Print Page | Close Window

an interesting question.

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: Regional History or Period History
Forum Name: Post-Classical Middle East
Forum Discription: SW Asia, the Middle East and Islamic civilizations from 600s - 1900 AD
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4622
Printed Date: 28-Apr-2024 at 04:02
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: an interesting question.
Posted By: Al Bedawi
Subject: an interesting question.
Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 07:17
why is there a Forum for Turks, and Persians but not Arabs?

-------------
An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.

Replies:
Posted By: Constantine XI
Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 07:19
Yea I want an Australian forum! And one for the New Zealanders! And one for the dinosaurs! Let's make AE as bulky and complex and user unfriendly as possible!

-------------

Posted By: Mortaza
Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 07:35

I have another interesting question to Constantine.

Constantine, I heard there were two Turk at Australia, who rebeled  Australian goverment at  WW1. is this true?

They attacked a train who was carrying soldiers.

any idea about this?

Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 08:01
Firstly Mortaza thankyou for hijacking a thread which was otherwise worthless and likely to lead to a flame war, you have done us all a service.

Next I want to ask, are you also Murtaza?

And now to your question. To be honest with you I had no idea about this at all. But I did some searching and it appears that you are correct, there was an incident at Broken Hill in Australia where two Turks killed a group of innocent picnicers. Apparently the disgruntled men opened fire on a passing train after raising the Turkish flag, wounding 7 and killing 4. The locals then took up all the arms they could find and hunted the men down, killing them in the ensuing gunfight. The incident took place on New Years Day 1915. It was the only thing resembling an attack on Australian soil for the whole of WWI.

Here is a link to it http://www.abc.net.au/farwest/stories/s1409298.htm

Honestly I had not heard of this, the relative boringness of Australian history leads me to search elsewhere for entertaining history. So there you have it, a fairless needless loss of life for all concerned. But an interesting incident nonetheless.

Interestingly the Turkish newspapers went nuts over this. They claimed that 40 Australian soldiers had been killed and 70 injured by a contingent of rebel Turks who were now "marching forward to attack Canberra, the strongly fortified Australian capital" (Canberra was 14 years old at this time, barely much more than the few buildings which had been constructed on an old farming paddock). What a laugh I got out of reading the Turkish report on the "Battle of Broken Hill". An interesting bit of WWI trivia.

-------------

Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 08:56

Yes I am murtaza.

I read it,thanks  it was a comic war, If called war. You are right, It  was needless loss of life.

Also  There  should be an afgan rebellion, have idea?

Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 09:09
Well we have alot of asylum seekers here from Afghanistan and a number of Islamic countries. Our government has to detain such people and find out whether they are genuine refugees or simply trying to avoid the immigration qeues. At the detention centres where they are held riots are a common occurance and make regular headlines in the news.

Is there a specific Afghan rebellion here you are interested in? Maybe something with a specific date or place or other details? Australia does not have a very large Afghan community, so I am quite sure if there was a rebellion of Afghans here it would not have been a huge one.

-------------

Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 09:20

I dont know  date, It was after this attack, or battle of Broken Hill.

Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 10:06
Well I have searched both my memory and the net and I cannot find anything on it. I am very much surprised you know of incidents this minor happening all the way out here. Where did you hear about these things?

Also if you could find information on the "Afghan rebellion" that would be interesting. I do know for a fact that Australia took in alot of Afghans in the 19th century, whose skills with camels greatly assisted the opening up of the harsh desert regions in the outback.

-------------

Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 10:23

Yes that rebellion should be related with camel riders. They should be numbered 700. I remember as all of them sent back  to their country. Not sure about it. Rebellion didnt cost human life.

I read it form  a book and Because of I am nomad  like my ancestor, I have not book now.

It can be possible book is wrong. It is a book like "We  Turks were hero"

Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 11:36
what a Joke, I asked a simple question and a simpleton anwsered me.

I just think its unjust a TURK and Iranian Can post in 2 forums an arab christian has to post in one entitled islamic world.
(this is not saying I am regarding myself as an xtian)

You see.

Turk = Culture

Iranian = Nationality

Islamic = Religion

Its very odd.

