Print Page | Close Window

What is the cruelest army on Earth?

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: General History
Forum Name: Military History
Forum Discription: Discussions related to military history: generals, battles, campaigns, etc.
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2349
Printed Date: 25-Apr-2024 at 20:02
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What is the cruelest army on Earth?
Posted By: RED GUARD
Subject: What is the cruelest army on Earth?
Date Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 09:35

I think the Nazis are definately the worst.

-------------
Quotes by your's turly:

"I came, I saw, and I conquered... but only for the weekend"

"This is my tank, this is my weapon, and this is my pride."

"Power comes from a barrel of a gun."

Replies:
Posted By: Genghis
Date Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 11:19
I'd say the Assyrians even though that isn't a choice.

-------------
Member of IAEA

Posted By: Cyrus Shahmiri
Date Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 11:30
I think also Assyirans.

-------------

Posted By: druidebaron.nl
Date Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 11:47
The Aztecs were quite brutal against their prisoners of war. They fought wars to get more prisoners to sacrifice

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 12:13

I think Spanish Coquisadors were tye most cruel ones from the options. Because they murdered all innocent Aztecs violently for gold. The Aztecs first tought that they were gods and let them enter their cities peacefully, but they didnt forgive anybody, including all villagers.

And I heard another thing about the invasion of south America. Cortez took the chief, or prince of a city and then, he promised to let the prince live if they gave all the gold and treasure of the city. And they accepted the deal. But after Cortez recieved all gold of the city, he tortured the prince and killed both the prince and the villagers of the city. Obvious cruelty...

-------------

Date Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 12:15
I also dont understand why you put "Ottoman Turks" as an option. What kind of cruelty can let an army help the injured soldiers of the enemy in a war?

-------------

Posted By: Ikki
Date Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 13:03
Where is the Wehrmacht?

Date Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 13:08

I would day it's the SS.

Posted By: Temujin
Date Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 14:44
yeah, at first I thought Mongols and Assyrians, but seeing the options and thinking about it, i'd say SS as well.

-------------

Posted By: Landsknecht_Doppelsoldner
Date Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 15:52

On that list, I'd go with WWII-era Japanese.

Look at their track record:

Mass rapes in Korea

The "Rape of Nanking"

The Bataan "Death March"

Tojo's murder of American airmen

The release of Anthrax throughout China--germ warfare

Medical experiments on Chinese civilians and Allied POWs

Also, I have to laugh at those who criticize the Spanish conquistadores, who were certainly no more ruthless than any other soldiers in Europe or the Middle East at that time, let alone the Aztecs, whose entire culture was rooted in an obsession with death and human sacrifice. 

And the Ottoman Turks would certainly qualify too--both for the early modern period (the infamous Wallachian voivode, Vlad Dracula, took his preferred method of execution--impalement--from the Turks), and the 20th century (the Armenian Genocide of 1915).

-------------
"Who despises me and my praiseworthy craft,

I'll hit on the head that it resounds in his heart."

--Augustin Staidt, of the Federfechter (German fencing guild)

Posted By: Thegeneral
Date Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 18:13
I would have liked to see the Soviet army during WWII and throughout Soviet history really.  But the worst on the list is definatly the Japs in WWII.

-------------

Posted By: Seko
Date Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 18:29

A silly question. Need a timeframe, war or battle list, treatment of populace, treatment of prisoners, etc.

Nazi's and Soviets are tops in the 20'th century.

Royal Brittania are tops in the 19'th century. Must be the empires needs to use other nationalities to fight for the Brits in various wars.

American treatment of native indians is subhuman.

Spaniards are tops in cruel treatment of the southern Americas.

Roman legions deserve moore attention but don't know enough of their history. Yet their downfall is full of immoral activities.

Mongol hordes had a systematic extermination policy. Therefore, tops in their era.

Ottomans were to span a large period of history. Their main cruelty can stem from transfering of populations. Yet no population has suffered excile and the brunt of so many wars as have the Ottomans. Therefore, only marginal cruelty.

Crusades were for two causes - conquering holy lands and employement for the downtrodden. Got to love lust for luxury items or be killed, i.e. - Latin crusade agaisnst eastern orthodox Byzantines.

Posted By: Tobodai
Date Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 18:47

Id say its a tiue between WW2 era Japan and the SS, f9ollowed by the Assyrians

It may seem that the conquistadores are bad too but most of th epeople that died around them whered due to disease which may have aided them but wasn not intentional.

-------------
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton

Date Posted: 10-Mar-2005 at 18:55

Sorry about this guys but, when I was making this topic, I acciendentally deleted the Nazis.

-------------
Quotes by your's turly:

Posted By: coolstorm
Date Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 00:22

japanese soldiers were definitely more cruel.

-------------
���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� �� ï

Posted By: TheOrcRemix
Date Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 01:14
i would assume WW2 japanese soldiers. The POW % of living was like 6% in the pacific theater

-------------
True peace is not the absence of tension, but the presence of justice.
Sir Francis Drake is the REAL Pirate of the Caribbean

Posted By: Kalevipoeg
Date Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 16:10
Maybe it is because i haven't read about the atrocities commited by Japanese other than 1937., but i gave my vote to the Red Army during Stalin. Raping a million women during the time they were "liberating" Europe from nazis is pretty animal-like.

-------------
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...

Posted By: coolstorm
Date Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 16:20

Raping a million women during the time they were "liberating" Europe from nazis is pretty animal-like

so there are quite a few of russian descends in europe.

