Print Page | Close Window

Your favorite modern gun

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: General History
Forum Name: Modern Warfare
Forum Discription: Military history and miltary science from the ''Cold War'' era onward.
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21235
Printed Date: 19-Mar-2024 at 04:27
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Your favorite modern gun
Posted By: Balaam
Subject: Your favorite modern gun
Date Posted: 15-Aug-2007 at 06:36

So as the title says what is your favorite gun? and by modern I am more reffering to post WWII.

As for me my favorite would have to be Heckler and Koch's MP5, it is just such a nice looking yet really effective weapon.

Another favorite of mine is the Desert Eagle- it is such an awsome handgun.

Replies:
Posted By: Knights
Date Posted: 15-Aug-2007 at 06:48

Desert Eagle Smile

-------------

Posted By: Dolphin
Date Posted: 15-Aug-2007 at 06:54
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000OPCGOE/ref=dp_image_0/002-4951107-5526459?ie=UTF8&n=165793011&s=toys-and-games">5%20Super%20Squirter%20Clear%20Water%20Gun
Super Squirter X5 - WET

-------------

Posted By: Parnell
Date Posted: 15-Aug-2007 at 06:59

I'd like to see a terrorist beat one of these babies.

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Aug-2007 at 07:21
Why stop at guns? Surely the second amendment extends to owning one of these:

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Aug-2007 at 07:49
Well this topic is for guns and not big ass bombs, you could always start your own thread about them if you like

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Aug-2007 at 07:59
Done. Thanks Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Aug-2007 at 08:29
Mine was a nuke by the way!

-------------

Posted By: Leonidas
Date Posted: 15-Aug-2007 at 09:02
My favourite shotgun

The SPAS-12 is a semi-automatic shotgun produced by the Italian firm of Franchi S.p.A. It entered production in the late 1970's as a police and military combat shotgun with two settings - an automatic mode featuring a self-loading semi-automatic setting and the base pump-action setting. The weapon system can chew off nearly 4 rounds in one second in the automatic mode, less that for the manual pump-action mode.
http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=103 -

well knights beat me to the desert eagle, but ill post a particular one that is totally over kill, if one thought the magnum was big.....

...try the 50 express round. a cannon
here's one with a 6in and 10in barrel

but my favorite would be either the Glock or the steyr
the steyr http://www.warsenal.com/pistolsaustria.html -

Bolt action
Sterr http://www.warsenal.com/srAustria.html - http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/kensar/Sniper.htm - Sniper rifle one instead

i cant find a decent picture on the updated model here is the Mauser SP66

Posted By: Gharanai
Date Posted: 15-Aug-2007 at 16:10

Well very nice addons by everyone but I don't know why everyone has missed the most used weapon even in todays modern time.

They say old is gold but I say gold is AK-47.

Named after its designer Mikhail Kalashnikov and made in 1947, the Avtomat Kalashnikova aka AK-47 was the one of the first true automatic assault riffle and due to its compact size, comparative range, moderate power, selective fire, durability and ease of use remains the most widely used assault rifle in the world and is the most produced riffle in the world.

So my vote goes to the old player of the game, AK-47.

-------------

Date Posted: 15-Aug-2007 at 16:18
Great Pictures guys! You've got to love the modified Deagle...
Oh, and Leonidas, is this a Glock, just with every single add-on in the world?!

-------------

Posted By: pekau
Date Posted: 15-Aug-2007 at 23:53
I don't know why, but this particular gun used capture my heart not so long ago.

But since we are going for modern gun, I would like Heckler & Koch USP. It's expensive though Confused

-------------
http://swagbucks.com/refer/Malachi">      

Join us.

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 01:30
H & K G-3 A3. As reliable as the AK, waaaaaaaaaaay more accurate and powerful, with a round that is great for blowing holes in people at ridiculously long ranges, with nary a concern for body armor.

-------------

Posted By: Gundamor
Date Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 02:49

Not sure it falls under modern(also don't know if you meant non crew served) but I fired it enough to consider it modern. Nothing grabs someones attention when this baby is fired.

I was lucky enough to fire quite a few weapons in my time in the U.S. army but I've personally always wanted to fire an FN P90 as I like the different look of it. And I would like to test out the H K 417 for fun too.

-------------
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind"

Date Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 05:59
Here are 2 pictures of a couple of my favs

The MP5

Austeyr

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 06:06

Sparten - the A3 normally has a see through magazine doesn't it?