-------------

Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 11:43
Well Australia brought in the "White Australia policy" after the country federated in 1901. This was a racist policy which prevented non white people who were not from certain areas of Europe from entering the country. It lasted until after WWII when a shortage of labour put an end to it. One consequence of this policy was many non-white people already here were also deported.

I would say many Afghans were deported as part of this policy at some point in the early 20th century and most likely there was an altercation as they did not want to leave. However, not all Afghans were deported. Some stayed behind, keeping the desert as their home and married even. The Afghans did not bring their women with them, and as the European Australians largely shunned them the often married aboriginal Australians. Their descendents most likely continue to roam the deserts to this day.

-------------

Posted By: Cyrus Shahmiri
Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 12:03
Our website is "All Empires", there are many Iranian, Turkish and Islamic empires but I don't think there is any Arab Christian empire!

-------------

Posted By: Jagatai Khan
Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 14:04
Bedawi post everywhere you want and leave that silly ideas

-------------

Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 16:14
Ok where is the arab empire then???

as You well know in the early period The Arab Dahimmi (not an insulting word) was worth more than the Ajaam (Not an Insulting word)

It was the ARABS who smashed the peacocks throne and it was the Arabs who made war with those whos faces were like tightly drawn shields (Turks and Tartars)

Where was this TURKISH EMPIRE?? It wasnt untill the Ottoman they became of anything, The Horde was Mongol not Uzbek, The only Turkish empire was the Mughal one.

if Turks and Iranians deserve 2 forums we arabs deserve atleast one.

-------------

Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 16:15

-------------

Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 16:16
I wasnt aware naples (southern ital. peninsula) fell to us.

-------------

Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 16:20
also Palmyra under zenobia had an empire.

as well as Himyar (sheba) who conqured parts of Ethiopia.

Oman owned parts of Iran, had a huge trading empire, including somalia and zanzibar.

-------------

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 16:31
 Have been lurking at AE for quite a while and never felt quite qualified to reply or post on any subject.
But this one got the better of me.
The "battle of Broken Hill"  is better known to history as the icecrem war or icecream revolt owing to the fact that the turks were using an icecream cart as shelter at the time. Acutally I always (apart from the sadness of the affair) always liked the name.
The Afghan revolt I think (and only my opinion) comes from  1870 from an incident with a ship called the AFGHAN, which provoked a riot on Macquarie street in front of Parliment house and led to restrictions of chinese immigarnts to Australia (the ship was carrying around 250 chinese workers).
Just a short note on the white Austrlia policy as it relates to Afghans (who were classed as Asiatic people under the policy) not only did it effectively ban Asiatics from entering the country it had a clause the forbade residant coloureds from travelling between states without government permission, a clause that was directly aimed at the Afghan Camel trains to restrict them to the regions of the outback and deserts so their movements could be followed and whereabouts known at all times.

Sorry for the long post.
         &nbs p;         &nbs p;     Mulga

Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 16:44

icecream war is realy a fine name for a war, If they attacked a military train, I think I will proud with them. But I dont like their attact to civilians but again I will not judge them.

Thanks for knowledge.

Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 17:27

Al Bedawi,

I think these maps would be enough for your lack of knowledge about pre-Ottoman Turkic history.

And btw, sorry I couldnt post the map of the Seljuk Empire, whose borders were reaching from Kyrgizistan to Aegean. Next time maybe...

-------------

Posted By: azimuth
Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 18:26

ok Al Bedawi i just collected some of your posts regarding this matter.

and i can see a point there that not a "very" proper Name for this Forum to call it Islamic world.

i already gave my opinion about this and you misunderstood me i think.

Originally posted by Al Bedawi

I vehmently dissagree with the arabs had nothing untill islam.

Petra
Sheba
Naubtanea

All this is before islam.

You also forget many people do forget that the Assyrians origin was in Yemen, and that the Akkadians left yemen/oman (mazan? hate to use a persian word for one of our lands)during the period of the Fueds within Qahtan.

I didnt say that Arabs had nothing before Islam, off course they did for a very long time they have empires and communites.

what i meant is that they are not as significant as the empires they had After islam.

well i think we may be need to change it to a more proper name and not calling it as per lanuage then we will need many other forum for others languages.

Why is there a Forum based on religion?

