Print Page | Close Window

Beauty

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: Scholarly Pursuits
Forum Name: Intellectual discussions
Forum Discription: Discuss political and philosophical theories, religious beliefs and other academic subjects
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8017
Printed Date: 23-Apr-2024 at 15:14
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Beauty
Posted By: TheDiplomat
Subject: Beauty
Date Posted: 02-Jan-2006 at 09:26
Beauty emerges with the silence of existance

-------------
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Replies:
Posted By: Jay.
Date Posted: 02-Jan-2006 at 12:04
uhhh?

Posted By: Heraclius
Date Posted: 02-Jan-2006 at 12:32
 And on that bombshell............

-------------
A tomb now suffices him for whom the world was not enough.

Posted By: Tobodai
Date Posted: 03-Jan-2006 at 04:35
Beauty emerges when a tall sexy, sassy black woman with spunk and a large afro breaks the silence of existence by startin gup the funk music.

-------------
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton

Posted By: Constantine XI
Date Posted: 03-Jan-2006 at 04:40
Beauty is nature's way of tricking us into having sex. Sex is nature's way of tricking us into reproducing 

-------------

Posted By: Jay.
Date Posted: 03-Jan-2006 at 14:40
^^ LOL!

Posted By: Jhangora
Date Posted: 03-Jan-2006 at 15:14

-------------
Jai Badri Vishal

Posted By: BMC21113
Date Posted: 03-Jan-2006 at 16:20

Originally posted by TheDiplomat

Beauty emerges with the silence of existance

-Beauty emerges through the eye of the beholder. Beauty is defined through personal preferance, personal interpretation and personal prejudice. The individual always determines the nature and value of beauty, thus beauty is no more than the minds creation. The nature of man is that of value, that where all things have different degrees of worth. What makes Da Vinci's art priceless? Can the value of a musical genius such as Beethoven really be determined by means other than human appreciation? Beauty represents the traits we have been conditioned to appreciate. The definition of beauty varies by that which is viewed as beautiful. It is impossible to compare the beauty of a striking lady to that of say the beauty which we see in our countries flag. Beauty is determined by that which is beautiful to the observer, thus beauty can always hold many forms.

-How could beauty emerge with the silence of existence? The silence of existence can mean either: (A)- The item ceases to exist, or (B)- That which exists is unobservable or literally silent, depending on how you wish to interpret the statement. If an item ceases to exist, then that item can not be viewed as beautiful. However, beauty can emerge from something that once did not exist. For example, the beauty of a new born child or the beautiful sound played from a saxophone that has never been played is beauty that emerges as new. Non-existence can produce beauty, thus beauty can emerge with the silence of existence in this first interpretation. For the second option, the statement must be broken into two alternate questions. First, can that which is unobservable be considered as beautiful? and Can that which is silent be considered beautiful? For the first question, let's use an example concerning human spirituality. The love people have for their god is considered beautiful to many, but God can not be observed at this point in time. Whether or not there is a god is not the idea of interest here, but rather whether or not that god or love for the god can be considered beautiful? If the love for a god which is unobservable brings a person happiness, than yes, we can say that their god is beautiful for what they bring into their lives. Now, it is easy to answer the second question. Can that which is silent be considered beautiful. Simply, can that which does not make sound be considered beautiful? The writings of Shakespeare make no sound unless they are read aloud. The stars in the sky make no sound that can be heard through the human ear. Many would agree that these things are beautiful, thus answering the second question.

-Beauty emerges with the silence of existence.  Beauty actually emerges through the mind, but that beauty can emerge through the silence of existence depending on how you wish to examine the statement.

-------------
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"-George Washington
"The art of war is, in the last result, the art of keeping one's freedom of action."-Xenophon

Date Posted: 04-Jan-2006 at 11:23

-------------
Jai Badri Vishal

Date Posted: 04-Jan-2006 at 11:31

Thanks Jhangora

The flower made me aware of my existance...

one can reach perefct silence if he focuses on it.

-------------

Date Posted: 06-Jan-2006 at 08:18

-------------
Jai Badri Vishal

Posted By: Amedeo
Date Posted: 18-Jan-2006 at 14:57

-------------
--Amedeo the Magna-Graecian
** Veritas, Justitia, Pulchritudo, Amoenitas **

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 11:28

-------------

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 13:49

Originally posted by Amedeo

Instead of engaging in a general phenomenology of beauty (or proceeding through an analytical comparison of the inserted pictures), let's ask ourselves:

What is beauty ["the beautiful", "To Kalon"] in music?

Lets stick to the topic Amedeo.You may start a new thread to discuss what is beauty in music.

-------------
Jai Badri Vishal

Posted By: Kalevipoeg
Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 18:07
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder to the limit where 200 pounds of man flesh is crossed. Nobody feels attracted towards fat people when you regard physical beauty and that is what matters most of the time. There is no eye of the beholder when you have a donut eating, jeans wearing mass of blob and a model walking side by side, it is all chemistry and survial of the species. I don't believe in "I love whats inside of her/him." Nobody can tolerate only living with the insides of someone when they are repulsively ugly on the outside. Self deception and waiting the day you die will help tolerate that kind of a situation better, but not "pink, fluffy love."