Gundamor - yes crew served weapons are included, and I agree about the P90, it just looks out of this world!

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 06:09
How do you guys know the names of all these guns, I've heard of a magnum, a colt, an ak47, and a Kalashnicov, but I dont even know what they look like..And aren't some of these guns purpose made for killing people on the streets, like the mp5, saying as its not a hunting weapon, and isn't standard issue on the battlefield, and generally isn't used as a home self-defence weapon..So how can such a weapon be justified as a 'favourite'? Maybe i'm just from a different culture or something...Ermm

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 06:35
Originally posted by Knights

Great Pictures guys! You've got to love the modified Deagle...
Oh, and Leonidas, is this a Glock, just with every single add-on in the world?!

Now i haven't seen a glock done up like that!

that reminds me of a 1970's H&K pistol ( VP70) that can fire a three round burst but only with a stock attached. It was  my fav pistol 15 years ago, looks very cool, read that its crap to shoot.

for compact spray weapons, i think a dedicated sub would be more appropriate. Generally speaking i was H&K fan now lean more steyr, Austrian over German. Specifically the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr_TMP - )

here it is (uploaded)

http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg63-e.htm - Brugger+Thomet MP 9

with the extras

http://www.mp9.ch/ - http://www.mp9.ch/

Date Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 06:37
I can't seem to see a lot of you pictures Leonidas...Unhappy

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 06:48

refresh maybe? i think the site is slow,  i can see them...Disapprove

Date Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 07:00
Originally posted by Dolphin

How do you guys know the names of all these guns, I've heard of a magnum, a colt, an ak47, and a Kalashnicov, but I dont even know what they look like..And aren't some of these guns purpose made for killing people on the streets, like the mp5, saying as its not a hunting weapon, and isn't standard issue on the battlefield, and generally isn't used as a home self-defence weapon..So how can such a weapon be justified as a 'favourite'? Maybe i'm just from a different culture or something...Ermm

This is more like 'boys and their toys', where normally the more powerful and fancy the better, just like cars. Most of these guns are straight out military, some are more spec opps and others are quite 'grey' area or law enforcement. All are wishful thinking for many of us non military or non USA members.

pretty much every gun the three Aussies members have put up in this thread are so illegal in this country we would most probably never see one of these things in the real, let alone fire one.

Date Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 07:09
Very true...

And in reference to the images - it says the page is fully loaded, but no pictures...Unhappy Did you upload them or get them off the net?

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 09:07

Leonidas has pretty much summed it all up for you Dolphin and they are alot like cars, you can see a car on tv or in a magazine or read/hear reviews about them and say "Hey that is a nice car, I like it alot" and yet never actually owned that car or driven one.

And those pictures don't show up for me either Leo...

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 09:28
Ok I get it now I think...Ermm

I'll stick with the cars..Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 10:15

I'm back. Bloody net picturesAngry, they are linked not uploaded

Balaam, Knight its 12 but i will edit in links to the photo's in that post tomorrow.

Date Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 13:09
I hate guns that kill people and that fall into the hands of drug dealers and pims, or that are used to kill the mother in law :)

I preffer more practical guns that control the furious criminals.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 03:38
Tasers are good pinguin except when they are abused by lazy cops who would rather taser someone than get there nicely ironed shirt crinkled by having to restrain someone themselves.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 03:55

Ok I get it now I think...Ermm

I'll stick with the cars..Smile

Why not go for a car with gunsLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 05:34
This is surreal. Jesus, its like comparing favourite knives, or 'how to kill a man in three moves' book.

-------------

Date Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 09:20
Pictures are showing for me now Leonidas and I must say that is quite a nice looking gun that MP 9 is.

-------------

Date Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 09:44
Originally posted by Balaam

Pictures are showing for me now Leonidas and I must say that is quite a nice looking gun that MP 9 is.
great! i'll load up instead of hot link in the future

Posted By: Timbo
Date Posted: 19-Aug-2007 at 11:41

My favorite is the M-14 rifle . Was used in Vietnam and still being used in Iraq ( and perhaps Afganistan ). Relatively heavy , durable and accuate . A fine .308 rifle with a 20 round magazine .

Carried the rifle when I was a youngun' .

Date Posted: 22-Aug-2007 at 15:27

Well dear Dolphin, to be honest I have rose up with all these stuff specially AK-47 and Makarov and even have one of each back home (Afghanistan) and you just can't say that these are illigal over here as everyone has the right to protect himself, so in order to survive and protect yourself, you will have to have one otherwise you are an alien... lol

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Aug-2007 at 15:37
And you must have gone on a hunt in all your time here.