If a Turk can have a Ottoman(islamic) Empire and a National Empire (turkish empire? one I have never heard of)

why is it an Arab  who throughout History existed Before Islam.

is forced to only one place on this forum that being the Islamic Forum.

To say the Arabs were Nothing before Islam, is to spit in the faces of Ancient Edom, Palmyra,Sheba,Himyar,and Petra.

For the western reader, This is a simple Request We Arabs are carelessly and needlessly lumped in with The Turks and with the Iranians in this Islamic Empire forum,  You can simply do the following

do nothing refusing to admit a slight mistake was made.

realise turks, arabs and iranians have little in common besides religion.

create a Christendom Forum.

delete the turkish and iranian forums merging them all into Islamic.

Rename the Islamic forum the Arab one.

Merge the African and Islamic ones. after all all african empires with the exeception of Christian Nubia and ethiopian were arab or muslim

what a Joke, I asked a simple question and a simpleton anwsered me.

I just think its unjust a TURK and Iranian Can post in 2 forums an arab christian has to post in one entitled islamic world.
(this is not saying I am regarding myself as an xtian)

You see.

Turk = Culture

Iranian = Nationality

Islamic = Religion

Its very odd.

well it is not Islamic Forum it is called Islamic World Forum, and Islamic world has alot of non islamic comunites.

well i thought that it is the most proper so far.

but we may find a More proper one than this , something like

Middel East and North African Forum?

Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Our website is "All Empires", there are many Iranian, Turkish and Islamic empires but I don't think there is any Arab Christian empire!

actully there was an Arabic Christan empire,

this is from Britannica.

Arabian kingdom prominent as a Byzantine ally (symmachos) in the 6th century AD. From its strategic location in portions of modern Syria, Jordan,and Israel, it protected the spice trade route from the south of the ArabianPeninsula and acted as a buffer against the desert Bedouin.

The Ghassânid king al-Ḥârith ibn Jabalah (reigned 529–569) supported the Byzantines against Sâsânian Persia and was given the title patricius in 529 by the emperor Justinian. Al-Ḥârith was a Monophysite Christian; he helped to revive the Syrian Monophysite Church and supported Monophysite development despite the disapproval of Orthodox Byzantium. Subsequent Byzantine distrust of such religious unorthodoxybrought down his successors, al-Mundhir (reigned 569–582) and Nuʿmân.

The Ghassânids, who had successfully opposed the Persian-oriented Lakhmids of al-Ḥîrah, prospered economically and engaged in much religious and public building; they also patronized the arts and at one time entertained the poets Nâbighah adh-Dhubyânî and Ḥassân ibn Thâbit at their courts. Ghassân remained a Byzantine vassal state until its rulers were overthrown by the Muslims in the 7th century.
----------------

this from wkipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghassanids - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghassanids

to Mortaza  its not that hard to make a new thread in Modern History Forum about that Austrain/Turkish conflict.

-------------

Date Posted: 26-Jul-2005 at 23:37
Thank you.

How many of those who post here are arab.

I have messaged you and asked that if you could could you translate a few passages from sirut abu zeid or taghribat bani Hillal.

-------------

Posted By: Ahmed The Fighter
Date Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 04:05

If you intrested Al-bedwi all arab coroporate to establish arabic fourm

in my opinion islamic fourm is enough for us

we can see our history in our places (midlle east).

accept my best regards

-------------
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid

Date Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 09:06
Ok, I think the title of this forum can be changed to "Middel East and North Africa" (of course in the middle ages), however "Islamic World" is/was a larger region.

-------------

Date Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 19:47

then we keep the name Islamic world and add middel east and North africa.

it would be something like this

Islamic World, M.East and N.Africa Forum

by that it will cover everything i guess

-------------

Posted By: Menippos
Date Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 21:31
Don't forget to add "...and Europe" too, because there is also Bosnia...

-------------
CARRY NOTHING

Posted By: Imperator Invictus
Date Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 21:35
How about just "Islamic History"?

