revelation parleyed by Mahomed, then, they will educate cleverly the superstitious population (as it's the case in US and partially in Europe too) to became tolerant to freedom of speech. At some point in the future, that I suspect is not very far away, the world will have enough of the arabs/muslims yelling that their "sensibilities" are trampled upon. The cartoons should be seen as an atempt to open the minds of muslims in Europe, the same muslims that produced such a killer like Van Gogh murderer, by weaning them away from stultifying propaganda that they've been subjected to, literally since birth. It dosen't matter what muslims in their various hellholes in the third world think about that, that is a process of education of Europe's youth.

-------------
Il n'y a que les imbciles et les huitres qui adhrent - Paul Valry

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 00:26
That's your problem.  If you don't mind your religions and religious figures being mocked, you're free.  We don't like that for ourselves, and we are free to react to the insult in any way we wish.  Expressing our anger is also freedom of speech.

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 00:28

If scientists wanted to plan a conference to disprove
Christianity, or Judaism, or Islam - fine, go ahead.
That's not disrespectful, that's simply disagreeing.

All that is about the impact to the public; or a targeted public. Consciently or not, these guys from an obscure scandinavian journal were doing the same tolerance-inducing "treatment" to young muslims in Europe, as the writings of voltaire, diderot and others, in european recent history, they have done too. Just ask Randi, if scientific conferences had ever had any effect an masses.

-------------

Posted By: gcle2003
Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 04:04

That's your problem.  If you don't mind your religions and religious figures being mocked, you're free.  We don't like that for ourselves, and we are free to react to the insult in any way we wish.  Expressing our anger is also freedom of speech.

Of course you are, childish though it is.

But not to harm people in the process.

-------------

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 05:43
Originally posted by Genghis

They are stupid, poor and lacking taste and even humor. They were published months ago, only thatv they have been republished in Norway now.

But that's not the problem. The problem is: can we bear that a bunch of fanatics sprung out from nowhere dictate which are our norms? No we can't. I suggest that NATO points its missiles to Mecca as defensive measure.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 06:54
Originally posted by gcle2003

Of course you are, childish though it is.

But not to harm people in the process.

Economic boycotts are political statements.  If you think the boycott is harmful, then we think an apology can fix that.  What does it take to publish an apology?  Freedom of speech is good and necessary as long as you don't intentionally promote lies to provoke racial and religious hatred amongst people.

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 07:08

Originally posted by Maju

Originally posted by Genghis

They are stupid, poor and lacking taste and even humor. They were published months ago, only thatv they have been republished in Norway now.

But that's not the problem. The problem is: can we bear that a bunch of fanatics sprung out from nowhere dictate which are our norms? No we can't. I suggest that NATO points its missiles to Mecca as defensive measure.

What a diplomatic solution!  I see where bin Laden got his ideas from.  So is it part of your 'norms' to insult others and provoke hatred and discrimination against people?  Civilized manners you got there, eh?

Anyway, the reason it's become a big thing all over the world is because Danish Muslims decided to "internationalize" it after the newspaper had refused to apologize.

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 08:01
It is part of our allowance to mock anything. It's not about civilized or whatever but about freedom: got the idea?

That's their problem: I don't see why they have to apologize. I don't see why nobody has to demand any apology. You don't like it? Then don't look at it, don't buy that paper and that's all.

Essential concept: freedom.

If this is going to cause a breach between the Muslim World and Europe. Fine: we have nothing to loose. The last thing we can do is to force a citizen to apologize because somebody doesn't like his art.

Essential concept: freedom.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 08:53

Which is better? to over-react to an insult by step over danish flag, or to stay calm and answer of insulting in your local newspaper? i assume the second one. You sure could react to the insult any way you wish, but be sure you will lose your respect among the whole world. And so you will lower yourself to the crude level as the insulters.

-------------

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 09:07

It's not really OT. The current event threads always
have to find somewhere to go, really.

I think it's interesting, what you've said. I believe it's
important to respect other religions but by respect I
think I'm referring to the same feelings you are? I
don't believe in them, I don't necessarily admire
them, I just accept other people's right to have their
beliefs not subjected to ridicule or insult - the same
as I demand for my own.

On a more personal note, for me it all revolves
around intentions. You could call me the most
beautiful woman in the world with a snarl in your
voice and I'll attack you for it, or you could softly
whisper the most evil things as a joke and I'll laugh.

