Print Page | Close Window

Ghengis Khan

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: Regional History or Period History
Forum Name: Steppe Nomads and Central Asia
Forum Discription: Nomads such as the Scythians, Huns, Turks & Mongols, and kingdoms of Central Asia
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=276
Printed Date: 04-May-2024 at 17:08
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ghengis Khan
Posted By: Gubook Janggoon
Subject: Ghengis Khan
Date Posted: 22-Aug-2004 at 21:01
This place was a little dead...so I decided to add a discussion

China has been saying that Ghengis Khan is a Chinese National Hero...What are your thoughts

Replies:
Posted By: warhead
Date Posted: 22-Aug-2004 at 21:42
its wrong, no thoughts about it.

Posted By: Genghis
Date Posted: 22-Aug-2004 at 23:04

The chinese must have a self-esteem problem if they consider someone who killed and subjugated them one of their heros. 

-------------
Member of IAEA

Posted By: Snafu
Date Posted: 23-Aug-2004 at 13:05

A lot of Chinese "heroes" have killed and subjugated Chinese people, so that's not really a criteria.

But when you consider that Genghis didn't really have much use for China or it's culture (beyond the wealth he extorted from it) it does seem kind of odd to consider him a Chinese hero. Khubilai Khan yes, but Genghis, no. 

Posted By: Tobodai
Date Posted: 23-Aug-2004 at 15:50
Chinggis Khan is my personal hero, but it is illogical for the Chinese to make him their hero, but the PRC likes to re write history for their own purposes, so I suppose it makes sense to claim this all powerfull large and near invincible empire for themselves.

-------------
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton

Posted By: babyblue
Date Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 06:20

Originally posted by Gubukjanggoon

This place was a little dead...so I decided to add a discussion

China has been saying that Ghengis Khan is a Chinese National Hero...What are your thoughts

exactly which china have you heard saying that genghis khan is their national hero?

Date Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 13:43
Ummm the PRC....

What I don't get is how China can take a foreigner who conquered one of their dynastys and make him a national hero...doesn't make sense to me.

-------------

Posted By: ihsan
Date Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 14:22

Chinese nationalists are very funny indeed

My answer to the first question: no, surely he wasn't and isn't a Zhongguoren.

-------------
[IMG]http://img50.exs.cx/img50/6148/ger3.jpg">

Qaghan of the Vast Steppes

http://steppes.proboards23.com - Steppes History Forum

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 14:32

Do they really think Genghis is a national hero?

Will Mexico make Cortes a hero now

Date Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 15:06
I'm going to regret saying this...*prepares to be flamed...but about what I said in my previous post: What I don't get is how China can take a foreigner who conquered one of their dynastys and make him a national hero...doesn't make sense to me....I have a question...Take...let's say Kublai Khan...
ok
1.  He's a Mongol
2.  I think he defeated Han Chinese Dynasties to set up his own Yuan dynasty...

Question...Why do so many Chinese people consider him a Chinese hero.

I think it would be like Koreans saying that Emperor Hirohito is the great national hero of Korea...

-------------

Posted By: demon
Date Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 19:02

Or that Japanese general of Nanking become the hero of China because it defeated the outnumbering chinese.....

-------------
Grrr..

Date Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 21:20
wow really?  A japanese Hero of China?...wow

-------------

Date Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 23:27

"1.  He's a Mongol"

Irrelevant, is Napoleon not a french hero since he is not french?

"  I think he defeated Han Chinese Dynasties to set up his own Yuan dynasty..."

No he didn't set up any dynasty nor conquered any dynasty, he merely weakened them. The Yuan is set up by Kublai which was my major argument against putting Genghis as a legitimate chinese emperor of any sort. And certainly even if he was a chinese he doesn't qualify been a hero.

Posted By: Snafu
Date Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 23:38

I'm going to regret saying this...*prepares to be flamed...but about what I said in my previous post: What I don't get is how China can take a foreigner who conquered one of their dynastys and make him a national hero...doesn't make sense to me....I have a question...Take...let's say Kublai Khan...
ok
1.  He's a Mongol
2.  I think he defeated Han Chinese Dynasties to set up his own Yuan dynasty...

Question...Why do so many Chinese people consider him a Chinese hero.

I think it would be like Koreans saying that Emperor Hirohito is the great national hero of Korea...

The Chinese consider Khubilai a hero for a very simple reason--he made China the richest, most powerful country on earth for a time. And even though he wasn't Han Chinese, he embraced Chinese culture and governed according to Chinese principles,which means he wasn't all that much different than any other Chinese emperor.  

Posted By: Imperator Invictus
Date Posted: 24-Aug-2004 at 23:56
Right. We shouldnt' be too concerned about ethnicity because that's not how it is in history. All the "Norman" English heroes like William the Conqueror and Richard the Lionhearted were definately more French than anything.

It is true that many admired how the Yuan dynasty unified China, while before it was devided into Three empires. Chinggiz gets credit for the Yuan.

-------------

Date Posted: 26-Aug-2004 at 20:46

have u ask every chinese ppl that Ghengis Khan is a Chinese National Hero???

i dont think so...so dont say so sure about it.....i mean we r all different...ones idea of what hero should be doesnt apply to other ppl......u should change ur post to does some chinese ppl consider Ghengis Khan is a Chinese National Hero...and this is what u said:China has been saying that Ghengis Khan is a Chinese National Hero. u used china thats kinda too broad...

hero has no border-line it really depends on ur idea of what hero should be like....well he most done something good for china...i suppose.

