Print Page | Close Window

Happy Birthday TRNC !!! C*

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: Regional History or Period History
Forum Name: Modern History
Forum Discription: World History from 1918 to the 21st century.
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6966
Printed Date: 08-Jun-2024 at 01:00
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Happy Birthday TRNC !!! C*
Posted By: OSMANLI
Subject: Happy Birthday TRNC !!! C*
Date Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 12:30

On this very day, 22 years ago the Turkish federated state of Cyprus gained independence as the TRNC- Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.

After all they have been through iam so happy to see my nation still intact today!!!

A BRIEF LOOK AT THE TURKISH REPUBLIC OF NORTHERN CYPRUS

Established : November 15, 1983
President : Mehmet Ali Talat

System of Government : Parliamentary Deumocracy; Secular Republic Population : 200,587
Ethnic Groups : 99% Turks,1% Others
Religion : 99% Muslim, 1% Others
Area : 3,355 square km. (1,295 square miles)
Capital : Lefkosa
Major Cities : Girne, Ga
zimaðusa, Güzelyurt, Lefke.
Official Language : Turkish
Neighbours : South Cyprus, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Egypt.
Geographic Location : North Eastern corner of the Mediterranean Sea (South of Turkey, east of Israel, Syria and Lebanon, north of Egypt)
Agricultural Products : Cereals, barley, citrus, grapes, carob,olives, fruits, potatoes
Number of Seats in the Assembly (Parliament) : 50

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: The Hidden Face
Date Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 14:12
Happy birthday TRNC. 

-------------

Posted By: Temujin
Date Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 16:03
what the hell does a meditteranean island ever got to do with the Steppe? can't you guys never figure out that Turkey-related stuff is NOT part of the Steppe forum???

-------------

Posted By: TheDiplomat
Date Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 02:06
It's Modern History

-------------
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Posted By: oTToMAn_TurK
Date Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 03:55

Originally posted by TheDiplomat

It's Modern History

LOL, exactly. i dont see ur problem timujin

happy birthday for TRNC(im a bit late but anyway), as a turkish cypriot myself i hope for them to keep there independents for as long as God wills. as they have been through alot as OSMANLI mentioned. i hope we can gain more respect and recognition around the world as a independent turkish state.  coz we are there, no point ignoring us. 

-------------
Either your a slave to what MADE-MAN
Or your a slave to what MAN-MADE

Posted By: çok geç
Date Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 05:31

Happy Birthday TRNC!

-------------
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.

Posted By: Seko
Date Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 10:02

Happy Birthday TRNC!

Hope for better harmony with our Greek friends and neighbors.

-------------

Posted By: DayI
Date Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 10:32

Happy birthday KKTC or TRNC,

calm down Temujin, where not on the top of a mountan...

-------------
Bu mıntıka'nın Dayı'sı
http://imageshack.us - [IMG - http://www.allempires.com/forum/uploads/DayI/2006-03-17_164450_bscap021.jpg -

Posted By: erci
Date Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 15:53
happy birthday TRNC

nice 2200 yillara

-------------
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 15:59

call me stupid if u guys want... but why got two different turkey countries????????

anyway happy birthday.... to the country...which is celebrating it..

-------------

Posted By: Temujin
Date Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 16:52
i moved it from Steppe forum to here, that's why i was angered. and it was not the first thread of this kind.

-------------

Posted By: Infidel
Date Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 17:18

I thought they were thinking of reconciliation with their Greek neighbours now that Turkey is applying for EU membership.

-------------
An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?

Posted By: erci
Date Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 17:19
Originally posted by Temujin

i moved it from Steppe forum to here, that's why i was angered. and it was not the first thread of this kind.

it must be exhausting for you.sorry for the trouble

-------------
"When one hears such music, what can one say, but .... Salieri?"

Posted By: Kapikulu
Date Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 10:57
Long live our brother republic TRNC, in peace and harmony, freely and recognizedly...

-------------
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli

Posted By: Kapikulu
Date Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 10:59
Originally posted by cahaya

call me stupid if u guys want... but why got two different turkey countries????????

anyway happy birthday.... to the country...which is celebrating it..

TRNC-Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus is a different state in which the Turkish-originated population of Cyprus island lives, it is not inside Turkey.

-------------
We gave up your happiness
Your hope would be enough;
we couldn't find neither;
we made up sorrows for ourselves;
we couldn't be consoled;

A Strange Orhan Veli

Posted By: strategos
Date Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 23:45
Happy Bday my favorite fake country! Thank you for being nothing but an extension of Turkey onto the island!

Posted By: çok geç
Date Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 00:14

Originally posted by strategos

Happy Bday my favorite fake country! Thank you for being nothing but an extension of Turkey onto the island!

But wasn't TRNC created during a time when the whole island of Cyprus was going to be an extension of Greece after the coup? What is the difference then?

-------------
D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.

Posted By: TheDiplomat
Date Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 08:43
Originally posted by çok geç

Originally posted by strategos

But wasn't TRNC created during a time when the whole island of Cyprus was going to be an extension of Greece after the coup? What is the difference then?

Haha.Good question.

-------------
ARDA:The best Turkish diplomat ever!

Posted By: oTToMAn_TurK
Date Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 08:52

the difference would have been is that the less populated turks on the island would have all either have been massacred or exiled into turkey. i think thats what strategos preferd. the turks and greeks lived in peace for centuries under turkish rule, but it only took them 7-8 years in the 1960's to come and invade our lands with racist hatred towards turks and muslims.

Happy Bday my favorite fake country!

i have seen lots of people that have been through denial at somestage for some reason, in there lives, but this is just ridiculous. but anyway, not going to spend too much time with u, think what you will, the truth is we are safe from ur pathetic racist rule. Thank God

-------------
Either your a slave to what MADE-MAN
Or your a slave to what MAN-MADE

Posted By: OSMANLI
Date Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 12:05

Strategos, i can see that you clearly know nothing on the Cyprus issue. North Cyprus split in two in July 74'. da 15/11 is not July!!!

North Cyprus was from 74-83 a federated state of Turkey. On the 15/11/83 North Cyprus became independent from Turkey.

So you have just contradicted yourself, thank for showing us all the extent that you know on the issue.

Also the fact that your avator has an image of the whole of Cyprus with the Hellas/Greece flag shows that you would like the whole of Cyprus to be an extension of Greece. Enosis i belive its called, well i guess i can thank people like you who support Enosis. SInce its thanks to people like you that Turkey came to save us from thus leading to a TRNC.

I could go on about the issue, but as you dont know anything about it i wont bother, anywho iam still in the party mood so Happy Birthday TURKISH Republic of Norther CYPRUS!!!

-------------

Posted By: Komnenos
Date Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 12:36
We're not having this discussion again.

I hereby close it, but would like to add in the interest of political balance, that the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) is so far only recognised as an independent state by Turkey itself, while all other member states of the United Nations still recognise the Republic of Cyprus as the only sovereign state on Cyprus.

-------------
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com