Mila sorry to answer you so late, yesterday it was too late at night and i wanted to sleep, you know i am soooo lazy

Well today if you want to criticize an ideology, specially religins, the followers accuse you are insulting their beliefs, mostly becouse they want to shut you up.So the word "respect" in my ear clink like "don't criticize us, don't talk about our faith, don't make us doubt" and ofcourse it means you shut up!.

as i said befor i don't want to respect some ideologies, although i would never insult or offend them,and  i respect followers of all ideologies as humans.

This was my main post:

Originally posted by Maziar

Another question, maybe OT but anyway,

I read from everyone says "have respect to religions" why should i respect all another people's ideologies?  I don't insult or offend them, but i don't want to respect them.

I dislike communism, i respect communists as humans and i don't want to respect the communism as an ideology, should i? the same thing with Religions or capitalism or whatever. I don't want to respect them and i think it is my sovereign right, could you respect fascism or nazism?

-------------

Posted By: Moller
Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 09:35

Oh dear...chemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />>>

This case is completely getting out of control because of misinformation from the Danish imams and a lack of action from the Danish government that has reacted to late.>>

Not that Danish government should apologies and punish Jyllands Posten (the now notorious newspaper), which some of the Muslim governments demands in order to stop the boycott. As it has already been said in this thread, the Danish government will do it, because of the freedom of speech. If the government apologised or maybe even punished Jyllands Posten, it would be censorship, which the Scandinavians believe is a tool that only should be used in a dictatorship. Polls have also shown that the Danish population do not think that the government should apologies. >>

The Prime minister has personally stated that he doesnt like the drawings and what makes me really furious is that the Muslim delegation that went have created a false picture of how the Danish government and the Danes in general threat the Danish Muslims. >>

It is correct that a few members of the Danish Parliament have described Islam as cancer etc BUT these few members (cant stand them) are the most RIGHT WINGED and most ISLAM-HOSTILE members of the entire parliament. Even the party, which is considered to be the most Islam-hostile party (I dont like them as well) find that their opinions are way out of line. >>

It pisses me of that the delegation has used quotes from members of the government that represent a very small minority to describe the situation in Denmark. >>

The latest development in the case is that the delegation has said that the pictures are only a snapshot of how the Danish medias are harassing the Muslims with pictures etc. I can guarantee you that if you look through the newspapers you will find no such things. >>

I am afraid that the Muslims think that the Danes like the drawings, when they do think they should apologies. Even though there have not been any polls about it yet, I am certain that the majority of the Danes dislike the drawings, but when we have freedom of speech Jyllands Posten have the right to post what they want even though many people find it insulting and harassing. >>

Jyllands Posten have also said that they are sorry that Muslims are feeling insulted by the drawings: http://www.jp.dk/meninger/ncartikel:aid=3527646">http://www.jp.dk/meninger/ncartikel:aid=3527646>>

>>

I think it is wrong to boycott the Danish brands why should you punish a lot employees working for the companies being boycott, when a newspaper they have nothing to do with publish drawing that Muslims find insulting?>>

Experts believe that the boycott will cost about 11200 jobs. Not that it has any significant influence on the Danish economy, which is very strong at the moment, but I just feel sorry for the employees>>

I am sorry that I do not have that many links, but there is not much point in referring to the news in the Danish newspapers.>>

The biggest question at the moment is how the solve the conflict, now that it is has escalated, which I believe the Danish government should have done months ago with a information campaign long before it has gone as far as it has now. That would have saved us a lot of problems.

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 09:56
Freedom of speech is good and necessary as long as you don't intentionally promote lies to provoke racial and religious hatred amongst people.

Does that apply to those touring Imams too?
Deliberatly showing intentionaly offensive (for they can be interpreted in no other way, at least the originals bar one are tame and weren't intended so much as to spred lies as they were a cheap distastefull publicity stunt) pictures that were never ever even published in the newspaper with the deliberate intent of provoking a response in the middle east, in what has effictivly amounted to incitement to hatred and even violence in all but name.
Rest assured, they most likely won't have to account for their actions.

Anyways, from all this I learned a Danish proverb - "an orange in the Turban", means 'good luck'. Is that right?

-------------
Arrrgh!!"

