Forum Discription: Discussion of Unorthodox Historical Theories & Approaches
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1782
Printed Date: 25-Apr-2024 at 17:07
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: World War 3
Posted By: Guests
Subject: World War 3
Date Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 16:01

I know this isn't strictly history but all wars have their roots in the past and my question is Where do you see the next world war emerging? who will fight it? why will it be fought?

Replies:
Posted By: Genghis
Date Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 16:16
I could see a world war between a rising China and America, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, perhaps even India or Russia as the Chinese try to become more assertive in Eastern Asia.  This of course would occur after a 10 or so year arms race, and I wouldn't be surprised if war with China becomes the main US strategic planning concern.

-------------
Member of IAEA

Posted By: Gubook Janggoon
Date Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 16:33
With India would bring Pakistan into the mix.  How would the EU react?

-------------

Posted By: Christscrusader
Date Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 19:15
ThE E.U. and America would be able to stop any military threat from China.

-------------
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc

Date Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 20:40

The EU probably wouldn't do anything as a whole, their leadership doesn't have that type of power.  Countries like the UK would probably join, but I don't think all of Europe would or wouldn't.  I wouldn't be surprised if cracks in the EU are showing by then. 

Russia might become a US ally against China, which might make some Europeans feel squeezed, and thus ally them politically with China.  Others might feel that they need to remain neutral or benevolent to the US-Russian alliance on both their flanks.

Pakistan is a traditional Chinese ally, so I think they would either join China and get overwhelmed by American-Indo forces early on or remain neutral.  They could use nukes, but it would suicidal, and the American air force would probably attain air dominance early on, making nuclear delivery almost impossible.

-------------
Member of IAEA

Posted By: J.M.Finegold
Date Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 22:11
Heh.... let's see... Russia, China, the United States, India and Pakista... *cough* adios, see you all in heaven.... *lots of red buttons and booms*

-------------

Date Posted: 08-Jan-2005 at 22:12
Originally posted by Genghis

Pakistan is a traditional Chinese ally, so I think they would either join China and get overwhelmed by American-Indo forces early on or remain neutral.  They could use nukes, but it would suicidal, and the American air force would probably attain air dominance early on, making nuclear delivery almost impossible.

Heh, the only aircraft that the United States has right not to stop a nuclear delivery in the form of a missile coming out of a fortified bunker/silo is the new reconaissance aircraft with the laser the size of a basketball, and we still haven't been able to figure out how to have it so the laser can stay for a long enough time before burning the channeler.

-------------

Date Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 09:25

Well,  unless I am tragically mistaken,  we are still a step above the rest of the world.  I would just say ten years till there is a simple defense system up.

Unless we get a real idiot leading us soon of course

-------------

Posted By: Temujin
Date Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 13:29
you already have...

-------------

Posted By: TheOrcRemix
Date Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 16:54

-------------
True peace is not the absence of tension, but the presence of justice.
Sir Francis Drake is the REAL Pirate of the Caribbean

Posted By: dark_one
Date Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 18:43
 I'm prettys ure that Russia would try to stay out of it.

Date Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 20:19
I think America and Russia need an alliance against China.  An oil-hungry China will certainly cast eyes on the rich sea of oil in Siberia.

-------------
Member of IAEA

Posted By: Vamun Tianshu
Date Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 21:16

"you already have..."

Thats true...

-------------

In Honor

Posted By: pytheas
Date Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 22:17
Most politicians are idiots, no matter what country they lead...It doesn't matter which one pushes the button first, since they'd all eventually do it for one reason or another....

-------------
Truth is a variant based upon perception. Ignorance is derived from a lack of insight into others' perspectives.

Date Posted: 18-Jan-2005 at 23:28

Originally posted by dark_one

I'm prettys ure that Russia would try to stay out of it.

You probably know more than me on this, but since Russia shares two(?) boarders with China I'd think they'd feel a bit threatened, protecting themselves from a (probably) land/power hungry China. Also I *think the two would probably want the title of the most powerful country in Asia (although that probably goes to China)

-------------

Posted By: Liang Jieming
Date Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 00:43
I think a more likely senario for WW3 is a religious war more like the crusades, ie. sporadically spread over decades.  It won't be in the traditional WW1 (european civilwar) form or the WW2 huge armies battling for land form but instead be scattered and therefore unpredictable localised actions between one side or the other, but fought throughout the world, in the hearts of cities, at beach resorts, at the volatile borders, at sea, at centre of commerce, at transportation hubs... no wait, isn't that happening already?