-------------

Posted By: YohjiArmstrong
Date Posted: 22-Aug-2007 at 20:29
I don't like guns. If I had to say one it would be the Lee-Enfield because of its craftsmanship. They aren't modern but the guns at the Wallace Collection London are beautiful pieces of art.

Posted By: ulrich von hutten
Date Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 02:02
Sometimes, guys, sometimes i asked myself, who are my fellow men and what is on their minds.

Born and grew up in a country, where the possesion of guns is strictly controled, i'm getting nervous of kids, even in the internet, talking about their favourite guns.

But knowing from my experience, that most of them will sh*t a brick, if it's getting serious and i'm glad about that.

Folks, favourite gun ?
At my opinion it's necessary that you all should use your favourite brain,first, if there's one.

Are you fascinated of the hideous wounds this weapons will cause, or is it the feeling of the power ?

-------------

http://imageshack.us">

Posted By: Timbo
Date Posted: 24-Aug-2007 at 14:55

Of course I am very fond of the M-1 Garand was well . Haven't fired one in years but it was an accurate rascal .

Date Posted: 27-Aug-2007 at 13:11
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

Sometimes, guys, sometimes i asked myself, who are my fellow men and what is on their minds.

Born and grew up in a country, where the possesion of guns is strictly controled, i'm getting nervous of kids, even in the internet, talking about their favourite guns.

But knowing from my experience, that most of them will sh*t a brick, if it's getting serious and i'm glad about that.

Folks, favourite gun ?
At my opinion it's necessary that you all should use your favourite brain,first, if there's one.

Are you fascinated of the hideous wounds this weapons will cause, or is it the feeling of the power ?

You are absulotly right, I mean we do say that I like this and that but we really don't know that how bad it could be once fired...

That reminds me of a quotation of Albius Tibullus, where he says;
"Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made!"

-------------

Posted By: YohjiArmstrong
Date Posted: 02-Sep-2007 at 16:07
Definately a difference between wanting a gun and using it in anger. I doubt I know what I'd do if I had to fire it in anger until I was there.

Date Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 01:16
Staplers. It's durability, cost, availability, weight even puts AK models to shame. What's more, it's the only assault gun that can fit into your pockets.

-------------

Join us.

Posted By: SuN.
Date Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 05:36
I have never held a gun in my life. Did'nt even get the chance to touch one. I will buy some gun someday when I have enough useless money. 

Date Posted: 30-Oct-2007 at 06:34
Originally posted by pekau

Staplers. It's durability, cost, availability, weight even puts AK models to shame. What's more, it's the only assault gun that can fit into your pockets.

Well the AK's still have the 200+ meter range to do a killing blow compared to a staplers 2mmBig%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: 01-Nov-2007 at 01:55
Originally posted by Balaam

Originally posted by pekau

Well the AK's still have the 200+ meter range to do a killing blow compared to a staplers 2mmBig%20smile

You clearly haven't seen my staplers...Wink

-------------

Join us.

Posted By: Don Quixote
Date Posted: 03-May-2012 at 00:12
Magnum 357, long barrel
http://digitaljournal.com/img/4/1/6/0/1/5/i/3/9/3/o/Ruger_1.jpg

-------------

Posted By: Centrix Vigilis
Date Posted: 03-May-2012 at 01:12
tis a fine piece.... if ya keep it in good repair and clean...Winkdraw backs on revolvers is not necessarily their basic load capability tho that's a consideration in why they been fazed out in modern armies....but their initial sites and firing pin replacements over heavy usage...usually around 4-6 months.

the usual historic excuse was small rate of fire and range to an lesser extent. But that then gets into the development and arguments of usage intent and efficient marksmanship training to incur first round injury/fatality hit or 'knockdown' capability.

But pound fer pound when it comes to pistols....the legendary M1911A1 semi-automatic led the way for 75 years..even given the aforementioned caveats. I can almost say that every production model similar in design, of whatever caliber, is due to and because of it's durability and simplistic maintenance and outstanding knockdown. Accuracy, in usage, hence effect will always remain a matter of repetitive practice...period.

On the other note... any decent pump/automatic 12 gauge shot gun is the superior weapon of home defense.

When shooting for sport hunting, where accuracy is a premier consideration, then the preferred route is the M1903 Springfield and or variants and the son of the same.... the M14 series. Because even without a scope; they have a solid sight system, ease of maintenance and extremely low jam rate coupled to an entirely adequate round capacity.