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 10:52
Ahhh Moller...you kind of, sort of, a little bit won me
over.

-------------

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:10
Originally posted by Maziar

Which is better? to over-react to an insult by step over danish flag, or to stay calm and answer of insulting in your local newspaper? i assume the second one. You sure could react to the insult any way you wish, but be sure you will lose your respect among the whole world. And so you will lower yourself to the crude level as the insulters.

That's your personal opinion.  I personally see it in a more positive light.  Muslims have always been passive, and accepted insults slapped at them left and right.  The worldwide reactions are good to show that we do get offended, and we do get pretty upset, too.

You earn respect, you don't demand it.  If you think Muslims have lost their respect, I think you're wrong.  They would have lost their respect had the millions around the world not stood up for their Muslims brethrens in the Denmark.

Of course, we all see things from a different prespective.  Denmark lost its respect, especially after its queen came out with anti-Islam remarks last year.  The cartoons were merely the 'hay that broke the camel's back,' as we say.

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:13
The Queen got in on it too? My God.

Isn't she the one they call the Drag Queen, for her
chain smoking habit? I can't remember if it's
Denmark or Belgium or wherever else.

But she apparently even lit up in a home for elderly
asthmatics.

-------------

Posted By: krios
Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:13
Haha how come muslims always start crying when something funny or bad is published, whatever you want funny or bad.
I see that here in Slovenia. They are crying so much that they cant have their dzamija. I just think they dont  have money, while majority of slovenians are against. I think we are one of few european countries that dont have dzamija. Well it is either you assimilate or get out of here. We dont need some strange ideology presented on any plane any time in land of slovenian citizens. thats it, but they continue to cry.

-------------
http://www.historyexplorer.net - History Timelines and Articles

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:16

yes, you are right, you can react and nobody want to deny it, this right, but you can't react "in any way you wish".  By saying that, you simply open some kind of pandora's box, where "reaction" follow "reaction". That's insanity. As a fragile civilization (i.e. the arab muslim countries) as you are, it is not at all your interest. It's sad that only this kind of intelectual and visual harshness get people used with the liberty of expression, but it is the only way to treat this already negected illness of the european youngster of muslim extraction. Once again, it doesn't matter what are saying the other muslim, they're not even targeted by this, in my opinion.  

-------------

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:21
Originally posted by Cywr

Does that apply to those touring Imams too?
Deliberatly showing intentionaly offensive (for they can be interpreted in no other way, at least the originals bar one are tame and weren't intended so much as to spred lies as they were a cheap distastefull publicity stunt) pictures that were never ever even published in the newspaper with the deliberate intent of provoking a response in the middle east, in what has effictivly amounted to incitement to hatred and even violence in all but name.
Rest assured, they most likely won't have to account for their actions.

Anyways, from all this I learned a Danish proverb - "an orange in the Turban", means 'good luck'. Is that right?

I didn't understand that proverb, sorry.

That certainly does not apply to what you called "the touring imams."  After locally seeking a proper solution (a simple apology from the newspaper) that was rejected, they decided to internationalize the matter, not by spreading lies, but simply making it known all over the world.  They did not re-print or re-distribute the images.  All we heard in this part of the world is that there were offensive cartoons published in the newspaper that were insulting to the person of the Prophet (peace be upon Him). 

If they really wanted to incite people, as you claim, they would have made sure to include the pictures.  Most people here boycotting Danish products, going out on demonstrations and writing letters and faxes to the Danish consulate - I assure you - have not even seen the pictures.

As I said earlier, it's not too hard to apologize to people, unless you had really meant to offend them.  The pictures were highly distasteful, and clearly aimed at upsetting Muslims.

Think what you may, but you cannot deny that the reaction was expected.  They obviously wanted to touch a sensitive nerve.

We respect your freedoms, but you can't step over our feelings in celebration of that.

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:25
They toured with pictures that weren't printed in the Danish newspapers. So not everyone saw them, its still lying.

-------------
Arrrgh!!"

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:29
Originally posted by Boztorgay

yes, you are right, you can react and nobody want to deny it, this right, but you can't react "in any way you wish".  By saying that, you simply open some kind of pandora's box, where "reaction" follow "reaction". That's insanity. As a fragile civilization (i.e. the arab muslim countries) as you are, it is not at all your interest. It's sad that only this kind of intelectual and visual harshness get people used with the liberty of expression, but it is the only way to treat this already negected illness of the european youngster of muslim extraction. Once again, it doesn't matter what are saying the other muslim, they're not even targeted by this, in my opinion.  