-------------

Date Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 21:38

well thats included in the "Islamic World",  the reason of Adding Middel East and North Africa is just to keep the discussion about Non Islamic Realted History of the Middel East and North Africa here.

i know there aren't many Non-Islamic History which are Not included in the Ancient History forum and the Islamic world History forum but its nice to have the option.

so i think  the new name can be

"Islamic World, Middel East and North Africa Forum"

what do you think Cyrus?

-------------

Date Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 21:55
I vote "yes", if my vote says anything

Slight modification: Instead of "Middel", make it "Middle"

-------------
CARRY NOTHING

Date Posted: 27-Jul-2005 at 23:26
Im sorry But Brother if you do that.

we still end up with turks and iranians having two forums and the arabs having to use the islamic one.

-------------

Date Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 02:53

Actully Arabs can be in more than one Forum too, since Arabs Conquered from Spain to North india.

the aim for the Forums in general is to classify the more commone History together

and why cant we have Iranians and Turkish in this Forum?

Iranians ruled some Arabian lands before Islam, Arabs ruled Iranian lands After islam and Turkish ruled some Arabic lands too for many years.

plus the First 200 years of Islam was mainly Under Arabic rule so i think we as Arabs has more to do with rise of Islam than anybody else.

and by adding Middle East and North Africa is just to give a place to the History between the period between the end of The Ancient period and the Rise of islam.

so if we consider the Ancient period ends at year 0 AD then we have more than 600 years until Islam start dominating the region. and in that 600 years there were kingdom in Arabia and North Africa which are not totally part of the romans nor part of the persians. so Adding this part we included almost all Historical periods in the region and with the other Forums we included the Rest of the World History.

so i think calling this forum " Islamic World, Middle East and North Africa" is the Most proper and complete name.

-------------

Date Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 09:15

I don't agree, if we want to use "and" then we should say "Islamic world and non-Islamic regions in the Middle East and North Africa"!!, I think this one is better:

Middle East and North Africa
From the rise of Islam to the fall of the Ottoman Empire

-------------

Date Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 14:03

Islamic Empires

Islamic Empires from the rise of Islam to the fall of the Ottoman Empire

-------------

Date Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 16:31
what about the Pre islamic arab cultures?

I still have no idea why there is an Islamic forum.

Iranians have Persian Cultural forum

Turks have theirs But us?

we are content to say we were nothing before islam.

-------------

Date Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 16:35

Yes, open a from like desert Empires or whatever.

Than we will have our peace back.

Date Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 16:42
lol.

from  or forum.

-------------

Date Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 16:50

or whatever, but I hope you have enough article to full that from!

So at least we can learn, what are the arabs doing before islam.

Date Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 16:51
what are you?

-------------

Date Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 16:56

A turk

Can a Turk learn what were the arabs doing before Islam? Or what you want is just open a forum, and that all?

You should feed that forum with articles.

Date Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 17:00
I have allready stated.

Ancient Yemen (sheba,Himyar,temah)

Palmyra

Petra(naubtanea,edom)

If people are willing to stretch and say.

Iranians are Elam,Parthia,Media.

Why is it such a stretch to equate Arab with Assyrian,Akkadian and Dilmun as Both the Arab and the Assyrians origin was in Yemen.

-------------

Date Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 17:02

oki, If you can feed forum with articles, I think a forum should open for arabs.

Date Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 17:09
Of course.

-------------

Date Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 17:10
My first one will be about the Glorious Battle of Qadasiya, Followed by the defeat of the zenata of africa.

later we will discuss the wars with the Turks.

-------------

Date Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 18:13
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

I don't agree, if we want to use "and" then we should say "Islamic world and non-Islamic regions in the Middle East and North Africa"!!, I think this one is better:

From the rise of Islam to the fall of the Ottoman Empire

then we missed the main point for this discussion which is the period before islam !

adding pre-Islamic

Pre-Islamic History to the rise of Islam until the fall of the Ottomans

or

Islamic and Pre-Islamic History until the fall of the Ottomans.

or

History of the Middle East and North Africa before and after Islam.

?

well anything that shows the period before islam and the period of Islam rising untill the 18th Century.

-------------

Posted By: HulaguHan
Date Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 21:44

Al Bedawi, regarding the linguistical differences, Turks and Mongols are defined as two different nationalities. But these two, co-operating either by force (Gok Turk-Rouran) or without force (Uighur-Mongol-Kyrgiz etc..., remember in 1206 a Turko-Mongol Qurultay elected Cinghiss as Qahan), managed to build great empires.

