Forum Discription: Topics on archaeology and anthropology
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3963
Printed Date: 16-Apr-2024 at 19:39
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Turkish origins in Mongolia!
Posted By: Ardashir
Subject: Turkish origins in Mongolia!
Date Posted: 14-Jun-2005 at 04:16

http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/AJHG/journal/issues/v73n2/35013/35013.html?erFrom=-1567037138684050134Guest - http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/AJHG/journal/issues/v73n2/3 5013/35013.html?erFrom=-1567037138684050134Guest

DNA was extracted from the skeletal remains of 62 specimens excavated from the Egyin Gol necropolis, in northern Mongolia. This burial site is linked to the Xiongnu period and was used from the 3rd century B.C. to the 2nd century A.D. Three types of genetic markers were used to determine the genetic relationships between individuals buried in the Egyin Gol necropolis. Results from analyses of autosomal and Y chromosome short tandem repeats, as well as mitochondrial DNA, showed close relationships between several specimens and provided additional background information on the social organization within the necropolis as well as the funeral practices of the Xiongnu people. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first study using biparental, paternal, and maternal genetic systems to reconstruct partial genealogies in a protohistoric necropolis.

Ok guys! so what?! I no longer will continue this bullsh*t!

-------------
http://khakokhoon.blogfa.com

Replies:
Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 14-Jun-2005 at 06:21

Posted By: Feramez
Date Posted: 14-Jun-2005 at 07:01
I like how you asked politely, but in this world you have to go out and get what you want on your own.  So if you and anyone else want us out, kick us out your selves, ha, I'd love someone to try that.

Posted By: Zagros
Date Posted: 14-Jun-2005 at 07:35

That sentence at the end was unnecessary.

Whether you like it or not Turks fought for and won the land they live on just like everyone else. Enough of this bullsh*t.

-------------

Posted By: Kenaney
Date Posted: 14-Jun-2005 at 09:36
Originally posted by Zagros Purya

That sentence at the end was unnecessary.

Whether you like it or not Turks fought for and won the land they live on just like everyone else. Enough of this bullsh*t.

Thanks for this post, i dont want a flame-war between Iranians and Turks. Dont try to lock out Ardashir, youll be the one who's gonna be flamed.

-------------
OUT OF LIMIT

Date Posted: 14-Jun-2005 at 13:28

Originally posted by [ARM

Paul]

Wow, servant in the second plan supports his master. Loser...

-------------

Date Posted: 14-Jun-2005 at 13:34
Hey, Ardashir, I'll call you Bob II (you know the first was LoA), what about getting to the procedure instead of just sitting and speaking from your computer? Kicking needs bravary, and force, not with coward words. Loser the second...  

-------------

Posted By: ramin
Date Posted: 14-Jun-2005 at 13:49
Ardashir, Iranians migrated to Iran as well.... Do you want us to leave too?!

-------------
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"

Posted By: TheodoreFelix
Date Posted: 14-Jun-2005 at 15:30

As time goes on people get displaced and people move. Thats what happens, thats what will and has happened throughout history. The only different between the migration of the iranians into Iran and Turks into Turkey is that the Turks was rather recent, while that happend a damn long time ago...

-------------

Posted By: Murtaza
Date Posted: 14-Jun-2005 at 15:44

Infact I dont understand why Iranians dont like from us. Because If USA attack Iran, It would be Turkey People( Your enemy?) Who will be saddest.(I think so)

Date Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 01:55
@Murtaza
There are racists everywhere. You shouldn't judge a population as a while by the behavior of a few.

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 02:48

Ramin You are  right.I am sorry. I made a  big mistake

Date Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 03:40

Originally posted by ramin

Ardashir, Iranians migrated to Iran as well.... Do you want us to leave too?!

Yeah! But Iranians migrated to Iran in ~4000 years ago! when there was no been a big population in it!

-------------

Posted By: Rava
Date Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 04:21
Give back Europe to the Neanderthals

Date Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 04:30
it's ok Murtaza

Originally posted by Rava

LoLLLLLL Rava

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 04:57

Neanderthals are extinct now,but what about greeks,armenians and kurds?

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 05:04
yeah...yeah...yeah...but...but...but...

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 12:12
Originally posted by Ardashir

Damn, why do you keep on trying to ignore the fact? All nations have immigrated to their current locations, from other places, by fighting and mixing with the locals. For example look at the IndoEuropeans, possibly they were one single ethhnicity from southern Siberia once, just like Turks. And look at today's Indo Europeans, they immigrated to very different parts of the world, mixed with the locals, fought with the locals and seperated. Today, even Iranians are from Russian steppes. And believe me, when they immigrated to Iran, the region wasnt empty at all.

You cant judge history with current norms of today. Migrations happened, and people had fought since the beginning of history. And we were just one of the conquerers, immigrants like all other nation in the world.

But if you have a problem with us coming from Central Asian steppes, you should solve it with your guns, not with your cowardish statements. Look at your countrymates here, learn some respect and logic, be a man.

