Print Page | Close Window

Who was in charge of the Armenian Genocide?

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: Regional History or Period History
Forum Name: Modern History
Forum Discription: World History from 1918 to the 21st century.
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8370
Printed Date: 10-May-2024 at 02:47
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Who was in charge of the Armenian Genocide?
Posted By: Ponce de Leon
Subject: Who was in charge of the Armenian Genocide?
Date Posted: 16-Jan-2006 at 21:03
I just watched a documentary on the armenian genocide. I wanted to know if actually any person can be singled out, or if it was just the government or the society the armenians wer living in.

Replies:
Posted By: mamikon
Date Posted: 16-Jan-2006 at 22:40
The first acts of Genocide took place in 1894-1896 under Sultan Abdul Hamid II (the bloody sultan)

Then  It the was the  Young Turk government which took charge in 1908. The perpetrators where Talaat Pasha, Enver Pasha,  and Cemal Pasha.

Ataturk also killed thousands of Armenians (and Greeks) but scholars do not think that his acts were to be included with that of Abdul Hamid and the trio-Pashas, since he was trying to repel the allied treaties or something.

I believe Ataturk acknowledged the Genocide in 1926, in an interview with a Los Angeles based news agency, he reffered to it as "massacres" since the word Genocide has not been created until Lemkin came along in the 1940s.

Posted By: Lmprs
Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 02:19
So called Armenian Genocide is based on claims and propagandas. There is no evidence.

Lots of Armenians died in those years, some were killed by Turks, but that does not fit into the definition of a genocide.

Whatever, I am wasting my time.

Posted By: Alkiviades
Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 03:06

Sure you are. The Armenian genocide is well-documented and aknowledged as it was extremely massive. We have documents, various foreign officials describing it, pictures, accounts and various other proof.

I am quite certain Turks should accept it and move on, it's not like we'd call them personally responsible  for the evil-trio's slaughters. As nobody attributes the slaughters of Chinghiz Khan to todays Mongols and I don't think many connect the Germans today with Hitler or the communists today with Stalin.

Enver (the "jewish Turk" as some call him) was the mastermind behind the genocide, but the whole plan was executed by the trio of neoturk leaders, as mamikon pointed out.

-------------
If you wanna play arrogant with me, you better have some very solid facts to back up that arrogance, or I'll tear you to pieces

Posted By: Mortaza
Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 03:45

Sorry but  you even call what Abdulhamit did genocide too. what type of sciencific words are this, I dont remember  any jew attacked hitler and killed a  lot people.

It is true a lot of people killed, It is false even this trio acted like hitler. Even they have not much  justification what they did, they  have  good reasons. hitler have not.

For abdulhamit, It   is complately rubish to call his act as genocide.

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 04:49
Originally posted by Alkiviades

Sure you are. The Armenian genocide is well-documented and aknowledged as it was extremely massive. We have documents, various foreign officials describing it, pictures, accounts and various other proof.

Yeah, I know what you are talking about.

The pictures are mostly fake and disproved.

I think I saw a "document" about Talat Pasha's orders.

It was as if written by a "bad guy" you see in movies, pretty unrealistic.

I am quite certain Turks should accept it and move on, it's not like we'd call them personally responsible for the evil-trio's slaughters.

You say that I am not responsible for something which occured a century ago, right?

Ah, thank you so much. I am sooo grateful for that!

Posted By: DayI
Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 04:56

since armenians arent able to capture their so called "western provinces" they do it the other way, the way that the whole world are supporting them. Letting Turkey acknowledging and acceptin the so called biased lie about the armenian genocide gaves them the chance to get their "western provinces" back with support of other organisation on their back.

Firstly give youre poor armenians food instead of telling all those bull, they die of hunger...

-------------
Bu mıntıka'nın Dayı'sı
http://imageshack.us - [IMG - http://www.allempires.com/forum/uploads/DayI/2006-03-17_164450_bscap021.jpg -

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 05:10
The problem with the `alleged armenian genocide ` is , it became a toy for politicians.Some goverments decided if it was a genocide not historians.And coincidentaly these are the countries with important armenian voting power.Also I saw on several message boards that there are some armenians who thinks they will get land from Turkey by using this. Obviously there are people who live in some kind of weird reality and those people make it even harder to solve this problem , like ultra-nationalist turkish people who think they can not possibly do something wrong.

Personally I believe those three pashas and the nationalist movement is responsible of most of the armenian deaths between 1915-1917.I don`t know if it was `genocide` or not.Hard to swallow that as a fact when politicians not historians claim it was.

Also I think armenian politicians deliberately push this subject to draw international attention from armenian occupation of Nagorno-Karabakh.It is a big region and it belongs to Azerbaijan.Armenians invaded the region in 1992 and Turkey closed it`s borders with Armenia since then.
I think at the end Turkey and Armenia will reach an agreement about `alleged genocide` subject.And probably it will be like you forget my misdeeds and I`ll forget yours.