-------------
���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� �� ï

Date Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 16:45
Turks

Posted By: Bosnjo
Date Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 20:51

Originally posted by Fobulous

Turks

That is a Joke, the Turks ruled the Balkan (South-East-Europe) over 500 Years and 90% of all Balkanians are still Christians.

-------------
I am heavely armed, entirely sick and extremly nationalistic.

Posted By: strategos
Date Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 21:30

Come on buddy. SO what, the nazis ruled over the jews and almost All are still jewish. The killings prehaps are a little mopre important than the conversions..

Posted By: Artaxiad
Date Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 22:33

That is a Joke, the Turks ruled the Balkan (South-East-Europe) over 500 Years and 90% of all Balkanians are still Christians.

True... but only less than 1% of those inhabiting Turkey are Christians.

Posted By: Turk
Date Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 23:22
Conquistadors, Red Army, and Japanese WWII army are the worst to me.

Their standard policy was genocide, deportation, and slavery.

Nobody cares to mention the plight of Muslims during Soviet Times....Muslim lives are not as important I guess.

-------------

Posted By: Praetorian
Date Posted: 13-Mar-2005 at 00:10

It’ll be between the moguls, and the Japanese.

-------------
“Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris”
“--If Caesar were alive, you'd be chained to an oar.”

"game over!! man game over!!"

Posted By: akýncý
Date Posted: 13-Mar-2005 at 10:58
Originally posted by Artaxiad

True... but only less than 1% of those inhabiting Turkey are Christians.

That is because there was a huge population exchange between Greece and Turkey

-------------
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Posted By: demon
Date Posted: 13-Mar-2005 at 13:21

I'm afraid this thread will degenerate into another "ratio of ethnics in the forum" thread.  -.-;

Anyway, I think the worst army in terms of massacre are the mongols.  They just killed, killed, and not to forget, plunder and rape.  You just have to read their campaign on East Europe to believe their cruelty.  Well, even if they were cruel, they are the most admired in these days. 

-------------
Grrr..

Date Posted: 13-Mar-2005 at 13:38
Ý agree with the Caliph

-------------
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Posted By: Quetzalcoatl
Date Posted: 15-Mar-2005 at 00:17

The least cruel would be the french army, our mission was to bring proper civilisation to the world, the light of the world. Well this can lead to excess sometime, but we only reacted violently depending on what the enemy doing.

Damn we are so different we used to make wars just to spread the principles of freedom, this is also our weakness, you teach someone about freedom and the revolution, they will certainly revolt against you.

I guess the yanks are just copycat in the end, a sort of french and english hybrid, they make war because they are at the same time greedy(English trait) and also to spread freedom (they borrow that from the french revolution)

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Mar-2005 at 00:50
[QUOTE=Quetzalcoatl]

The least cruel would be the french army, our mission was to bring proper civilisation to the world, the light of the world. Well this can lead to excess sometime, but we only reacted violently depending on what the enemy doing.

Damn we are so different we used to make wars just to spread the principles of freedom, this is also our weakness, you teach someone about freedom and the revolution, they will certainly revolt against you.

I guess the yanks are just copycat in the end, a sort of french and english hybrid, they make war because they are at the same time greedy(English trait) and also to spread freedom (they borrow that from the french revolution)

[/QUOTE

The French army is not cruel,but not least cruel for what they did in the Ottoman Empire in the WW1

-------------

Posted By: Alparslan
Date Posted: 15-Mar-2005 at 03:48
Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl

This is French fascism. First be civilised then try to spread your civilization.

What does France do in Ivory Coast? Apart from massacring and inflicting internal war..... Just look at Algeria. You have massacred 1,5 million Algerians to spread "French principles of freedom".  You have to be ashamed istead of talking about ridiculous French opinions.

you teach someone about freedom and the revolution, they will certainly revolt against you. 

Did they ask you "come and teach us about freedom"?

You are giving a task to yourselves. I hope France can cure herself from this mental illness.

Date Posted: 15-Mar-2005 at 05:53
Originally posted by Alparslan

This is French fascism. First be civilised then try to spread your civilization.

What does France do in Ivory Coast? Apart from massacring and inflicting internal war..... Just look at Algeria. You have massacred 1,5 million Algerians to spread "French principles of freedom".  You have to be ashamed istead of talking about ridiculous French opinions.

you teach someone about freedom and the revolution, they will certainly revolt against you. 

Did they ask you "come and teach us about freedom"?

You are giving a task to yourselves. I hope France can cure herself from this mental illness.

I ceartainly agree.(Lafý yedirdin adama)

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Mar-2005 at 17:53

The French army is not cruel,but not least cruel for what they did in the Ottoman Empire in the WW1

The ottoman Empire deserved a worse fate if you tell me.

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Mar-2005 at 18:04

You don;t know what facism is. .

You know little about thee Ivory coast. We are there to protect, without us that country will fall apart in a civil war. We have no pretention here. We are not occupying the bloody country, the President asked us to come here. If we are told to go, we will be obliged to live the country. Brave soldiers are protecting the country from a civil war and that's all you got to say.  

Quetzalcoatl wrote:

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Mar-2005 at 05:50

You don;t know what facism is. .

You know little about thee Ivory coast. We are there to protect, without us that country will fall apart in a civil war. We have no pretention here. We are not occupying the bloody country, the President asked us to come here. If we are told to go, we will be obliged to live the country. Brave soldiers are protecting the country from a civil war and that's all you got to say.  