And another fact, there isnt such thing as an original Anatolian native, all the current nations of Anatolia have immigrated to Anatolia once from different regions. But to consider as the most ancient inhabitants, we should say "Hatti"s were, not Greeks neither Kurds. Greeks became to colonise far western Anatolia long time after that, and they werent the locals. During the Byzanthine reign, most of the Anatolian population was all about Hellenified locals. Also Kurds are from Iranic origin, and they have immigrated to northwestern Iran and southwestern Turkey (not Anatolia, because it is considered as a part of Mesopotamia) once. So we are as native Anatolians as all those other inhabitants of Anatolia. All of us are Anatolians, its sons, its natives...

-------------

Posted By: Phallanx
Date Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 13:30
For example look at the IndoEuropeans, possibly they were one single ethhnicity from southern Siberia once, just like Turks. And look at today's Indo Europeans, they immigrated to very different parts of the world, mixed with the locals, fought with the locals and seperated. Today, even Iranians are from Russian steppes. And believe me, when they immigrated to Iran, the region wasnt empty at all.

Is this the IE- joke I hear???
Oguz, this is a totally outdated theory only believed by a very few wanna-be historians. There is more than enough proof to reject the very IE invasion theory.
But if we are to really use this theory, what should be mentioned is the fact that their origins are strongly believed to have been  S.E Europe or to be exact the Balkans. (you forgot about that)

I would like to know who exactly are the "today's IE"you mention and a name of any scholar that supports this "race" of people.

Iranians from the Russian Steppes?
Well my history tells me the facts to be quite different to your version.
The way you present it, "Turks are from the Steppes-> IE origin is from the Steppes-> the whole world is Turkish" is nothing more than your deluted version of historic facts.

>>But if you have a problem with us coming from Central Asian steppes, you should solve it with your guns, not with your cowardish statements.<<

Just when I start to wonder exactly how immature some people are, another posts pops up that gives me a higher level of immaturity.

As for your Hatti delusion. Why don't you explain exactly how does a civilization that is dated to have first appeared approx. 2500 BC constitute the indigenous population of these lands???
What happened to the finds dated as far back as 7000BC???

-------------
To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.

Date Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 13:46
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

Originally posted by Ardashir

Damn, why do you keep on trying to ignore the fact? All nations have immigrated to their current locations, from other places, by fighting and mixing with the locals. For example look at the IndoEuropeans, possibly they were one single ethhnicity from southern Siberia once, just like Turks. And look at today's Indo Europeans, they immigrated to very different parts of the world, mixed with the locals, fought with the locals and seperated. Today, even Iranians are from Russian steppes. And believe me, when they immigrated to Iran, the region wasnt empty at all.

You cant judge history with current norms of today. Migrations happened, and people had fought since the beginning of history. And we were just one of the conquerers, immigrants like all other nation in the world.

But if you have a problem with us coming from Central Asian steppes, you should solve it with your guns, not with your cowardish statements. Look at your countrymates here, learn some respect and logic, be a man.

And another fact, there isnt such thing as an original Anatolian native, all the current nations of Anatolia have immigrated to Anatolia once from different regions. But to consider as the most ancient inhabitants, we should say "Hatti"s were, not Greeks neither Kurds. Greeks became to colonise far western Anatolia long time after that, and they werent the locals. During the Byzanthine reign, most of the Anatolian population was all about Hellenified locals. Also Kurds are from Iranic origin, and they have immigrated to northwestern Iran and southwestern Turkey (not Anatolia, because it is considered as a part of Mesopotamia) once. So we are as native Anatolians as all those other inhabitants of Anatolia. All of us are Anatolians, its sons, its natives...

Ok man! forget it! excuse me! that post now have been edited!

Some times,I became angry and post some shamefull posts like that bulllsh*t!

Anyway,forget it!

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 14:03

The way you present it, "Turks are from the Steppes-> IE origin is from the Steppes-> the whole world is Turkish" is nothing more than your deluted version of historic facts.

I didnt say, mean, claim anything like that. You create bullshi* out of your mind and try to blame me with that. I heard that IE origins were fro Russian steppes, that is all I said.

Just when I start to wonder exactly how immature some people are, another posts pops up that gives me a higher level of immaturity.

Immature? It is funny that a small kid is blaming me with it. Please Phallanx, I've more important jobs than being your babysitter in AE. Go and find yourself targets from your mental age...

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 14:47

I didnt say, mean, claim anything like that. You create bullshi* out of your mind and try to blame me with that. I heard that IE origins were fro Russian steppes, that is all I said.

Well you didn't say exactly that but it was quite close. Read your last post again:

>>For example look at the IndoEuropeans, possibly they were one single ethhnicity from southern Siberia once, just like Turks.

Today, even Iranians are from Russian steppes. <<

The way I see it, this is an attempt to make the connection I mentioned.

Why not present the scholars that support some Iranian origin from the Steppes, explain why there is NO connection in language, explain genetics.,,,, give us some of that secret knowledge.

Immature? It is funny that a small kid is blaming me with it. Please Phallanx, I've more important jobs than being your babysitter in AE. Go and find yourself targets from your mental age...

So you are my babysitter, no wonder I've turned out to be such a snotty ass. You go around telling people to :

quote:
"But if you have a problem with us coming from Central Asian steppes, you should solve it with your guns, not with your cowardish statements."

