Peoples Liberation Army Navy-CHINA

ROYAL THAI NAVY

INDIAN NAVY

-------------
Kha Wora Phutthachao Nop Phra Phumiban Bunya Direk

Replies:
Posted By: hansioux
Date Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 18:00

I am amazed to see how fast the "stealthy" boat design is picking up in all of Asia already!!!

The leaned back angles on all the boats, minimizing right angles and curves, wow.... I thought it's a new developement, I guess Asian navy are not slow to pick up new hardware.

-------------
Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet

Posted By: King Chulalongkorn
Date Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 09:25
Yes, we're pretty fast in developing and utilizing western style naval designs. Personally, I really dont care for destroyer ships, my country needs to invest in another carrier. We're already a light blue navy, but another carrier would allow Thailand to have a complete deep blue water navy.

So tell us more about the Taiwanese naval fleet HanSouix.

-------------

Posted By: demon
Date Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 17:21
I didn't know the Japanese navy was limited to Cruisers...

-------------
Grrr..

Date Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 19:09
Yea, considering the Japanese dont have a 'navy' but have a 'Self defense maritime force'. Anything else beyond destroyers and cruizers would be of offensive factor, which Japan is forbidden to commit under her constitution.

JSDFMF may be defensive, but its quite lethal..

-------------

Posted By: babyblue
Date Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 08:36
    japan dun have cruisers period.

-------------

Date Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 12:47

Wrong. The Japanese have a large procurment of cruizers and destroyers, which they use as the primary naval vessel in their JSDFMF arch. JSDFMF ships have excellent durability and firepower compared to PLAN's unstable fleet.

The Japanese Cruizer Katori on a diplomatic mission to Malta

Japanese cruizer Yamayuki..look at those guns

Hatsuyuki in Malta...Nice armament..

So..you said Japan doesnt have cruizers? lol. Guess you dont know anything about the navy! LOL!!

-------------

Posted By: Styrbiorn
Date Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 12:58
The Katori is a small training ship, not a cruiser, while the Hatsuyuki class is destroyers. Japan hasn't had any cruisers since the Second World War.

This is a cruiser, nuclear powered Peter the Great (which BTW, presumably shot down a Swedish Viggen photographing her back in 1996), about ten times the tonnage and twice the length of the Hatsuyuki.

Date Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 13:34

St Peter the great may have a huge tonnage and armament but without Air superiority it will be a sitting duck, as was the Japanese super battleships Yamato and the Musashi. May I remind you JSDFAF has quite the array of F-16, F-15 and F-18. LOL, you forget Japan has an American nuclear umbrella.with over 40,000 US Marines in Okinawa..you try attacking a japanese ship and watch how you will be destroyed.

Plus..remember the Tsushima straits.. Russian baltic fleet... booom LOL!

-------------

Date Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 13:37
Err, so what?
The issue was about Japan not having any cruisers, and I showed one to compare with the destroyers you called cruisers.

Date Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 13:40

http://www.defencejournal.com/dec98/russian-navy.htm - http://www.defencejournal.com/dec98/russian-navy.htm

After the disintegration of the Soviet Union, the Russian Navy has been reduced by half. Russia retained only 66 percent (113) of the 170 factories and enterprises directly supporting naval shipbuilding6. A prime example was the loss of the Ukraine shipbuilding yards, as a consequence of which only one aircraft carrier, the new Admiral Kuznetsov, remains in service and the navy cannot refit most of its remaining cruisers. Similarly six of the Baltic Fleet's seven ship repair yards are now inaccessible. Such is the problem that the navy now claims to retain only 34 percent of the ship repair capacity which it requires. The supply of spares has also been disrupted by the fact that many factories which were traditionally monopoly suppliers are now abroad. Further blows to the navy's infrastructure were dealt with the loss of bases and training establishments which have proved difficult or impossible to replace7. The current state of the Russian Navy and the outlook for its future development are the cause of some concern to her sailors, due to, firstly, Russia's Naval power is diminishing, the shipbuilding industry will be incapable of turning out nuclear submarines and ocean going vessels. Secondly, since 1992, the inventory of vessels has shrunk by a half and naval aviation by 60 percent; ageing of vessels and armament varies from 70 percent to 30 percent according to the type. By the 21st century a mere 10 percent of all vessels will comprise new models8.