-------------
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Posted By: ds_baker
Date Posted: 25-Jun-2012 at 11:53
The Winchester 1897 Trench Gun aka The Mk1917 12 ga. with its 18" Bayonet.  Along with the M1911.45 ACP Semi-Automatic. Both weapons have reliability and durability down in spades. What they lack in magazine capacity is completely made up for by the tea cup and dinner plate sized holes they can inflict on a body. (Besides IMHO-If you need more than seven rounds to hit your target, you need to go back to the range and spend some time practicing.) It is not the number of bullets you throw at a target that counts.-It is hitting the target in the first place. 

I just realized, I basically parroted most of what CV posted above. :-)

-------------
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
-Marcus Aurelius

Posted By: Nick1986
Date Posted: 25-Jun-2012 at 12:00

Modern guns are hard to get in the UK, but the Webley .38 looks cool

-------------
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!

Date Posted: 25-Jun-2012 at 12:13
Modern guns are hard to get in the UK, but the Webley .38 looks cool

Well it helped build and keep an Empire going. But they made it in a .45 caliber too.

-------------
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
-Marcus Aurelius

Date Posted: 25-Jun-2012 at 19:10
That's right Dave: the .455 Enfield (above the Webley pictured)

-------------

Date Posted: 25-Jun-2012 at 20:19
My Grandfather fought in WWI. He married late, late in life and lived to be a ripe old age of 94. One of his souvenirs was a Webley or maybe it was an Enfield chambered in the .455 Cal. He also brought back the most amazing collection of decorative brass shell casings from a French 75 mm howitzer battery. How he came to these items is beyond me. He did however say, "This pistol makes for one helluva head basher if you run out of bullets!" & "Konked many a Hun on the head with this little item!" 

-------------
-Marcus Aurelius

Date Posted: 26-Jun-2012 at 12:42
Shoot a Kraut with a .455 and he won't be getting up again as the ammo was designed to bring down charging tribesmen like the Zulus and Dervishes. Have you still got that pistol Dave?

-------------

Date Posted: 26-Jun-2012 at 13:58
Originally posted by Nick1986

Shoot a Kraut with a .455 and he won't be getting up again as the ammo was designed to bring down charging tribesmen like the Zulus and Dervishes. Have you still got that pistol Dave?

Nick sadly I don't have it. It is in the possession of my Uncle.

-------------
-Marcus Aurelius

Posted By: Cryptic
Date Posted: 26-Jun-2012 at 16:00
Mine is the iconic, universal and world renown AK-47.  20 million (+) satisfied users cannot be wrong. 

People may criticize the AK-47's accuracy. Sure, it cannot drive tacks, but in most infantry situations, the targets are with in the AKs range. In addition, most people do not have the ability to exceed the AK's inherent mechanical accuracy when they are under combat stress. 

Date Posted: 27-Jun-2012 at 03:19
Honestly I am a big fan of American arms. That being said, I really like the Russian not the Chinese version of the SKS, especially those that have been modified to accept the AK-47 magazine. I don't know if it is a longer barrel with more lands or what, but I found the SKS to be a smoother action and much more accurate.

-------------
-Marcus Aurelius

Posted By: Cryptic
Date Posted: 28-Jun-2012 at 21:07
Originally posted by ds_baker

Honestly I am a big fan of American arms.

My favorite U.S. weapon is the Thompson sub machine gun.  It would have been used alot more in WWII had it not been so expensive to produce.  Unlike Sten and "grease guns", Thompsons could not be mass produced (stamped parts etc) by unskilled workers. Instead, they required precision lathe work and milling by experienced machinists.

As for SKS's, I would not doubt that Soviet ones have over all better build quality.  THough I have never fired an AK-47, I have read that Rumanian produced ones are so poorly manufactured that  the Yugoslavs prefered WWII surplus to Rumanian AK-47s.  

Posted By: Centrix Vigilis
Date Posted: 29-Jun-2012 at 12:54
Tis an excellent and highly durable piece...easy maint and good rof. Shot many of them to include Russian, Chinese and Czech. Not worth a shit after 300m but an excellent piece.

Back to work.

-------------
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Date Posted: 01-Jul-2012 at 19:06

Striker

-------------

Date Posted: 04-Jul-2012 at 20:12

Uzi machine pistol

-------------

Date Posted: 07-Aug-2012 at 19:18

Say hello to my leetle friend!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com