To be honest I see nothing wrong in his posts. Is telling him to solve it with guns mature. Well if that is your view of maturity, hell I accept being the child of AE and feel damn proud of it.
Show us your supreme intelect by addressing the questions I made, then and only then can you speak of "mental age". But that is the known tactic of all ignorant wanna-be's, cover up their ignorance with insults.
If you had at least given some answers, I could accept it but you instead of giving us a name, source, hell something to work on (just in case you're right and I'm wrong) you attempt to insult.
Great job and an excellent example of maturity by Oguz

-------------
To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.

Posted By: Rava
Date Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 15:40

Oguzoglu, first, well dated (c.a. 1200 - 900 B.C.) items of so called Scythian Animal Style (deer and boar) were found in Arzhan kurghan (Altaj).

Date Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 15:45

Phallanx,

Unfortunately, life is too short for even to consider reading all your unnecessary posts and replying them. I dont take your words seriously. Go and do regular Greek jobs, just like breaking plates, eating gyros or insulting Turks, but just dont damn bother me. Understood?

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 15:58
Oguz

These are simple questions you are obviously unable to answer.
So why give us your deluted views of wanna-be history when you can't??

As for breaking plates, yeah might be doing some of that tonight, but you obviously have better things to do, like visit the Ornekkoy shelter

http://www.hurriyetim.com.tr/haber/0,,sid~2@tarih~2002-09- %2011-m@nvid~172761,00.asp

-------------

Posted By: Gubook Janggoon
Date Posted: 15-Jun-2005 at 17:41
Calm down boys, I'm sure we have better things to do than insult one another.

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Jun-2005 at 00:15

Originally posted by Phallanx

As for breaking plates, yeah might be doing some of that tonight, but you obviously have better things to do, like visit the Ornekkoy shelter

http://www.hurriyetim.com.tr/haber/0,,sid~2@tarih~2002-09- mailto:%2011-m@nvid~172761,00.asp - %2011-m@nvid~172761,00.asp

Wow, you follow Turkish newspaper, so you understand Turkish. Doesnt matter, once all Greeks used to, so another regular Greek job I suppouse...

Well, you got us from our weakest point, what can I say? But the interesting thing is, that event has a historical background, Turks used to do it since thousands of years, especially tens of times in the last thousand years. Have a look at its historical background with a chronology, and our first glorious relations with historical dogs http://www.allaboutturkey.com/conquest.htm - here ...

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Jun-2005 at 10:23
Oguz

Oh, what a great sence of humor, you're trully hilarious.
You can name us what you like but your culture and customs will not change, you are what you are, learn to accept it.
In some parts of the world, dogs are considered a delicatessen
(so I hear), you don't eat them, you use them for something else. That's OK by me, it's homos I find sick.

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Jun-2005 at 10:28

Phallanx

Homos? A Greek talk about homos?  Even  your heroes(achil,alexander) are homo.

Are you sure you are greek? I mean what you  did is  mostly belittle  greeks.

Date Posted: 16-Jun-2005 at 10:41
Murtaza

OK, another one.
You could open a book or two and avoid being ridiculed by posting such BS. There was a very informative topic in the Greek-Roman topics that would clear your every question. Read it!!!

Think again before you start talking about homos, if my mentioning the dogs hurt, you can't begin to imagine how this will feel if I get started.

Anyway, this is getting rediculous, all I want is answers to simple questions and you guys turn it into a flame war.

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Jun-2005 at 10:52

Phallanx

I didnt read  your  question,Mostly I didnt read your post  too.

You have not good-will. You mostly provocative. But This time your post is even absurd  for me . So I replied. Sorry wont make this mistake much.

Date Posted: 16-Jun-2005 at 10:57
Murtaza

You are obviously talking about something else, that I honestly don't understand. I am talking about my questions on the bottom of page 1 of this topic. Why is it provocative to question a twisted version of history???
Who ever said that the people of Iran have their origins in the Steppes, which was my question.

Is questioning this nonsence provocative??
Provocative is reading it not questioning it's credibility as a theory.

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Jun-2005 at 11:06

Who ever said that the people of Iran have their origins in the Steppes, which was my question.

I dont know.Infact I dont interested  with 4324234 years ago much.

They are just tales.

I  didnt call you provocative for  this question. By The way, Have fun.

I am  out.

Date Posted: 16-Jun-2005 at 11:11

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Jun-2005 at 13:06

Think again before you start talking about homos, if my mentioning the dogs hurt, you can't begin to imagine how this will feel if I get started. 

Homos? It is interesting that you, a Greek can dislike them. It isnt my history that is full of homos, but yours...

I didnt start talking about homos, you started it, by showing that past news of someday. But if you want to discuss about them, open a topic in the AE Tavern forum, I see you have lots of memories to share...

Anyway, this is getting rediculous, all I want is answers to simple questions and you guys turn it into a flame war.

You turned it into a flame war, with your first provocative post in that topic, no us. I said they are from Russian steppes, because I heard that was the origin of all IEs. And historians tell this, not me. Did I claim or create anything from my mind? No...

Oh, poor peaceful Phallanx, all his want is a friendly answer to his simple, logical questions. So ok Phallanx, go on, ask your question and I will answer it briefly. And then this flame war ends...

-------------

Posted By: ArmenianSurvival
Date Posted: 16-Jun-2005 at 20:00

Homos? It is interesting that you, a Greek can dislike them. It isnt my history that is full of homos, but yours...