In order to deal with this, the Russian Navy has further reduced operations and removed from operational status those ships and submarines with less than half of their planned service remaining. This has resulted in the complete elimination of several classes of ships and submarines, remaining the need for many costly overhauls, nuclear refuelling, and a reduction in the navy's manpower requirements, allowing for the elimination and consolidation of some navy formations. No part of the Navy was spared9. It remains tasked with defensive operations.

So.......LOL!!

http://www.defencejournal.com/dec98/russian-navy.htm -  

-------------

Date Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 13:42

Originally posted by Styrbiorn

Err, so what?
The issue was about Japan not having any cruisers, and I showed one to compare with the destroyers you called cruisers.

And I stand corrected, but your showing of of the Peter the Great has no basis since Russia's 'Navy' is in a pragmatic state and unable to stop the rampant piracy in her shores (largest in the world). How in the name of Buddha can she even go against JSDFMF (largest and most expensive in Asia second to USA) LOL!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 13:48
What are you on? I didn't "show off" anything, I merely posted the first pic of a modern cruiser I could find to demonstrate the difference in size between a destroyer and a cruiser.

Date Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 13:53

Lol!! Dont get offended because I proved you wrong and revealed the flaws of the 'Russian Mighty Fleet and Navy'.

To correct you the 'St Peter the Great' has been inactive for a while due to the 'lack of funds' from Russia's defense budget.

-------------

Date Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 13:58
"Prove me wrong"? What did I state that was wrong? I made three and only three statements:

1. Katori is a training vessel
2. Hatsuyuki class is destroyers
3. Peter the Great is a cruiser, and as such much larger in size than a destroyer

Now, which of these - which are all true - are you refering to?

Posted By: I/eye
Date Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 21:40

this is funny..

i'm sure it is confusing or frustrating or both for a certain person, but for me, it's just amusing kekeke

-------------
[URL=http://imageshack.us]

Date Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 22:20

while i'm here...

that's a Korean destroyer Kwanggaeto, 4000 ton KD-1

this is 5000 ton KD-2, the Moonmoo

first of KDX-3 (9000 ton) is currently being built, and Korea also has LPX (20,000 ton landing platform), KSSX (3000 ton submarine), KCVX (at least 40,000 ton carrier) planned.. LPX is in progress

Korea already has hella good marines.. LPX will make them unquestioned #2 in the world

Korean submarine force has caused stirs everytime they participated in a training war game (other Korean ships have, too, but korean subs have 'sank' American carriers).. KSSX will take it to the next level..

KCVX right now isn't a set plan, but if it did come.. now THAT would be a deep blue navy..

what the LPX will look like:

-------------

Posted By: TheOrcRemix
Date Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 23:23

You call THAT a battleship? here is a huge example of the AMERICAN NAVY!

This is What real men use.

-------------
True peace is not the absence of tension, but the presence of justice.
Sir Francis Drake is the REAL Pirate of the Caribbean

Date Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 12:19
lol...this is soooooo funny....we got another coolstorm with us...

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 12:25
yeah orcremix....keep tugging...

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 12:27
hang on! that second pic in the first post....that's not the japanese navy...if that was the Kongo...the the gun turret is..erh...wrong...

-------------

Posted By: Kazec
Date Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 12:36

The forward one is definitely an Arleigh Burke. DDG-65 USS Benford.

Behind is a real JMSDF. A Murasame. DD-104 Kirisame

Date Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 13:10

and....in case...chulalongcorn hasn't learnt yet...

this is the Kirishima, the second ship of the Kongo class DESTROYER...which is the most powerful surface combatant in the JMSDF...

now THESE are friggin' cruisers..

oh...and this one too...

is it clearer now, chulalong?

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 14:50
  yes I knew this already. And why are you posting old Russian cruisers which are inactive today. You know that Russia cant afford to operate loll most of her 'ships' .