Posted By: erci
Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 05:15
^^ not the whole world, only countries who have turkophobia, not because they believe in Armenians.and the best part is they recognize it without making any researches.
Armenians should focus on and use their efforts to develep their country and people.It will be more benefical for them.Country is vanishing from international arena day by day.

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 05:58
When any Armenian posters will see those paternalistic at best (or downright rude, at worst) comments, all hell shall break loose for another time... I'd suggest more subtlety, in order to keep this topic from descending into yet another flamewar.

-------------
If you wanna play arrogant with me, you better have some very solid facts to back up that arrogance, or I'll tear you to pieces

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 06:07
I agree , less nationalistic crap please and more objectivity.

Posted By: Komnenos
Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 06:34
Warning

This topic has been discussed a hundred times on AE.

However, as there are quite a few new members involved in this discussions, it will remain open, as long it is being debated in a civilised manner, unlike many of the old threads on the Armenian issue.

-------------
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">

Posted By: TheDiplomat
Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 06:43

My grand-grand father had been killed by the Armenian rebellions who were in the service of Russian Imperial Army.So I invite everyone respect the victims of each side...it is irritating..

Genocide is a very serious crime,and requires much more work than a documantery...

If there is evidence,why dont the allegators appeal to the court?

Not every death,massacere is a genocide..Calling any event as genocide spreads this crime and hence reduce the extremity of the Nazi Party.

-------------
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 07:39

I do not think Nazis have the copyright on Genocides. If you want a term that is not loaded, try Democide. Or you can look up a definition, like this one taken from Wiki (it's standard dictionary material btw. nothing to quarel about)

Genocide is defined by the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (CPPCG) article 2 as any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial or religious group, as such: "Killing members of the group; Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; and forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."

So, under that definition, what the neoturks did to the Armenians (and the Pontic Greeks and others) is definitely classified as a "genocide". In this case, we are talking about a mass-scale genocide as well, so we'd better use the term democide. Again, from wiki:

Democide is a term coined by political scientist R.J. Rummel in his book Death by Government to describe "the murder of any person or people by a government, including genocide, politicide, and mass murder".[1] For example, government-sponsored killings for political reasons would be considered democide. Capital punishment is not usually considered democide. Democide can also include deaths arising from "reckless and depraved disregard for life"; this brings into account many deaths arising through various neglects and abuses, such as forced mass starvation. Rummel explicitly excludes war deaths in his definition, except for killings outside the laws of war

There have been democides and genocides loooooong before the relevent terms were invented. What the Mongols did in Hsi Hsia, was 100% a genocide. What they did in Khwarazmia as well. Tamerlane was perhaps the greatest democider the world has ever seen. The Seleucids (attempted to) conduct a genocide, the Romans carried out half a dozen. A hundred more cases spring in mind.

Any way you see it, what happened with the Armenians was a genocide.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 07:47

So, under that definition, what the neoturks did to the Armenians  is definitely classified as a "genocide".  

Under which conditions can you classify this?May I see you expertise on the international law related with these issue?...Otherwise,reading the definition,2-3 papers and using imagination is not enough...This is called intellectual arrogantness...

In order to classify events genocide,you ''have to'' be an expert on international law,have distinguished information on geography,history,social pyschology of that period.

May I ask also how you also define the atrocities committed by the Greek(or hellas? ) army in western Turkey against the Turkish population which eventually compelled the Greek side to pay compensation?

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 08:34

Stop playing Turkish with me, Thediplo. We are on an internet forum, not on the UN where you can talk yourself clean (or pretend you do). We have facts here.

Slaughtering 800.000 to 1.5 million (the second number is accepted internationally, btw. but I throw in the lowest western estimation for your convenience) of a single ethnic group in order to create lebensraum for your people, and because those people (you killed) are the ones refusing to be absorbed into the dominant culture, does not take an expert in international law to define as a genocide, just some common sense.

I am refusing to go into yet another debacle on the alleged "crimes" of the Greek occupation forces in western Asia Minor, because then I'd have to bring up Ataturks massacres and that would lead us to another "your people killed more" type of silly debates. This is about the Armenian genocide, nothing else.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 08:54

The fact that we are on an internet forum does not mean that you can insult any other nation so easily,my Greek fellower.

If you have an argument,you are supposed to back it up.Simple as that.

As a fellow-forumer,since you claim to be presenting so-called facts,then I am entitled to ask your background on the issue,briefly how you proove it.It has nothing to do with being Turkish...I let the science be my guide.

You information as follows''...are the ones refusing to be absorbed into the dominant culture, does not take an expert in international law to define as a genocide, just some common sense.'' demonstrate the fact that you got the info on a brain-washing source,which tried to put paralels between the Holocaust and this issue,so that they could persuade people easily for their own arguments.

