Print Page | Close Window

Best goverment

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: Scholarly Pursuits
Forum Name: Intellectual discussions
Forum Discription: Discuss political and philosophical theories, religious beliefs and other academic subjects
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7066
Printed Date: 24-Apr-2024 at 19:08
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Best goverment
Posted By: Genghis Khan II
Subject: Best goverment
Date Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 17:20

I was just wondering what people thought

If I didnt put all of them then sorry but those were all I knew

-------------
Evolution is dead they just forgot to bury the body.

Logic is the best kind of evedence, science is only second best.

Replies:
Posted By: Infidel
Date Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 17:28
Democracy, of course.

-------------
An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 17:41
This is a little odd list of choices. Democracy does not exclude constitutional monarchy, republic, constitutional republic, or even communism. Republic does not exclude communisme, dictatorship, and constitutional republic. etc.

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 17:44
There are mistakes in the poll choices:

● Anarchy is not a form of government. It's more like a system where there is no government.

● Dictatorship is a republic where there is no democracy.

● Communism is a system that you can establish in a republic.

-------------

Posted By: Perseas
Date Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 18:05
Well, while i cant say democracy necessarily matches my definition of ideal government, it is the best possible government that we can establish.  On another point there appears to be some ethnocentrism usually at topics like that. Most of the times the majority are Westerners who have lived under democracy all their lives. Whether democracy is the best form of government for all countries around the world, is different to whether it is the best form of government for the West.

-------------
A mathematician is a person who thinks that if there are supposed to be three people in a room, but five come out, then two more must enter the room in order for it to be empty.

Posted By: ArmenianSurvival
Date Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 19:10
The best and worst forms of government are dictatorships. If the dictator is benevolent and giving, the people will benefit more from his rule than under any other form of government. If the dictator is selfish, he will enhance his power as much as he can, making the people suffer in turn. I think it was Aristotle or Socrates that said something along those lines, although im not sure which one.

-------------
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։

Date Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 19:35
I had a History teatcher who used to say that the best form of government was an illuminated despotism

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 19:46
I agree with ArmenianSurvival.

I know that dictatorship does not have a negative meaning...

But let's call the good dictatorship authoritarian leadership, and call the bad one simply dictatorship.

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 20:20

Originally posted by Barış

● Anarchy is not a form of government. It's more like a system where there is no government.

I put anarchy in because there are some people, most notably american teens, who think anarchy is the way to go

I put those other ones because there are some major diferences in them

Some people dont know that and would vote "other"

-------------

Posted By: OSMANLI
Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 10:30

Sharia.

The form of government used by the Caliph Umar.

It has proved its self many a time as a success when applied fully. Just look at the first four caliphs. Howabout Moorish Spain.

When ever they started to leave the way of the Sharia then their downfall was obvious.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 10:39
Are you joking? I think it is one of the worst systems.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 12:52
democracy..

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 13:00

Baris, please explain why. You can not make such a negative comment with out backing your thoughts. I really would like to know since all i see is beauty with the Sharia political system

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 13:18
Depends my friend. I find the islamic juridisprudence rather questionable. Cutting robber's hand off, stoning or slashing adulterers to death or even death penalty for apostasy are quite barbaric, IMO. This sharia, no thanks. Freedom of choice and of speech, please. 

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 14:10
OSMANLI, I think Infidel's words spoke for me this time.

Don't get me wrong. I am not against Islam, but any system that's under some kind of religious influence.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 14:29

If you look at the facts the Shariet system was revolutionary in the field of womens rights.

The Sharia system promotes equality between races.

The Muslim empires under a TRUE Sharia system have been well documented, even in the west for their excelent relations with their Kafir (non-Muslim) citizens. When Christain Spain (under a monarchy regime) was expelling the Jews from Spain it was the Muslims who gave them a home, thus complying with the rules of the Sharia. Muslims following the Sharia will never forcefully enforce Islam on Kafirs.