Islam was a favorable update to Turks, likewise Buddhism (Qarakhanids) or Nestorianism (Nomadic tribes) or Manichesism (Uighurs).

The two greatest civilization of Turko-Mongol society occured in the Islamic days for sure, Ottomans, Safavids, Seljuks, Timurids, Baburids, etc... But that will not delete our previous days.

Those previous guys, the shiled faced dudes, stopped you in Jaxartes banks. Like Khazars stopped your Caucasian invasion, or Romans stopped you at the gates of eastern Anatolia, or Franks in Pyrennes...

by the way, middle asian steps forum does not belong only the Turks. The Altaic nationality group has 3 members, Turks, Mongols and Tungus.

Date Posted: 28-Jul-2005 at 22:47

Any title that could link the pre-islamic history of people outside arabian peninsula to arab would be a misrepresentation of history. There are a lot arab nationalist web sites that do that already why would you want to change this one

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 02:05
Originally posted by hani

Any title that could link the pre-islamic history of people outside arabian peninsula to arab would be a misrepresentation of history. There are a lot arab nationalist web sites that do that already why would you want to change this one

its not linking them together its just puting them in the same forum,

and you are somehow paranoid about Arabic history, the possible new title is " Middle east and north afric"   where did it say Arab?? and its not even suggesting a common history all the time in history  they share common part of history after islam came for sure.

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 04:16

Before and after Islam = The whole history - Islam!

I think for satisfying both Al Bedawi and hani, we can use this one:

Middle Easterns and North Africans, such as Arabs, Berbers, and Jews

However they were mostly ruled by Persians, Romans and Turks!

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 04:49

we cannot satify everybody but then i meant the period in the middle east after the end of the Ancient history to the end of the 18/19th century

also Jews history is in the Ancient history and in the modern history and in between they were part of others history more or less.

so i think its better we make it clearer that we mean the period between the end of Ancient History.

Middle Easterns and North Africans from 1st to 19th Century AD.

?

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 05:09

Personally I don't see anything wrong with Islamic world and I am not sure why it should change, but that is just my humble opinion. The term middle east and north africa covers a lot history and it would include many of other forums in here. You are going to use that term meaning to point to a very small portion of middle east history which would be mis-leading, and azimuth I am not being paranoid just stating my opinion

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 05:29

ok

one of these is ok.

1- Middle East and North Africa
     Pre-Islamic History to the rise of Islam until the fall of the Ottomans

2-  Islamic World, Middle East and North Africa
     Islamic and Pre-Islamic History until the fall of the Ottomans

3- Middle East and North Africa
     Middle Easterns and North Africans, such as Arabs, Berbers, and Jews

4- Middle East and North Africa
     Middle Easterns and North Africans from 1st to 19th Century AD.

5- Islamic World
     From the Prophet Mohammed to the fall of the Ottoman Empire.

i know the last one is the same and that for those who see that the current name is the most proper one.

or should i make a poll??

-------------

Posted By: Cengiz Kagan
Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 05:31

Because arabs have no idendity, history, culture etc. besides Islam.

-------------
TANRI TURKU KORUSUN

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 05:34

why dont you just ban this moron?

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 05:39

Originally posted by Cengiz Kagan

Because arabs have no idendity, history, culture etc. besides Islam.

they had identity, hisory and culture before islam.

the thing is that Islam Came so Big that it shadowed all that.

Originally posted by Mortaza

why dont you just ban this moron?

who is the " moron" we should ban ?

-------------

Posted By: Cent
Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 05:40
Cengiz Kagan, are you like a plague or something? The only posts you've written are negative and hostile against other nationalities...

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 06:02

Please just ignore provocative posts guys,

I think the possible forum names such as "Middle East and North Africa" would be unfair to the all other middle Eastern subjects' and rulers' histories, including Romans, Turks and Persians. Middle East and Northern Africa have strong historical bonds btw other Mediterranian regions, Iran and even Central Asia. Limiting it with just Arabs, Hebrews and Berberis wont be fair at all.

I suggest something like the second option.