Cheers b2

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 14:53

you knew it already but in your previous posts you insisted japan owns big powerful cruisers....

if those russian cruisers are old, then look at the Prinz Eugen i posted....

you can't even distinguish between american arleigh burke class and japanese kongo class...

do you know the point i'm trying to make, coolstorm?  oh no...long corn?

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 14:55
lolzz look at these beautiful ..beautiful babes...

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 14:56

i don't drool over frigates...

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 15:01
Frigates are the ideal naval weapon my friend..with missile offense and defensive capability; frigates and corvettes can be a devastative force on slower cruisers or destroyers

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 15:05

Originally posted by King Chulalongkorn

Frigates are the ideal naval weapon my friend..with missile offense and defensive capability; frigates and corvettes can be a devastative force on slower cruisers or destroyers

no wonder why Orcremix said real man uses tug boats...

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 17:19
lol B2 ur childish

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 17:42

what just happened here?

King C said babyblue is childish?!

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 17:44
You're not Wenjie..so it doesnt pertain to you. Thanks.

-------------

Posted By: Elanjie
Date Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 22:27

Wenjie? Coolstorm? Childish?

I'm confused, but King longhorn does like coolstorm in some sense.

Date Posted: 30-Apr-2005 at 00:39
Who is this 'coolstorm' ? 

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Apr-2005 at 03:50
Originally posted by Elanjie

Wenjie? Coolstorm? Childish?

I'm confused, but King longhorn does like coolstorm in some sense.

Wenjie is my real name...obviously he's been looking into my profile for  a bit...

-------------

Posted By: Elanjie
Date Posted: 30-Apr-2005 at 05:01

Originally posted by babyblue

Wenjie is my real name...obviously he's been looking into my profile for  a bit...

, fine, at least we have the same name.

My "jie" is ¡°‚Ü¡±£¬how about you?

Date Posted: 30-Apr-2005 at 07:09

same

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Apr-2005 at 08:23
lol so what do you study, wenjie?

-------------

Date Posted: 01-May-2005 at 23:59

same

me 3

I'm Weijie.

Nice to meet you

Posted By: Gubook Janggoon
Date Posted: 02-May-2005 at 01:31
Wenjie?  Pfft

Naw I'm just playing with you chap. 

Yay for the Aussie!

-------------

Posted By: cattus
Date Posted: 02-May-2005 at 01:38
India could be with the mightiest with its plan to spend over 5 billion dollars on two new aircraft carriers with support and anti-submarine helicopters including a 40T refited russian one. These will have mig-29s with the latest electronics and missile technology.

-------------

Date Posted: 02-May-2005 at 13:44
Yes, India's new carrier would be an excellent asset for South and South East Asia. Considering that Thailand and India are excellent trading partners and brothers in culture, we also can protect the seas of the Adaman Sea and even in South East Asia (naval crossroats of Asia). With the combined fleets of the Indian Navy and the Royal Thai Navy, we would have a total of 3 air craft carrier, one VSTOL Thai carrier, one old Indian Virat carrier and a new Indian Varyag design carrier. With our combined surface fleets (destroyers, frigates, corvettes etc) nothing in Asia can stop us. A good check to the Chinese People's Liberation Army Navy.

-------------

Date Posted: 02-May-2005 at 19:10

'we' 'our' 'combined' 'us'.. lol!

it's sickening! lol!

improve India's naval power 1% and that makes it a team! lol!

oh and still,

Japan > India + Thailand!! (the first one's a factorial, the second an exclamation mark) lol!

-------------

Date Posted: 02-May-2005 at 19:18
Originally posted by I/eye

'we' 'our' 'combined' 'us'.. lol!

it's sickening! lol!

improve India's naval power 1% and that makes it a team! lol!

oh and still,

Japan > India + Thailand!! (the first one's a factorial, the second an exclamation mark) lol!

Lol Japan may spend more in defense that India and Thailand, but our navies and militaries are far more experienced.

And China?? You guys dont even have a carrier..the chinese are mere brown water navies..LOL!

You cant be a 'navy' without a naval-air superiority platform (air craft carriers) lol! China and japan dont have any..hence they are brown water navies and unable to venture out of their own waters.