Every person isn't beautiful, actually most are obscene and ugly when they take their clothes off. Everybody loves beautiful people, me too.

Of course esthetics has a more spiritual side. You can spot the beauty of the skies and hills around you, the beauty of feelings and the things you can't even grasp with your mind or the beauty of a dieing person. But still, our world is mainly rules by human physical beauty.

-------------
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...

Date Posted: 31-Jan-2006 at 18:12
And doesn't anyone share my opinion that infants are scary and ugly on their first months, something like a hairless ape with shut eyes that extracts ooze and desires food for his/her future pointless existance. A really morbid creature in that aspect.

-------------
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...

Date Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 00:56
[

-------------

Date Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 01:00
[

-------------

Date Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 07:27

Originally posted by Jhangora

Instead of engaging in a general phenomenology of beauty (or proceeding through an analytical comparison of the inserted pictures), let's ask ourselves:

What is beauty ["the beautiful", "To Kalon"] in music?

Lets stick to the topic Amedeo.You may start a new thread to discuss what is beauty in music.

I read that the thread is about BEAUTY. By the beauty of music, of paitinng, or architecture, of nature, and of other sundry things IS beauty. It cannot be different from itself. Therefore, he who speaks of beauty in music shall have spoken of that beauty which is shared by all other things.

OK then,continue discussing in this thread.

-------------
Jai Badri Vishal

Date Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 09:57

Originally posted by Kalevipoeg

And doesn't anyone share my opinion that infants are scary and ugly on their first months, something like a hairless ape with shut eyes that extracts ooze and desires food for his/her future pointless existance. A really morbid creature in that aspect.

Hey I agree..But after a few months,they turn out to be angels...I love watching them while sleeping...It make me so peaceful inside.

-------------

Posted By: DukeC
Date Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 11:48
truth is beauty

-------------

Date Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 15:33
[

-------------

Posted By: DukeC
Date Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 16:16

Truth in the sense of being genuine. Beauty is natures way of letting us know when something is genuine.

Take the picture that Jhangora posted of the Taj Mahal as an example. I doubt it would evoke the emotion it does now if it was built as a monument to the Moguls power and wealth. It was built as a monument to a mans genuine love for a woman and we percieve it as beautiful.

-------------

Date Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 16:25
Most of my posts are constructed in haste and are a blur for most. I am very aware of that and i don't expect to get to the root of the problem in the near future, but i'll give here, the point i tried to give in my first post.

I believe that physical beauty is mainly, mostly (in a 99% range)  not in the eyes of the beholder. There are limits for beauty - weight, disformity, height.  There hardly exists a person who finds one-legged men or women beautiful, or an obese person as an example of beauty. People who say that they believe that everyone is beautiful will most certainly back off from their statement when you point a finger at an obese person and ask if he/she is beuatiful. It is a pink lie that makes me sick sometimes as it is said over and over again these days where everyone is "equal". Well they are not - there are beautiful people, ugly people and all other categories that fit between those two and that is a flat out truth.

Then there is the beauty where the eye of the beholder works in reality. Like philosophy, art and everything intellectual and esthetical that fits under that dome. But there are exceptions when regarding physical beauty - a minor percentage will find obese people attractive when they have a certain fetish, or are, let's say, are "kinky", but even that can be argued if it is beautiful. Mostly just physical attraction, something deeply sexual. But this intellectual beauty is much more varied and the effect of the eye of the beholder can be widely proven. In this category, people see and don't see beauty in some objects or essences and ii is much more varied then physical beauty where beauty can be acctually measured in physical measurments like your height or nose size. But almost all will argue if Tolstoi is a piece of world literature or maybe just a piece of crap. Everybody sees beauty differently in this category, the spiritual-intellectual-esthetical category, but not in the physical category of beauty where it is set by physical measurments, not the eye of the beholder.

Bollocks, this post isn't any clearer then the previous i suppose, oh well.

-------------

Date Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 16:33
[

-------------

Posted By: demon
Date Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 21:52

I am willing to take risks claming that there will be someone who will always blurt out "beauty depends on the individual!"  I honestly think that there is in fact a universal law that determines beauty, despite deviations from an ideal physical lookings. 

We can all be nice, courteous, mannered, sincere, and loving to others.  That's the type of beauty that everone can reconcile with. 

Yes, you might say that a ripe breasted godess with big ass might seem attractive, but consider the chronology of events that will follow based upon that particular assumption.  You are infatuated with the physical aspect of hers.  You have sex with her.  For around 6 months.  By that time, you'd definately become tired of her and move on.  On the other hand, if you meet someone who understands you and fulfils the equation of love and all that, you'd last longer- perhaps for a lifetime. 

Those were my thoughts. 

Beauty emerges when a tall sexy, sassy black woman with spunk and a large afro breaks the silence of existence by startin gup the funk music.

Negative- your description fits a physically fit Black nympho.

truth is beauty

So Oedipus Rex killing his own father and marrying his own mother is "beauty"?

-------------
Grrr..

Posted By: Omar al Hashim
Date Posted: 02-Feb-2006 at 23:48
Originally posted by DukeC

truth is beauty

Sometimes truth is ugly.

-------------

Date Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 15:33
Physical beauty: Something that fits between very certain bodily measurements of the body. Proportion is also important. 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com