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 06:39

azimuth

Cengiz,he is a shame for Turks and I dont miss him, If  he banned.

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 07:38

If you ask me this "Islamic World" is the best but it is a good suggestion to make poll.

I think the problem is just for some Arabic dynasties before Islam, so we can use "Islamic World and Pre-Islamic Arabia".

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 07:56
pre Islamic Middle East would be better, because middle East wasnt all "Arabia" before Islam.

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 08:13
Yes but they belonged to Persian and Roman empires before Islam, you know Iran is/was one of the largest cities of the Middle east.

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 08:18
Why don't we generalise and say "Islamic world and Eastern Mediterranean et al."?

But on second thought, that's a bit limiting too.

What about "Islamic world and all regions covered before and after".

-------------
CARRY NOTHING

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 08:33

Islamic World and Pre-Islamic Arabia

sounds good too since Arabian Peninsula was most of the time independent from persian and roman empies.  while the Berbers were under the Romans since BC and before that they will fall under the Ancient History forum.

so the latests names are

1- Middle East and North Africa
     a - Pre-Islamic History to the rise of Islam until the fall of the Ottomans OR

b - Middle Easterns and North Africans, such as Arabs, Berbers, and Jews OR

c - Middle Easterns and North Africans from 1st to 19th Century AD.

2-  Islamic World, Middle East and North Africa
     Islamic and Pre-Islamic History until the fall of the Ottomans

3- Pre-Islamic Arabia and Islamic World
     Pre-Islamic Arabia to the Rise of Islam to the fall of the Ottomans

4- Islamic World
     From the Prophet Mohammed to the fall of the Ottoman Empire

-------------

Posted By: Zagros
Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 08:39

Pre-Islamic Arabia and Islamic World
     Pre-Islamic Arabia to the Rise of Islam and the fall of the Ottomans

Sounds good.

-------------

Posted By: magavan
Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 09:06

What about:

A warning for you and if you continue a Ban will follow 

For being Racist and Continues Insults

edited for Racisim and Insults.

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 09:07

If we directly relate this forum to Arabia,

Please put the Turkish Empire which were established in Iran to Iranian Forum, Ottoman and Seljuks of Rum to Greco-Roman Forum, or Move all Turks to the steps forum.

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 09:09

magavan what about you talk just with cengiz?

It looks like you have some IQ and  similar mind.

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 09:10

huh? Ottomans  and seljuks of Rums Greek?

Is this new way to enter EU?

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 09:19

Mortaza, I understood your message wring, sorry. I thought you called me idiot. EDITTED. Apologize to you, sorry...

I do not want to be in the Arabia forum, in the GReco Roman forum, in the Iranian forum.

OK Islamic World was some kinda international. But Arabia forum is NOT!!!!!

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 09:22

Step Forum can be rededined as Turks, Mongols and Tungus Forum, so that we can discuss all Turks there. Heheheh...

Now Mongols are not Turks, now I managed to got it, but if we define a Turks, mongols, Tungus forum, this will be an international section. So no problems.

Ottomans will be discussed together with Mongols, the Tungus Jin Dynasty.

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 09:25

Deleted by Mortaza

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 09:26
I am sorry, I recently saw it. My apologizes...

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 11:11
Originally posted by magavan

What about:

A warning for you and if you continue a Ban will follow 

For being Racist and Continues Insults

edited for Racisim and Insults.

Azimuth a warning for ur ignorance also.

Firstly, I do not believe in different races so i'm not racist

Secondly, I believe as true: Salman Al Farsi created Quran, Islam is the last religion and the most violente sect. The notion of "Jihad" is really really primitive.

I'm sorry if you do not accept that fact. You have to respect  "mon point de vue".

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 11:57
Originally posted by Zagros Purya

Pre-Islamic Arabia to the Rise of Islam and the fall of the Ottomans

Sounds good.

Actually:

Pre-Islamic Arabia and the Islamic world: From the rise of Islam to the fall of the Ottomans

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 14:08
It is better that we give emphasis to "Islamic World".

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 14:22

Pre-Islamic Arabia and the Islamic world: From the rise of Islam to the fall of the Ottomans

the discussion should be ended by now

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 14:53
I agree!