All of our histories are full of homos. The only difference is that the Greeks happened to have homos that were famous. Lets not turn that into something else. Afterall, Greek homos were more brave than most straight men.

And to most everyone else, I think some of you need to stop insulting one another. Isnt there any hashish in your respective countries? If there is, smoke some. Itll help all of us. If you had the power to behave on your own, the hashish wouldnt be necessary.

-------------
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։

Date Posted: 16-Jun-2005 at 21:17
Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

All of our histories are full of homos. The only difference is that the Greeks happened to have homos that were famous. Lets not turn that into something else. Afterall, Greek homos were more brave than most straight men.

Please people either we know what we're talking about or please avoid being ridiculed!!!
As I said the topic has been discussed and all those that needed to be, were 'enlightened'. Please don't make me begin another homo rampage, I'll be once again titled as something.
All the answers needed are in the topic that has been mentioned.

The only thing homo about our (Hellinic ) history are the historians themselves.

-------------

Posted By: mausefalle
Date Posted: 16-Jun-2005 at 21:45
-------
Isnt there any hashish in your respective countries? If there is, smoke some. Itll help all of us. If you had the power to behave on your own, the hashish wouldnt be necessary.
-------

Hashish. . . ever heard of a movie called "The midnight express" and what happens to the corrupt heathens that make use of it?

-------------
"Tough guys don't dance. You had better believe it." --N Mailer

Date Posted: 16-Jun-2005 at 22:38
Homos? It is interesting that you, a Greek can dislike them. It isnt my history that is full of homos, but yours... I didnt start talking about homos, you started it, by showing that past news of someday. But if you want to discuss about them, open a topic in the AE Tavern forum, I see you have lots of memories to share...

OK, alchohol has once again made my vision blurry, so I'll respond later than I should have had.
Homos??? Where did I direct any kind of homo remark towards you or anyone else???  I simply said "I find homos sick" (read my post), I've told you time and time again, that if you can contribute to the topic "homosexuality in ancient Hellas" do it in the proper topic, otherwise swallow your ignorance and shut up.

All I did, was question your sources and your statement of 'take a gun' and you turned into a Hellas-Turkey war.
Well forgive me for questioning your propaganda sources of everything deriving from your non-existant culture/people.
Had you answered my SIMPLE questions intead of spreading your delusion of babysitting this would have ended long before it ever started.

You turned it into a flame war, with your first provocative post in that topic, no us. I said they are from Russian steppes, because I heard that was the origin of all IEs. And historians tell this, not me. Did I claim or create anything from my mind? No...

Oh, poor peaceful Phallanx, all his want is a friendly answer to his simple, logical questions. So ok Phallanx, go on, ask your question and I will answer it briefly. And then this flame war ends...

I've told you time and time again that I know english isn't your first language (neither is it mine) but either learn to use it correctly or hell, don't use it at all!!!.

Where is anything provocative???????
Here is what I said:

s this the IE- joke I hear???
Oguz, this is a totally outdated theory only believed by a very few wanna-be historians. There is more than enough proof to reject the very IE invasion theory.
But if we are to really use this theory, what should be mentioned is the fact that their origins are strongly believed to have been  S.E Europe or to be exact the Balkans. (you forgot about that)

I would like to know who exactly are the "today's IE"you mention and a name of any scholar that supports this "race" of people.

Unless you considered the rest of my post provocative, where I mention your childish behavior of mentioning " you should solve it with your guns, not with your cowardish statements."

Do you honestly believe you were right to say this and I am wrong???
If so, I honestly apologise and leave you to be judged by the fellow members of AE.
Hell, yes, please DO speak with guns, instead of arguments that is the mature way to go, that is the MEANING of civilization.
Yet according to you, I'm just a child.
Thanks.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 02:56

No Phallanx, you turned it into a flame war by suddenly entering to the topic, quoting my statement about the origins of IEs and blaming me with calling them Turks. So you did your regular anti Turkish job here, again.

This flame war have been very long and like in everytime, I am bored to reply your self lyings. You said you just wanted answers to your questions, but you still continue with your nonsense. Just ask your question if you have one.

you should solve it with your guns, not with your cowardish statements."

Yes, I wrote that, but as you know, it wasnt for you, but for the poster of the new topic. It is called sarcasm, something we and you use oftenly in our posts, if you dont know it, then dont try to teach me English. He said "lets send them to Mongolia", and as you know, that isnt something to solve with a civilized discussion, but with a psychiatrist. So I was just making fun of it. I see you are still trying to look as the "innocent oppressed guy" here. Go on, continue with trying to show yourself as the holy victim again, noone is that stupid to believe you here.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 08:24
Oguz

Yup, that is exactly what I said, you attempted to claim some connection between the Iranians and Turks by presenting some non-existant theory of Steppe origin.

As I posted by you avoided to answer and chose to respond with insults
quote:
"Why not present the scholars that support some Iranian origin from the Steppes, explain why there is NO connection in language, explain genetics.,,,, give us some of that secret knowledge."

Is questioning this BS anti-Turk and why??
Just like questioning the Polat Kaya BS in the 'Native Americans' topic was also anti-Turkish right??
So we have to shut up and accept your twisted versions of history in order to avoid being labeled anti-Turkish.
Sorry Oguz but that ain't gonna happen here.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 10:55

Yup, that is exactly what I said, you attempted to claim some connection between the Iranians and Turks by presenting some non-existant theory of Steppe origin.