Please let me tell you that The Ottoman Armenian population were not required to be absrobed into the dominant culture in the 20.cebtury,as the Armenians themselves were practising Turkish customs on their won after living together for centuries.

As for the atrocities committed by the Greek Army forces in western Turkey following the WWI,I just wanted to hear you opinion on the definition of the issue no who killed more,since you acted as if an expert on crimes...

Not to my suprise,I saw that you even didnt know Greece herself paid compensation(giving a town to Turkey) for the atrocities committed by herself during the Turkish Independence War.

One of the most important sources of international law is ''international treaties'',so you got to be well-informed on the treaties if you want your allegations to be persuasive.

-------------

Posted By: o_irengun
Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 08:57

Yes  We  have  killed  greeks  armenians  and  kurds  we are still  killing  them  we  are bloody minded  barbarians.

The armenians  and  greeks  and ...  were  sitting in their  warm houses  we  have  atackted  them  without  any  reasons and  killed them.10 nations  have  lived  for  1000  years  in  peace.And  one  day  they  have killed  eachother.

i dont believe  stroies  like this sorry.U have  to tell me  stories about  benefits  of  other countries.Like  Russia like  france  like  germany.That  could be interesting  for me  to understand  the reasons  to  kill brothers.

General Staff  of ottoman army  was  during  the  wwi  under the  controll  and  strongly influence of  prussia.i mean  during  the genocide  times   Funny  isnt  it? And  the armenians  they  were  under the  influence  of russia  and  france.This is very funny too.

So  who was  the  charge  for  the armenian  genocide?

Posted By: Maju
Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 09:26
I must say I am again shocked, astonished, ashamed and angry at the derivation of the discussion on what happened exactly during the Armenian Genocide to a massive barrickade to defend the honor of Turkey.

Please stop being so foolish: your nation like all others have commited crimes. And the only way to clarify which part belongs to whom is by dissapassionate and careful discussion.

In this regard I susggest all reasonable forumers to ignore the nationalist Turkish discourse and keep this topic as a rational discussion among people interested in knowing about the details and facts of the genocide.

It is a shame for this forum that when we try to discuss serious matters we are sabotaged by nationalist crap.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 09:28
There are many reports by German ambassadors and government officials trying to control the trio, but couldnt. Now I would go to a great discussion of
why and how the genocide took place, but since whatever I say turks here will not believe me, I will just stop. Although I will say this, when in 1943 Lemkin was interviewed by CBS to comment on his definition of "Genocide" he said "Its what happened to the Armenian people during the last years of the Ottoman Empire".

Like many Turks, sooner or later the Turkish government has to come to terms with its past, an apology is long overdue.

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 09:33

Well Maju,

If you had ever attempted to read my posts before so heavily attacking,you would have noticed that they had nothing to do with the national discourse,but a member who is asking people to let science be their guide politely.

No word of nationalist sentiment is seen in my post,so I demand an apology for what you have written..

Let science be your guide,and write in a more civilised manner.The fact that you are a moderator means you are reuired to watch out your word more than us.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 09:35

Originally posted by Maju

I must say I am again shocked, astonished, ashamed and angry at the derivation of the discussion on what happened exactly during the Armenian Genocide to a massive barrickade to defend the honor of Turkey.

Please stop being so foolish: your nation like all others have commited crimes. And the only way to clarify which part belongs to whom is by dissapassionate and careful discussion.

In this regard I susggest all reasonable forumers to ignore the nationalist Turkish discourse and keep this topic as a rational discussion among people interested in knowing about the details and facts of the genocide.

It is a shame for this forum that when we try to discuss serious matters we are sabotaged by nationalist crap.

Amen, Maju

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 09:38

lol...You have given up to back up your own argument for the fact that a distinguished member thought he could eradicate the opposition argument with his heavily blaming and call to ignore.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 09:42
In reply to the original question: the genocide was organized and executed by the late Ottoman Government under cotrol of Enver Pasha, who organized a military Special Organization to deal with the issue. An estimated 1 million people were deported to other regions of the Ottoman Empire in conditions that practically guaranteed their extermination and under "scort" of this genocide Spacial Organization. Many were also internated in concentration camps, where there are disputed reports of burnings and gassings. It is estimated that about one million Armenians died in the massacre, while many others were forced to exile. After the takeover by the Young Turks, there were military trials that condemned to death "in absentia" to most of the leaders of the genocide, yet, for some reason, modern Turkey oficially always rejects the term genocide and prefers to talk obscurely of deaths in the midst of military turmoil. 

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 09:44
What argument  does the oppostion have? All you evidence that no genocide took place is based on some Turkish historians adn Gunther Lewy....who has been on a Turkish payroll for the past 20 years.