Date Posted: 26-Aug-2004 at 23:37
Whoa calm down there Toothlog...I'm just repeating what I heard from the CHina History forum...if you go there, there's a big thread on it.  WHen I said China, I wasn't talking about the good Chinese people, I was talking about the GOVT of the PRC...Not the Chinese people...who are great...

-------------

Date Posted: 27-Aug-2004 at 12:52

Toothlog, please post according to the grammar rules, this is not a chatting place.

To everyone: it's not Ghenghis nor Genghis Khan, it's Chinggis Kha'an.

-------------

Posted By: Mangudai
Date Posted: 28-Aug-2004 at 14:18

If these are the criterias of being a chinese national hero...:

1. Ethnicaly being a non-Chinese

2. Launching several devastating invasions into China

3. Killing perhaps millions of Chinese lifes

... well yes, then I guess Chinggis is a Chinese national hero

/Mikael

Posted By: Temujin
Date Posted: 29-Aug-2004 at 11:10

Originally posted by Imperator Invictus

Chinggiz gets credit for the Yuan.

in what way?

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 10:35

Sorry everyone, but posters here have no clues of what historical perspective is! You are thinking like nationalist pricks with a 20th Century brain

First Chinese people have been ruled by lots of non-Han people (Turkic, Mongol, Manchu). Same thing for other peoples (European, Indian, etc.). For example, Western Europe was populated by some original tribes (like the Basque people), then the Celts came, then the Roman came and ruled, then the Germanics invaded, then the Vikings, then the Slavics, etc. This mixture created the French, the Brittish, the Germans, the Polish, etc. Would you say that Charlemagne is a French or a German king? It is a Frankish/Germanic ruler who reigned over Celts, Romans, etc. His empire has been divided according to languages (Old French in the West and Old German in the East) and was at the origins of France and Germany. But both the French and the German are proud of him!

Chinese people are proud of Gengis Khan as Turkic people are. All Turkic leaders like Timur Lang or the Indian Moghuls have said that they are direct descendants from Gengis Khan who is a Mongol! The genius of Chinese civilisation is that it can swallow any foreing rulers: the Yuan kings became more Chinese than the Chinese were!

Date Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 11:49
But that is like saying, since the yuan rulers were mongol and since mongols once ruled russia, the Russian Empire is actually a CHinese one.

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 19:38

"1. Ethnicaly being a non-Chinese

2. Launching several devastating invasions into China

3. Killing perhaps millions of Chinese lifes"

While I have no disagreement for Genghis not been a Chinese let alone a hero, but your argument is lousy, ethnicity is unimportant, many conquerers in the past killed people including their own ethnicity and raids are common among themselves too, mongols raided other mongols often in history.

"But that is like saying, since the yuan rulers were mongol and since mongols once ruled russia, the Russian Empire is actually a CHinese one. "

No, because the Yuan never ruled Russia, the golden horde did.

Date Posted: 30-Aug-2004 at 20:53
Bad example....

-------------

Date Posted: 31-Aug-2004 at 04:44
um wasnt ghengis khan mongolian and he killed most of china and took over china and most of europe and died of old age. he was a mongol not chinese the great wall of China was buill cause of the mongolian army

Date Posted: 31-Aug-2004 at 09:07

fusion_wonder: So what? Do you think the Chinese will never forget Mongolian crimes committed in the 13th century and will sue Gengis' descendants at the International Court of Justice?

I like Alexander, Cesar, Napoleon, Gengis, Timur, Giap, the Tang & the Ming dynasties, etc. because for the World History, they were great men, although some committed atrocious crimes. The Chinese by considering Gengis as a Great Man are also great even if at that time Gengis submitted China. But this, a nationalist like you with a small brain will never understand! It is like these f*cking Chinese football fans who rioted because the Chinese football team lost against Japan. Nationalist bastards are in every country.

Date Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 12:53

Originally posted by fusion_wonder

um wasnt ghengis khan mongolian and he killed most of china and took over china and most of europe and died of old age. he was a mongol not chinese the great wall of China was buill cause of the mongolian army

No, he only defeated the Jin (but didn't subjugate it) and the Xixia (was destroyed completely after his death), he never conquered China, he wasn't on bad terms with the Southern Song either.

Europe? What are you talking about? He never campaigned in Europe either, only two of his generals made a reconaissance mission in Southeastern Russia. Are you confusing Batu Khan's Eastern European Campaign of 1240 with Sube'etai Ba'atur and Jebe Noyan's Mission of the 1220s?

And nope, the Great Wall wasn't built because of the Mongolian army. It was first built by the northern Chinese warring states for two reasons: to keep the other states away and to prevent the Hu in the north from raiding themselves. Later, Qin Shihuangdi united all the existing fortifications as a defence against the Xiongnu.

-------------

Date Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 12:59
I heard this was a move on part by the PRC to consolidate its position with minorites in Nei Mongolia

-------------

Posted By: hannibal
Date Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 23:27

I heard this was a move on part by the PRC to consolidate its position with minorites in Nei Mongolia

Gubuk, Mongolian culture preserved better than in Mongolia(we called the Outer Mongolia). Please read another topic thread I posted in this forum .

-------------
Who am I?
I'm General of Carthage;
Eternal biggest enemy of Rome.

Posted By: Quetzalcoatl
Date Posted: 01-Sep-2004 at 23:46

Irrelevant, is Napoleon not a french hero since he is not french?