NO, I didnt. If I said anything about IEs having Turkic origins, quote it little liar, so we can see how trustworthy your claims are. I said their origins were from the Russian steppes, according to an IE theory. That theory isnt proTurkish, isnt nationalist and even isnt created by Turks, and has nothing to do with us. Turks arent the only people whose origins are from Siberia. Lots of IE tribes that have nothing to do with Turks or Altaics have lived in Siberia, also Mongolians, Tunguz tribes, Siberian tiger, Siberian wolves, Siberian eagle, and millions of other types of organisms, animals etc. originate from Siberia. And in fact, Turks dont originate from Siberia, but from Altay region in C.A.

I know you understand and know I didnt claim anything about them having anything to do with Turks, but as another regular idiotic Greek job, you change my words into your "anti Turkish blaming tradition". So go on, quote any of my sentences claiming any Turkic relationship btw IEs if you can. But you cant boy, that is the main point that makes you look as a little clown.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 15:56
True that is what you said, their origins were from the Steppes, to be exact you said:

>>For example look at the IndoEuropeans, possibly they were one single ethhnicity from southern Siberia once, just like Turks.

Today, even Iranians are from Russian steppes. <<

Which was what I questioned in my post. Why, mention "just like Turks" if you had no intention of connecting them???

Besides, if you knew the first thing about the IE theory, you'd know that the alleged 'invasions' did not displace the original population of any area. They allegedly 'enlightened' them with their superior knowledge of art, agriculture, technology, language......

As I said in my first post :
>> Iranians from the Russian Steppes?
Well my history tells me the facts to be quite different to your version.<<

Was it really so hard for you to answer on that ???
Seems like it was !!!

Idiotic Greek job???
I've cleared it one too many times that this isn't your delusion of anti-Turkish agents attacking your country, some funded coalition with one and only purpose, to attack the Turks.
This is about not accepting a manipulated version of history.
Like it or not that is what you presented.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 16:22

I didnt mean they were Turks. I meant they were just a single ethnicity once, just like Turks, Latins, Semites etc. But I gave the example of Turks.

And Phallanx, according to your idea about IEs originating from Balkans, you meant they were protoGreeks, didnt you? Yeah, you exactly meant that.

So I didnt claim any of these things you suddenly and offensively blamed me with:

Dont worry Phallanx, today noone believes and even consideres the past historical mistakes of "Sun Language Theory" and the others today, except some antiTurks who can sacrifice their lives for every single antiTurkish effort, what I called regular Greek job...

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 16:27
[QUOTE = Oguzoglu]Dont worry Phallanx, today noone believes and even consideres the past historical mistakes of "Sun Language Theory" and the others today, except some antiTurks who can sacrifice their lives for every single antiTurkish effort, what I called regular Greek job...[/QUOTE]

Sacrifice their lives
What is this all about, are you for real????

Anyway, according to this, the reason you quoted Polat Kaya is either you're an antiTurk or simply believe his BS.
What is it???

My idea???
I never said it was my idea nor did I name them proto-anything. I just mentioned one of the several theories. This one supported by Colin Renfrew, Kalevi Wiik and Igor M. Diakonov to mention a few.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 17:21

My idea???
I never said it was my idea nor did I name them proto-anything. I just mentioned one of the several theories. This one supported by Colin Renfrew, Kalevi Wiik and Igor M. Diakonov to mention a few.

And it wasnt my idea that IEs were originated from Siberian steppes. It is a nonTurkish theory.

Yes, I quoted him, but just about the Northern American natives issue, not in his other works. It doesnt have anything to do with Turkish Sun Language Theory, it is a widely accepted fact that the Northern American natives were from Siberian/Altaic origins. But the topic isnt about that issue, so I wont discuss it here.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 17:35

And it wasnt my idea that IEs were originated from Siberian steppes. It is a nonTurkish theory.

Yes, I quoted him, but just about the Northern American natives issue, not in his other works. It doesnt have anything to do with Turkish Sun Language Theory, it is a widely accepted fact that the Northern American natives were from Siberian/Altaic origins. But the topic isnt about that issue, so I wont discuss it here.

If you'd answeresd my question this would have ended a long time ago. So I'll re-post it.

Why not present the scholars that support some Iranian origin from the Steppes, explain why there is NO connection in language, explain genetics.,,,, give us some of that secret knowledge.

I hope this time I do get an answer.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 17:49

The Aryan invasion theory is a historical theory first put forth by the German Indologist Friedrich Max Mller and others in the mid nineteenth century in order to provide a historical explanation for the existence of Indo-European languages in India. According to the most common version of the Aryan Invasion Theory (AIT), the Aryans originated in South Russia, Ukraine and western Siberia, from where they invaded or migrated to Iran, India, Central Asia, and Europe.

And there is also another theory about their origins, the Asiatic origin theory. The Central Asia as the region of the original land of Indo-Europeans was supported by a number of other scholars, including Hen, Kipert, Moore. The latter of them was especially sophisticated in searching over the ancient Indic texts, and described some special attitude of Aryans towards winter and towards the people  who live north of India, in Central Asia.