Quetzalcoatl wrote:

Yeah,sure

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Mar-2005 at 05:51
And what did the Ottmans do to deserve the punishment given by you?

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Mar-2005 at 18:37

we didn't punish anyone you punish yourself, your blood on your own hands. The ottomans shouldn't have joined the war on the enemies side they should have stayed neutral. Not only you didn't learn your lesson during WW1, you further allied the worst regime the world has ever seen during the WW2, a regime hell bent on the annilation of France and to restore tyranny in the world.   Now I sound like a total bigot I know, but this is the truth.

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Mar-2005 at 18:42

Japanese the worst, follow closely by the mongols hordes. But the mongols can be forgiven, because in those time tyranny was common practice..

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Mar-2005 at 21:30
Assyrian, Nazi policeforces(SS, Gastopo) Japanese crazies, all tie.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Mar-2005 at 05:56

we didn't punish anyone you punish yourself, your blood on your own hands. The ottomans shouldn't have joined the war on the enemies side they should have stayed neutral. Not only you didn't learn your lesson during WW1, you further allied the worst regime the world has ever seen during the WW2, a regime hell bent on the annilation of France and to restore tyranny in the world.   Now I sound like a total bigot I know, but this is the truth.

The ottomans did not exist in the WW2

We were on your side in the WW2

You do sound like a bigot

-------------

Posted By: Jorsalfar
Date Posted: 17-Mar-2005 at 06:00

"We were on your side in the WW2"

What did Turkey do during the war?

Werent you neutral?

Posted By: Gazi
Date Posted: 17-Mar-2005 at 06:03

I think the crusaders were the most bloodthirsty and cruel.They left nearly nothing alive on their way to Jerusalem.Jerusalem had been invaded many times before but had never seen such slaughter.

-------------
“Freedom is the recognition of necessity.”-Friedrich Engels

Date Posted: 17-Mar-2005 at 06:03
Originally posted by Jorsalfar

Werent you neutral?

We joined towards the end of the war.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Mar-2005 at 06:06
Originally posted by Gazi

I think the crusaders were the most bloodthirsty and cruel.They left nearly nothing alive on their way to Jerusalem.Jerusalem had been invaded many times before but had never seen such slaughter.

Well said Gazi.

-------------

Posted By: rider
Date Posted: 17-Mar-2005 at 16:17
A 10000 Muslims were killed in the first invasion of Jerusalem???

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Mar-2005 at 16:57
Originally posted by akýncý

Werent you neutral?

That was just a formal thingy. It was two months before the end of the war, when everyone (exept Hitler) was sure the allies were going win anyway.

Did Turkey actually fight during World War II?

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 04:46

So few votes for the Red Army???

-------------
There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge...

Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 05:43
Originally posted by MixcoatlToltecahtecuhtli

Werent you neutral?

That was just a formal thingy. It was two months before the end of the war, when everyone (exept Hitler) was sure the allies were going win anyway.

Did Turkey actually fight during World War II?

No

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 10:00

Originally posted by rider

A 10000 Muslims were killed in the first invasion of Jerusalem???

Yes.As Gazi said the crusaders massackered everywhere,killed everyone.

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 10:04
Ý think the Roman legions were pretty bloodthirsty too.When Carthage was conquered the order was "Kill everybody you meet".But that was not enough.They stabbed the cows,cut the babies,raped dead bodies,chopped the dogs in half and salted the fields so nothing could grow there.

-------------

Posted By: dark_one
Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 12:26
Maybe it is because i haven't read about the atrocities commited by Japanese other than 1937., but i gave my vote to the Red Army during Stalin. Raping a million women during the time they were "liberating" Europe from nazis is pretty animal-like.

That million was contained moistly to Berlin. And whatever happenned to the Germans they deserved that and more.
So few votes for the Red Army???

That's primarily because most people tend to have perspective and less bias, not to mention that the majority lack obsession with communism. Although if the Nazis were here I would vote for them. Japan is a close second and a Nazi ally so it gets my vote.

Posted By: Idanthyrus
Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 12:35

It wasnt just muslims they killed either. Their first act was to sack Byzantium, the so called eastern capital of Christianity. After they had actually gotten to the Holy Land the crusaders killed many Jews and also some Armenian and Syrian Christians who were living in the levent.

Likewise when th Teutonic Knights invaded Poland and the Baltic states they slaughtered pagan and converted christian indiscriminately.

Posted By: rider
Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 12:52

I know,

And the Red Army has so few votes , because none of the Read Army "friends" is here! lol. I see you voted for them. I voted, i think for the Red Army, because i saw the crusaders too lately.

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 19:21

Ý think the Roman legions were pretty bloodthirsty too.When Carthage was conquered the order was "Kill everybody you meet".But that was not enough.They stabbed the cows,cut the babies,raped dead bodies,chopped the dogs in half and salted the fields so nothing could grow there.

Why kill the cattle why you use it for a source of food and transporttation?

-------------
Quotes by your's turly:

Posted By: Bosnjo
Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 20:14

The Serbians, especially the Arkanovci or Arkans Tigers.

The serbian Unit was founded of a Serbian-American (Arkan Zeljko Raznatovic), who was a serial bankrobber and Theaf in Western-Europe, then gots tha Mafia Boss of Belgrade.

