Print Page | Close Window

Origin of Greek Deities

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: Regional History or Period History
Forum Name: Ancient Mediterranean and Europe
Forum Discription: Greece, Macedon, Rome and other cultures such as Celtic and Germanic tribes
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=37329
Printed Date: 19-Apr-2024 at 23:46
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Origin of Greek Deities
Posted By: Tarkesh
Subject: Origin of Greek Deities
Date Posted: 02-Jul-2017 at 10:34
The indigenous goddesses Hera and Artemis were in pre-Greek times of much more importance than in Greek times, after PIE people had intruded in Hellas (around 2000 BCE) and step by step established their male gods, primarily sky god Zeus who is a PIE import. Still then, there was a period of transition when Hera was still more important than Zeus. The PIE intruders finally put Zeus above her by transforming Hera into a subordinated wife of Zeus, what is symptomal of the submission of the indigenous population (with their preference of female deities) to the patriarchalic PIE intruders. Artemis is an original indigenous goddess, too. She is the Greek version of the Anatolian mother goddess Cybele whose roots are much older than those of the PIE male gods. In Ephesus, one of the largest cities in Antiquity, Artemis was the most venerated Greek deity even until the 5th century CE.

Dionysos is surely no PIE import but originated in Thrace. Statistically, he is possibly the most venerated Greek deity. His biggest fans were female, called ´Maenads´ or ´Thyiades´. Near the temple of Delphi, which Apollo and Dionysos shared as residence, thousands of thyiades celebrated every two years the resurrection of Dionysos through a wild ritual: it is said that they tore goats and ate their raw flesh in order to re-enact the fate of their hero who had been torn by the titans. However that behavior could be a mere horror story invented by patriarchalic males to illustrate the risks of female freedom, similar to the Amazon myth which is most probably a patriarchalic horror story for the same reason.

Replies:
Posted By: Arthur-Robin
Date Posted: 04-Jul-2017 at 06:21
The post seemed to me to be not much on the title of (origins of Greek gods) so much as on what i commented below after this first 1 bit.

Perhaps the pre-Greek gods might be in some groups like the Titans?

Titans - Olympians
"Dionysian - Apollonian"
Pelasgian - Hellene
Minoan/Mycenaean - Classical
Athens/Ionian - Sparta/Dorian
Troy - Mycenae/Sparta.

It is half a false artificial dualism to make out that "Indo-europeans" are "patriarchal" versus "matriarchal" earlier inhabitants. Most "Aryan" high cultures had high regard for women and treated women well. (In the "spring/golden" periods if not so much in he decadent/declining/falling "winter/dark/iron" periods. "Finally, Kali Yuga, the dark age of today, is riven with quarrels, dissension, wars, and strife. Love and sex are separated. Few know truth. Possessions, not righteousness, confer rank and outer trappings are confused with inner religion.")

Though it does also seem half true in regards that the bible prophecies that the "Beast" ["Indo-european"] will hate and burn the harlot/whore "Babylon" [Rome] (Papacy/Vatican, fluoridation, soft/effeminate, dualist/schizoid, dehumanism, globalism, corporatism, free trade, "freedom", "cosmopolis"). Just like ancient gentile mythology has hero god Marduk/Bel slaying the "female" dragon Tiamat (or Kur). Here, "matriarchal" "Hera" (or "Cybele") corresponds [via Eve?] with "Babylon" and Tiamat, and with Pratney's "Semiramis". Plus compare Serrano's "Godhead" & saviour/avatara & "sons of god" versus the materialist primitive godlet demiurge "Yahweh" and demonic robots/hosts/forces of entropy of the Kali Yuga dark age. That is not necessarily to say that Yahweh is evil, but just that the harlot "Babylon" is (via Tiamat?) confounded with Yahweh. Compare that "Ephesus" in 'Revelation' is corresponded with the early apostolic church centred in Jerusalem (Artemis/Diana is virgin goddess...). Ephesus called "one of the largest cities in antiquity" makes me think of descriptions of Babylon, Rome, Istanbul, London. "Dionysos" might be [via Jesus/Christian link] a code for pope? Delphi as navel of world corresponds with Rome and Babylon and Mecca as centres of their worlds.

There is much in common between Leopold von Schroeder, Alexander Jacob, Miguel Serrano, Posnansky, and the "Aryan Atlantis" theory.

In between the two we have Barbara Walker's "matriarchal" stuff which has some good, but also maybe has some not so good maybe tending towards harlot "Babylon". Whereas the Satanic Reds "matriarchal" stuff is better and maybe doesn't tend so much towards "Babylon".
Pratney's Carthage (Moloch) ["Bablyon pattern"] versus Rome (family) is good but has problem that modern Rome lies to Christians and is really "Babylonian". Some claim that globalism is "Jewish" and opposed by Romans, but so many evidences i've seen point to Rome ("Babylon") far more than to the Jews ("Egypt & Sodom").

Hera - vs - Zeus
Eve - vs - seed/serpent/Adam?
harlot Babylon - vs - the Beast
Ishtar -vs - Gilgamesh
Tiamat - vs- Marduk/Bel
godlet "Yahweh" - vs - "God(head)"
Rome/Papacy/agora/fluoride - vs - Indoeuropean/EU/G7/Nato
Isis/Isil - vs - EU/US
"followers of jesus vs nephilim (ruling families of world & leadership of Americas)"

Global corporate economic world order with its Homer Simpsons and its gay activism and feminism and fluoridated water is too feminine for men (animus suppressed/repressed/dark/shadow). Though on the other hand they are considered to be too male (rationalist, corporate, etc) and not feminine (natural, intuitive, etc).
Women like men not boys/eunuchs, though they don't like [arrogant?] Some believe that this tension goes back to "Adam's rule" vs "Eve's desire"?