R.Latham was the first to argue with the Asiatic homeland theory (the sixties of the 19th century). As Latham was convinced, it should be searched again in Europe, where the majority of Indo-European speakers are situated. Though Latham's view was not supported by any significant proofs, he was supported by W.Benfey, according to whom the Indo-European languages do not have common names for Asiatic animals (lion, tiger, camel), and therefore these animals were unknown to the Proto-language.

Enough answer? I think so...

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 18:03
Oh com'on Oguz. I mean wikipedia? please. That is the 'internet scholarship' and besides that my questions aren't answered.

As if that isn't bad enough, this isn't even an exact copy and paste. You intentionally manipulated the original source and added western Siberia which isn't mentioned, just to support your version.

Wanna talk about little clowns and boys now???

Forget it, you're trully a waste of time.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 18:18

"As if that isn't bad enough, this isn't even an exact copy and paste. You intentionally manipulated the original source and added western Siberia which isn't mentioned, just to support your version."

Yes, I did it, but not only to support my idea. I did it because I didnt want to copy paste the whole article and find the statements about possible Siberian origins. I am bored you know. And wikipedi is a fine site, it has nearly the same information with all other sites about IE theory. That western Siberia theory is real, but it wasnt mentioned in that first paragraph, so I needed to add it. But if it bothers you, I can simply delete it, since I have a couple of more sites to support those theories.

And dont come and tell me you have never copy pasted information and synthesized information from a couple of sources. That would be low...

That wasnt all my answer. Try the Asiatic origin theory, that is enlighting...

Wanna talk about little clowns and boys now???

Yeah, sure. You begin, you are the professional one here...

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 18:46
Yes, I did it, but not only to support my idea. I did it because I didnt want to copy paste the whole article and find the statements about possible Siberian origins.

Keyword here is 'NOT ONLY''.
Anyway, here is some real info.

This theory was introduced by Brits during their occupation of India for one and only reason. So that the local population wouldn't see them as foreigners and so they could remain in power.

If we look at the dates presented we literally find chaos. From originally supporting a date around 1800BC the continuous archeologic finds have made the supporters of the theory raise this date to the 5th millenium, but once again that doesn't seem to be enough thanks to the finds of the Lascaux cave.

Do a search and you'll find that there are horses painted on the walls of the cave and are dated to the 15th millenium, but how can this be possible, when one of the arguments these wanna-be's present, is that the 'Aryans' brought the horse, previously unknown to the world??

We could continue by pointing out the finds in the Vedic valley that demolish this joke of a theory or the liguistic elements but I'm sure, you do get the point.

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Jun-2005 at 05:33

[QUOTE]
We could continue by pointing out the finds in the Vedic valley that demolish this joke of a theory or the liguistic elements but I'm sure, you do get the point.

Please do, if you have the time, that was interesting.

-------------

Posted By: kermit_criminal
Date Posted: 25-Jun-2005 at 19:57
were the earliest turks mongoloid, or caucasian? if they were originally mongoloid from mongolia you would think the migration westward would have whitewashed their genes so to speak. Most Turkic people on this board are of the caucas-centric point of view, but that likely is due to gradual admixture with other peoples. The purest living Turkic peoples today are probably the Yakuts of Siberia and they look nothing like Europeanized Turkey Turks. This is why i dont understand how Uzbeks like Perdon for example, can be so racist against East Asian types

Posted By: Cywr
Date Posted: 26-Jun-2005 at 04:31
This is why i dont understand how Uzbeks like Perdon for example, can be so racist against East Asian types

What is there not to understand?
Go back far enough and everyone is related, but this doesn't stop racism.
And Turkicness is a cultural/linguistic thing, as such there is no such thing as 'purity' there.

-------------
Arrrgh!!"

Date Posted: 26-Jun-2005 at 05:53

Originally posted by kermit_criminal

were the earliest turks mongoloid, or caucasian? if they were originally mongoloid from mongolia you would think the migration westward would have whitewashed their genes so to speak. Most Turkic people on this board are of the caucas-centric point of view, but that likely is due to gradual admixture with other peoples. The purest living Turkic peoples today are probably the Yakuts of Siberia and they look nothing like Europeanized Turkey Turks. This is why i dont understand how Uzbeks like Perdon for example, can be so racist against East Asian types

Kermit,

There is no obvious thing such as original Turks. We cant be sure that even their original homeland was Altay mountains, western Mongolia. That was just the origin of Gktrk dynasty, and they were blacksmiths, they possibly immigrated there from another region.

Turks, Turkic people were nomads. That is why it is so hard to describe a specific homeland, a specific ethnicity, or a specific civilization for them. They immigrated to Mongolia, they mixed with Mongoloids. They immigrated to Russian steppes, they mixed with Slavic blondes. They immigrated to India, they mixed with Indians, and they immigrated to middle East and Europe, intermixed with the locals. Today, the theory of native Americans being Central Siberian nomads once is internationally accepted, and they belong to a totally different race. They cant grow facial hair for example.

Being Turk, or inheriting Turkic culture is not about your look, or your race. If you know the exact versions of Turkic myths of creation or common ancestry, you would realize that it is all about a common ancestry from a common father. And that makes you a Turk, your common ancestry, your common cultural elements and your self identity. Turks dont have a defiate original race, we, most of the nations in the world didnt care about such things before the nationalism age.