Boztorgay,

When you target the main figure of Islam, you target the entire Muslim Ummah.  To say otherwise is blatant ignorance (or lies).  We are not a fragile civilization; we are not a civilization to begin with. 

If you can say, "we can publish what we want," I have the same right to say, "we can react to it the way we want, too."

Denmark has the right not to apologize, and we have the right to continue demanding an apology and boycotting their products meanwhile.  Where's the violence in that? 

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:30

That certainly does not apply to what you called "the touring imams."  After locally seeking a proper solution (a simple apology from the newspaper) that was rejected, they decided to internationalize the matter, not by spreading lies, but simply making it known all over the world.  They did not re-print or re-distribute the images. 

Eh, no. They didn't reprint anything - they made THEIR OWN pictures, far more insulting than anything that was printed in the Danish paper. I posted the link already.

Denmark has the right not to apologize, and we have the right to continue demanding an apology and boycotting their products meanwhile.  Where's the violence in that? 

The paper in question has already apologized. Why should an instance (in this case, the Danish government) that had nothing to do with it apologize?

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:32

Mira, I wish to ask you a question: why are ou today very sensitive people to all what others say about Mahomed, while the arabs in his time, from his tribe, were so harsh with?

They called him abtar, that meaning something like impotent, or castrated, because he never did produce a male descendent. That was the biggest hancicap an arab could ever have.

-------------

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:32
N/M.

-------------

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:33

They toured with pictures that weren't printed in the Danish newspapers. So not everyone saw them, its still lying.

You mean it would have been to heighten the tension by showing the pictures, too?  A description of the cartoons was obviously enough.  I can testify to how accurate the descriptions were.  In fact, I found the the cartoons to be more offensive than the descriptions.  You call it lies?  I call it media censorship.  If it was up to me, I would have voted for publishing the cartoons in local newspapers.

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:34
Oh God, Mira. Be careful what you wish for. There are
few that actually were published that are enough to
blow a fuse in the Arab world.

-------------

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:34

asthmatics.

"We must show our opposition to Islam," says http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/04/15/wqueen15.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/04/15/ixworld.html - Danish Queen .

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:36
They added 3 offensive pictures to the original 12, i call that lies, yes.

-------------
Arrrgh!!"

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:37
One look at those teeth - yeah, she's the Drag Queen
I mentioned.

-------------

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:39

asthmatics.

"We must show our opposition to Islam," says http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/04/15/wqueen15.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/04/15/ixworld.html - Danish Queen .

Taken out of context. It was concerning growing fundamentalist extremism in Denmark (ie, 'bomb the infidels'), not Islam in general. That said, the Danish immigration politics aren't really helping either.

Posted By: Mortaza
Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:40

As a fragile civilization (i.e. the arab muslim countries) as you are

I dont  think they will have  much problem for selling their goods(oil), what about you?

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:40
Originally posted by Boztorgay

Mira, I wish to ask you a question: why are ou today very sensitive people to all what others say about Mahomed, while the arabs in his time, from his tribe, were so harsh with?

They called him abtar, that meaning something like impotent, or castrated, because he never did produce a male descendent. That was the biggest hancicap an arab could ever have.

The Prophet (peace be upon Him) was alive then to defend himself.  His companions were alive to defend him, too.  Do you take pleasure in insulting people who cannot defend themselves?

Moreover, Islam was in its initial phases.  Did they dare insult him after the conquering of Mecca?

In any case, we're talking about the present day.  Muslims are already subject to hate crimes and black humor everywhere.  That doesn't make headlines and Muslims generally ignore that.  So why did they have to insult the person of the Prophet (peace be upon Him)?

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:41
The taken out of context excuse doesn't really work
for me in terms of that sentence. Showing your
opposition to "Islam" in no way can be tolerated by
specifying Islamic fundamentalists. If you mean
Islamic fundamentalists, then say Islamic
fundamentalists. If you mean Islam, then say Islam -
just be prepared to bear the consequences.

That said - I did find the end of the article rather
strange? Her two quotes - one about
fundamentalists and the other about what needs to
happen in Denmark - I agree with? It doesn't seem
that crazy to me. It's just the first half that's annoying.