And dont you think its silly that it took 90 years for Turkey to open its archives? Destroying documents must have been a full time job...

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 09:46

judge? yeah  we have them  much.

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 09:46
What Ottoman government did to Armenians during their exile was cruel.

Many Armenians starved to death, some died because of poor weather conditions.

Some were killed by Turkish, Kurdish and Armenian bandits.

But Ottomans intended to re-locate them, nothing more.

There is no document of an order to destroy Armenians.

Sorry, although it is a very sad event, I can't define it as a genocide.

1.500.000... This number is incredibly exaggerated.

And we should not forget the other people who died around that region in those years.

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 09:50
ummmm...yes there is

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 09:51

Originally posted by mamikon

There are many reports by German ambassadors and government officials trying to control the trio, but couldnt.  

Are  you serious.Sorry my  friend.I can`t  understand  this.The  only  reason  why  "ottoman Empire"  was joined  the war  was  the  german  influence  on  the  trio.

We  are  just used.untill  the  armenians and  turks  understand  this  we can  discuss  about genocide.The  only reason teherefore is HATE.If  we  understand  that  we  got  used  like  loo  paper ,If we can understand  we were  friends  and  brothers  for  100s  of  years then we  can  speak  about  our  friendship.

Posted By: Maziar
Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 09:57

Genocide or not genocide, what do you call 1.5 milions of human's dead? maybe crime? Is it only the name "genocide" which makes you headache? ok i won't use it.

Can anyone tell me what was the reason for Armenian geno..... sorry, the crime on Armenians?

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 09:57

What argument  does the oppostion have? All you evidence that no genocide took place is based on some Turkish historians adn Gunther Lewy....who has been on a Turkish payroll for the past 20 years.

And dont you think its silly that it took 90 years for Turkey to open its archives? Destroying documents must have been a full time job...

May I invite you to stop lying..

All foreign historians are entitled to get access to archives easily.Otherwise how could there be tons of books about the Tyurkish history?I would not dare talk about what I didnt know...

Since a CIRCULAR REASOING is in question here,that is to say,some people have alredy decided the correctness of their arguments,there is no need to discuss..

This is an ethical mistake,but I can't help you guys on these for the fact that some already took up their arms

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 09:59

If  there were not war(there were not when jews killed), If  there were not armenian rebellions(no jews rebellion),  If  there  were not armenians  who  fight under france(again no jews cooperation with enemy of germany, and  I dont think there  were large minority  at france (like russia) at that times),would all of this armenian still die?

did ottomans have enough source to feed even themself? sarýkamýs or dardennellas show they had not.

when they have not enough source  for even feed themself, can they have enough source and power, to exile that much armenians without loss,  absolutely not.(main mistake of trio, but they did this mistakes for ottomans soldiers too)

probably nothing would change jews destinity, it is not  same for armenians.

did ottomans followed armenians at other country?  did ottomans killed or tried to kill every armenians? after ww1 there were 600.000 armenians in anatolia.

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 09:59
Originally posted by Maziar

Can anyone tell me what was the reason for Armenian geno..... sorry, the crime on Armenians?

Russia

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 10:15
Sorry but if that `alleged genocide ` is a fact , why everyone who says it happened prefers to go mad for something happened almost a century ago but don`t present scientific facts easily to defend their point of view ?

I mean isn`t it easier to give links to internationally accepted organizations or something like that which says `armenian genocide` is real.But instead they try to pasify everyone by writing angry posts.

I am turkish and I consider myself an open minded individual.I am not nationalist and I keep every door open until one of the possibilities is proven right.So far I`ve seen hundreds of discussions about that subject on different websites and forums.But noone presented real evidence except their and some politicians opinions.Usually the attitude was like the one here , ``it happened you are an idiot if you think it did not``
 That hardly proves anything.Somehow you`d have expect to see thousands of scientific evidence that easily accessible for something so `real`.
I am sorry if that really happened and if I sound insensitive about it but isn`t there a law that says `innocent until proven guilty` ? Turks are not one of the most popular people around europe and  I think some people prefer to accept this as a genocide way too easily.And of course there are always couple armenians to pasify anyone who question that decision.

Obviously this discussion won`t go anywhere because everyone expects what they think is absolute truth and noone will present scientific facts to prove their point.

SO Can I please ask moderators to close this thread to prevent further anger between the members of this community ?

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 11:02
Originally posted by o_irengun

Russia

Apparently, while the region later organized as Armenia was partly a Russian conquest, when the revolution happened in Russia, Ottomans send their troops southwards to fence off the British, while Russian army deployed there slowly disintegrated.

Can you explain me why a nation like Russia that was inmersed in a civil war could have influenced the events of Armenia?