Thailand and India RULE the South and South East Asian waters..

lol!!! 

-------------

Posted By: Gubook Janggoon
Date Posted: 02-May-2005 at 20:47
I'm a pirate, therefore I rule the seas.

ARGH!

-------------

Posted By: oodog
Date Posted: 03-May-2005 at 00:17

Yes, India's new carrier would be an excellent asset for South and South East Asia. Considering that Thailand and India are excellent trading partners and brothers in culture, we also can protect the seas of the Adaman Sea and even in South East Asia (naval crossroats of Asia). With the combined fleets of the Indian Navy and the Royal Thai Navy, we would have a total of 3 air craft carrier, one VSTOL Thai carrier, one old Indian Virat carrier and a new Indian Varyag design carrier. With our combined surface fleets (destroyers, frigates, corvettes etc) nothing in Asia can stop us. A good check to the Chinese People's Liberation Army Navy.

I have to say it's a bad comment. You are quite illy informed about the naval stuff.

The navy without a aircraft carrier is not necessarily the weak one comparing with the one who has a carrier. Otherwise, the Thai Navy is stronger than both the Japanese and Chinese. There are lots of reasons that Japan and China don't build a carrier at present though both of them has the capability. And there almost 10 countries in the world possess of carriers, but only five strong powers (the big 5 in the UN Security Council) have unclear submarines. China is a member of this "nuke sub club", which gives us a tremendous power of strategical deterrence. India , however, is just a bystander, despite of her jeanlousness . lol

Your knowledge on geopolitic is poor too, I am afraid. The Indian and Thais form an alliance to make a check to China? Things are just on the contrary. Please read more newspaper editorials written by the Indian hawks, who are charging China of setting up a strategical circle of containment around India. Pakistan, Burma,Thailand and even Bengal are all the alleged participants of this so-called "Chinese polt". 

Don't always demonize China by describing China as an aggressive war hawk. Please keep in mind that China and Thailand are very good friends and coming even closer now. China and India are also trying their best to better their bilateral relation too. We should say: 

With our combined power (dynamic economy, historian legacy, huge population and rich natrual resouces) nothing in the world can stop the rise of the great Asia!

Let's witness the Sino-Thailand friendship:

The Thai frigate made in China (totally four of this class)

Two more are under construction. (What had the Indian done for the modernization of the Thai Navy, my buddy?)

Date Posted: 03-May-2005 at 00:26

Sawaaat dee kap! Kap koon!

Lol Sino-Thai relationship!!!!!

The day Thailand trusts China is the day the entire Thai race will collapse. NEVER. The ships China builds for us is sub par anyways...we need to buy American ships next time.

As for India..believe me..more thais prefer to be friends with india (culturally and hisotircally and linguistically similar to Thai) than a communist godless China.

Cheers my chinese friend.

Oh btw..dont read too much SINOSPHERE and SINODEFENSE..they're quite bad sources and I suggest you read more into Thai  defense startegies and articles..not your 'Chinese sources'

LOL!

-------------

Posted By: VSOP
Date Posted: 03-May-2005 at 04:43
Just because the Thai navy acquired one small VSTOL carrier and you say that Thai navy is stronger than the Japanese navy.

Do u know how advanced is Japanese navy? Mind you the Japanese are restricted in their military expansion due to their constitution and their navy is called Maritime Self Defense Force (JMSDF).  They have at least 4 Kongo class destroyers which are Japanese variants of USN Arleigh Burke destroyers.
JMSDF has
at least 13 destroyers, 30 frigates and 18 submarines. I used the word 'at least' because I do not have the up to date figures. Not to mentioned other numerous  support ships which are essential to the fleet. And their total military budget is only around 1% of their total GNP and ranked among the top five in the world.

How about the Royal Thai navy?
small VSTOL carrier with at most 10 harrier planes and at most 10 frigates.