-------------

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:43
Regarding the proverb, having an orange in your turban means you have something to be proud of, so that explains that particular cartoon, a sort of self-mockery presumably.
The Wiki is often useless.

-------------
Arrrgh!!"

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:44

err so why do these guys want to endanger their position at their host countries?

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:45

Yes Mila, that's exactly the point.  It would be a lie to say that the reactions weren't expected.  Europe has not yet awakened from the shocking reaction to Theo Van Gogh's offensive movie, and now they're pretending to be shocked by Muslims' reaction to something similar?

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:48

Regarding the proverb, having an orange in your turban means you have something to be proud of, so that explains that particular cartoon, a sort of self-mockery presumably.
The Wiki is often useless.

I see.  Thank you for the explanation. 

As for the 3 added cartoons you're talking about, I have not seen them, so I cannot comment on that.

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:48

So why did they have to insult the person of the Prophet (peace be upon Him)?

They didn't - YOU think they did (at least not the Danes, who knows what that Norwegian fundie paper thought). That's the whole point. And in any case it doesn't warrant a reaction like this. The Bahrainian response was good - they condemned the paper, not the whole nation. Beating up or threatening Danish nationals (and even Muslims who happen to work for a Dano-Swedish company) is way over the top, and has severly damaged the opinon on Muslims in eye of the West.

The taken out of context excuse doesn't really work
for me in terms of that sentence. Showing your
opposition to "Islam" in no way can be tolerated by
specifying Islamic fundamentalists. If you mean
Islamic fundamentalists, then say Islamic
fundamentalists. If you mean Islam, then say Islam -
just be prepared to bear the consequences.

That said - I did find the end of the article rather
strange? Her two quotes - one about
fundamentalists and the other about what needs to
happen in Denmark - I agree with? It doesn't seem
that crazy to me. It's just the first half that's annoying.

I dunno. Bad translation/poor English from the queen/poor journalism/ignorance from the queen's side. I have no idea, just that she was talking about fundies.

Originally posted by Mortaza

err so why do these guys want to endanger their position at their host countries?

They aren't endangering their position more than usual. These particular extremist imamas are quite disliked by their hosts as it is.

http://www.allempires.com/forum/As%20for%20the%203%20added%20cartoons%20you're%20talking%20about,%20I%20have%20not%20seen%20them,%20so%20I%20cannot%20comment%20on%20that. - As for the 3 added cartoons you're talking about, I have not seen them, so I cannot comment on that.

As I said, I posted links in my first post in this thread.

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:51
I realize all these sorts of things are very subjective,
but Van Gogh's movie wasn't the same to me.

The actress was a Muslim, no one put a gun to her
head and made her play the scenes she did.

The movie, as far as I know, wasn't a mockery nor
was it unnecessarily offensive. The only clips I've
seen are ones of a naked woman with the verses of
the Koran flowing over her body.

I don't think anyone has the right to stop artists from
critiqing society. They just have to be respectful, and
there's a respectful way to do anything. You make
your point, but you don't go overboard.

He could easily have easily shoved a camera half
way up her as- and filmed some guy pretending to
be Mohammed beating her while she prayed - that
would be worth a reaction because it's unnecessary.

But what he did, if what I've seen was the extent of it,
was fine - I'd even say beautiful.

-------------

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 12:02
Originally posted by Styrbiorn

So why did they have to insult the person of the Prophet (peace be upon Him)?

They didn't - YOU think they did (at least not the Danes, who knows what that Norwegian fundie paper thought). That's the whole point. And in any case it doesn't warrant a reaction like this. The Bahrainian response was good - they condemned the paper, not the whole nation. Beating up or threatening Danish nationals (and even Muslims who happen to work for a Dano-Swedish company) is way over the top, and has severly damaged the opinon on Muslims in eye of the West.

I don't know where you got that from.  As far as I know, no Danish nationals were beaten up anywhere in my country.  As a matter of fact, the Danish consulate did not think it was necessary to close down at this critical time.  They feel pretty secure, it seems.

The Bahraini reaction was exactly the same as that of Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and the UAE.  I've been following our news, and I'm pretty sure no such violence against Danish individuals or groups has taken place.