The fundamentalist islamic world has already declared war on the west.  They struck the first blow and the western coalitions have struck back.  Each strike has only served to harden resolve, spawning yet another generation born in the crucibles of war, terror and hatred.  Change has already occurred.  The America of today is not the America of yesterday.  The muslim youths of yesterday, angered by what they perceive as unjust western bullying have changed too. 

Unless something radical is done to halt this, it will grow and the war will spread.  The current lull to some is seen as a vindication of western military might.  While that maybe true in the short term, the fundamentalist with god on his side knows no time limit... and he gathers his forces, conserving his strength, plotting his plans.  Many in the west do not realise the scope of the war that is and has been building for the past decade.  Many don't even know there is a war on.  But the other side knows.  They whisper it amongst themselves.  They speak of stopping the further spread of Christiandom.  They see the unjust encroachment into their heartlands.  They see a world of infidels.  And there is where the problem lies.  When either side can see no compromise.  It is one or the other.  There is no we.  Everyone else who isn't with us are agents of the devil.  Christians proclaim the second coming.  The muslim see their faith threatened.  It is here.  Now.  Unless we nip it at the bud with a good dose of rationality on both sides, we will one day awake to the clouds of war in our cities, in our streets and in our beloved homes.

That is the scenario I see for the next World War.  That it hasn't happened in full bloom yet is testimony to the people who still remain sane, tolerant, rational and vigilant.  But the lines have been drawn.  Both sides are becoming increasingly radical.  Only time will tell.

Posted By: Praetorian
Date Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 15:53

Hop do's not hapen (WW3)

Too much people will die and a great wonders or ruins will be destroyed.

History is a story of humanity, so if history dies so will humanity.

Date Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 16:31

But the terrace are not just fighting people in the West there fighting people in the Far East too and in the Middle East (the Iraqi police, the Turkish, the Israelites).

Them saying that the they declare war on the West is just to gain support, what they’re saying is very bias or not correct at all.

Date Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 16:49

Originally posted by Christscrusader

ThE E.U. and America would be able to stop any military threat from China.

I think is very true, just US or the EU by itself can.

The reason I say this because the US is the number one power in earth and the EU is becoming stronger and more united every year.

And China does not have a good Air Force or big enough Air Force, so that saying, the US or EU can bombarded the country (list just hope the war does not happen period because like I said in my earlier post).

Date Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 17:00

Originally posted by Liang Jieming

other side knows.  They whisper it amongst themselves.  They speak of stopping the further spread of Christiandom.  They see the unjust encroachment into their heartlands.  They see a world of infidels. 

Does this guy know something that we don't?

-------------
-Jc

Date Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 20:09

He is studying the enemy, but this new enemy were facing is lucky that were not the Romans because the Romans would wipe them all out.

(that’s if they were still around)

(just compare the Romans time to the modern-day, please don’t take it the wrong way).

Date Posted: 19-Jan-2005 at 22:02
I happen to live in a region with a muslim majority.  Half my friends are muslims.  The anger is real.  That there are still muslim moderates is partly why it remains under control.  But the radicalisation of the muslim youths is already evident.  And it gets worse.  Muslims friends can jokingly tell you how everyone who isn't muslim is an infidel and if it came to war, he'll kill for his faith.  I don't particularly find that funny.

The average westerner doesn't understand islam and doesn't see the need to do so.  The average muslim doesn't understand the west and refuses to do so.  Dangerous mix.

Boths sides have stopped trying to accomodate the other, or maybe they never did if you compare the history of Christian vs. Muslim.  Many in the west have grown arrogant and deluded in a self-righteousness superiourity complex.  The Muslims have grown radically fundamental in outlook and see only a polar world of them vs. everyone else (not just Christians)

But taking a step back.  Just look at the array of countries with muslim majorities vs. countries with christian majorities.  While christians sit smugly on the largest swaths of land and tell everyone how much better they are or how righteous they are, muslims too are not far behind in land area and populations.  They too talk like you do.  They too believe that they are the righteous.  Like many westerners, they can only see the other side in stereotypes and are convinced of only their point of view... and they are more prepared to kill and die for it.