And you want to claim that it has 'blue water navy capacity'? In the world only three navies are classified as true 'blue water navies' which are the United States Navy, the Royal Navy of UK and the French
Marine Nationale. One of the important factors you must consider is logistics. Do you really think that the Royal Thai Navy has the money, manpower and support ships to send the Chakri Naruebet into Falklands Islands? Even your carrier is now stucked in harbour and u want to talk about sending ur carrier overseas? Even the formidable JMSDF will have logistical nightmare in sending her fleet to another ocean to fight a naval battle without the support of land resources.

The stability of SE Asia is actually maintained by the presence of the US Pacific fleet not your small Chakri Naruebet. In East Asia and SE Asia the most formidable fleet is the US Pacific fleet. One Kitty Hawk in Japan = 8 Chakri Naruebet.

Date Posted: 03-May-2005 at 05:17
People Liberation Navy (PLAN)
24 destroyers, 72 submarines, 45 frigates.
&
JMSDF
13 destroyers, 30 frigates, 18 submarines
Vs
Royal Thai Navy
1 carrier (at most 10 Harriers)
10 frigates (which includes 6 made in PRC)

Rule the South China Sea

Date Posted: 03-May-2005 at 10:03

Sawaaat dee kap! Kap koon!

Lol Sino-Thai relationship!!!!!

The day Thailand trusts China is the day the entire Thai race will collapse. NEVER. The ships China builds for us is sub par anyways...we need to buy American ships next time.

As for India..believe me..more thais prefer to be friends with india (culturally and hisotircally and linguistically similar to Thai) than a communist godless China.

Cheers my chinese friend.

Oh btw..dont read too much SINOSPHERE and SINODEFENSE..they're quite bad sources and I suggest you read more into Thai  defense startegies and articles..not your 'Chinese sources'

LOL!

Sawa Dee Kap!

Thank God! That's only your personal idea, not the Thai government's.  Let me tell u some business common sense. Man won't place a second order if he is not satisfied with the first delivery. In fact, the construction order for two more new frigates from the Thai Navy is the third one that the Chinese ship factory had obtained.  You know, China is not the only war ship builder in the world. Why the Thai Navy choosed China again and again? One word could give you the answer: TRUST!

The American? Don't you know that  fully delivery of the missiles that you ordered from the US had been delayed? There is empty space left on your frigates, which are still waiting for that the US made missiles to be installed on board. Too bad!!!

Date Posted: 04-May-2005 at 11:12
Originally posted by VSOP

Just because the Thai navy acquired one small VSTOL carrier and you say that Thai navy is stronger than the Japanese navy.

Do u know how advanced is Japanese navy? Mind you the Japanese are restricted in their military expansion due to their constitution and their navy is called Maritime Self Defense Force (JMSDF).  They have at least 4 Kongo class destroyers which are Japanese variants of USN Arleigh Burke destroyers.
JMSDF has
at least 13 destroyers, 30 frigates and 18 submarines. I used the word 'at least' because I do not have the up to date figures. Not to mentioned other numerous  support ships which are essential to the fleet. And their total military budget is only around 1% of their total GNP and ranked among the top five in the world.

How about the Royal Thai navy?
small VSTOL carrier with at most 10 harrier planes and at most 10 frigates.

And you want to claim that it has 'blue water navy capacity'? In the world only three navies are classified as true 'blue water navies' which are the United States Navy, the Royal Navy of UK and the French
Marine Nationale. One of the important factors you must consider is logistics. Do you really think that the Royal Thai Navy has the money, manpower and support ships to send the Chakri Naruebet into Falklands Islands? Even your carrier is now stucked in harbour and u want to talk about sending ur carrier overseas? Even the formidable JMSDF will have logistical nightmare in sending her fleet to another ocean to fight a naval battle without the support of land resources.

The stability of SE Asia is actually maintained by the presence of the US Pacific fleet not your small Chakri Naruebet. In East Asia and SE Asia the most formidable fleet is the US Pacific fleet. One Kitty Hawk in Japan = 8 Chakri Naruebet.

LOLLL!!! This coming from the Singaporeans..who right now are facing threats from a growing military of MALAYSIA..LOL!!! Singapore..be quiet man! Singapore comes to bangkok and participates with the CARAT exercises..its the fact that Singapore is 'friends' with Thailand..and the fact that Thailand will protect Singapore keeps the Malaysian military out of your door. LOL!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 04-May-2005 at 11:20

&
JMSDF
Vs
Royal Thai Navy

Rule the South China Sea

Wrong!!!!