As the the Secession-Wars in Croatia and Bosnia 1991 begun, he formed a Unit which consists of Mafiosi, Hooligans, Prisoners and other socipaths. His Unit commited the Most of the Serbian War Crimes like Killings of Civilians (even children), rape, and Louting... he louted so much in Croatia and Bosnia later  that he gots one of the richest Men of South-East Europe. He also led Concentration-Camps for Non-Serbs...

He forced the best known Yugoslaw Diva to marry him, or else he would kill her. He behaved like a King. After the Attack of Nato-Forces on Serbia due to the Genocid in Kosovo, the regime of Milosevic (His Boss) troubled, he was "shooted".

Nearly everybody believes that this Monster is still alive.

-------------
I am heavely armed, entirely sick and extremly nationalistic.

Date Posted: 18-Mar-2005 at 21:55

It wasnt just muslims they killed either. Their first act was to sack Byzantium, the so called eastern capital of Christianity. After they had actually gotten to the Holy Land the crusaders killed many Jews and also some Armenian and Syrian Christians who were living in the levent.

Likewise when th Teutonic Knights invaded Poland and the Baltic states they slaughtered pagan and converted christian indiscriminately

First sorry about my mistake concerning turks during WW2 allying the axis.

About crusaders please note, crusaders were only christians by name and they were acting contrairy to the christian doctrine of peace and love. Again this was medieval time. I'm a catholic, but I have no pretention haven't been to church for years and certainly don't behave like a catholic is supposed to do. It's not christianism the fault, it's me and the  society sure do encourage my behaviour.

Now let have a look on the other side, the muslim. They are invaders and destroyer of civilisation, the once mighty and civilised Persian went under their swords, proving my point. What a loss to mankind this was. Now  can argue the muslims weren't following the Islamic doctrine. Invasion and conquest of other people to impose thei religion is in their doctrine, Mohammed was a warrior himself. So the fault doesn't lie in the people but in their doctrine. And this is a far worse reality.

Please note I'm not talking from a religious POV (I'm more an atheist anyway and I'm not a racist ) but from historical POV. Now all muslims were supposed to be warriors weren't they, but since they couldn't follow their doctrines, their behaviour changed and they rather settled down. my point can "Christians" and muslims coexist, possible, but don't you politicians take the bloody risk of trying it. 

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 06:18

Likewise when th Teutonic Knights invaded Poland and the Baltic states they slaughtered pagan and converted christian indiscriminately

About crusaders please note, crusaders were only christians by name and they were acting contrairy to the christian doctrine of peace and love. Again this was medieval time. I'm a catholic, but I have no pretention haven't been to church for years and certainly don't behave like a catholic is supposed to do. It's not christianism the fault, it's me and the  society sure do encourage my behaviour.

Now let have a look on the other side, the muslim. They are invaders and destroyer of civilisation, the once mighty and civilised Persian went under their swords, proving my point. What a loss to mankind this was. Now  can argue the muslims weren't following the Islamic doctrine. Invasion and conquest of other people to impose thei religion is in their doctrine, Mohammed was a warrior himself. So the fault doesn't lie in the people but in their doctrine. And this is a far worse reality.

Please note I'm not talking from a religious POV (I'm more an atheist anyway and I'm not a racist ) but from historical POV. Now all muslims were supposed to be warriors weren't they, but since they couldn't follow their doctrines, their behaviour changed and they rather settled down. my point can "Christians" and muslims coexist, possible, but don't you politicians take the bloody risk of trying it. 

NO.Muslims are not destroyers and plague bearers blahblahblah....Ý'm an atheist.nOt muslim not christian.But i know that the original religion said to love charish and use sciece,enlightment.Ýt changed over the years of the prophet's death.And the persian empire;the CÝVÝLÝSED GREEKS burned it down too.Guess they asked for it.

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 08:00

NO.Muslims are not destroyers and plague bearers blahblahblah....Ý'm an atheist.nOt muslim not christian.But i know that the original religion said to love charish and use sciece,enlightment.Ýt changed over the years of the prophet's death.And the persian empire;the CÝVÝLÝSED GREEKS burned it down too.Guess they asked for it.

The Arabs did spread Islam by forcing the people they conquered   but it was still more tolerant than Christian Europe at that time (or up to the early 17th century)

-------------

Posted By: Jagatai Khan
Date Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 08:33

In WW2,Turkey agreed a pact with Britain and France at the start of the war.According to this pact,Turkish Army would be an allied country when Germans if had done sth dangerous for Turkey.And USSR,Britain and France would have used Turkish bases and harbours.

When it comes to the crueliest;Crusades were really maniac.They weren't fierce only against the Muslims,they killed so many Jews and Orthodoxes.

• In the first crusade,near Iznik,they even killed the new born babies and they grilled those babies on fire.
  • In the same Crusade,in Antioch they killed the everyone they saw in the city.
  • While they were on the road to Jerusalem they murdered everyone they see;Historian Radulfus Cadomensis said that:"Our soldiers cooked Muslims in meal cauldrons and they stabbed the children on the fire."

There are lots of like these;if you want I will write;but these are already disgusting enough I think.

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Mar-2005 at 08:37
Originally posted by Jagatai Khan

In W2,Turkey agreed a pact with Britain and France at the start of the war.According to this pact,Turkish Army would be an allied country when Germans if had done sth dangerous for Turkey.And USSR,Britain and France would have used Turkish bases and harbours.