Compare world maps over the last two decades.  Islam has been expanding.  At it's best, Islam is as peaceful as you and I.  It is charitable, loving and forgiving.  At it's worse, they can be as radical as Christians on crusade.  This is made all the more true since boths sides view the other as the "infidel" or agents of the devil.

No other "cause" can incite a larger scale conflict than religious intolerance or the related racial intolerance. The 1st World War wasn't so much a World War as a Europe-wide war of the kind fought by Napoleon. But the 2nd World War was. Racial (with religious undertones) purity drove much of German, Italian and Japanese desires for expansion. Germans to create living space for the Master Race, Italians to regain the glory of Rome and starting by freeing Ethopia from the Muslims, Japanese to dominate the lesser asian races.

Sigh. Can't we just live our lives the way we want to and get along? The world is sadly, increasingly intolerant of others, and we are all to be blamed for it, Eastern, Middle eastern or Western.  We have in my city, an old muslim mosque built right next to an old hindu temple just down the road from an ancient buddhist shrine.  It is not unusual to see pairings like this, a mosque with a chinese temple.  A chinese temple with a hindu temple, a hindu temple with a mosque.  Our forefathers could manage it.  Why can't we?

Pakistan-India (Islam-Hindu)
Israel-Arabic States (Judaism-Islam)
Indonesia-East Timur (Islam-Christianity)
Gulf States-Iran (Sunni Islam-sh*te Islam)
Al-kaida-US (Islam-NonIslam)
Southern Thailand (Islam-Buddhism)
Algeria (Islam-Christianity)
Southern Philippines (Islam-Christianity)
Jaffna Peninsula (Hindu-Buddhism)
Northern India (Khalistan) (Sikh-Hindu)
Xinjiang (Islam-NonIslam)
Aceh (Extreme Islam-Moderate Islam)
Northern Ireland (Protestant Christianity-Catholic Christianity)
Bosnia (Islam-Christianity)
Chechnya (Islam-Christianity)
Armenia (Islam-Christianity)

Jieming
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DragonSeedLegacy

Date Posted: 20-Jan-2005 at 14:59

You cannot compare the West to the Muslim world. Population prehaps, but look at the wealth. Most Islamic nations are poor compared to western standards. Why do Islamic Terrorists justify killing innocent civilians as an act of good. I don't see in ANY religion that should be justifyed, and maybe if they can break out of there Islamic run governments and get a spread of ideas, they can see it too.

-------------
-Jc

Date Posted: 20-Jan-2005 at 16:43

Originally posted by Liang Jieming

I happen to live in a region with a muslim majority.  Half my friends are muslims.  The anger is real.  That there are still muslim moderates is partly why it remains under control.  But the radicalisation of the muslim youths is already evident.  And it gets worse.  Muslims friends can jokingly tell you how everyone who isn't muslim is an infidel and if it came to war, he'll kill for his faith.  I don't particularly find that funny.

The average westerner doesn't understand islam and doesn't see the need to do so.  The average muslim doesn't understand the west and refuses to do so.  Dangerous mix.

Boths sides have stopped trying to accomodate the other, or maybe they never did if you compare the history of Christian vs. Muslim.  Many in the west have grown arrogant and deluded in a self-righteousness superiourity complex.  The Muslims have grown radically fundamental in outlook and see only a polar world of them vs. everyone else (not just Christians)

But taking a step back.  Just look at the array of countries with muslim majorities vs. countries with christian majorities.  While christians sit smugly on the largest swaths of land and tell everyone how much better they are or how righteous they are, muslims too are not far behind in land area and populations.  They too talk like you do.  They too believe that they are the righteous.  Like many westerners, they can only see the other side in stereotypes and are convinced of only their point of view... and they are more prepared to kill and die for it.

Compare world maps over the last two decades.  Islam has been expanding.  At it's best, Islam is as peaceful as you and I.  It is charitable, loving and forgiving.  At it's worse, they can be as radical as Christians on crusade.  This is made all the more true since boths sides view the other as the "infidel" or agents of the devil.