Thai Navy

Air craft carrier  1
Frigates            10
Corvettes         7  (2 coming)
Missile boats    6 (plans to purchse 4 more)
Patrol boats     29 (plans for 5 more)
Mine warefare  7
Amphibious      9
warfare
Support ships   15

-------------

Date Posted: 04-May-2005 at 11:21

&
JMSDF
Vs
Royal Thai Navy

Rule the South China Sea

LOLLLLLLLL!!!! I cant believe you actually included the plan subs..most of the chinese subs are outdated and old..and shouldnt even venture out of port. ROFL!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 04-May-2005 at 11:23
I am not making fun of the JDSFN but look at the size of the Thai navy, its quite impressive for a nation our size and our GNP (500 billion) NOT BAD. As the thai economy continues to rise (7%) this year and in years to come, expect us to develop not only demographic factors but also increased military spending.

South east asia ...IS OURS.

-------------

Date Posted: 04-May-2005 at 11:24
Apologies if I insulted any chinese posters..not my intent..just got a bit naitonalistic thats all...considering the fact that Thailand was never conquored or colonized in our history as an empire, kingdom and state.

Cheers!

PEACE TO CHINA! PEACE TO THAILAND!

-------------

Date Posted: 05-May-2005 at 02:07
[/QUOTE]
LOLLL!!! This coming from the Singaporeans..who right now are facing threats from a growing military of MALAYSIA..LOL!!! Singapore..be quiet man! Singapore comes to bangkok and participates with the CARAT exercises..its the fact that Singapore is 'friends' with Thailand..and the fact that Thailand will protect Singapore keeps the Malaysian military out of your door. LOL!!!!
[/QUOTE]

So are you implying that the people from East Timor, Brunei and Laos should keep quiet too?

1. CARAT exercises (Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training)
CARAT is a regularly scheduled series of bilateral military training exercises conducted by USA with several 
Southeast Asia nations designed to enhance interoperability of the respective sea services.
The exercises are conducted in Thai, Malaysian and other waters.
You talk if as CARAT exercises are conducted in Thai waters alone. US naval ships also came to Thailand and participated in the exercises. My question is 'SO WHAT'?

2. Singapore is definitely in close relations with Thailand. Many Thai workers are working in our construction industry. Likewise Singapore is closer to Malaysia and citizens of both countries travel between the two countries for work. It is pure madness for a war to break out between the two countries.

3.  The Changi naval base in Singapore is big enough to accommodate an aircraft carrier. The base is often used by visiting ships of the US navy. My point is we depend more on US military support.  We do not depend on Thai military support, if we do, we are in big troubles.

4. And I have not touch on the capabilities of Singapore Air Force, which is more than sufficient to deter a potential enemy.

Date Posted: 05-May-2005 at 02:42
To King Chulalongkorn

1. PLAN and Japan Maritime Self Defense Force (JMSDF) are superior than Royal Thai Navy in terms in numbers and quality. That is a fact. PLAN has at least 5 nuclear sub in its inventory. One small carrier will not boost your naval strength much.

Date Posted: 05-May-2005 at 02:49

Singaporean Air Force > entire Thai military

Royal Thai Navy has less than 38,000 tons in Carrier + Surface combatants.

People's Liberation Navy has more tonnage just with their patrol frigates..

rule the South China Sea

-------------

Date Posted: 05-May-2005 at 04:14

To King Chulalongkorn

PLAN has at least 5 nuclear sub in its inventory.

7 at least now. 1 Xia class and 4 Han class as widely known. At least 1 093 and 1 094 (newly built and andvanced), not being proven yet but very likely to be true.

Han Class

Date Posted: 07-May-2005 at 15:49
Very nice..very nice! I do admit some PLAN subs are beautiful. HMMM..something RTN needs..are subs.