Muslim nations with Shariet law have low crime rates. (Note: no Muslim country at present follows the doctrines of the Sharia 100%, thus their failings cannot be blamed upon this system)

Past empires following a Sharia systems have excelled in various non-religious field, Science, Mathematic, astronomy etc

Freedom of speech is allowed, aslong as there comments are in a way that is trying for the progress of the nation. Thus comments that promote racism, terrorism, prejedice etc will not be allowed. A women in the time of the Caliph Umar once disagreed with the doing of the Caliph. She decided to put across view by shouting to the Caliph "Umar, fear Allah". One of the Caliph's freinds was angered and wanted thewomen punished. Instead Caliph Umar said that what the women has said is positive and was correct in doing so. The Caliph thanks to the women then decided on a more better route for his decision.

The points that i have put across is what i think of when i think of the Sharia political system.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 14:56
Originally posted by OSMANLI

If you look at the facts the Shariet system was revolutionary in the field of womens rights.

When compared to Pre-Islamic Arabs? Yes.

When compared to Pre-Islamic Turks? Definitely not.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 15:00

When compared to the majority of the pre-Islami world, esp. Europe? Yes.

How about the rest, do you approve or disaprove?

-------------

Posted By: Perseas
Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 15:01

Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

The best and worst forms of government are dictatorships. If the dictator is benevolent and giving, the people will benefit more from his rule than under any other form of government. If the dictator is selfish, he will enhance his power as much as he can, making the people suffer in turn. I think it was Aristotle or Socrates that said something along those lines, although im not sure which one.

It will be a blessing, a person with the greatest possible combination of benevolence, wisdom, compassion, integrity, etc to have the power of a dictator. The country would become far much better but the problem arises where to find such a man. If you look at it objectively, it might be possible to find a person like that but subjectively it isn't. Btw it wasnt only Aristotle who spoke about this but also Plato in his Republic who suggested that Philosophers ought to lead a society to a kinda benevolent dictatorship in order to take humanity into the light.

-------------
A mathematician is a person who thinks that if there are supposed to be three people in a room, but five come out, then two more must enter the room in order for it to be empty.

Posted By: Maju
Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 15:18

Well, in this sense it can be called a form of gorvernment too. Even if it is (by definition) the form of government that excludes any sort of conventional government.

Anarchy, as the political project of Anarchism actually is a radically participative/democratic, decentralized and communist reality. In this sense it is a form of government.

Actually there can be dictaorships in Monarchies as well. For instance Mussolini's (as prime minister of his puppet majesty) or Saudi Arabia, where the king holds absolute power directly.

As a matter of fact not: Communism as defined by communists is the same as as Anarchy as defined by anarchists. The diference is that anarchists go directly to it (and fail), while communists go through the pragmatic way of the state (and fail equally).

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 15:40
Originally posted by Maju

Actually there can be dictaorships in Monarchies as well. For instance Mussolini's (as prime minister of his puppet majesty) or Saudi Arabia, where the king holds absolute power directly.

No, there can't be. I mean, that system would be called Absolute Monarchy.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 17:13

Mussolini's Italy was definately a dictatorship, while it was no absolute monarchy. There was a king (Victorio Emmanuele) but Mussolini held almost all the power. Also most absolute monarchies nowadays function the same way as dictatorships.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 17:33
Absolute monarchies and dictatorships are practically the same thing. What makes them differ are just formalities.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 17:44

I would also like to note that America is actualy a Constitutional Republic which is in-between republic and democracy though much closer to a democracy

Athens democracy is the true form of democracy just very far down the lader. Constitutional republic branched off from it though.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 17:56
Originally posted by Genghis Khan II

Athens democracy is the true form of democracy just very far down the lader. Constitutional republic branched off from it though.

Athenian democracy wasn't a democracy at all, approximately four fifths of the population had absolutely nothing to say in political affairs. The Athenian democracy is one of the most overrated things in history anyway.

I would also like to note that America is actualy a Constitutional Republic which is in-between republic and democracy though much closer to a democracy

There's a huge overlap between constitutional republic, republic and democracy. The USA is all of them (though not really democratic any more).

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 18:01
Can you tell me the exact difference between a republic and a democracy? I want definitions, not examples.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 18:26

To Mixcoatl (Is that an I or an L at the end of your name) I said very far down the lader in which i meant VEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY far down the lader.