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 19:08

1- Pre-Islamic Arabia and Islamic World
     Pre-Islamic Arabia to the Rise of Islam  to the fall of the Ottomans

2- Pre-Islamic Arabia and Islamic World

yes i gree too,  but i think the explanation should be the first one not the new one.

because the last one is not making sense  how come Pre-Islamic Arabia and Islamic world "Then" its From the rise of Islam?!!

the first one is better and its going as per the periods and it sound better.

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 19:12

yes, the first one, but it should have "and the" i/o "to the" in the bold below.

1- Pre-Islamic Arabia and The Islamic World
     Pre-Islamic Arabia and the Rise of Islam to the fall of the Ottomans

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Jul-2005 at 19:16

ok

Agree.

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Jul-2005 at 08:19
Ok, I changed the title of this forum, any complain?

-------------

Date Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 01:12

Thanks to you people, now Ottoman Empire is given to Arabs. Safavids, Afsarids were already given to Iranians.

I will post my Ottoman Empire, Safavid Empire, Seljuk Empire vs... messages to the Steps Forum. Because Ottoman Empire has nothing concerned with Arabia. We reached the gates of beograd before the middle easterner cities. How the hell do we manage to put Ottomans here. What is the relation between Ottomans and Pre Islamic Arabia?

also Seljuks only held Syria and Iraq concerned with Arabic lands.

the Turkic Empires held parts of Arabia were Mamelukes and Ottomans, and they held just a part of it.

Isn' t this forum created for Arabs? do whatever you would like to but please move us to the steps forum. Lets change steps to Turks, Mongols, Tungus Forum. Since Iranian Nomads have their Iranic forum.

I deeply protest this decision. I was against an Islamic World Forum, now things got worse...

Date Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 01:35

we are not connecting Pre-Islamic Arabia or Arabs to the Turks, this forum is about the area of the middle east and the empires and kingdom from that area, which are not all Arabs.

putting pre-islamic Arabia is for the period of history before islam in Arabia which was not always part of the Roman nor the persians. so it was independent most of the time and had its kingdoms.

other than that it is the same as before.

-------------

Posted By: Spey
Date Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 01:41

Originally posted by Constantine XI

Yea I want an Australian forum! And one for the New Zealanders! And one for the dinosaurs! Let's make AE as bulky and complex and user unfriendly as possible!

Yeah , but Auckland and Sydney can have their own

Posted By: erci
Date Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 02:02
As far as this forum concerned I don't think any member should come here and request to change the forum names.after all, forum's name speaks for itself  "Allempires.com"

Although I don't think Ottomans should be included in steppes forum, I don't think it should be included in Pre-Islamic Arabia and the Islamic World either.
if Pre-Islamic Arabia get to have its own forum it would be unfair to squeeze Ottomans in this section.What does Ottoman empire has to do with pre-islamic Arabs?Or even Arabs, except the facts that hulaguhan mentioned?

I'm not requesting an Ottoman Empire forum.it's just the way it seems now...

Posted By: The Hidden Face
Date Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 07:53

Originally posted by HulaguHan

I will post my Ottoman Empire, Safavid Empire, Seljuk Empire vs... messages to the Steps Forum.

I agreed. I will post my ottoman empire msg to steppe forum too.

-------------

Posted By: Seljuk
Date Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 08:00
Originally posted by THE TURK

I will post my Ottoman Empire, Safavid Empire, Seljuk Empire vs... messages to the Steps Forum.

I agreed. I will post my ottoman empire msg to steppe forum too.

+1

-------------

Date Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 14:55

You can post your topics everywhere but they will be moved to their proper forums, this forum is about Pre-Islamic Arabia and the Islamic world (X & Y differs from X = Y! ), so all related topics will be moved here.

-------------

Date Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 15:23

So you say this is not an Arabian forum?

Well thanks to you guys, Turks who were never a subject of Arabs are in the Arabian forum, while Iranians are outside. I mean since Varnagians do not make NOrdics a subject of Romans, the Turkish Praetorian guard of caliphs will not make Turks subjects of arabs either.

Point is, Ottoman Empire and Seljuk Empire were having Sassanid state systems combined with Roman and Turkish military systems.