Rather 2 different cases, Napoleon was educated in a french school, served in a french regiment, adopted the french culture and nationality before he raised into power.  He is still a corsican but by the time he was in power he wasn't a foreigner in the eye of the people, he was "Le petit Caporal" from the POV of his soldiers. If he was viewed as a foreigner he would never have been accepted. Ghengis is altogether another history, the guy was an invader in china and a very cruel one at it. Now saying he is a chinese hero is at most very strange.

-------------

Posted By: TMPikachu
Date Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 16:16

If white men can worship a Middle Easterner as savior of their souls,

If Europeans can praise the Roman Empire that wiped out their native cultures, then the Chinese can say "Ghengis Khan's an awesome guy"

Date Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 17:13

Gubuk, Mongolian culture preserved better than in Mongolia(we called the Outer Mongolia). Please read another topic thread I posted in this forum .

True.  But still

-------------
Grrr..

Date Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 17:48
Originally posted by demon

True.  But still

Mongolia still too.

-------------
Who am I?
I'm General of Carthage;

Posted By: YanWang
Date Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 18:17

sure......... Chenjisi Han was not a Han chinese. But his was the ancestor of today's mongol chinese, which has more people than those of Outer Monglia. He was in a part of history of Chinese nation..

-------------

What is Your Question Again?

Posted By: battleaxe
Date Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 18:30
but the main heritage of the mongol exploits themselves belongs to modern-day Mongolia rather than to the People's Republic of China, not a Mongolian country, regardless of whether there are more mongols in inner/outer mongolia. sure, there are mongols in china and they historically belong to the mongol nation so u can say that genghis khan had an important influence on chinese history, but if it comes to saying to what people genghis belonged to it's definitely not chinese. that's going way too far.

Date Posted: 03-Sep-2004 at 01:40

Originally posted by battleaxe

but the main heritage of the mongol exploits themselves belongs to modern-day Mongolia rather than to the People's Republic of China, not a Mongolian country, regardless of whether there are more mongols in inner/outer mongolia. sure, there are mongols in china and they historically belong to the mongol nation so u can say that genghis khan had an important influence on chinese history, but if it comes to saying to what people genghis belonged to it's definitely not chinese. that's going way too far.

Genghis Khan belonged to Chinese Mongols and Mixed blood Chinese Mongols together with those mongols in Mongolia.

-------------
Who am I?
I'm General of Carthage;

Date Posted: 03-Sep-2004 at 02:57
Originally posted by hannibal

Genghis Khan belonged to Chinese Mongols and Mixed blood Chinese Mongols together with those mongols in Mongolia.

-------------

Date Posted: 03-Sep-2004 at 13:25

This is pretty funny topic.  Chinggis Khaan is Chinese national hero? Don't you think it is kinda too early for April fools day?

I wonder what Chinggis Khaan would've thought about this Chinese claim?

Date Posted: 03-Sep-2004 at 14:23

"Ghengis is altogether another history, the guy was an invader in china and a very cruel one at it. Now saying he is a chinese hero is at most very strange. "

My point was to Gubukjanggoon that been a foreigner doesn't they can't be the nations hero if you didn't notice.

Posted By: Chono
Date Posted: 03-Sep-2004 at 15:14
Bah, the same topic as in chinahistoryforum.com, I wrote what I thought about this there. I don't see Jungaria's Galdan Khan being claimed as chinese national hero, although he was trying to do the same thing to mongols as CK, or Baynmnkh Dayn Khan who unified all mongols after Yuan and raided Ming a couple times. The real point being made here is if inner mongolians are chinese. An absurd point, and one could also call it naive, same as the attitude that Inner Mongolia will remain in China indefinetly.

Date Posted: 03-Sep-2004 at 16:08

hannibal says :Genghis Khan belonged to Chinese Mongols and Mixed blood Chinese Mongols together with those mongols in Mongolia.

southern (inner) Mongolia wasnt a part of china back then, the 'chinese mongols' lost a part of their mongol heritage and became more 'chinese' afterwards. saying genghis khan belongs to both the 'chinese mongols' and the 'mongols in mongolia' therefore he is chinese is like saying Yi Sun Shin belongs both to Korean-Americans and Koreans in Korea, therefore he can be an American hero.

Date Posted: 03-Sep-2004 at 17:57
BTW Battle Axe, are you a fellow gook?

-------------

Date Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 07:25
Originally posted by battleaxe

hannibal says :Genghis Khan belonged to Chinese Mongols and Mixed blood Chinese Mongols together with those mongols in Mongolia.

southern (inner) Mongolia wasnt a part of china back then, the 'chinese mongols' lost a part of their mongol heritage and became more 'chinese' afterwards. saying genghis khan belongs to both the 'chinese mongols' and the 'mongols in mongolia' therefore he is chinese is like saying Yi Sun Shin belongs both to Korean-Americans and Koreans in Korea, therefore he can be an American hero.

You can also say Chinese will become more Mongolian...

-------------
Who am I?
I'm General of Carthage;

Date Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 13:04
Is meplyore a word?  I looked it up, but I couldn't find it...what does it mean?

-------------

Date Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 14:23
probably a typo of a word.  How was it used in the sentence?

-------------
Grrr..

Date Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 15:15
It was in hannibals post, I guess he edited it...

-------------

Date Posted: 06-Sep-2004 at 12:41
yeah I'm Korean, doesn't 'gook' mean Vietnamese tho?

Date Posted: 07-Sep-2004 at 14:27

I do not understand some posters here.