When it comes to the crueliest;Crusades were really maniac.They weren't fierce only against the Muslims,they killed so many Jews and Orthodoxes.

• In the first crusade,near Iznik,they even killed the new born babies and they grilled those babies on fire.
  • In the same Crusade,in Antioch they killed the everyone they saw in the city.
  • While they were on the road to Jerusalem they murdered everyone they see;Historian Radulfus Cadomensis said that:"Our soldiers cooked Muslims in meal cauldrons and they stabbed the children on the fire."

There are lots of like these;if you want I will write;but these are already disgusting enough I think.

-------------

Posted By: Markolitos
Date Posted: 20-Mar-2005 at 12:57
conquistadores win my vote

Date Posted: 20-Mar-2005 at 14:22
The qonquistadors were horrible but gave you a nice death if you became christian.(e.g.the garotte)

-------------

Date Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 08:57
       There are 10 votes for Ottoman Empire! I mean, there weren't as curel as the Mongols or Romans!

-------------
Quotes by your's turly:

Date Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 09:05
Its true.Actually they were quite tolerant towards their subjects.I think the reason they got that many votes is because there are many Balkanians on this forum.

-------------

Posted By: Jagatai Khan
Date Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 09:07

The ones who don't like Turks did this.Ottomans couldn't be the crueliest.

The fault is adding Ottomans to this list,Ottomans were always tolerant against the ethnic minorities in the empire.

-------------

Date Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 09:12

Its true.Actually they were quite tolerant towards their subjects.I think the reason they got that many votes is because there are many Balkanians on this forum.

But there are more Turkish members.

-------------
Quotes by your's turly:

Posted By: Vamun Tianshu
Date Posted: 03-Apr-2005 at 17:30

Conquistadores weren't all that bad.They did conquer the native people,and killed many,but you forget,they didn't go and force the Native Americans to total isolation.The Native American population stayed there in South America,and evolved into the form of Creoles and Mestizos.The Americans were more cruel to Natives than the Spanish,the Spanish did not force an entire population to almost certain extinction by pushing them to the sea like the Americans did with the plains indians.Not only that,but the Americans fought the Natives more than the Spanish did with their South American Natives.The Spanish didn't make the Natives go on a "Trail of Tears",in which the Americans did,which killed thousands of Native Americans.

The Conquistadores were also followed by priests and such,which tried to convert the Natives before they attacked.Plus,the conquistadores actually gained allies within these Natives,and in American case,you have the Natives fighting against them in the war of 1812,the Plain War in the mid to late 19 century,and countless others.The Aztecs were involved in Human Sacrifice.This disgusted the Spaniard Conquistadores.The Incas were pretty much the same,only slightly more mild.

-------------

In Honor

Date Posted: 04-Apr-2005 at 19:20
     Yeah right, they "converted" natives by massacring non-believers to Christ! And the cruel Conquisdors killed off 90% of the entire Native population in Latin America!

-------------
Quotes by your's turly:

Date Posted: 05-Apr-2005 at 01:36
No they didn't.They did not kill 90%of Native Americans in South America.Many of those Natives are now part of Spanish Culture.If you visited South America,you would know.The Spanish Population in South America mixed with the Native Population,which is why so many South American Spaniards look like Native Americans.Only some Conquistaodres did that,not all.You could say many of first,like Hernan Cortez and Fransisco Pizarro.

-------------

In Honor

Posted By: Arnil
Date Posted: 14-Apr-2005 at 16:53

I`m south american and i can say:

The Spanish not even tryed to understand the native culture,

for astecs, to be sacrifised was an honor,

And it´s truth,

in counties like argentina and cuba they killed everyone

Date Posted: 17-Apr-2005 at 11:08
Originally posted by Bosnjo

Originally posted by Fobulous

Turks

true

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Apr-2005 at 11:13
Originally posted by Arnil

And it´s truth,

alas we're telling in vain fellow,

these crusaders are blinded with the "modern civilization" motto

its true about the sacrifice and they don't understand this, use it the reason for the massacres they re responsible of

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Apr-2005 at 14:50

The Soviet army raped half of European women during the great invasion, split people into four pieces with horses and then did some really awful things too, by their scale i mean. Some smarter people, like my grandmothers father hid anything female on the farm when a soldier of the Red Army was insight.

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 02:19

From what I can say,the Spaniards used the sacrificing and cannibalism as a justification to conquer them.But there are more Natives in South America then in the US.In the US,the Native population is almost non-existent,most are up in the northwestern and southwestern.The Americans nearly wiped out all the Natives,by killing their source of food and clothing such as the buffalo,in whom the settlers just shot those animals down.

-------------

In Honor

Date Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 15:47
No pride for Americans in that area.

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Apr-2005 at 19:00

And it´s truth,

Man, why do you always write lik that?

-------------
Quotes by your's turly:

Date Posted: 03-May-2005 at 01:08
Japanese were terrible to the POWs luckily we had General Douglas to come and free them and liberate the Phillipines

Date Posted: 03-May-2005 at 04:14
Originally posted by RED GUARD

And it´s truth,

Man, why do you always write lik that?

Because what he writes about is honour and culture of an old and far nation, but not ideological(!) reasons for sacrificing civilians in squares.

-------------

Posted By: Phallanx
Date Posted: 03-May-2005 at 07:23
There are 10 votes for Ottoman Empire! I mean, there weren't as curel as the Mongols or Romans!