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 11:22
Diplomat (and others): I just want everyone to discuss reasonably and respectfully about the facts and particularly about who was in charge when that happened, that after all was the simple question that started this topic.

I would prefer that discussion over the use of the term genocide would be left outbecause it only serves to throw dirt to each other. So let's discuss about the facts:

Fact 1: The late Ottoman government under Enver Pasha seems to have been the ultimate culprit.

Fact 2: This government organized a special military group to deal with the "Armenian problem".

Fact 3: The "Special Organization" carried the genocide/ethnic cleansing/massacre in the following way:
a) deportations in murderous conditions
b) concentration camps that have been reported to be death camps as well
c) on the ground killings

Fact 4: It is disputed the ammount of Armenians living in NE Turkey, most sources claim that abot 2 million, while Turk sources (and only these) claim that they were much less. In the same regard, the ammount of Armenian victims is disputed, being the highest claimed figure of about 1.5 million deaths.

Fact 5: images of the horror:

Source for the images (and some of the previous data): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_genocide - Wikipedia

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Posted By: Ponce de Leon
Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 11:35
So were the Armenians decendents of the Byzantines? Maybe since the byzantines and the turks fought each other before this is just the continuation of a centuries year old battle?

BTW: Those pictures are just awful

Posted By: Voyager
Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 11:40

I find it ridiculous that Turks call to the Armenian genocide (when more than a million persons were killed and expelled from their lands) a massacre and yet, they call genocide to the massacre of 10.000 Muslims in Srebenica during the Bosnian War.

Talk about double standards here.

Posted By: Iranian41ife
Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 11:51

turkey should just take responsibility, like germany did, and move on.

germany admitted its mistake yet they have just as much pride in their country now then they did before.

i dont know what turks are afraid of, just admit the genocide, the USA admits its genocide of Native Americans, germany admits its genocide against jews and other ethnicities, and turkey should too!

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 12:04

Diplomat (and others): I just want everyone to discuss reasonably and respectfully about the facts and particularly about who was in charge when that happened, that after all was the simple question that started this topic.

I would prefer that discussion over the use of the term genocide would be left outbecause it only serves to throw dirt to each other. So let's discuss about the facts:

Fact 1: The late Ottoman government under Enver Pasha seems to have been the ultimate culprit.

Fact 2: This government organized a special military group to deal with the "Armenian problem".

Fact 3: The "Special Organization" carried the genocide/ethnic cleansing/massacre in the following way:

Fact 4: It is disputed the ammount of Armenians living in NE Turkey, most sources claim that abot 2 million, while Turk sources (and only these) claim that they were much less. In the same regard, the ammount of Armenian victims is disputed, being the highest claimed figure of about 1.5 million deaths.

Fact 5: images of the horror:

Source for the images (and some of the previous data): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_genocide - Wikipedia
Do you call these Ottoman soldiers? Do they look like Ottoman soldiers, need glasses?

Be objective and dont act the wise guy out here

-------------
Bu mıntıka'nın Dayı'sı
http://imageshack.us - [IMG - http://www.allempires.com/forum/uploads/DayI/2006-03-17_164450_bscap021.jpg -

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 12:08
^^ how do you know that they arent ottoman soldiers? please explain...

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 12:31

prsn how do you know that they arent american soldiers?

same way.

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 12:32

Originally posted by o_irengun

Russia

Apparently, while the region later organized as Armenia was partly a Russian conquest, when the revolution happened in Russia, Ottomans send their troops southwards to fence off the British, while Russian army deployed there slowly disintegrated.

Can you explain me why a nation like Russia that was inmersed in a civil war could have influenced the events of Armenia?

Who  has influenced  or started Armenian Rebellion  on OTTOMAN EMPIRE ?  The  Russians  have  gave  the  start.

For ottoman  Empire  it was  a Armenian  Rebellion  in  East Anatolia.This rebellion  was   good  for russian benefits and they  have  support and  started  this rebellion.

Sorry  my  english is  not good  enough  to  explain  all  theories  and  all  facts  about  such  a  discussion.   

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 12:33
As I said before hundreds of times, pictures are totally irrelevant and meaningless.

How do we know whether they were Armenians or Turks?

How do we know whether they were killed or died becaused of a disase?

I think this one is fake. Skulls are clearly visible. Wouldn't that take years?

People are so convinced that we are brain-washed by our government, they fail to see the one of the greatest propagandas in the history.

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 12:36

Dont care who you are but watch youre words.

aaaa yetti ama artik, bilende konusuyo bilmiyende! Bu nasil idarecilik ya, biktim artik herzaman bu ermeni meselesiyle konu acilsa hep ayni kisiler sahneye cikip moralimi bozuyo ya. Savunabilcegi TEZI yok, baskasinin sikiyle gerdege girmeye calisiyolar ya. Karsi taraf konusunca "Nationalistic crap, fascists" yok ebenin ami o ç. Bunlar bizleri ne konusturmak istiyo nede onlarin tezlerini cürüttürmek istiyo, cevir cevir salla anam aynisini...