Just an exemple: Julius Cesar was a Roman and Rome invaded most parts of Europe. Is it contradictory to the fact that the Russian emperor called himself "Tsar" (Cesar) or the German leader "Kaiser" (Cesar)? I remind you that the Roman legions fought against the German tribes (who were Barbaric for Romans).

Date Posted: 07-Sep-2004 at 15:07
and what exactly is your point here?

-------------

Posted By: ArmenianSurvival
Date Posted: 08-Sep-2004 at 02:04

I think the term 'gook' includes all east asian peoples. It was a term used a lot by Americans in the Vietnam war, thats why most people associate the word with the Vietnamese.

-------------
Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։

Date Posted: 10-Sep-2004 at 14:35

Temujin:

My point is that it is perfectly understandable that Chinese people consider Gengis Khan as a national hero, although Mongols under his rule have slaughtered many Chinese 700 years ago.

Just like the German king called himself "Kaiser", in tribute to the great Cesar, who has slaughtered many Germanic people more than 1000 years ago.

Date Posted: 10-Sep-2004 at 18:58

but Chinese don't call their ruler Khan...

besides, numerous barbarians served Rome, and ultimately those barbarians conquered Rome, it's only natural they style themselves with their booty...

-------------

Posted By: cliveersknell
Date Posted: 10-Sep-2004 at 23:33
One food for thought for everyone.
How could a few Mongols eventually conquer and unify China?
They are not even 1/100 the population of the Hans, Jurchen, Nanchaoans, Xixia,Tibetans, etcc..

Date Posted: 12-Sep-2004 at 11:27

Temujin:

>but Chinese don't call their ruler Khan...

Bravo, great argument! You should be awarded the Nobel prize for your contribution to this forum well known among historians.

>besides, numerous barbarians served Rome, and ultimately those barbarians conquered Rome, it's only natural they style themselves with their booty...

and another Nobel prize for psychological history

Date Posted: 13-Sep-2004 at 16:08

so how does the fact that almost EVERY Steppe people called their ruler Khan or Khagan fit in your kaiser-theory? maybe because it's just a simple LANGUAGE thing?

-------------

Posted By: Evildoer
Date Posted: 13-Sep-2004 at 19:01
Originally posted by fgabriel

Temujin:

My point is that it is perfectly understandable that Chinese people consider Gengis Khan as a national hero, although Mongols under his rule have slaughtered many Chinese 700 years ago.

Just like the German king called himself "Kaiser", in tribute to the great Cesar, who has slaughtered many Germanic people more than 1000 years ago.

Oh, so it is natural for Bosnians to consider Milochevic a hero 700 years from now... And Chinese will call Tojo a hero a few years from now...

The Chinese so hated the Mongol rule that in less than a century of it they rose up and overthrew the Yuan dynasty. Now they want to glorify a man who started all that...

By the way Caeser was a title, although it was derived from Julius Caeser's name. All Roman emperors used it. The probable reason why it entered the German language is that there was no such term before they learnt it from the Latins. After all, they were all barbarians that did not know what was an "empire".

So I don't think Kaiser is a direct invocation of Roman heritege.

Date Posted: 13-Sep-2004 at 20:32
I'm really sick of applying modern national concept to ancient empires. And there are some people who are extremely ignorant of historical facts. First of all saying Chinese as a whole hate the mongol is pure nonsense. The upper landowning class loved the Yuan, they were enriched by it and had power by the end. The rebellion of the so called "chinese" is just the peasants and they directed this not to the mongols but to the rich in general. Thus the wealthy land owners are the most loyal defender of the yuan regime and helped fight the peasant rebels, there is nothing about national hatred in this rebellion, only after Zhu Yuan Zhang defeated all his rivals and conquered all of the south did he declare driving out the "barbarians" for support, but the rebellion as a whole has nothing to do with anti mongol.

Date Posted: 14-Sep-2004 at 16:06
Yeah right, that's why Ming destroyed all what was foreign, killed and drove out all foreigners. It was just a happily communist world revolutionistic feat done by chinese hundreds years ahead of the russians.

Date Posted: 14-Sep-2004 at 22:36

I said Chinese hated Mongol rule:

Are peasents not the majority of "Chinese"?

Arn't Yuan the "Mongols"?

Stop distorting my words for your own purpose.

By the way quite a lot of Frenchmen supported Vichy in Nazi-Occupied France - but wasn't the liberation a patriotic war waged in name of French nationalism???

Date Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 14:17

"Yeah right, that's why Ming destroyed all what was foreign, killed and drove out all foreigners. "

they didn't, just those that are hated by the commoners ming killed alot of the hated Han too, so whats your point? 

"I said Chinese hated Mongol rule:

Are peasents not the majority of "Chinese"?"

And your wrong because the Chinese revolted against the regime not directed against a ethnic group in particular.

"Arn't Yuan the "Mongols"?"

sure, so your saying that when the peasants overthrew a regime they hate the regime's race? Sorry but that makes absolutly no sense. So the Chinese also hate the Han race for overthrwoing the Han government?

"Stop distorting my words for your own purpose. "

I didn't distort anything, you should learn to speak better, and its not for any purpose but historical accuracy which you propaganlalists distort all the time.

"By the way quite a lot of Frenchmen supported Vichy in Nazi-Occupied France - but wasn't the liberation a patriotic war waged in name of French nationalism???"

So the french revolution means the French people hate the French race? Nonsense as usual. 

Date Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 16:07

You are distorting my words. I said "Chinese so hated the Mongol rule that they rose up and overthrew the Yuan Dyansty." What do you not understand? Are not Yuans Mongols, and the peasents Chinese? What are trying to disprove? That Yuan was not Mongol and peasents were not Chinese? You should learn to think straight... or read. 