It seems like the ones that voted ottomans obviously know or remember some kind of historic fact you might have forgotten.

Like IMPALEMENT.

A technique they copied off Vlad of Tepes "the Impaler" that literally horrified them as we see in the Turkish Chronicle "Tursun-beg".
So knowing of it's great results on the army's moral, they  put it into full force on the conquered lands and τhe unarmed non-believers of Islam.

A stake with a metal tip was inserted in the victim's prosterior and was forced all the way through his body with an "exit point" being his sternum. It is said that if the executioner was willing and providing that the pasha demanded, the victim could live for the rest of the day and maybe make it through the night,since an experienced executioner could "pass it through" without harming any vital organs, but of course the stake remained inside him.
(see ATHANASIOS DIAKOS)

There is a great description of the method of IMPLALEMENT by some nobel winning Swede, since I don't recall the name I'll look it up and try to find it for you.

-------------
To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.

Date Posted: 03-May-2005 at 09:13

Like IMPALEMENT.

A technique they copied off Vlad of Tepes "the Impaler" that literally horrified them as we see in the Turkish Chronicle "Tursun-beg".
So knowing of it's great results on the army's moral, they  put it into full force on the conquered lands and ôhe unarmed non-believers of Islam

Phallanx good point.But one thing wrong,we hung them at the end of the day.They stood there from sun up,to sundown

But the ones that were impaled were criminals(horrible ones)

-------------

Date Posted: 03-May-2005 at 09:14

So knowing of it's great results on the army's moral, they  put it into full force on the conquered lands and ôhe unarmed non-believers of Islam.

I may need to say you are wrong there.Vienna?constantinople?belgrad?All unarmed?We let them keep their religion

-------------

Date Posted: 03-May-2005 at 09:18
Originally posted by Kalevipoeg

The Soviet army raped half of European women during the great invasion, split people into four pieces with horses and then did some really awful things too, by their scale i mean. Some smarter people, like my grandmothers father hid anything female on the farm when a soldier of the Red Army was insight.

How could someone be so horny??

-------------

Date Posted: 03-May-2005 at 11:21
Phallanx good point.But one thing wrong,we hung them at the end of the day.They stood there from sun up,to sundown

But the ones that were impaled were criminals(horrible ones)..............

I may need to say you are wrong there.Vienna?constantinople?belgrad?All unarmed?We let them keep their religion

Man you have a real twisted view on historic facts.
NO Christian under the Ottoman rule was considered human, they had NO rights, they were always considered as sub-human, non-citizens untill the end of the Crimean War 1856 when a Treaty (Paris Treaty of 1956) was signed that specifically noted that there will be NO discrimination of RACE and RELIGION and all are to be deemed EQUAL.(Article 9 of the Treaty).

Proof that the ottoman never did honour their signature (something that is a norm for you) is that during the exact same year and those that followed. The non-muslims had to obtain a permit to build or repare their "places" of worship. The percentage of permits issued was only the 7% to the ones requested.

criminals(horrible ones)

Need I remind you of the Patriarch of Constadinopoli????
Hanged by the ottomans and his body thrown in the Borsporus, only to be found months later by a fishing boat and delivered to Odessa were he finally received a proper burial.

The MASSACRE of Chios? where we find a fleet of turks killing 5000 women and children, burning down everything in sight and selling the rest of the population as slaves.

Athanasios DIAKOS (real name Massavetas) escaped the Janissary at the age of 12 and fled to a church hence the title DIAKOS=deacon, in order to avoid the forcive conversion. This is who you call criminal!!!!!

Your basic difference to all other armies mentioned in the topic is you never saw it as a war between people or just a conquering campaigne, you have always seen this as a JIHAD which is why, there was no crueler army than the ottomans.You did what you did for one reason
 out of HATRED towards Christians.

-------------
To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.

Posted By: TheodoreFelix
Date Posted: 03-May-2005 at 14:38
 It is also said that as Kruja castle was about to collapse to Mehmed, he promised that the civillians could leave peacefully but the janissaries slaughtered them as they came out on Mehmed's order. Whether there is truth to this or not I don't know.

-------------

Date Posted: 03-May-2005 at 14:53

Need I remind you of the Patriarch of Constadinopoli????
Hanged by the ottomans and his body thrown in the Borsporus, only to be found months later by a fishing boat and delivered to Odessa were he finally received a proper burial.

Gregorios was hanged because he supported the Greek rebellion with his follower Greek beys of Istanbul. He always idealised the new Christian Byzanthine Empire and he saw the Greek rebellions against the over tolerant Ottoman government as the only way to eliminate Muslim Turkish barbarians from history.

And yeah, we are humanity hater asian barbarians and we massacred 1,000,000,000 civilian Greeks. Satisfied?

-------------

Date Posted: 03-May-2005 at 18:14

Gregorios was hanged because he supported the Greek rebellion with his follower Greek beys of Istanbul. He always idealised the new Christian Byzanthine Empire and he saw the Greek rebellions against the over tolerant Ottoman government as the only way to eliminate Muslim Turkish barbarians from history.

And yeah, we are humanity hater asian barbarians and we massacred 1,000,000,000 civilian Greeks. Satisfied?

Ahh, so the Patriarch allegedly supported the rebelion (always according to you!!!!)
I know you guys hate ZAMAN.COM simply because even though yours(turkish) it seems to be the only site you people have that see's thing under a more "western" perspective.