To Baris the diference are these. In a democracy People can just walk in and make desisions at any time Also if any socal clases are formed it is like Men, women, slaves (For athens) not preists, Noblemen, and slaves. Not that I am saying So

In a normal republic (Roman is considered the standard normal)  there is no constitution. also there is very few rights the citezens have (Most of todays republics are "Democratic Republics" and I should have put that in the poll choices instead of republic) There are diferent social groups and they usualy are something like Preists, noblemen, slaves. also you must vote for leaders not just walk in. Those are the main diferences

Constitutional Republic is diferent from both because it has the same rights as democracy, More freedom than republic but Its people must still vote for its leaders. And this is seperate but sometimes republics and democracys have no contitution. Constitutional Republic has to have a constitution.

From now on regard Republic as "democratic republic"

and sorry if you have a hard time understanding. It is kind of complex and techincal.

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 18:29

Can you tell me the exact difference between a republic and a democracy?

there is no 'difference' between republic and democracy, because there is a partial overlap. A republic is basically any country that is not ruled by a monarch. A republic can be an olicarchy, a dictatorship, a democracy, etc. A democracy is a country that is governed (directly or indirectly by the people). A democracy can be a republic, but it can also be a (constitutional) monarchy.

So many countries are both a democracy and a republic.

-------------

Date Posted: 21-Nov-2005 at 23:10
Its called a democratic republic. Governments are the most disagreed, pointless, subject. All people argue is how to divide them and their definitions so it depends on what your schoolbooks say (or said). I plan to write a short reference book someday on governments.

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Nov-2005 at 04:54

And where's the diference between a "dictatorship" as that of Syria, for instance, where Bashad inherits Assad and an "absolute monarchy"? Where would you put Napoleon? Where the elective (otherwise absolute) monarchies of Goths, Romans, etc.?

Dictatorship is just one thing, no matter what silks it dresses.

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Posted By: Herodotus
Date Posted: 23-Nov-2005 at 10:09

Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

That is true, assuming that the best government is that which does most in the interest of the common good. Freedom is not only the condition necessary for prosperity, but may be an end unto itself.

-------------
"Dieu est un comdien jouant une assistance trop effraye de rire."
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Francois Marie Arouet, Voltaire

Date Posted: 23-Nov-2005 at 13:56

Its imposible to seperate governments entirely but you can generalize. It is of very little use to argue over the division of governments. However a game I got has given me an idea to separete them. It is refered to in the game as civics and it would work. In fact i will put those in my reference book but change them to real life.

Back to the subjuct it is useless to try to divide governments. just as useless as trying to divide oceans. So you are wasting your time if you want to debate the separations of governments.

-------------

Date Posted: 23-Nov-2005 at 14:23
Originally posted by Genghis Khan II

I put anarchy in because there are some people, most notably american teens, who think anarchy is the way to go.

I don't think you or those teens know the true meaning of Anarchy. No, it's not a chaotic environment, everyone doing what they want to.

It's government-less system, which you can achieve after some huge social revolutions. It's rather an utopian form of Communism.

NOTE: Ignore this post, if you know the true meaning of Anarchy.

-------------

Posted By: Mosquito
Date Posted: 23-Nov-2005 at 17:04
I will follow national tradition of my country and say that the best goverment is such that is not ruling at all...

Posted By: kotumeyil
Date Posted: 23-Nov-2005 at 17:12

Democracy is a decision making mechanism, in which people participate in the decision making process.

Republic is a form of government, which has the people as the source of sovereignty and legitimizes itself on this basis..

-------------
[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">

Date Posted: 30-Nov-2005 at 05:19

The Shariet system.

As you can see there is a similarity with democracy. Many people think of a Shariet as some sort of Saddam Hussein style government, Which it clearly isnt.

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Nov-2005 at 12:51

Osmanli.... good info, but can u provide ur source please...

it is helpful for others to learn more if u can provide the citation of ur source retrieval... (*this refer to any information provide in AE)

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Nov-2005 at 13:11

The Shariet system.

As you can see there is a similarity with democracy. Many people think of a Shariet as some sort of Saddam Hussein style government, Which it clearly isnt.