Artik bu isin bokunu cikariyosunuz!

-------------
Bu mıntıka'nın Dayı'sı

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 12:38
Originally posted by Mortaza

prsn how do you know that they arent american soldiers?

same way.

Ask it to that "proffessional spammer" in this forum who's thinks he a whise guy after became a mod. Let him give that answer, if he can...

-------------
Bu mıntıka'nın Dayı'sı

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 12:47

-------------
Bu mıntıka'nın Dayı'sı

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 12:50

Excuse me, but nobody tells me how I should think.

You better watch your words. You can't decide what happened in the history by yourself.

We are all disscussing here and I think we are all free to have different opinions.

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 12:52
Originally posted by DayI

I didn't notice it. Great work!   

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 12:54

Im waiting for "his" reply to my post with that picture.

I will make it easy for him;

-where they german soldiers? eurr no they where mostly on the southside and the westside of the country

-are they french soldiers? maybe

-are they russian soldiers? probably...

-------------
Bu mıntıka'nın Dayı'sı

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 12:57
Or is that picture fake too?

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 12:59

Look a ww1 russian soldier under:

Russian officer;

I can be wrong but i think ive seen that hat before...

-------------
Bu mıntıka'nın Dayı'sı

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 13:08
I really wonder how some people will react to this.

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 13:13
funny thing with the pictures is that many of them are prooved to be fake not by Turks but by experts.I didn't save the pictures and now I can't find them because clerly they stopped using them as propaganda and created new ones. lately I saw a picture of Turkish soldiers (republic of Turkey's) holding two People's (kurdish) heads chopped off and posing them to the camera.funny thing was soldiers had beard and mustache can you believe this? 

Posted By: Jagatai Khan
Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 13:20

Yes, fool Armenians attacked Ottoman towns while we are in a war, fool Ottoman government decided to deport them, fool Kurds attacked the deporting Armenians(to take revenge), and the fool world saying it was a genocide.

Now we have examples from the "world" here.

a)I/we agree this, yes, deportation conditions were terrible.
b-c)Can you tell what happened there, and especially "where were the concentration camps"?

The Ottoman Governement and army was really busy, they didn't established any camps.We are in a World War!And we don't have a time/place/money to build camps like Germany did.There aren't any ruins of any concentration camps in Turkey.

It is only a nonsense to create unreal camps.

It is disputed the ammount of Armenians living in NE Turkey, most sources claim that abot 2 million, while Turk sources (and only these) claim that they were much less. In the same regard, the ammount of Armenian victims is disputed, being the highest claimed figure of about 1.5 million deaths.

Dear Maju you seem doesn't know the history but talking so much.

The ground of Eastern Anatolia was dug lots of times but there weren't 1.5 million Armenians under it.We always ask to the world "if there were so much killings,where are the deaths?"

But there are lots of collective graves where the Turks massacred cruelly by Armenian Tashnak and Hincak.Those deaths are Turks, it was corrected genetically.

When we ask for witnesses Armenians say "oh,Turks killed so much that there aren't any witnesses lived" and lots of ridiculous nonsenses like these.

How a coincidence i think that it is a shame that our theories are sabotaged by crusader crap.

-------------

Posted By: pikeshot1600
Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 13:33

OK, people are starting to get their shorts in a knot here.

I ask everyone to stay calm and focused on the topic.  Let's not start throwing "crap," either nationalist or crusader.

Thanks all.

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 13:33
Tell me how did Armenian living in Cilicia and in the middle of Anatolia  constitute a threat to the Ottoman Empire. While the men were in the army, serving as laborers how were the women and children going to  rebel? were they all spies? And why has been your self proclaimed leader found quoting to LA examiner in 1926

Ataturk:
    These left-overs from the former Young Turk Party, who should have been made to account for the millions of our Christian subjects who were ruthlessly driven en masse, from their homes and massacred, have been restive under the Republican rule.

And these

Enver Pasha: The Ottoman Empire should be cleaned up of the Armenians and the Lebanese. We have destroyed the former by the sword, we shall destroy the latter through starvation. (May, 1916)

In reply to US Ambassador Morgenthau who was deploring the massacres against Armenians and attributing them to irresponsible subalterns and underlings in the distant provinces, Enver's reply was...

You are greatly mistaken. We have this country absolutely under our control. I have no desire to shift the blame onto our underlings and I am entirely willing to accept the responsibility myself for everything that has taken place.
Talaat Pasha: Turkey is taking advantage of the war in order to thoroughly liquidate (grundlich aufzaumen) its internal foes, i.e., the indigenous Christians, without being thereby disturbed by foreign intervention. (In a conversation with Dr. Mordtmann of the German Embassy in June 1915)

After the German Ambassador persistently brought up the Armenian question in 1918, Talat said "with a smile"...