No other "cause" can incite a larger scale conflict than religious intolerance or the related racial intolerance. The 1st World War wasn't so much a World War as a Europe-wide war of the kind fought by Napoleon. But the 2nd World War was. Racial (with religious undertones) purity drove much of German, Italian and Japanese desires for expansion. Germans to create living space for the Master Race, Italians to regain the glory of Rome and starting by freeing Ethopia from the Muslims, Japanese to dominate the lesser asian races.

Sigh. Can't we just live our lives the way we want to and get along? The world is sadly, increasingly intolerant of others, and we are all to be blamed for it, Eastern, Middle eastern or Western.  We have in my city, an old muslim mosque built right next to an old hindu temple just down the road from an ancient buddhist shrine.  It is not unusual to see pairings like this, a mosque with a chinese temple.  A chinese temple with a hindu temple, a hindu temple with a mosque.  Our forefathers could manage it.  Why can't we?

Jieming

“Can't we just live our lives the way we want to and get along?”

Do not really know but I can tell you this, War has to do more than just to fight, people fight for better life, and governments fight for resource and power.

And I do not like anarchy, we still need some order in our lives, if no order it’ll be pure chaos.

people will not just stop fighting just because, there are reasons good or bad to fight or ideals, so saying that, this is why some people believe in peace through power.

Date Posted: 20-Jan-2005 at 17:50
Originally posted by Demosthenes

Well,  unless I am tragically mistaken,  we are still a step above the rest of the world.  I would just say ten years till there is a simple defense system up.

Unless we get a real idiot leading us soon of course

Russian anti-shipping missiles are one step ahead of us - our power lies within our newly designed F-22s and F-117s, as well as our better training, experience, and armor - we also have strength in submarines.

However, the Russians have strenghts in missiles, and just not caring how many die, as long as the job gets done.

-------------

Date Posted: 22-Jan-2005 at 03:09
Originally posted by Christscrusader

You cannot compare the West to the Muslim world. Population prehaps, but look at the wealth. Most Islamic nations are poor compared to western standards. Why do Islamic Terrorists justify killing innocent civilians as an act of good. I don't see in ANY religion that should be justifyed, and maybe if they can break out of there Islamic run governments and get a spread of ideas, they can see it too.

Precisely.  You've just supplied one of the reasons why to your question.  Wealth.  Whether this disparity of wealth between the west and the muslim world is justified or not justified is not relevant here.  What is relevant is that the disparity exists.  Whether deserved or not, this creates envy, hatred, and a sense of imbalance, a superiority complex in some, a victimised complex in others.  It makes for a gulf that some in the Islam world now see as sufficient justification for killing.

To you, they are innocent civilians.  To them no one is innocent.  From the military actions in Iraq (and now Iran too), to the corporations who turn a profit to the point of ruthlessness, to the tourist who peered at them down the length of his nose with distaste... whatever.

Everyone knows that happy prosperous people don't wage wars.  But, for various reasons, saying that is easier than making it so in practice.  Many muslim moderates understand this intellectually.  There have been difficult questions asked in the local forums here on why the Islamic world is backward and poor.  It was not always so.  The middle ages was a time when the west was fundamentalist and willing to kill innocent people for their faith, and the Islamic world the free liberal world of wealth and knowledge.

Many seek to address this problem peacefully.  The only problem is whether the fiery youth and fundamentalist radicals would give them the time to address this imbalance.  If recent events are any indication, I'd say that the moderates are running out of time.

All are to be blamed here.  The west for being too smug.  The muslims for not keeping up with the rest of the world and hence falling prey to the sexy call of fundamentalism (the west too is prone to this though because of prosperity, they can afford to be more liberal and free in thinking since they are not under threat), the far east for not caring enough (money is still king in the east, or rather the pursuit of money is).

People should roleplay a little more and put themselves into the other's shoes.  Just look at the threads and replies everywhere on this forum and you'll see what I mean.  A lot of people don't and refuse to understand each other.  It isn't getting better.  It's getting worse.  This has always been the precusor to war... when understanding and accomodation breakdown.

On a more postive note,
Happy Aidiladhar today to all muslims!