"Sorrow is the veiled Isis of the world, and once we penetrate her mystery and see her deeply-furrowed face and mournful eyes, the magic light of romance dies all away, and we realise the hard bitter fact of life in all its nakedness."

-------------
NZ's mandatory fluoridation is not fair because it only forces it on the disadvantaged/some and not on the advantaged/everyone.

Posted By: Aeoli
Date Posted: 15-Jul-2017 at 07:11
It is shame. This topic should be pages.Wink

Zeus - Sky God / Thumber / Bull
Hera - Earth / Women 

Didn't they same with other Near Eastern gods such as Teshub and Hepat ?

Posted By: Sarfaraj
Date Posted: 19-Jul-2017 at 06:42

Zeus is a king of all gods. Zeus was the god of the sky and ruler of the Olympian gods. He overthrew his father, Cronus, and then drew lots with his brothers Poseidon and Hades, in aides to decide who would flourish their father on the throne. Zeus won the draw and became the hegemonic ruler of the gods, as well as lord of the sky and rain. His weapon was a thunderbolt which he hurled at those who unhappily or defied him, especially liars and oath breakers. He was married to Hera but often tested her sangfroid, as he was infamous for his many functions.

https://www.historyly.com/greek-history/famous-greek-goddesses/ -

Posted By: Arthur-Robin
Date Posted: 25-Jul-2017 at 13:57
Aeoli: I did want to discuss the real subject title but the first post wasn't really about the same thing as the title. Also i had/have plenty of ideas on this but holding off because i didn't want to give too much away before i've finished my research connected with this (has been being held up by the bad water forced on me every meal every day).

I did myself wonder if Zeus-pater is Tesh-up, and if Her(w)a is Hebat.

Instead of giving away my ideas before ready i could just post things already proposed (whether right or wrong).

Greek - Indian
Zeus - Dyaus
Helios - Surya
Uranus - Varuna
Eos - Ushas
"Pan ~ Pushan"?
Plutus - Prithu
Demeter - Deva-matri (GW Cox)?
"Dionysos - Deva-Nahusha"?
Prometheus - Pramnatha? or Pramati?

Greek - Hittite:
Zeus - Shiush/Siusumi [or Teshub?]
Artemis - Ruta(mi)s [Rundas?]
Apollo - Apulunas/Pldans

Greek - (proto-)Indo-European:
Keraunos - Perkwunos
Zeus - Dyeus pter
Pan - Paxuson?

Greek - Kassite:
Boreas - Buriash
Helios - Surias

Greek - Sumerian
Gaea - Ki
"Dionysus - Dian-nisi"?

-------------
NZ's mandatory fluoridation is not fair because it only forces it on the disadvantaged/some and not on the advantaged/everyone.

Posted By: Aeoli
Date Posted: 29-Jul-2017 at 13:35
I am looking forward to talk about you when you finish your research Big smile

Posted By: Lee
Date Posted: 03-Oct-2017 at 12:24
Since the Greek Language is written in the script of the Phoenicians ,  I tried to see if any of the Greek deities had cognates in Hebrew. 

Zeus -  Ieve 
Hercules/Mercury - Melqart 
Helios - Alie 
Hermes/Olympus - Aleim / Hrmon / Slm 
Adonis - Adn 
Aphrodite - Aprt Bit-lhm
Medusa - Mdvo / Mtva ( Rod of Moses ) 
Phorcus/Gorgo - Rgv 
Chrysaor - Grsm 
Cadmus - Cdme
Troy/Tyro  - Tr   * walled city 
Illion - Alvn  ( Oak Trees)  
Belus - Bol
Trojan Horse    ' Iar Cvp '     * hippocampus
Aethiopia   ' avd- Ipve   (  burnt mouth ) 
Cepheus - Cvp
Dragon/Kraken  -  Ierakon  * Hippocampus
Cetus  d-g * hippocampus 
Phoenix -  Qiniz  
Eridanus - Irdn
Phaeton  -   Pe avd 
Aegyptus - Ioqb  * hippocampus
Hespirides  - ash prd   ( separated from ice )
 -  same as Paradeisson /  Perseus 

Nephele -  Npl/Nhl/anap  * fallen cloud / snow (figuratively 'Ice Giants)
or Winter torrents  ..  Cyclops/Gigantes   ( always Snow mountains - Caucasus/Lebanon mountain) 

Argonaut  - Hippocampus - iar cvp  / ioqb
Nilus  -  Nhl  ( winter torrent) 
Memphis -   'mim-ph   ( river-mouth)
Chaos/Chasm -  Gsm  * Rain 
Pegasus -  Hippocampus

*Hippocampus ( possibly some ancient irrigation system),  so Greeks most likely infiltrated
Troy through a dried up conduit ,  Since the word Hippo , was originally with the letter K (Ikkos)   ,  in Phoenician APIK means 'channel of water',  'KUK' means Horse,   similar to 
Greek πηγάζω   ( Pegazo)  'channel of water',   that also became to mean Pegasus ( Winged Horse)   compare Latin  Equus ( Horse)  with Aqua (Water ) .

This is my own research, it is very loose at the moment. 

-------------
Hope rises like a Phoenix

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com