-------------

Posted By: JiNanRen
Date Posted: 07-May-2005 at 17:35
More PLAN Ships
Lanzhou Class DDG

Ma'anshan Class FFG

Date Posted: 08-May-2005 at 21:41
Hmmm..impressive, I must say. 

-------------

Date Posted: 09-May-2005 at 20:27
another pic of Lanzhou

Posted By: sinosword
Date Posted: 10-May-2005 at 02:50

Of course Japanese and Chinese navies are the strongest in Asia.Indian and Korean navies are very decent too.

JMSDF

PLAN

-------------

Date Posted: 10-May-2005 at 04:16

Chinese 039 is launching C-802

Chinese 053H3 is practising to head off an ASM

-------------

Date Posted: 10-May-2005 at 17:46

JMSDF will get two new aegis ships soon.These kongo2 class will have copter hangar.

-------------

Date Posted: 10-May-2005 at 18:31

Indian navy

-------------

Date Posted: 10-May-2005 at 18:43

ROCN

-------------

Posted By: taylor21
Date Posted: 11-May-2005 at 13:33
If you dont mind my asking, who is this coolstorm of who everyone speaks?im new an' i dont know!so plz be kind and explain.on topic, yes an impressive display of naval firepower.        

-------------
Taylor.K

Posted By: taylor21
Date Posted: 11-May-2005 at 13:35

And what are those little stars beside profiles?

-------------
Taylor.K

Date Posted: 11-May-2005 at 13:36

He is an extreme HongKong Chinese war hawk just like the Mr.Thai in this thread. 

-------------

Posted By: demon
Date Posted: 13-May-2005 at 20:17

So..you said Japan doesnt have cruizers? lol. Guess you dont know anything about the navy! LOL!!

It's not me jimmy; it's your grammar.  I stated that Japanese navy was limited to cruisers, meaning that they have cruisers, but nothing above a cruiser's sophistication.  Alias, I was talking about how Japan didn't have any Aircraft Carriers.  And destroyers are at a lower technological sophistication compared to cruisers, so I'm right. 

-------------
Grrr..

Date Posted: 13-May-2005 at 20:38

but they really don't have any cruizers....

-------------

Date Posted: 14-May-2005 at 02:04
Originally posted by I/eye

but they really don't have any cruizers....

yes...both demon and long corn initially said japan has cruisers...which is WRONG..

-------------

Date Posted: 14-May-2005 at 12:14

technically, Japan don't even have destroyers and frigates.

officially, Japan don't have any 'warship' now, all vesels in the JMSDF are 'defense ship'

sounds rhetoical, but it is a fact bounded by law

Date Posted: 14-May-2005 at 12:17
The difference between CG and DDG is disappearing. USN's Tico class and JMSDF's Kongo class almost have the same tonnage. Unnecessary to spend too much time on ploting out sorts. 

-------------

Date Posted: 14-May-2005 at 12:23

It's really a big guy heft more than 9kt

Ours is only 7kt 

-------------

Date Posted: 14-May-2005 at 12:31
    dunno why...but Arleigh Burkes (Kongo and whatever other bastards there are out there) have always looked small to my eyes ever i first saw them...but then they're one of the biggest destroyers. our 170 looks bigger and yet has a smaller tonnage?

-------------

Date Posted: 15-May-2005 at 01:51

Sawadikaaa!

LOL. Excuse me for my grammar, but you have to understand that my first language is Thai as well as being fluent in French and Vietnamese, the English was added in as required of a Royal Thai Marine when we conduct exercises with our American counterparts. LOL. So I was wrong on the Japanese part on cruisers, a small misunderstanding and thank you for correcting us all.

Cheers MATE!

-------------

Date Posted: 15-May-2005 at 11:40

dunno why...but Arleigh Burkes (Kongo and whatever other bastards there are out there) have always looked small to my eyes ever i first saw them...but then they're one of the biggest destroyers. our 170 looks bigger and yet has a smaller tonnage?

Maybe that's because optic problem. Burkes often sit by the side of Carrier so look smaller.

-------------

Date Posted: 15-May-2005 at 18:24
I must admit the Burke is sexxy beast...beautiful! I wish the RTN could get 2 of these babies to join the surface fleet.