Actually it's more like an absolute monarchy with a consultive parlament or any other form of organized tyranny.  Even Mussolini and Franco had consultative chambers - I think even Nazi Germany had one.

Can anyone tell me in what exactly was the "Saddam Hussein system" was diference from the scheme that Osmanli posted above?

-------------

NO GOD, NO MASTER!

Posted By: Behi
Date Posted: 30-Nov-2005 at 13:50
& the best one is  Islamic MullahismBig smile

-------------

Posted By: Frederick Roger
Date Posted: 30-Nov-2005 at 14:35

Originally posted by Infidel

I had a History teatcher who used to say that the best form of government was an illuminated despotism

Your History teacher was damn right. Especially if he was reffering to Portugal. That's the only regime that worked properly in this country...

It's just like Robert Wilson says: we need a SoB every now and then to straighten things up...

-------------

Posted By: Dragon
Date Posted: 30-Nov-2005 at 16:12

I'm pretty sure that there is no such thing as illuminated despotism, rather, its called enlightened despotism.  And yes, I believe that this was certainly the best form of government other than democracy.  You can't argue too much with a guy like Voltaire, he feared the power that democracy would give to the unenlightened populace.  I'd have to agree with him, based on some of the choices of leader that have been made by the world's most dominant democracy.

-------------
History is the study of the past that we may understand the present.

Posted By: dark_one
Date Posted: 30-Nov-2005 at 17:26
 I was the only guy who put down dictatorship.
Communism, but not in the real sense, but rather the Soviet version.

Posted By: Kalevipoeg
Date Posted: 30-Nov-2005 at 18:01
The Soviet version? Wasn't that the one that failed in its natural progress?

-------------
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...

Posted By: gcle2003
Date Posted: 30-Nov-2005 at 18:09

Actually it's more like an absolute monarchy with a consultive parlament or any other form of organized tyranny.  Even Mussolini and Franco had consultative chambers - I think even Nazi Germany had one.

Can anyone tell me in what exactly was the "Saddam Hussein system" was diference from the scheme that Osmanli posted above?

There's theory and there's practice.

The Iraqi Constitution during Saddam's rule is at

http://www.cleverley.org/areopagus/docs/misc/iraq.html - http://www.cleverley.org/areopagus/docs/misc/iraq.html

You can draw your own conclusions as to how far it reflected reality.

-------------

Date Posted: 01-Dec-2005 at 03:54

Now look carefully. Now what made come to the conclusion that the above Sharia system is like a monarchy or a dictatorship. It clearly shows that elections take place. I think as soon as you heard the word 'Sharia' you did not even bother looking, rather you fell into the usuall stereotype.

Iam pleased to say that the Sharia system is unlike any man-made system in the world. Diffrent from communism, monarchy, democracy, capatilism etc. All these man-made laws have all failed misarably whether economically or socially.

-------------

Posted By: sedamoun
Date Posted: 01-Dec-2005 at 04:36
A WORKING Democracy ! Not fake ones like... (there are so many examples, just pick one).

-------------

Posted By: El Pollo Loco
Date Posted: 01-Dec-2005 at 11:02

Whats one of the examples? Whats a fake democracy?

-------------

Posted By: Vamun Tianshu
Date Posted: 01-Dec-2005 at 16:09

Fuedalism definitely.

-------------

In Honor

Posted By: oTToMAn_TurK
Date Posted: 02-Dec-2005 at 05:21

After analyzing this diagram for a while, i think it isnt as bad and old fashioned then many would think. it isnt unrealistic for a modern country to implement this government structure. if you's look at it clearly then it seems that the system looks alot like a modern day democracy style.

this system can be used through out all time. in my eyes its a perfect system

-------------
Either your a slave to what MADE-MAN
Or your a slave to what MAN-MADE

Posted By: Ahmed The Fighter
Date Posted: 02-Dec-2005 at 05:56

Constitutional Monarchy.

