Print Page | Close Window

1000 yrs of European Boarder Change

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: General History
Forum Name: Historical Maps Gallery
Forum Discription: Post and discuss historical maps…
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36052
Printed Date: 16-Apr-2024 at 13:29
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 1000 yrs of European Boarder Change
Posted By: TheAlaniDragonRising
Subject: 1000 yrs of European Boarder Change
Date Posted: 19-Feb-2016 at 11:17
1000 yrs of European Boarder Change

Fascinating, and also difficult to take your eyes from. Enjoy.Smile
[TUBE]vLxzSQEF71g[/TUBE]

-------------
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.

Replies:
Posted By: Centrix Vigilis
Date Posted: 19-Feb-2016 at 16:49
That was pretty good.

-------------
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Posted By: Mosquito
Date Posted: 23-Feb-2016 at 16:58
so far I see this clip sucks. Partitions of Poland took place in 1772, 1793 and 1795. In the clip they seems to happend about 30 years earlier. It also doesnt show Polish occupation of Russia in years 1610-1612. Most likely there are many more mistakes.

-------------
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Date Posted: 23-Feb-2016 at 17:58
Not totally accurate perhaps but the idea is pretty good.

As for Poland and its ups and downs...we got you for specifics ....so quit complaining.

-------------

S. T. Friedman

Posted By: TheAlaniDragonRising
Date Posted: 23-Feb-2016 at 22:41
Originally posted by Mosquito

so far I see this clip sucks. Partitions of Poland took place in 1772, 1793 and 1795. In the clip they seems to happend about 30 years earlier. It also doesnt show Polish occupation of Russia in years 1610-1612. Most likely there are many more mistakes.

Well Mosquito, as your field of vision so far has restricted you to Poland, while an entity or otherwise, did you by any chance note if the Forth partition of Poland was any more precise? By the way, Mosquito, would that be 1815, 1832, 1846, or even 1939? Smile Looks to me as you're going to have to have sharp words with your board of education, Mosquito, for treating your people as fools. Tell them we see right through the three, four partition deception. 1) 1772, 2) 1793, 3) 1795, 4) 1815, 5) 1832, 6) 1846, 7) 1939 Smile

Anyhow, Mosquito, for the other issue the 1610-1612. In the context of a time-lapse, as the video is, would the event have taken any longer than 1000th of a second?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.

Date Posted: 24-Feb-2016 at 04:45
It was just the easiest for me to notice that somthing is wrong with the map, when I noticed that Poland dissapeared from maps much earlier than really did. But it seems that it also appears back on the map earlier than it should.

Mosquito, for the other issue the 1610-1612. In the context of a time-lapse, as the video is, would the event have taken any longer than 1000th of a second?

However it shows short time occupation of Poland-Lithuania territory during the so called Deluge (swedish-Polish war 1655-1660) and it shows rebellion of Khmielnitzky in Ukraine or incursion of Karl XII of Sweden.

-------------
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Date Posted: 24-Feb-2016 at 16:52
You see...I told ya Polish specifics is your job. Now go make us a better time lapse record for Poland. Alani's was good enuff to stimulate your efforts.

amen.

-------------

S. T. Friedman

Date Posted: 24-Feb-2016 at 18:49
Correct me if Im wrong but I think that the whole map and all the border changes are becoming too early. Take for example 1WW - it also seems to happend in this clip at least 10 years earlier than it did

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com