Jieming

Date Posted: 01-Feb-2005 at 15:03

Well i see the war starting in Saudi Arabi. It seems inevitable that the corrupt Saudi royal family will be eventually overthrown whether by bin Laden or another is irrelevant. With America so dependent on Saudi oil and the Saudi royal family being so close to America the Americans would have little choice but to step in. The sight of crusader tanks overrunning the holy land would leave muslims understandably upset and the middle eastern anti american and anti israeli tension could be expected to explode. Any middle eastern leader foolish enough to side with the Americans would find himself dead. The Americans presumably would be stubborn and stand their ground but against such radical opposition they would presumably be forced back.

With the Americans pushed out of the holy land the envigorated muslims would push on into israel. After fierce resistance from the israelis and the americans the infidel would be finally expelled from the holy land. Even the IDF believe this war is coming : they are buying up land in Argentina to start anew.

With the Holy Land purged of infidels the Muslim nations would set about founding a new Islamic empire -similar to that preached by al Quida- but internal disputes, civil war and the nuclear fallout from Israels last ditch nuke attack  would stop it emerging as an international player for some time. 

Meanwhile the battered and bruised Americans would stagger back home but there is no rest for the wicked. China will flex its musceles and overrun south east asia and russia east of the Urals. The Europeans would come to russian aid and a stalemate would ensue. The Americans would bravely and confidently march off to sort out the Chinese but still weary and demorilized from their defeat in Israel the overwhelming Chinese numbers would overcome them. At this point  buttons would be pressed. America in a desperate attempt to maintain its dominance would be wild with its nukes. China though crippled would persevere and counter strike though due to delivery limitations it may need to capture Alaska to get in range of America. Post appocalyptic America would descend into choas and would be removed from the equation.

In Europe the continued war would take its toll and racial tensions would presumably build eventually growing into open conflict. As Europe descended into chaos China would claim victory but it would be Phyrric. The destruction of infrastructure and the human cost would leave China unable to enjoy its victory.

Free from European and American interference and relatively unscathed by the war Africa would grow from strength to strength eventually recovering and taking on the islamic empire and india for hedgemony.

You may think this is wild and it probably is but thats my thoughts on the matter.

-------------

Posted By: JasSum
Date Posted: 01-Feb-2005 at 18:08
WW3 ... well its already on, war for resurces. WW4 maybe will be with nukes and the reasons will be the same, and WW5 will be ameba against ameba, the reasons, again the same ..

Posted By: Benceno
Date Posted: 01-Feb-2005 at 18:28
Originally posted by Vercingetorix

Free from European and American interference and relatively unscathed by the war Africa would grow from strength to strength eventually recovering and taking on the islamic empire and india for hedgemony.

You may think this is wild and it probably is but thats my thoughts on the matter.

There is also a continent on the south called South America, we might not be the mightiest, but we are still here. I'd like to see your predictions for us. We will just stay as f**ked up as we already are?

As you very well said, China has a huge "cannon-fodder potential", though I do not think they could withstand a EU, Russia and USA combined attack, if they had been expanding through asia and waging war earlier.

-------------
Hola.

Date Posted: 02-Feb-2005 at 12:31

In responce to Benceno forgive me for neglecting south america . I see South America recovering, again due to the lack of US interference. I also see Mexico exenting its territory to a similar position as it once was. With so many Mexican hispanics in the US particularly the south they may choose to join with mexico. And with the US in so much choas they would be unable to do anything about it.

Also to pre-emt any complaints by oceanians out there i see austraillia generally staying out of it. With China facing heavy oppostion in Russia and from America the South East Asia campaign would be slowed and Austrailia would be out of harms way, It may enter the war on Britiain's behalf though only with troops fighting on the front in russia they would lack the strength to preserve a second front on china's south flank.

-------------

Posted By: Infidel
Date Posted: 02-Feb-2005 at 22:15
I don't know about WW3, but probably WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones again... 

-------------
An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?

Posted By: coolstorm
Date Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 22:31

"And China does not have a good Air Force or big enough Air Force, so that saying, the US or EU can bombarded the country (list just hope the war does not happen period because like I said in my earlier post)."

That's kinda not accurate. China actually has the largest air force in the world even larger than the us in size. but the us got more advanced aircrafts. china got 6000 different types of aircrafts and like 500 advanced air superiority aircrafts namely su-27/j-11, su-33, su-30, j-10. but that's for now. dun forget china is rising and ww3 does not happen today. for more information, visit http://www.sinodefence.com - www.sinodefence.com

no one knows who will be the strongest 30 years from now.