Is French Revolution a "Nationalist War"? I don't think so. Did they believe in World-Wide Brotherhood of Mankind? Yes...

Think about it: did not the Ming pose itself as a Chinese regieme bringing back things Chinese and crushing the barbarians (Mongols) ? Is that not why they shut the doors to the outside world?

Yes ofcourse when a race is under an oppression by another race, especially a minority, the former hates the latter.

1. Catholic Irish hated British

2. French hated Germans.

3. Chinese hated Japanese

4. Natives hated "Palefaces"

Iraqis overthrew Saddam Hussein, does it mean they hate themselves... no. Americans are oppressing Iraqis (or atleast in their opinion)... does that mean they hate Americans, at least in general? yes...

There are instances where a person of race 1 hits another of race 2. Race 1's and race 2's in the area line up behind "their" kind and start bashing eachother. If a race 1 beat up a race 1 would race 1's be all hitting eachother? I don't think so, unless it is gang-wafare.  

Nazi Germans hated the Jews because they were living in "their" land. Does it mean that they hate other Germans for living in their land? I don't think so.

Stop trying to pretend that racial hatreds don't exist and that they have historically been a factor for rebellions, wars and massacres.

It is you who are distorting history - rebellion against Yuan was racially motivated - was there ever a dynasty in China that was so short lived? Why did this dynasty end so quickly when there were just the same amount of famines, floods etc? Racial difference and clash.

Why does Tibet want independence? Race and Culture.

Why does Chechenya want independence? Race and Culture.

Why does Palestine want independence? Race and Culture.

Date Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 17:38

"What do you not understand? Are not Yuans Mongols, and the peasents Chinese? What are trying to disprove? That Yuan was not Mongol and peasents were not Chinese? You should learn to think straight... or read. "

I do not understand your foul ranting. I'm trying to disprove that Chinese didn't start the rebellion because of the mongols as you incorrectly imply. Which part of that don't you understand? You should learn to get a brain, then think, then learn to talk.

"It is you who are distorting history - rebellion against Yuan was racially motivated - was there ever a dynasty in China that was so short lived? Why did this dynasty end so quickly when there were just the same amount of famines, floods etc? Racial difference and clash. "

Dead wrong, Evildoer, if you are so poor in Chinese history don't even talk about it, there is nothing I'm distorting, its just your pure incompetence in Chinese history in general. do you want the passage in primary sources why the rebellion started? Even worse is the fact that you cling to your petty assertion to the extent that you provided any valid argument at all. The rebellion started because of the poor condition in the society pure and simple, there is nothing directed against the mongols as a race until the very end by Zhu Yuan Zhang.

"Stop trying to pretend that racial hatreds don't exist and that they have historically been a factor for rebellions, wars and massacres. "

, you're hopeless, its so difficult to talk to losers who ties politic with every historic arguments. There is nothing I'm pretending, the facts are straight forward, the people rebelled against because of a corrupt regime, not because of racial hatred in the begining, what does it take to sink this through your thick skull. Its a shame you're too incompetent to read primary sources, but obviously you're not up to the level of debate, you just blindly claim something without basis.

Date Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 17:42

"was there ever a dynasty in China that was so short lived?"

Yes, the Qin and the Sui are even shorter lived, so your wrong as only to be expected from an incompetent amateur like you.

" Why did this dynasty end so quickly when there were just the same amount of famines, floods etc?"

It ended just as fast as any other dynasty that has flood and famine, in fact because the Yuan was able to gain the support of the land owning class it outlasted other dynasties which had famine, so wrong again.

Date Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 17:58

Since you're coupled with ignorance and stubborness(a combination that I loath), and pretty much has no knowledge of the Yuan whatsoever, I recommend you read Eberhard's history of the Chinese people on the section on Yuan dynasty and see why the rebellion actually started. I would gladly give a figure for the land tillage decrease, starvation statistics, famine level, and disease rate all of which are based on empirical data unlike your baseless history distorting bullsh*t that gains no foothold in the Yuan area of study done by the international scholars. You can compare these figure with other dynasties and see how Yuan is one of the worst in such terms. Peasants are careless to who rules as long as the regime gives them prosperity, and this the Yuan is completely devoid of such and that was why the peasant rebelled. Your claim that uneducated peasants could actually hate a "barbarian" when most of them couldn't even read just revealed your pure ignorance not only on the Yuan but on the social structure of imperial China as a whole. And ironically you claim I'm distorting history when its you who brings up politics on virtually every discussion that we had and feel shameless in your mistakes dispite been corrected by proven sources.

Date Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 18:59

There were famines and floods million times during Tang, Han, Ming and Ching dynasties, so why didn't people rise up and overthrow? Because they were Chinese...  By the way some Mongols wanted to kill off all Chinese and use the land as pasture... Kublai stoped them. So you can basically see how Mongols treated the Chinese - as sword/arrow fodder.

The Germans were able to secure France better because of Vichy collaborators... how does that prove that the majority of French did not have Germans? Hmm... some rich collaborated with Japanese during Sino-japanese War, so it must have been Chinese loved Japanese!

LOL Yuan lasted 1279-1368...  you call that long? Rather pathetic isn't it? What about Ming, Song, Tang, Ching and all that? Were they so blessed that they had no floods and famines... that must be it.