"When Patriarch Gregorios II could not prevent the Mora revolt in 1821, and thus could not fulfill his duties as "head of millet," he was hanged."
http://www.zaman.com/include/yazdir.php?bl=columnists& alt=&trh=20050418&hn=14636

As you see even "your" sources give no support to your ficticious historic views. There is absolutely NO reference of support, it clearly says that he could not prevent.
BIG
difference if you ask me.

Even if this site is biased and you are right, did he really have to hang HIGH for dreaming and wanting to see his country free????

Man you got me wrong, I find no pleasure in you saying :
"we are humanity hater asian barbarians and we massacred 1,000,000,000 civilian Greeks"

But I do demand that you do show some respect to the proven MASSACRED Hellines, Assyrians, Armenians and Hellinic Pontians.
No mockery, accept what all historic sources prove. Not asking for much am I?

It is also said that as Kruja castle was about to collapse to Mehmed, he promised that the civillians could leave peacefully but the janissaries slaughtered them as they came out on Mehmed's order. Whether there is truth to this or not I don't know.

If it was up to me I'd honestly delete your at least (in lack of any other term) disgraceful  to us Hellines post.
Need I remind you exactly who ALI and ENVER PASHA were????
If you've read your history, you must know that there was a time that the Ottomans had not 1, not 2 but 27!!! grand viziers of Albanian origin.

Sure you may be part of the "opposing" to the conquerers Albanians, sorry but in my "twisted" logic things a really different.

-------------

Date Posted: 03-May-2005 at 19:21

First of all. I shouldnt even respond to that. You show disgraceful animosity toward my people.

I know my peoples history in the Ottoman Empire. But I also know Greece and Serbia's plans for Albania after they had just freed themselves from an oppressor. 

And your acting like I should be angry at my past for it taking part in the empire. Im not. At all. We were able to rule ourselves and breach and take high rank and power in a foreign empire. Should I see a problem in that? However I wont act like I am proud of falling into the Ottoman Empire. Im not, my people fought hard to keep them out. and here is a quote from a Ottoman historian on Albanians Ibn-Kemal 1468-1531)

"The Albanians, these tigers of mountain warfare, have as their religion rebellion. Even their worst warrior is one of the strongest and bravest on the battle-field, just as if he was a knight on a legendary horse. But he has no horse, nor proper weapon for battle. "

It goes to show something that Albanians were still the ones free from Ottoman rule when all of the Balkans was being taken over.

Anyway, I did not sign up to this site for nationalistic disputes with people. So if your trying to get me into one. Please don't.

-------------

Date Posted: 03-May-2005 at 20:54
First of all. I shouldnt even respond to that. You show disgraceful animosity toward my people.

I know my peoples history in the Ottoman Empire. But I also know Greece and Serbia's plans for Albania after they had just freed themselves from an oppressor.

Animosity?????
Big words, my friend. Are these not FACTS, is it not true that you were (how can I say it politely? nope I can't) the turks LACKEYS throughout the ottoman rule and you were used as terror forces?

KEYWORD: OPPRESSOR

Now as for the map you present.
Not sure if you know it but there was NO recognized Albanian state , country or whatever prior to 1912.
So providing a map "before"?? the fall of the ottoman rule doesn't prove that the lands are yours. It simply proves that you have some wet dreams of occupying lands that were under your control as the (sorry but just have to say it again) lackeys of the Ottomans, which was the basic reason you massively converted to Islam, to get a better treatment as promised.

If you are independant today you obviously owe it to Serbia, Bulgaria and Hellas, no matter how much I've searched there is no record of Albanians in any attempt to "drive out" the Ottoamans from the Balkans during the Balkan wars, I've found some that say you actually supported them.

It would be interesting to take a look at the Treaty of Berlin of 1881 (before the Balkan war) and later at the Paris Peace Conference of 1919 and see exactly what we'll find there.

Anyway, if you'd like to continue this interesting discussion let's do it by PM or open a new topic. I'm not sure if  "red guard" is pleased by us screwing up his topic.

-------------

Date Posted: 03-May-2005 at 21:19

Phallanx and his spirited mind, tell us if you know of any Greek atrocities towards conquered peoples. You know, the ones that you never mention. I guess you could count your lucky stars that those 'hated' Turks never did in your ancestors enough.

My condolences,

p.s.-Hope you get over your illness soon.

-------------

Date Posted: 03-May-2005 at 22:38
What kind of wet dreams of atrocities do you have?
I've seen no one in this topic question why the Hellines aren't in the poll so why don't you provide some info. Hell we just might top the list providing you are right

As for this "do them in", man where are your manners????
I suggest you take a goooooood and looooong look in a mirror and when you see NO mongoloid facial characteristics, you know what I'm talking about, the high cheekbones and the inner eyelids, then dear friend, think twice about WHO you were allegedly supposed to "do in" and who can say that he is trully lucky.

