Print Page | Close Window

no such thing is a aryan race?

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: General History
Forum Name: General World History
Forum Discription: All aspects of world history, especially topics that span across many regions or periods
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21233
Printed Date: 19-Apr-2024 at 23:42
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: no such thing is a aryan race?
Posted By: dubai
Subject: no such thing is a aryan race?
Date Posted: 14-Aug-2007 at 21:34
seriously to this day nobody has proved it 100% that there was such thing as a aryan race, there are aryan languages no doubt but no convincing proof of a aryan race. I think the indian hypothesis that aryan means a "noble" person makes the most sense. I beleive different phyiscal features and skin colour between caucasians are a result of different enviroment and plus anything from eating different foods (for example indians were eating more vegetables and iranians might be eating more meat).  

Replies:
Posted By: Lmprs
Date Posted: 14-Aug-2007 at 21:57
Actually there is no such thing as race, never mind Nazi crap.

-------------

Date Posted: 14-Aug-2007 at 22:30
^ well there is a clear difference between african and european people and also the chinese people are different, Thier skull structures are different i guess they are different enough to be called seperate races. i think there are no more then 3 or 4 different races in the world. But all caucaisan people are one i think from Europe all the way to india, they just come in different colours and sizes but their skull structures are the same.

Date Posted: 14-Aug-2007 at 22:53
Originally posted by dubai

well there is a clear difference between african and european people and also the chinese people are different

They just look different. A Japanese and a Swedish may have more in common genetically than two Africans who look like each other.

Thier skull structures are different i guess they are different enough to be called seperate races.

That's so 1930s and has no scientific basis at all.

i think there are no more then 3 or 4 different races in the world.

I don't know about other species, but I can tell you that there is no racial division among human beings.

-------------

Posted By: Kamikaze 738
Date Posted: 14-Aug-2007 at 23:42
Theres racial classification but scientifically there is no racial differences between human beings.

Date Posted: 14-Aug-2007 at 23:48
actually what is the exact defination of a race first of all? i meant to say was that african people and caucasian people look very different, also east asian people look very different.

Posted By: Joinville
Date Posted: 15-Aug-2007 at 07:46
There never was an exact definition of race. There never even was a working provisional one that was consensually agreed upon by most scientists. The concept of "race" has been one never-ending argument since it was proposed in the 18th c.

It's a big part of why most modern physical anthropologists and human biologists shun the word like the plague. It's not just poisoned by politics and history, from a biological point of view it never really held up to scrutiny either.

-------------
One must not insult the future.

Posted By: Aster Thrax Eupator
Date Posted: 15-Aug-2007 at 23:16
Its an old theory, which is old rubbish and is a piece of old historiology. I don't get why people are still speaking about this "Aryan" rubbish.

-------------

Date Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 00:56
the only people in this world who consider aryan a race are Iranian people, thats why thier so nationalistic about the term "aryan"
Indians on the other hand dont beleive in aryan as a race, aryan means "noble" in indian culture not a race.

Posted By: Kamikaze 738
Date Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 07:13

i meant to say was that african people and caucasian people look very different, also east asian people look very different.

I think you are talking about racial classification based on physical looks and appearance to the common person... if thats what you are asking then yes, theres racial classification but if talking scienctifically, like Feanor said a Japanese and Swedish person may have more in common than two African that looks alike. Theres no genetic difference that are in us.

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 16:35
There were a Germanic race and a Mediterranean race, among others, in the history of Europe. They were "races" in the sense theirs origins can be traced to small, genetically isolated tribes.

I doubt there is any tribe, though, that can be defined as the original aryan race of the legends.

Pinguin

-------------

Posted By: omshanti
Date Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 20:30
Care must be taken not to confuse the conjectural German or western conception that designates the proto-Indo-Europeans with the borrowed name Aryan, which was developed in the 19th century and abused by the Nazis, with the millennia old original usage(s) of Aryan by the Indo-Iranians.   

In Iran, Aryan had always had a racial/ethnic connotation to it. Whether this traditional connotation in Iran is approved or disapproved by the modern western society is a different matter.

Posted By: Seko
Date Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 20:58

One must go to Tibet in search of the Aryan missing link. Looks like Nazi Bruno Beger already did that by examining the locals' skulls. Conclusion: Tibetans were the buffer race between Mongolian and European. Great way to become a full fledged Thule Society card carrying member.

On the other hand Indo-Iranians claimed to be an Aryan people. Leave it the 19'th century wizards to conjure up Aryan race for most northern european speakers though.

-------------

Posted By: Jugernot
Date Posted: 16-Aug-2007 at 22:11
Originally posted by Aster Thrax Eupator

Its an old theory, which is old rubbish and is a piece of old historiology. I don't get why people are still speaking about this "Aryan" rubbish.

co-sign

Date Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 02:09

Yes, there are races. And yes they are different, the same way as left and right handers are different, (and please nobody tell me diff about the latter since I am a lefty and we are the most discriminated group on earth). Not to say that one is better or worse, but to deny the existance of racial classifications is frankly inane. As for the claim about genetic similarity or difference, well that a moot point, 97% of our DNA is junk.

Skin/eye/hair color does not make a difference, though they are almost exclusivly found amongst caucasoids.

-------------

Posted By: Surmount
Date Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 02:14
The whole Aryan race thing was just a racial pride system of brainwashing. 

Posted By: Surmount
Date Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 02:15
No thats not true. Everyone in the world is related to three racial groups

The Negroid

The Asiatic and the Caucasoids.

Date Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 02:35
^ i agree with the above, only those three could classified as different races

Date Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 03:39
Originally posted by Surmount

The Negroid

No, that's completely incorrect.

-------------

Posted By: Cyrus Shahmiri
Date Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 10:15
Persian kings called themselves "a Persian , son of a Persian, an Aryan, having Aryan lineage."

-------------

Posted By: Rakasnumberone
Date Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 14:05
Originally posted by Feanor

Originally posted by Surmount

The Negroid

No, that's completely incorrect.

Agreed. What we perceive of as being racial characteristics are nothing more than climactic adaptations. as you movee from one zone to the other, what you see is a gradual blending from one physical type into another. This can be clearly seen as one moves from soth to north in Africa or East to West from Asia into Europe. No where do we ever see a sharp deliniation between groups.

What we see as differences is no more than the body displaying the capacity for adatability which has ensured our successfull developement as a species all over the globe.

The term race denotes separate species. We do not belong to separate species, but one. If we did, mating across color lines would be impossible.

Date Posted: 17-Aug-2007 at 14:49

Race doesn't mean separate species. Bulldogs and German Sheppards belong to the same species: dogs. Dutch and Indian cows are in the same situation: different races same species.

Races are just subgroups of humans that share some phenotypical similarity inherited genetically. Up to not long ago, people of the different locations on the planet only married with theirs kind. That's why they developed with time a similar aspect.

That's all.

Pinguin

-------------

Posted By: gcle2003
Date Posted: 18-Aug-2007 at 06:21
Pinguin is right. It would be silly to deny that families share genetic characteristics: the whole science of DNA classification depends on it. And families intermarry among local families - especially until the arrival of modern transportation.

So you get genetically distinct families, clans, tribes, races, simply arising from the difficulty of moving from one place to another. In Africa, with the considerable physical barriers to inter-group mixing, and the much longer history of human occupation, you of course get far more differences between groups than you do in the rest of the world. So there are more different races in Africa than outside it.

To talk about there being three basic races, caucasoid, negroid and mongoloid is of course outdated nonsense on a par with believing in a flat earth.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com