Being racist is disgusting. Today, the last person in the world who would be racist is a Turk. Turks didnt care about such nonsense, racial purity etc. Today, all people from a common Turkic ancestry who could keep his cultural values alive are Turks, no matter their race or looks.

And btw, today, if we are to show a pure prototype for Turkic racial structure, that would be Turkmens. They are the purest Turks on earth in terms of intermixing. Yakut (Sakha) Turks arent such original Turks at all, they are mostly consisted of Tunguzic tribes, and their admixture with Turks. Their language is assimilated in Turkic culture.

-------------

Date Posted: 26-Jun-2005 at 05:58
Plus those Yakuts would have had to move into Siberia, displacing existing peoples, or perhaps assmilating and intermarrying with them, so they too could be 'impure'. So a simplistic (not to mention somewhat out dated) Caucasoid vs Mongloid dichotomy is virtualy useless for determing Turkic 'purity'.

-------------
Arrrgh!!"

Date Posted: 26-Jun-2005 at 16:56

Is it possible that the European theories of racial orgin could be wrong, and instead of caucasians and mongoloids being separate races, they are really sub-races of the proto-turk where proto-turkic tribes branched off due to isolation during the ice ages. Meaning instead of turkic peoples being a mix of whites and asian(like hispanics today in the americas), whites and east asians originated from proto-turks? East Asians branching off from proto-turks in Mongolia, with Nordics branching off from proto-turks around Kalmykia region? 

Date Posted: 26-Jun-2005 at 17:04

Yea that's what happened.

-------------

Date Posted: 26-Jun-2005 at 17:16
come to think about it... native americans and malayo-polynesians share striking similarities not only with each other, but with mongoloids and caucasians. native americans would very well be these "proto-turkic peoples". If you look at native alaskans and canadians, they look similiar to east asian peoples, wheras natives of the southwest and eastern united states look more like dark caucasoids.

Date Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 05:15
Not all 'Asians' are mongoloid, in fact most aren't. Likewise most Caucasoids aren't 'white', your mixing Americanised popular labels with outdated anthropology ones. There are numerous ways of classifying humans into groups and subgroups.
And again, your are conviently avoiding the point that Turkic/Altaic isn't a race anymore than Afro-Asatic or Sino-Tibetian is. Hell, while where at it, why don't we pretend that all Caucasian Indo-European speakers are infact part of the Germanic Race, so clearly all those people are sub races of the proto-Germanic one, naturaly modern day Germans are the most pure.

-------------
Arrrgh!!"

Posted By: TheodoreFelix
Date Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 12:44
Yes however they show that somehow all these people in Europe have some kind of ties.

I mean look at this. Picture of Turks;

Cmon Cywr! http://www.nato.int/pictures/2004/040626b/b040626n.jpg - http://www.nato.int/pictures/2004/040626b/b040626n.jpg

-------------

Date Posted: 27-Jun-2005 at 12:59
Those ties go well beyond Europe. Europe is after all a convient socio-cultural invention.

-------------
Arrrgh!!"

Date Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 01:46

Originally posted by Cywr

Not all 'Asians' are mongoloid, in fact most aren't. Likewise most Caucasoids aren't 'white', your mixing Americanised popular labels with outdated anthropology ones. There are numerous ways of classifying humans into groups and subgroups.
And again, your are conviently avoiding the point that Turkic/Altaic isn't a race anymore than Afro-Asatic or Sino-Tibetian is. Hell, while where at it, why don't we pretend that all Caucasian Indo-European speakers are infact part of the Germanic Race, so clearly all those people are sub races of the proto-Germanic one, naturaly modern day Germans are the most pure.

you are just arguing semantics. besides i believe more then half of asia is in fact mongoloid

Date Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 05:33
Kind of relevant when dealing with the notion of a 'Turkic race'.
If this proto-Turkic race is the ancestor of all modern Eurasians, shouldn't we be looking in Africa for racialy Turkoid skeletons?

-------------
Arrrgh!!"

Date Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 06:06

what does africa have to do with turkic people.

the idea of proto-turkic race was just something i threw out there to see what turks think to get a feel where they believe turks originated. since some turks on this board think caucasian turks are the "purest"

Date Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 06:21
Today, the theory of native Americans being Central Siberian nomads once is internationally accepted, and they belong to a totally different race. They cant grow facial hair for example.

Hmmm, internationally accepted?
If anyone thinks that Turkish 'scholars' represent the international scientific society, then OK, but it seems like the whole topic looks quite different under the international perspective, since theories vary.

Did ancient Polynesians visit California?
Maybe so.

Scholars revive idea using linguistic ties, Indian headdress

Scientists are taking a new look at an old and controversial idea: that ancient Polynesians sailed to Southern California a millennium before Christopher Columbus landed on the East Coast.

Key new evidence comes from two directions. The first involves revised carbon-dating of an ancient ceremonial headdress used by Southern California's Chumash Indians. The second involves research by two California scientists who suggest that a Chumash word for "sewn-plank canoe" is derived from a Polynesian word for the wood used to construct the same boat.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/06/20/MNG9GDBBLG1.DTL&hw=klar&sn=001&sc=1000 - LINK

If you ask me, Polynesia is quite a long way from Siberia, add that to genetics and BINGO, we have their most probable origin.