-------------

Posted By: strategos
Date Posted: 03-May-2005 at 23:13
Originally posted by Iskender Bey ALBO

What is wrong with wanting to enlarge their state with more greeks/serbs/ or bulgarians after they broke away from the oppressor? Albania was not a state, it was more of a region with less than 2 million Albanians at the time, with considerable Greek, Bulgarian, and Serbian minorities, of course they "dreamed" of incoorperating them into their state, but today their is an Albanian state, so I guess these peoples plans were unaccomplished, to "destroy" the Albanian "state"

-------------
http://theforgotten.org/intro.html

Date Posted: 04-May-2005 at 09:07

Originally posted by Phallanx

What kind of wet dreams of atrocities do you have?
I've seen no one in this topic question why the Hellines aren't in the poll so why don't you provide some info. Hell we just might top the list providing you are right

As for this "do them in", man where are your manners????
I suggest you take a goooooood and looooong look in a mirror and when you see NO mongoloid facial characteristics, you know what I'm talking about, the high cheekbones and the inner eyelids, then dear friend, think twice about WHO you were allegedly supposed to "do in" and who can say that he is trully lucky.

Phallanx don't be so shocked when someone shows equal allegations against Greeks. You think you could just get away with your disjointed views on history? Try looking up any book on Greek atrocities in the Balkans, Anatolia, Cyprus to name a few. If you want something more recent: 

BBC NEWS
Greek police 'tortured Afghans' December 12, 2004
Amnesty International has said it is "appalled" by reports that Greek police tortured Afghan immigrants.

The Greek public order ministry is investigating claims that police abused the immigrants, including children, at a house in the capital, Athens.

At least 40 Afghans were reportedly detained by police hunting an Afghan immigrant who had escaped custody.

They alleged that police beat them, forced them to strip naked and staged mock executions.

According to Amnesty's Greek branch, at least one child aged 17 has come forward with allegations of torture.

The organisation claimed that about 60 Afghans were beaten, but only half that number actually lodged complaints.

At least 17 of the Afghans were aged 15 to 17, Amnesty said.

"Amnesty International condemns such ill-treatment in the strongest possible terms," Amnesty spokeswoman Marianna Tzeferakou said.

'Culture of impunity'

"These incidents are even more abhorrent when perpetrated against the most vulnerable groups in society like minors and people who have come to seek refuge from persecution."

In a statement, Amnesty said it had written to Greek public order minister Giorgos Voulgarakis calling for a swift and impartial investigation.

The organisation has long alleged that Greek police violate human rights with impunity.

Maria Kali, director of the Medical Centre for the Rehabilitation of Victims of Torture, described injuries sustained by the Afghans as consistent with torture.

She told the AFP news agency that she personally tended to five children aged 17, while others were treated by other charities.

Correspondents say Greek non-governmental organisations have frequently condemned the treatment of asylum-seekers and illegal immigrants by the police.

The country is a signatory of the Optional Protocol to the Convention against Torture, which requires countries to work to prevent acts of torture.

-------------

Date Posted: 04-May-2005 at 09:59
Seko, man you're once again totally OFF TOPIC.
The topic is  WHAT IS THE CRUELISET ARMY ON EARTH  while you present an article that mentions POLICE.
Don't know if they're the same thing in the US ( I doubt it ) or in Turkey (most probably) but here ARMY and POLICE are two individual "forces" with NO connection to eachother what so ever.

I do believe it was you that mentioned pathetic efforts to attack in every chance you get.

-------------

Posted By: vulkan02
Date Posted: 04-May-2005 at 20:48
yeah Greeks are definitely people who you can never trust. They go as far as claiming that all the orthodox people in southern Albania are Greek and they want part of south albania for themselves. My grandfather from my mother's side is from a city in southern Albania that is heavily orthodox... however i haven't met one Albanian yet of course including him that they think they are Greek. Even the ALbanians that live in Greece for economic reasons, the Greek authorities force to change their names as well as religion so they can stay there. Meanwhile the Greek minorities in Albania even have their own Tv channels. its ridiculous that Greece is part of EU, hope that Turkey is admitted so they can speak on our behalf.

-------------
The beginning of a revolution is in reality the end of a belief - Le Bon
Destroy first and construction will look after itself - Mao

Date Posted: 04-May-2005 at 20:51
ohh and by the way i think  the Japanese are the cruelest since were on the topic, however i also heard that Turkey committed a great genocide against Armenians in WW1 but that is still being debated.

-------------

Date Posted: 04-May-2005 at 21:31
Vulkan, you can try to make your message without insults. 

-------------

Date Posted: 04-May-2005 at 21:35
i wasn't insulting any one im just speaking what the truth is

-------------

Date Posted: 04-May-2005 at 23:26

Hmm...I wonder why no one put the German Army during World War II!

They definitely deserve a spot on this list,seeing as how they nearly caused World War II Europe to destruction by waging war against so many of those countries,and thereby provoking the Red Army to come in,and do more destruction.

-------------

In Honor

Date Posted: 04-May-2005 at 23:38
Oh wait,scratch that post,I'm sorry.They are mentioned,but they should be on this list!

-------------

In Honor

Date Posted: 05-May-2005 at 05:21

Originally posted by vulkan02

Turkey committed a great genocide against Armenians in WW1 but that is still being debated.

It's forbidden now,i think because we get angry and say things we don't actually mean.The discussions get too hostile.

And correction,adress the islamist ottoman empire,not Turkey

-------------

Posted By: Ahmed The Fighter
Date Posted: 05-May-2005 at 08:48

the assyrian when they destroyed babylon ,the babylonian when they destroyed jerousalem ,the mongol in the siege of baghdad ,the crusader they killed in one day more than 70000 muslims in holyland,the soviet army in the invasion of poland  and hitler army in masacared of jewish

-------------
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com