What on earth do you want? The question is settled. There are no more Armenians.
Prince Abdul Hamid: (Son of the BLoody Sultan)
I refer to those awful massacres. They are the greatest stain that has ever disgraced our nation and race. They were entirely the work of Talat and Enver. I heard some days before they began that they were intended. I went to Istanbul and insisted on seeing Enver. I asked him if it was true that they intended to recommence the massacres which had been our shame and disgrace under Abdul Hamid. The only reply I could get from him was: 'It is decided. It is the program.'

I dont even want to get started on non-Turkish people

But I am sure you think all of these are made up by fanatic Armenians, right?

First you say: "They killed us, we never killed them"

Then: "ok we both died, in same numbers"

Then: "ok, "only" 200,000 Armenians died because of famine and disease, we never intended to harm them"

Then: "ok, they did die of war but our government was never behind it, people die during war"

Now: "ok, our government was behind it, but we just wanted to deport them so they would not get in the way of "harm""

Soon: "The Turkish Government hereby apologizes for the the Genocide of 1.5 millions of Armenians during WWI in the hands of the Young Turk Government" hopefully...

http://www.armeniapedia.org/index.php?title=Talat_Pasha" title="Talat Pasha - - - -

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 13:36
I had sworn never, ever to intervene again in a discussion about the question, if indeed the deliberate murder of a large number of Armenian people did take place in Turkey during WW1.
So, I'm not discussing this here, especially as I'm not a professional “Armenian genocide” partisan of either side, unlike others on AE.
I just want to say that I find it tragic and disappointing that an entire nation and most of its people, with some notable exceptions, will not bring it upon them to discuss to a rather unpleasant episode in their history, never mind to own up to it.
As a German I can recommend the process of coming to terms with one's history, sometimes a difficult and painful undertaking, but one that once it finished strengthens the country's civil society. It took the Germans 25 years and caused a deep conflict between generations, but it the end we came out the better for it. Maybe it's time to do the same.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 13:37
what's the population of Armenia today? I assume it is 3 million.what's the diaspora Armenians population in other countries? I assume it is another  million 3 million?

what was the population of Armenians in 1915?    

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 13:46
I think those sentences belong to different people. Not one person as in different time periods.

Even if so called Armenian genocide is proved to be true, how can the Turkish Republic, which one was founded in 1923, be responsible for an event which occured in 1915?

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 13:52

what's the population of Armenia today? I assume it is 3 million.what's the diaspora Armenians population in other countries? I assume it is another  million 3 million?

Their population is 8  or   9 million. Dont  ask me why  numbers are so large, when they have  one of biggest asimilation rate.

mamikon

If a turk refuse exile just shut  him, exile made  with a  law  named  "techir kanunu"

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 13:54

Originally posted by Komnenos

I had sworn never, ever to intervene again in a discussion about the question, if indeed the deliberate murder of a large number of Armenian people did take place in Turkey during WW1.
So, I'm not discussing this here, especially as I'm not a professional “Armenian genocide” partisan of either side, unlike others on AE.
I just want to say that I find it tragic and disappointing that an entire nation and most of its people, with some notable exceptions, will not bring it upon them to discuss to a rather unpleasant episode in their history, never mind to own up to it.
As a German I can recommend the process of coming to terms with one's history, sometimes a difficult and painful undertaking, but one that once it finished strengthens the country's civil society. It took the Germans 25 years and caused a deep conflict between generations, but it the end we came out the better for it. Maybe it's time to do the same.
I had also sworn to never discuss such topics in my life, but maju did lead me in it with his bias.

Also some pics can be prooved fake by a logical person. Really you musnt be a "genius" to find that fakement in those pictures, can i also ask to the poster where those pictures from, wich part of Turkey? Also i wanna have more "genocide" pictures with soldiers in it. 

And my sources are simply google by searching "russian soldier wwi" and "russian ww1" search results are http://images.google.be/images?svnum=10&hl=nl&lr=&q=russian+soldier+wwi - http://images.google.be/images?svnum=10&hl=nl&lr=&am p;q=russian+soldier+wwi

http://www.satiche.org.uk/vinbbp/phot2859.jpg - http://www.satiche.org.uk/vinbbp/phot2859.jpg  

i have more to post, but ill stop it here till a responce of that troublemaker.

-------------
Bu mıntıka'nın Dayı'sı

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 13:57
Originally posted by Komnenos

Yes, it is a sad and unforunate event, but not a genocide.

By the way, isn't it strange that the people whose ancestors were directly affected by Armenian re-location do not complain about it?

I have seen a documentery about the Armenians who live around Northern Syria and Hatay. The people definetely do not hate us. (I wouldn't blame them, if they did.)