Ottoman Empire and pre-Islamic beduins are totally different. Religion similarity is just a similarity. No Ottoman Padishah never became a pilgrim of mecca...

Date Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 15:27
I do not mind the forums name at all.

Look at the Ignorance displayed by HelagulHan
No Ottoman Padishah made pilgrimage of Mekka?

Interesting

I just do not think we need to say Pre Islamic Arabia,When Arabia will do But I am 85% - 92% satisfied.

-------------

Posted By: Dawn
Date Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 15:34

This is just foolishness.

Let me explain it to you:

The forum break down loosly ties like thgings together when possible. In some cases there is not sufficiant activity to warrent seperate forums for given topics and unrelated areas get grouped together as is the case with Africa,india the ammericas and sw asia. It is for admin. purposes thats all. The reson that there is an Irainian forum is because there has been much traffic there and our founder is Irainian and wants it there. Now get over it. The lay out is the layout and if you are on happy with it feel free to Not post here. If you fail to post in the appropriate area your topics as Cyrus said will be moved.

-------------

Date Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 15:46

There is too much traffic in Turkish topics too.

No, with permission my lord, I can not get over it, I can not get over to be cathegorized as Arab, Iranian, Roman, Greek, etc... I do not want a forum too. But just put us in an international part, not in an arabic or iranian or whatever forum.

Al Bedawi, please show me any Ottoman Emperor who went to pilgramage or a Seljuk Sultan...

Posted By: Dawn
Date Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 15:53
First off It my Lady not my Lord. Second it is up to the administrators and site designers  and I will warn you they are getting fed up with all the nonsense going on right now( not just this but other problems as well) . Please remember we don't always get what we want.

-------------

Date Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 15:56

OK, we should live with this I think , since our lords and ladies are ordering us to do so. Since this is an imperial forum and we are just poor subjects.

Date Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 15:58

Turks are poor subjects?!

Maybe is true.....

Date Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 17:23

I do not mind the forums name at all.

Look at the Ignorance displayed by HelagulHan
No Ottoman Padishah made pilgrimage of Mekka?

Interesting

I just do not think we need to say Pre Islamic Arabia,When Arabia will do But I am 85% - 92% satisfied.

As far as I understand there is nothing wrong with what hulagu said.You as an arab may think so but I as a Turk see no relations with arab.we just ruled you some hundred years that's it.we also ruled Balkans, noth africa etc...

I don't care about forum names either but as far as I know you're the one who made a big deal out of it!

well, since you satisfied 85 to 92% why don't you ask to cyrus more.that way he can fulfil your request and you'll be 100% satisfeid...

Date Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 17:36
Originally posted by Dawn

This is just foolishness.

Let me explain it to you:

The forum break down loosly ties like thgings together when possible. In some cases there is not sufficiant activity to warrent seperate forums for given topics and unrelated areas get grouped together as is the case with Africa,india the ammericas and sw asia. It is for admin. purposes thats all. The reson that there is an Irainian forum is because there has been much traffic there and our founder is Irainian and wants it there. Now get over it. The lay out is the layout and if you are on happy with it feel free to Not post here. If you fail to post in the appropriate area your topics as Cyrus said will be moved.

your post declares you know nothing about the issue.ok I'll open a new board and include Byzantium with the Ottomans in same forum just because I, the founder is a Turk and I want it this way.and it won't be hard to find a mod to suck up either

Posted By: The Guardian
Date Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 17:44

Originally posted by erci

I don't think it should be included in Pre-Islamic Arabia and the Islamic World either.

why not?It is where it belongs

-------------
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
                             &nb

Posted By: The Guardian
Date Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 17:46

that would not be intelligent

-------------
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
                             &nb

Date Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 17:56
I wasn't against to first form "Islamic world". I too agree it's where it belongs

Date Posted: 31-Jul-2005 at 18:55
Show me proofs they did not.

This is clear shirk on the part of the so called sultans

never mind the foolishness of regarding a Non arab as a Khalif.

(This is not a racist statement, In sunnah  the Book of govergnment both in Muslim and Bukhari spells out that the Khalifate Must be from an arab and this is agreed upon by both Jamiat w Sunnah and the shia ashrisasi

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com