Uneducated Southern "white-trash" country folk of America have the greatest hatred toward Blacks .... is ethnic hatred only confined to those highly-educated? Is not not easier to incite hatred among the ignorant and the stupid?

Note that most of the members of terrorist groups of IRA and UDA in North Ireland come from working-class, ill-educated and squalid neighbourhoods.

Any idiot can hate a Mongol if he is riding around spelendour when common people of his race is starving to death. Unless of course you are full of Maoist propaganda...

I have better books to read then that on China... China isn't the most interesting country anyway.  Long and dull...

You think you can rip politics out of history... oh good there should be no dictators, no democracies, no officers, no commanders, no village chiefs, no decisions, no wars, no events... etc. Good luck in writing politic-free history.

I think you should watch your mouth and stop the "foul ranting"...

Those who use the word bs do it beause they are it...

Date Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 21:56

"There were famines and floods million times during Tang, Han, Ming and Ching dynasties, so why didn't people rise up and overthrow? Because they were Chinese... "

No, because there were properity and order during these regimes, another sign of your ingrorance. Every dynasty except 3 has whats called Zhi Shi, translated simply as period of prosperity. Han has Wen Jin, Ming Zhang. Tang has Zheng Guan, Kai Yuan Zhi, Qing have Kang Qiang Zhi. The only 3 that doesn't have any period of prosperity is Qin, Jin and Yuan, and out of these three Yuan lasted the longest.

"By the way some Mongols wanted to kill off all Chinese and use the land as pasture... Kublai stoped them. So you can basically see how Mongols treated the Chinese - as sword/arrow fodder."

Wrong again, it wasn't during Kublai's time.

Date Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 22:04

"some rich collaborated with Japanese during Sino-japanese War, so it must have been Chinese loved Japanese! "

The flaw of your argument is "some" while in the case of Yuan virtually all supported the regime. And for the fourth time, the peasant didn't rebel because Yuan was mongol, they rebeled because they were suffering, its as simple as that, why are you stubbornly resisting depite the fact you have no source to back your rubbish up what soever?

"Any idiot can hate a Mongol if he is riding around spelendour when common people of his race is starving to death. Unless of course you are full of Maoist propaganda... "

He hates him because he is rich and harsh not because he is a mongol.

"Unless of course you are full of Maoist propaganda... "

Sorry, but the only propagandalist here is you, despite the fact that you have absolutely no bases for your claim while all of mine are based on empirical data, you're just a incompetent historian, stubborn loser, and a time waster.

"I have better books to read then that on China... China isn't the most interesting country anyway.  Long and dull... "

I've already presented my sources, you don't have to read it but the fact remains that you have no sourcfes and all your guess work are nonsense. You've just admitted you've read little on Cnbhina, so why the bloody hell are you still persisting on your clumsy argument?

"You think you can rip politics out of history... oh good there should be no dictators, no democracies, no officers, no commanders, no village chiefs, no decisions, no wars, no events... etc. Good luck in writing politic-free history. "

No, I'm citing historical works by competent historians unlike you, its funny you haven't figured out who really is riping politics out of history in here(in case you're too stupid to know, its you)

"I think you should watch your mouth and stop the "foul ranting"..."

I would watch it when you speak something other than baseless trash. And start reading books, I don't feel like arguing with a moron that don't even know this topic at all tand claim he is right.

Date Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 22:13

You did not provide sources either... too bad for thou! Plus, you just contradicted your own words. Before you said only the rich upper class supported Yuan. Now you say the majority supported Yuan. Are the majority the rich and the upper class?

I admit I read little - but what evidence do I have that you know more?

Excuse me, but I am not a propaganda... calling humans propaganda is hilarious.  Unless I have writing and pictures posted on me front and back I am not a propaganda.

You just accused me of mixing politics with history. Now you accuse me of ripping it out from history. Contradiction again.

What makes me believe your sources exist? I could say, I read a book on Yuan by... say Alfred Wheeler (invented name), and I can just invent some examples. Is that not the same for you? Give me a tangeable evidence in form of a website.

Date Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 22:22

"You did not provide sources either... too bad for thou! ""

"I recommend you read Eberhard's history of the Chinese people on the section on Yuan dynasty and see why the rebellion actually started."

Difficult reading?

P

"lus, you just contradicted your own words. Before you said only the rich upper class supported Yuan. Now you say the majority supported Yuan. Are the majority the rich and the upper class?"

No, there is nothing contracting in my statement, The majority I'm reffering to is the majority of the upper class, they makes up 1/10th of the population, but has the power.

"I admit I read little - but what evidence do I have that you know more? "

Easy, I read parts of Yuan Shu and already suggested to you sa source on the origin of the Yuan which you didn't feel like reading, not my problem you're ignorant and lazy at the same time.

"You just accused me of mixing politics with history. Now you accuse me of ripping it out from history. Contradiction again."

Contradiction to what? You have no sources, what I said is fact.

"What makes me believe your sources exist? I could say, I read a book on Yuan by... say Alfred Wheeler (invented name), and I can just invent some examples. Is that not the same for you? Give me a tangeable evidence in form of a website."