I think there must be a figurehead as a symbole for all his own people

-------------
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid

Posted By: gcle2003
Date Posted: 02-Dec-2005 at 05:59
Originally posted by oTToMAn_TurK

After analyzing this diagram for a while, i think it isnt as bad and old fashioned then many would think. it isnt unrealistic for a modern country to implement this government structure. if you's look at it clearly then it seems that the system looks alot like a modern day democracy style.

this system can be used through out all time. in my eyes its a perfect system

It seems at the bottom line that Muslims get two votes to one for everyone else.

There also seems to be a heavy implication of religious barriers to office.

That's what stops it being a perfect system.

-------------

Date Posted: 02-Dec-2005 at 06:11
This is how Muslims should be governed. Practising Muslims need a practising Islamic government, as is mentioned in religious doctrine.

-------------

Posted By: arch.buff
Date Posted: 06-Dec-2005 at 02:09

Has to be democracy, what other system of government allows the people(majority.....in most cases) to have a voice and action?

Date Posted: 06-Dec-2005 at 08:13

Originally posted by arch.buff

Has to be democracy, what other system of government allows the people(majority.....in most cases) to have a voice and action?
fascism, though that's in a perverted way

-------------

Posted By: Genghis
Date Posted: 06-Dec-2005 at 09:49

Democracy of course provides the best conditions for its citizens but is also the most powerful and effective from a pragmatic sense.  In democracies action cannot be as swift as a dictatorship where a dictator says "do this" and it is done immediately but the slow and deliberative process of decision making which allows for many ideas to be discussed until a consensus is reached about what needs to be done is worth the extra time.  Especially when reading about Nazi Germany, it is obvious that dictatorships are not brutally efficient, they are just brutal.  In Albert Speer's book "Inside the Third Reich" he talks about how in the dictatorial and rigid authoritarian atmosphere subordinates were not allowed to question the orders of their superiors and initiative was squashed in the German economy and many other facets of organization.  Due to this wasteful projects would fester for years whereas in a democracy they would be brought to some attention and rectified after a little debate.  Speer even joked with people that he was "restoring parliamentarianism" to Nazi Germany with his economic reforms. 

With Nazi Germany as a larger example, you can see how Hitler's system was effective at getting what it wanted only as long as Hitler made rational decisions, like he did most of the time before Operation Barbarossa, once Hitler became crazier and irrational his system was just awful.  Had Hitler been as mad in 1936 as he was in 1943, Nazism would have been still born and faltered before the war and many fewer people would currently fall for the myth of single party efficiency that leads them to neo-nazism and other such things.

-------------
Member of IAEA

Posted By: Zagros
Date Posted: 06-Dec-2005 at 10:20

Ideally an elected benevolent dictator who makes decisions for the good of the country (economically, culturally, socially, technologically) with his government based on recommendations from committees and executives evaluated by expert civil servants and economists. Such a government would not be open to bribes from corporations or foreign connivers.  No need for the beaurocracy and corruption that comes hand in hand with a Western style democracy.

-------------

Posted By: Cezar
Date Posted: 06-Dec-2005 at 12:12
Originally posted by arch.buff

Do you feel like having a voice or action?

If you do, then in the US democracy really works. In my country the new democracy stinks, to express it euphemistic. Not that the previous dictatorship was good, it's just that people don't feel like democracy is really better.

It is not about the system, it's about those who have the power. Wether they call themselves communists, democrats, tehnocrats or whatever label they like, what they really do with the power they have is what  matters in the end.

Most people do not really care about what their goverment call himself as long as they can have a decent life. All systems where designed to work. Any system would work if it provides a balance between individual and social needs. "The theory works fine, but the practical use of the design still needs to be improved."

Posted By: Genghis
Date Posted: 06-Dec-2005 at 17:25
Originally posted by Zagros

Ideally an elected benevolent dictator who makes decisions for the good of the country (economically, culturally, socially, technologically) with his government based on recommendations from committees and executives evaluated by expert civil servants and economists. Such a government would not be open to bribes from corporations or foreign connivers.  No need for the beaurocracy and corruption that comes hand in hand with a Western style democracy.

Given that ideal form, do you think that that makes the case that an elected executive should have broad powers?  That was a key point in the debate between the Federalists and Anti-Federalists during the adoption of the United States Constitution.  People such as Alexander Hamilton argued for a very powerful executive branch as opposed to many people from my state like George Mason and Patrick Henry.