-------------

Date Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 19:14

Posted By: Illuminati
Date Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 20:30
Russian Typhoon class missile submarine

Taiwanese Sub

Complete ownage. pure and simple.

USS Abraham Lincoln.

Uss Ronald Reagan (brand new), the most advanced and most lethal Naval ship in the world.

-------------

Date Posted: 06-Jun-2005 at 20:48
^instruments of U.S. power projection.

Date Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 03:25

Japanese 8.8 Fleet

8 Destroyers and 8 anti-sub helicopters, thus the name 8.8 fleet

during the WWII, 8.8 referred to 8 battleships and 8 cruisers

of those 8 destroyers, 1 is 9k ton, 7 are at least 5k ton

-------------

Date Posted: 07-Jun-2005 at 10:38

the biggest one(and the widest) you see there is the Kongo...

if China is to defeat Japan, it must defeat this fleet first.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Jun-2005 at 20:17

nope. if china to defeat japan, must defeat usa at the first. if usa go away, china could knock over japs even without using navy.

oh, i almost forget. there is nothing in current asia qualify to be navy, all are coast guards. 

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Jun-2005 at 20:33

there is not navy in asia, all are coastguards that can't perform without surpport from land air power. 

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Jun-2005 at 21:04

-------------

Date Posted: 20-Jun-2005 at 06:48

those yankees are too fuuny. they psed our warship like this.

-------------

Posted By: Anujkhamar
Date Posted: 21-Jun-2005 at 08:28

Read this article recently, thought it might be relevent:

thats supposed to say 8 D where the smiley is (it wont let me fix it)

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/GF1f04.html

Date Posted: 03-Jul-2005 at 21:36

-------------

Date Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 18:49
The Lanzhou Class, # 170&171 are a hell of a class of destroyers, they are able to effectively provide air defense for the People's Liberation Army Navy(PLAN) with its VLS SAM system and can hold its own against any modern western DDGs.  THey are a real breakthrough for Chinese ship building.

Date Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 23:08
hq-9 is a terminal-active guide missile unlike u.s. sm-2 and russian s-300's terminal semi-active guide model. there is not terminal fire-control radar on this ship because unnecessary. hq-9's own sending set could launch radar wave itself, there are three mk-99 fire-coutrol radars on u.s. aegis ship to do this job. aegis can't deal with targets under horizon without supports from awacs and data link because of mk-99's detecting dead angle. u.s. has already plan to develop the composite guide sm-2 which including active guide groupware, that will with excellent anti-jamming capability and solv the radar dead angle issue.     

-------------

Date Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 23:11

skorea's lpx has been launched these days.

-------------

Date Posted: 04-Jul-2005 at 23:26

two of japan's kongoII class have being constructed. will add a copter hangar than original.

-------------

Posted By: Anujkhamar
Date Posted: 05-Jul-2005 at 01:47
i finally got the link to work!

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/GF1f%3Cimg%20border=" 0="" src="smileys/smiley16.gif" border="0">04.html">http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/GF1f04.htm l

edith forget about it, its never going to work! i'll find another site

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/GF1f%3Cimg%20border=" 0="" src="smileys/smiley16.gif" border="0">

Date Posted: 05-Jul-2005 at 18:40

India getting the largest naval base in Asia..

Korea with the largest landing ship in Asia (named the Dokdo )..

Japan building 2 of largest combat ships in Asia..

-------------

Posted By: doorman
Date Posted: 09-Jul-2005 at 12:56
I think China is overly hyped.  The new vessels that  PLAN navy are getting are unproven in combat (that is the  electronics, and the weapon systems on them).  Also China is nowhere near making a cutting edge propulsion system  unlike the US and Russia.  Korea is at a juncture where they are just  retiring  old WWII vessels that have been upgraded to death  with new designs. 
Japan is too heavily dependant on US technologies unlike europe.

Date Posted: 11-Jul-2005 at 00:49

Korea: not retiring, replacing.. with 4000t/5000t/9000+t destroyers

depending on U.S. tech: buying the best money can buy

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com