" http://rds.yahoo.com/S=2766679/K=a+History+of+china+by+wolfram+eberhard/v=2/SID=e/TID=H037_119/l=WS1/R=1/H=0/MI=free/IPC=us/SHE=0/*-http://rdre1.yahoo.com/click?u=http://www.gutenberg.net/etext/11367&y=02F1A2ED37900267&i=482&c=9310&q=02%5ESSHPM%5BL7~%3FWvlkpmf%3Fpy%3F%7Cwvq~%3F%7Df%3Fhpsym~r%3Fz%7Dzmw~m%7B6&e=utf-8&r=0&d=wow-en-us&n=E9DK5H4VM53K309N&s=7&t=&m=4147B55B&x=01304248C43CEDE4 - http://rds.yahoo.com/S=2766679/K=a+History+of+china+by+wolfr am+eberhard/v=2/SID=e/TID=H037_119/l=WS1/R=1/H=0/MI=free/IPC =us/SHE=0/*-http://rdre1.yahoo.com/click?u=http://www.gutenb erg.net/etext/11367&y=02F1A2ED37900267&i=482&c=9 310&q=02%5ESSHPM%5BL7~%3FWvlkpmf%3Fpy%3F%7Cwvq~%3F%7Df%3 Fhpsym~r%3Fz%7Dzmw~m%7B6&e=utf-8&r=0&d=wow-en-us &n=E9DK5H4VM53K309N&s=7&t=&m=4147B55B&x= 01304248C43CEDE4 "

Happy?

Date Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 22:45

You said "virtually all" Chines - stop playing around with your words.

You don't understand what is contradiction? You just accused me before of mixing politics and history. Then you accused me of ripping history from politics. How can I be seperating and mixing at the same time?

You make accusations without professional evidence. Bring the professional evidence for your insults jk.

I will look into the site when I have time - I have to sleep now 11:48

Date Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 23:08

"You said "virtually all" Chines - stop playing around with your words."

No i didn't say "virtually all chinese", i just said "virtually all", and i was refering to the rich, I'm not playing around with words, you just have to learn how to read.

"You make accusations without professional evidence. Bring the professional

evidence for your insults jk.

"

Wrong again, Eberhard is in fact a professional historian, once again you have shown your ignorance and stubborness, what that doesn't surprise me the least bit. 

"I will look into the site when I have time - I have to sleep now 11:48"

Good look at it so you woouldn't be as stupid as you already are. Come back tommorow and I'll crush the rest of your bullsh*t.

Date Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 23:11
Now its quite obvious you're avoiding the original discussion on how the revolt isn't directed against the mongols but against the rich in general. But that isn't surprising considering people who are devoid of sources and try to maintain their lies despite they are wrong and they knew it.

Date Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 23:24
warhead, you don't need to argue with him. Arguing with a fool will only bring down you to his level. Its clear that he is desperate in his arguments already, just look at the way he avoids the major topics.

Date Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 23:26

Too bad, you never mentioned the rich in the sentence or in the sentence before neither did you use a pronoun to reference them thus naturally "virtually all" means virtually all Chinese.

I was talking about "insults" and not your theory... How about thou teachest thouself how to read?

I said I will read it tomarrow... how is that avoiding?

Date Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 23:29

"Too bad, you never mentioned the rich in the sentence or in the sentence before neither did you use a pronoun to reference them thus naturally "virtually all" means virtually all Chinese"

No,l since we are talking about the rich, it clearly means the rich, not my problem you don't understand it.

"I said I will read it tomarrow... how is that avoiding? "

You are avoiding the whole topic since I mentioned sui, Qin and jin were all shorter dynasties than Yuan, thus your statement of Yuan been short lived because its mongol is already proven invalid, and you're constantly avoiding it.

Posted By: cliveersknell
Date Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 23:44
Evildoer,
You missed one big big big big point.
Genghis Khan's empire did not die with the Ming rebellion,
it was reborn:
a. during the Qing dynasty, when Nurhaci decided to adopt a variant of the mongol script for the Manchu nation .
b. during the birth of the PRC, when Mao proclaimed in Tiananmen, that the chinese people finally stood up.

Today, the PRC is well poised to bring back Genghis Khan's empire to a new climax.
The Mongol Yuan empire defined China's boundaries and gave the Chinese people a unity that China did not break up
as it did during the previous dynasties prior to the Yuan.
True, the Han, Tang, Song and Ming lasted more than the Yuan, but they never controlled the total area now controlled by the PRC.
The Yuan defined , the Qing consolidated, and now the PRC
is in a position to expand full cycle back to what it was during the Yuan.
I am a westerner, and I had my doubts about China before I started doing business with them in the 80's, now I am convinced that they are at least an equal with a great potential of overtaking us in the West. Our Western sun
is setting, but China's sun is rising. We in the US thought that by applying sanctions we could somehow restrain and stop China's rise as our principal competitor
. However, science and technology knows no bounds, and if you have a motivated, disciplined, focused, intelligent,
common sensical, and fully integrated population, you will definitely be bound to succeed. The amusing thing, is that each year the sanctionable items start becoming less and less, and do you know why? It is because the Chinese know
us much more than we know them. They know us to be greedy
, selfish, individualistic, and materialistic. They know
that Wall Street calls the shots here. So, they play the economic game with us, they flood our market with cheap mass produced goods, in which they use German technology to produce, since , unlike us our german "allies" are willing to sell anything to China for money. Walmart, Kmart, Target and Savemart were first in line , now Macy's
, Montgomery Ward, Sears, and even Nordstrom is coming up the ladder with brands "made in china", and we patronize
these products greatly. There will come a time, where we will be forced into a love hate relationship with China,
but China seems winning the game hands down.
Recently , China televised and announced in the People's Daily, and other major news papers across the country, that it will be showing the Genghis Khan miniseries nationwide. It also recently showed two big exhibits of
newly excavated artifacts from the Yuan Dynasty in two major museums in Beijing, and it held a big conference inviting all the scholars worldwide on the Yuan dynasty and Genghis Khan to attend.
The Chinese govt today is truly the real legacy of the
great mongol empire, and there will come a point in time,
wherein the people who don't take this seriously, like
you, Chono and a few other stooges in this forum, will
suffer greatly and loose much in the end.

r's
Clive

Date Posted: 15-Sep-2004 at 23:48

"True, the Han, Tang, Song and Ming lasted more than the Yuan, but they never controlled the total area now controlled by the PRC. "

Neither did the Yuan, xing jiang was not part of the Yuan empire.