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 13:57
I know of these sentences to be well documented,  and "not by another people", I kind of expected that reply.

The Turkish Republic is responsible for denying it and supressing its recognition elsewhere. If maybe in 1920s it made a formal apology to Armenians, its World image could have been much, much better. I am pretty sure that most Turkish individuals abroad are sick and tired of people scoffing and disregarding them, just because their government is still foolish enough to deny the recognition (even if the individuals themselves recognize it).

You might be oblivious to this, but there are more and more books coming out now describing "Turkish collective memory lapses".

I wonder, what is written in your history books about the year 1878.

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:01
Originally posted by barish

By the way, isn't it strange that the people whose ancestors were directly affected by Armenian re-location do not complain about it?

I have seen a documentery about the Armenians who live around Northern Syria and Hatay. The people definetely do not hate us. (I wouldn't blame them, if they did.)

Are you kidding me? the people whose ancestors were directly affected by Armenian re-location are the primary people who are "complaining", the deportation is the only reason that there are so many Armenian populations abroad. Those who live in free countries only dare to speak of the Armenian Genocide. I do not think it would be wise for Christian Armenians in Muslim Syria talk badly about Muslim Turkey (even though the two countries dont have that good of relations)

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:02
I am still expecting an answer from Maju for that picture.

Dayý clearly pointed out one of the mistakes, why don't people make any comment about it?

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:07
does it even matter barish?     

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:09

Are you kidding me? the people whose ancestors were directly affected by Armenian re-location are the primary people who are "complaining", the deportation is the only reason that there are so many Armenian populations abroad. Those who live in free countries only dare to speak of the Armenian Genocide. I do not think it would be wise for Christian Armenians in Muslim Syria talk badly about Muslim Turkey (even though the two countries dont have that good of relations)

Religion doesn't have anything to do with this subject.

I think we all know what happens in those free countries. More popularity among Armenians, more votes...

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:12

Originally posted by barish

I am still expecting an answer from Maju for that picture.

Dayý clearly pointed out one of the mistakes, why don't people make any comment about it?

Cuz i simply saw it and know it on a Turkish TV channel pointed out those fakeness. It is simply taken from the Russians of their civil wars + its photoshopped, here another photoshop skillz that let make me laugh:

A simply photo taken infront of a school (or church you can see it on their back) with all the employee and students (even not in Turkey, cuz in those times you had medresses and the teachers and stuff had weared saryk) also if you can see the Ottomans did teach English in those classes :

-------------
Bu mıntıka'nın Dayı'sı

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:18
Very poor moderation . Letting some people to manipulate subject by putting dead people pictures.If I put better pictures would it make me right?

Great first day for me here , I dont think this forum is for intelligent discussions but instead nationalist BS and propaganda.
If you can take criticism....

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:21
Oh yeah the copy machines were in full supply in impoverished Armenia

Want pictures? here

http://www.armenian-genocide.org/photo_wegner.html - http://www.armenian-genocide.org/photo_wegner.html

http://www.armenian-genocide.org/photo_elder.html -

Posted By: Spartakus
Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:22

Originally posted by Raven

Very poor moderation . Letting some people to manipulate subject by putting dead people pictures.If I put better pictures would it make me right?

Great first day for me here , I dont think this forum is for intelligent discussions but instead nationalist BS and propaganda.
If you can take criticism....

Don't be an idiot.

-------------
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:32
[QUOTE=Spartakus]

Don't be an idiot.

/QUOTE]

Why not? Is this title belongs to you ?

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:34

the armenian genocide is as real as the holocaust and as real as the genocide against native americans...

you can keep denying it, but by the reasons you turks give of why the armenian genocide didnt happen, they could also apply to why the holocaust didnt happen, yet we all know it did, so did the armenian genocide!

you guys say that the photos are fake, well what if someone today says the pictures of the holocaust are fake?

you guys say that in war people die, well, cant someone say the samething about the holocaust?

you can say that the camps were just not well taken care of because of lack of resources, well cant the same be said of the holocaust?

if you deny the armenian genocide, then you deny the holocaust, then you deny the Native American genocide, and you deny every other genocide that has ever taken place!

Posted By: Spartakus
Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:36

No,it belonges to you.Judging a forum like this in such a manner with only 7 posts,shows high levels of stupidity.

-------------
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 14:39
It's like the good old days on AE.
Come back when you all have calmed down.
In the meantime you can read all the old threads on Armenia.
Have fun!

Closed.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jan-2006 at 16:10
I briefly unlocked it to post a seemingly necessary note: all posted images are in the Wikipedia article. The one of the skulls is described as burned armenians, I can't comment on the uniforms, they might be Russian soldiers for what I know.

After clearing that up I re-lock the well locked topic.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com