-------------

Date Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 06:23
This:

and instead of caucasians and mongoloids being separate races, they are really sub-races of the proto-turk where proto-turkic tribes branched off due to isolation during the ice ages. Meaning instead of turkic peoples being a mix of whites and asian(like hispanics today in the americas), whites and east asians originated from proto-turks? East Asians branching off from proto-turks in Mongolia, with Nordics branching off from proto-turks around Kalmykia region?

Humans originated in Africa, so if non-Turkic Eurasians branched off from these Proto-Turks, then we must be able to trace this race of Proto-Turks moving out of Africa and then branching off.
Also, Turkic is but one member of the Altaic family, Tngustic and Mongolian being the other two main ones, so if anything you should be looking for a proto-Altaic race.

Personaly i think trying to understand Turkicness in terms of a Caucasoid vs Mongloid dichotomy is relativly useless, as it seems to be that Turkic peoples were born out of the genetic melting pot of Central Asia.
And of course, understanding the the spread of Turkic culture coems from just that, studying the culture and language.

If it intrests you, there is a hypothetical language super family called Nostratic, that is a theorised mother of many Eurasian languages, including the Indo-European, Uralic, Altiac (includes Turkic languages), Caucasian, Afro-Asiatic and then some. Its basicly an idea to understand the spraed of languages into much of Eurasia and how they then brole up into their seperate families. Theres still alot of skepticsm over the idea, but its an interesting one none the less.

-------------
Arrrgh!!"

Date Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 06:45

Originally posted by Cywr

This:

and instead of caucasians and mongoloids being separate races, they are really sub-races of the proto-turk where proto-turkic tribes branched off due to isolation during the ice ages. Meaning instead of turkic peoples being a mix of whites and asian(like hispanics today in the americas), whites and east asians originated from proto-turks? East Asians branching off from proto-turks in Mongolia, with Nordics branching off from proto-turks around Kalmykia region?

Humans originated in Africa, so if non-Turkic Eurasians branched off from these Proto-Turks, then we must be able to trace this race of Proto-Turks moving out of Africa and then branching off.
Also, Turkic is but one member of the Altaic family, Tngustic and Mongolian being the other two main ones, so if anything you should be looking for a proto-Altaic race.

Personaly i think trying to understand Turkicness in terms of a Caucasoid vs Mongloid dichotomy is relativly useless, as it seems to be that Turkic peoples were born out of the genetic melting pot of Central Asia.
And of course, understanding the the spread of Turkic culture coems from just that, studying the culture and language.

If it intrests you, there is a hypothetical language super family called Nostratic, that is a theorised mother of many Eurasian languages, including the Indo-European, Uralic, Altiac (includes Turkic languages), Caucasian, Afro-Asiatic and then some. Its basicly an idea to understand the spraed of languages into much of Eurasia and how they then brole up into their seperate families. Theres still alot of skepticsm over the idea, but its an interesting one none the less.

point taken, i will look into this hypothetical Nostratic language famly

when a thread talks about origins of turks in mongolia, one must wonder what these turks in monoglia looked like back then

Date Posted: 28-Jun-2005 at 06:50

Today, the theory of native Americans being Central Siberian nomads once is internationally accepted, and they belong to a totally different race. They cant grow facial hair for example.

Hmmm, internationally accepted?
If anyone thinks that Turkish 'scholars' represent the international scientific society, then OK, but it seems like the whole topic looks quite different under the international perspective, since theories vary.

Did ancient Polynesians visit California?
Maybe so.

Scholars revive idea using linguistic ties, Indian headdress

Scientists are taking a new look at an old and controversial idea: that ancient Polynesians sailed to Southern California a millennium before Christopher Columbus landed on the East Coast.

Key new evidence comes from two directions. The first involves revised carbon-dating of an ancient ceremonial headdress used by Southern California's Chumash Indians. The second involves research by two California scientists who suggest that a Chumash word for "sewn-plank canoe" is derived from a Polynesian word for the wood used to construct the same boat.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/06/20/MNG9GDBBLG1.DTL&hw=klar&sn=001&sc=1000 - LINK

If you ask me, Polynesia is quite a long way from Siberia, add that to genetics and BINGO, we have their most probable origin.

DNA evidence backs that up as well, i posted this in another thread also.

http://cita.chattanooga.org/mtdna.html - http://cita.chattanooga.org/mtdna.html

Polynesian Links?

To their surprise, however, the researchers found that native Siberians lack one peculiar mutation that appeared in the Amerinds 6,000 to 10,000 years ago. This raises the question of where, if not from Siberia, this mtDNA originated.

It turns out, Dr. Wallace says, that this particular mutation pattern is also found in aboriginal populations in Southeast Asia and in the islands of Melanesia and Polynesia. This hints at what may have been "one of the most astounding migrations in human experience," he says. A group of ancient peoples moved out of China into Malaysia where they became sailors and populated the islands of the South Pacific.

Then some 6,000 to 12,000 years ago these ancient mariners made it to the Americas. "I don't know how they came," Dr. Wallace says. "They either came across the Pacific to Central and South America or they went up the east coast of Asia and across the northern Pacific to Alaska and Canada," he says. He already is examining mtDNA samples from natives of the Kamchatka Peninsula north of Japan to see if there is any mtDNA trace of these ancient sailors.

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com