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 12:05
I was talking about the threats in Palestine against Danish - and Swedish, for some reason or another - citizens to leave the country, and how people working for the Dano-Swedish diary company Arla were beaten up in iirc Riyadh.

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 12:10

I was talking about the threats in Palestine against Danish - and Swedish, for some reason or another - citizens to leave the country, and how people working for the Dano-Swedish diary company Arla were beaten up in iirc Riyadh.

As far as I know, in Riyadh, it was an incident that a vehicle was attacked by a stone-throwing crowd.  No one was hurt, and certainly no one was harmed or attacked.  Worried about the car?  Insurance will take care of it.

Sorry about the Palestinians; Arafat would have taken care of that very well, I'm sure, but he was murdered with your blessings. 

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 12:11

They aren't endangering their position more than usual. These particular extremist imamas are quite disliked by their hosts as it is.

so what are normal muslims thinking?

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 12:12

So why are Arab governments demanding an apology from the Danish government? Simple, they have no concept of a media that isnt state ran (though there are some in the Arab world).

I'm sorry to say this but allot of people in the Muslim world are cry babies. "well he said something about the Prophet Im going to cry now." When news week runs a false story, 15,000 people died in rioting in Afghanistan and Pakistan. I suppose its news weeks fault right? I mean, Muslims cant be expected to control their emotions

If somebody wants to say something really bad about Islam, Christianity, Arabs, Americans, Germans ect ect uit is their right to do so (at least here in America). Its the freedom thing. I know some of our muslim posters here say "I advocate freedom of speech...but..." which means you only advocate it so long as you arent offended. The whole freedom thing has a good and bad side to it. Sometimes you will have to take ignorant insults.  I really think you guys in the Muslim world need to grow up and stop wineing every time somebody says something bad about you or Islam.

Finally, if those Imams in Denmark have a problem with Denmark, why dont they leave? Something tells me it isnt so bad there. Notice how there is a boycott on products but no call for all Muslims to leave.

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 12:14

Mortaza, I have no idea.

Sorry about the Palestinians; Arafat would have taken care of that very well, I'm sure, but he was murdered with your blessings. 

With MY blessings? What the hell are you rambling about? Or did you mean my country? Well, that's funny because the Israelis are constantly accusing us of anti-Semitism since we support Palestine economically and politically. Frankly, you seem pretty misinformed generally. What are you using as your source of information? 

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 12:16
Why should they leave?  It's their country, too.

We're not going to explain what our problem with the cartoon is, over and over again.  Think what you may.  This is how the situation is, and this is how it's going to be.

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 12:18
Yes its going to be this way because you guys cant learn how to handle insults like MEN. Your pride is so overwhelming, even more than mine (and I'm a very proud person).

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 12:20

Mortaza, I have no idea.

With MY blessings? What the hell are you rambling about? Or did you mean my country? Well, that's funny because the Israelis are constantly accusing us of anti-Semitism since we support Palestine economically and politically. Frankly, you seem pretty misinformed generally. What are you using as your source of information? 

I didn't mean you, or your country.  I was referring to the West.

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 12:22
Originally posted by Loknar

Yes its going to be this way because you guys cant learn how to handle insults like MEN. Your pride is so overwhelming, even more than mine (and I'm a very proud person).

I'm a woman, I take insults personally

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 12:24

The man wasn't even murdered, so my point stays the same. 75 year old men sometimes die of natural causes, you know.

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 12:24

Originally posted by Loknar

I'm a woman, I take insults personally

I say that because the Islmaic world is led by men.

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 12:27

Yes Mila, that's exactly the point.  It would be a lie to say that the reactions weren't expected.  Europe has not yet awakened from the shocking reaction to Theo Van Gogh's offensive movie, and now they're pretending to be shocked by Muslims' reaction to something similar?

I wonder about the more shocking reaction of people in europe when the man had his his head blown off by a Muslim.

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 12:27

eerr well I am a man from coast of blacksea, well okey you are right.

You can swear  me,  I can handle insults.

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 12:29

I didn't mean you, or your country. I
was referring to the West.

I love that, Mira. "I didn't mean you, or your country. I
meant both and many more countries with hundreds
of millions more people." You think like I do.

-------------

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 12:30

The man wasn't even murdered, so my point stays the same. 75 year old men sometimes die of natural causes, you know.

That's not what the majority believes.

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com