Date Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 08:08
Originally posted by Evildoer

Excuse me, but I am not a propaganda... calling humans propaganda is hilarious.  Unless I have writing and pictures posted on me front and back I am not a propaganda.

when one gets desperate, he picks on the most petty things and makes fun of it....including spelling mistakes...

mate...warhead and i have been around this forum too long and we're not unfamiliar with losers like you.

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 09:32
How pathetic. PRC will take over the world? Hehehe, I will suffer and die? Poor uneducated lost soul. China is being controlled by the West more than ever, and he's ready to lick some chinese butt. And the chinese on this forum seem to enjoy that, queer I say.

Date Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 09:55

Licking who's butt? A loser like him doesn't have anything to lick butt with he is a butt.

Date Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 10:00

And I didn't know you could tell the future, you must be a psychic or just an ignorant loser. And from what you've about mongolia been more progressive than PRC, its clear you're the later.

Date Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 15:13

What did he lose in? In being stupid? And did you win?  It apparantly seems so.

I am such a loser that I can confuse you into calling me propaganda... I am shocked and awed by my loserliness.

Oh and by the way Brits did well in fighting Opium War - look at Hong Kong, how more civillized, advanced, sophisticated it is to China.  Isn't that your logic?

Date Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 15:16

"What did he lose in? In being stupid? And did you win?  It apparantly seems so. "

Yes

"Oh and by the way Brits did well in fighting Opium War - look at Hong Kong, how more civillized, advanced, sophisticated it is to China.  Isn't that your logic?"

yes, hong kong is more sophisticated, advanced, and civilized than China thats a fact, so what are you trying to prove? You bring up random topics like you always do.

Date Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 15:35

You were justifying Chinese takeover of Outter Mongolia, since int became much more prosperous. Thus British are also justified in taking over Hong Kong and in their whole Opium War.

Thus they should have kept Hong Kong. Thus they should have taken over whole China and civillized it like they did in Hong Kong. Dosn't this resemble your arugment?

Date Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 15:39

"You were justifying Chinese takeover of Outter Mongolia, since int became much more prosperous. Thus British are also justified in taking over Hong Kong and in their whole Opium War. "

China never took over outer mongolia and become more prosperous you idiot, if you are talking about inner mongolia, there is nothing about taking over, the territory is formally recognized to be part of China. If you are talking about the 18th century, all countries in the world are taking over others when they have the chance, China is one of the least agressive ones for your stupidity.

"Thus they should have kept Hong Kong. Thus they should have taken over whole China and civillized it like they did in Hong Kong. Dosn't this resemble your arugment?"

If they could treat the Chinese as equals of British which they didn't yes, they should

Date Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 15:56

Note my sentence again. By "it" I was describing Mongolia. Note that the noun closest to "it" is  Mongolia. Do you need a grammer lesson? And were you not just saying that China made Mongolia under its control more prosperous???

I was talking about Hong Kong becoming more prosperous by the way not Brits.

Well, Hong Kong was taken over during 19th century so Brits have a good claim. Hong Kong is British according to your logic.

Bring your proofs of inequality. A lot of Hong Kongers detest Chinese takeover, that is why so many of them immigrated. Did they have a system to vote governors? Yes... Do they now have a system to vote for their representatives? I don't think so.

Posted By: cattus
Date Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 15:59
Evildoer, please dont be a smart-ass about grammer. Many here dont have english as their first language.

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 16:05

Don't swear. By the way he speaks English perfectly - he is only trying to manipulate my senteces. He only makes "mistakes" when he will profit by twisting up my words.

English isn't my first language either - note that I speak it somewhat... irregularly.

Date Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 16:53

"Note my sentence again. By "it" I was describing Mongolia. Note that the noun closest to "it" is  Mongolia. Do you need a grammer lesson? And were you not just saying that China made Mongolia under its control more prosperous???"

I don't need any grammer lesson, its you that need to learn how to read, you clearly mentioned "outer mongolia" are you having memory problems coupled with stupidity and poor reading?

"I was talking about Hong Kong becoming more prosperous by the way not Brits.

Well, Hong Kong was taken over during 19th century so Brits have a good claim. Hong Kong is British according to your logic. "

No, because the British agreed to return it after 99 years, it was a lease not a gain. learn some history before you act stupid again.

"A lot of Hong Kongers detest Chinese takeover, that is why so many of them immigrated. "

And alot don't while the far majority didn't migrate.

"Did they have a system to vote governors? Yes... Do they now have a system to vote for their representatives? I don't think so. "

Oh well, they are lucky that they could vote at all.

Date Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 16:54

"Don't swear. By the way he speaks English perfectly - he is only trying to manipulate my senteces. He only makes "mistakes" when he will profit by twisting up my words."

I'm not manipualting anything. You just can't speak and stupid enough to not remember what you say.

Posted By: Imperator Invictus
Date Posted: 16-Sep-2004 at 22:08
This section of the forum doesn't need political garbage like these.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com