-------------
Member of IAEA

Posted By: Zagros
Date Posted: 06-Dec-2005 at 17:46

To be frank, Genghis... hell yes, definately.  I think America would be a much better place, not only to live in, but to live with, simply for the reason outlined in my last sentence..

ot about the system, it's about those who have the power. Wether they call themselves communists, democrats, tehnocrats or whatever label they like, what they really do with the power they have is what  matters in the end.

definately true. 

-------------

Posted By: vulkan02
Date Posted: 06-Dec-2005 at 18:29
Originally posted by Genghis

Democracy of course provides the best conditions for its citizens but is also the most powerful and effective from a pragmatic sense.  In democracies action cannot be as swift as a dictatorship where a dictator says "do this" and it is done immediately but the slow and deliberative process of decision making which allows for many ideas to be discussed until a consensus is reached about what needs to be done is worth the extra time.  Especially when reading about Nazi Germany, it is obvious that dictatorships are not brutally efficient, they are just brutal.  In Albert Speer's book "Inside the Third Reich" he talks about how in the dictatorial and rigid authoritarian atmosphere subordinates were not allowed to question the orders of their superiors and initiative was squashed in the German economy and many other facets of organization.  Due to this wasteful projects would fester for years whereas in a democracy they would be brought to some attention and rectified after a little debate.  Speer even joked with people that he was "restoring parliamentarianism" to Nazi Germany with his economic reforms. 

With Nazi Germany as a larger example, you can see how Hitler's system was effective at getting what it wanted only as long as Hitler made rational decisions, like he did most of the time before Operation Barbarossa, once Hitler became crazier and irrational his system was just awful.  Had Hitler been as mad in 1936 as he was in 1943, Nazism would have been still born and faltered before the war and many fewer people would currently fall for the myth of single party efficiency that leads them to neo-nazism and other such things.

Thats why the Roman Republic in times of great trouble such as after the battle of Cannae elected a dictator for a period of 6 months so decisions could be made as fast as possible and to dissolve disagreement between the people.

-------------
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao

Posted By: sdavidr
Date Posted: 06-Dec-2005 at 20:14
I vote for a federal and liberal democracy based on human rights (but not on religion)

Federalist because the most decentralized is a country , the citizens are more capable of making decisions and they are not affected by the different point of views of other territories. Liberal because  the opinions of every citizen are respected, and doesn't discriminate the minorities. I also vote for a democracy with a good electoral system like a proportional representation, and I refuse systems like "first past the post" that only benefits a majority  but not respond the necessities of the  "always forgotten" minority.

-------------

Date Posted: 06-Dec-2005 at 20:17
Maybe we should first ask whom the Goverment serves. For king surelly monarchy is the best goverment. For the poor - democracy is best or even social democracy. For the political parties - one party goverment. For so called middle class - limited democracy where public rights depend on wealth, some less exlusive kind of plutocracy. For the richest - oligarchy or even aristocracy (considering that fact that today aristocracy got rather economic character). Goverment can serve the whole nation, bigger or smaller part of nation or even state instead of nation. Take for example Russia where definatelly the goverment serves the state, not the nation. So called democratic freedoms are less important there than the strenght, power and stability of the state and most of people in Russia accept it.

Posted By: Vamun Tianshu
Date Posted: 06-Dec-2005 at 21:49

Brilliant.Could've never thought of that.

-------------

In Honor

Date Posted: 07-Dec-2005 at 06:20
Its easier to say which goverment is the worst. In my opinion the worst goverment is such who serves noone but only itself. We had many examples of such goverments in history and today there are still many such goverments for example in Africa.

Posted By: Cezar
Date Posted: 07-Dec-2005 at 10:39

Originally posted by Mosquito

Its easier to say which goverment is the worst. In my opinion the worst goverment is such who serves noone but only itself. We had many examples of such goverments in history and today there are still many such goverments for example in Africa.

Romania is not in Africa!!! We don't have an african goverment!

Yet our goverment does exactly what you said?

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com