500 yrs ago, china got the most advanced military that was able to kick everyone's ass in technology and size. but things changed. and things do not stop changing.

however, the chinese are not religious and are peace loving people. i don't see why it has to do with china. the only war china will fight is probably the one with taiwan (it's a chinese province under another government). that's not aggression but defence of national territory. also, many chinese are born to hate japanese. i dunno why. 

besides, economically, china will dominate in 50 years. china is starting to build its second magnetic line connecting shanghai to hanzhou (230 km). it will only take 27 mins to ride the whole trip.

china is the only country in the world that has operating magnetic trains. i've been on one and it was fast like crazy. when i was on the train, it went up to (430km/h) and it only took me 8 mins to finish the ride from the city to the airport of shanghai.  i've also been on the hopeless american commuter rail. it was slow, dirty, uncomfortable, and old. no comparison at all.

chinese people are also good at making economic maricles. e.g. Hong Kong, Singapore, Chinese in Indonesia, and Taiwan.

To take Hong Kong as an example, in the 60's the gdp per capita of Hong Kong was only 30 percent of that of Great Britain. in 30 years, its gdp per capital grew from 70 percent less than Britain to 35 percent more than Great Britain. Now Hong Kong's gdp per capital is almost still 35 percent higher than its former mother country of Great Britain. On a per capita basis, it's even higher than Germany and Japan. 

In Indonesia, the two percent of Chinese population controls over 80 percent of wealth in the entire country and the remaing 98 percent of native Indonesians share the remaining 20 percent and that was done under decades of anti-Chinese economic and politcal policies in Indonesia. No wonder there was an anti-Chinese movement in 1997 in Indonesia. 2 percent controls 80 percent of wealth. Only Chinese and Jewish people can do that. 

-------------
���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� �� ï

Date Posted: 06-Feb-2005 at 01:43
Originally posted by Infidel

I don't know about WW3, but probably WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones again... 

Steal that from Einstein? No really.

-------------

Posted By: sinosword
Date Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 13:52
Originally posted by coolstorm

chinese people are also good at making economic maricles. e.g. Hong Kong, Singapore, Chinese in Indonesia, and Taiwan.

To take Hong Kong as an example, in the 60's the gdp per capita of Hong Kong was only 30 percent of that of Great Britain. in 30 years, its gdp per capital grew from 70 percent less than Britain to 35 percent more than Great Britain. Now Hong Kong's gdp per capital is almost still 35 percent higher than its former mother country of Great Britain. On a per capita basis, it's even higher than Germany and Japan. 

In Indonesia, the two percent of Chinese population controls over 80 percent of wealth in the entire country and the remaing 98 percent of native Indonesians share the remaining 20 percent and that was done under decades of anti-Chinese economic and politcal policies in Indonesia. No wonder there was an anti-Chinese movement in 1997 in Indonesia. 2 percent controls 80 percent of wealth. Only Chinese and Jewish people can do that. 

That's ture. But if communist party keep its awful reign in China mainland, Chinese will hardly develop China mainland like they did in HongKong,Singapore and Taiwan.

-------------

Posted By: chaeohk
Date Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 18:11
the us and eu are too dependant on china...without it, their economy would implode and cause huge inflations...  they would run out of goods and manufactering.... but they see china as more of a "slave state" of where they get cheap labor....

i think that the us would not see or would not react with military until it is too late with china, they have nuke too....

Posted By: Infidel
Date Posted: 11-Feb-2005 at 13:48

Originally posted by Dux

Steal that from Einstein? No really.

Yes, he was a brilliant mind...

-------------
An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?

Date Posted: 11-Feb-2005 at 15:08

"but they see china as more of a "slave state" of where they get cheap labor"

i take that as being offensive and insulting. please take it back.

the manufacturing process is moving from the us to mainland china and asia is because of the economic efficient factors. if you've taken macroeconomics, you should know what i'm talking about. there are countries that have cheaper labor than mainland china but they are inefficient in economic output.

maybe because of the fact that you are from a developing country of korea with relatively low living standard, you might not have witnessed the moving of manufacturing process. in hong kong, 90 percent of the factories have moved to mainland china since the 80's because of the more efficient manufacturing process there (more output can be generated with less resources). it's all economics and is nothing about the ignorant comment aossociating with "slave or any trash like that".

any sorta of useless nonsense is just nonsense like the ignorant and uneducated statement you made above.

-------------
���DZj�~�� ��������

Date Posted: 12-Feb-2005 at 21:08

South America's War .

Chile (Chile-Chile)
Mexico (Mexico-Mexico)
Venezuela (Venezuela-Venezuela)
Argentina (Argentina-Argentina)

Posted By: chaeohk
Date Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 10:05

"but they see china as more of a "slave state" of where they get cheap labor"

i take that as being offensive and insulting. please take it back.

the manufacturing process is moving from the us to mainland china and asia is because of the economic efficient factors. if you've taken macroeconomics, you should know what i'm talking about. there are countries that have cheaper labor than mainland china but they are inefficient in economic output.

maybe because of the fact that you are from a developing country of korea with relatively low living standard, you might not have witnessed the moving of manufacturing process. in hong kong, 90 percent of the factories have moved to mainland china since the 80's because of the more efficient manufacturing process there (more output can be generated with less resources). it's all economics and is nothing about the ignorant comment aossociating with "slave or any trash like that".

any sorta of useless nonsense is just nonsense like the ignorant and uneducated statement you made above.

ehhh sorry coolstorm....not meaning to be offensive.... but just stating what most americans in that i know think... china is cool

Date Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 14:33

ehhh sorry coolstorm....not meaning to be offensive.... but just stating what most americans in that i know think... china is cool

most well-educated Americans, however, think otherwise. you are talking about the lower-class American families who have lost their factory jobs and think that it's because of china. economics doesn't work like they think it does. even without china, the outflow of jobs will still continue due to economic efficiency and the high capital cost in the us.

-------------
���DZj�~�� ��������

Posted By: Riain
Date Posted: 13-Feb-2005 at 15:24
WW3 will be when the BRICs start flexing their muscles at the expense of the status quo powers. The problem is the only Brazil has room to do so without impinging on the other BRICs, India, Russia and China occupy the same part of the world and will naturally compete for the same things. Of the Asian powers India has the least obstacles in its way to expansion, Pakistan isn't half the problem Sth Korea, Japan, Tiawan is to Chinese expansion.

Date Posted: 14-Feb-2005 at 22:11

what are BRICs?

taiwan is not a target of chinese expansion but reunification!

-------------
���DZj�~�� ��������

Posted By: Vamun Tianshu
Date Posted: 15-Feb-2005 at 00:39
I believe the Third World War will revolve around.Either Russia or China will become too powerful for their own good,and seek expansion.The United States and its allies will probably declare war on China,and try to stop it.Then the Aliens and Predators will come from Space and wage war on the entire world,destroy it,and enslave every human on the face of this earth for making a mockery of them in their movies!J/k

-------------

In Honor

Posted By: eaglecap
Date Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 01:47
I think the aliens would stop it first and then give us a book titled "To Serve Man"
zone!!

Later!!!

when it is toooooo late!

we will find out it is a cook book- how to serve man!
Twilight

Posted By: Thegeneral
Date Posted: 06-Mar-2005 at 18:20
The next world war will start in the Middle East.  America and our current allies with Lebonon against Russia, Syria, terrorists, and maybe China and/or other oriental countries.  Atleast, according to the Bible Code that's what it will be!

-------------

Date Posted: 08-Mar-2005 at 01:10

the bible code didn't mention about china getting involved but israel.

china doesn't care about religion or the middle east. why would it get involved in some war that basically has nothing to do with it?

china and israel are also very friendly to each other that they trade weapons all the time with the us constantly giving pressure to israel not to sell to china.

china also got its own problems with the muslims in chinese central asia, namely xinjiang or east turkistan (according to the seperatists).

it's almost impossible that china will fight for them.

besides, because of confucianism, china and other east asia oriental countries basically have no terrorism and are even more anti-terrorism than europe and america.

the terrorist bombings in china are all carried out by the muslim minority in chinese central asia.

-------------
���DZj�~�� ��������

Posted By: druidebaron.nl
Date Posted: 09-Mar-2005 at 10:35
Originally posted by Thegeneral

The next world war will start in the Middle East.  America and our current allies with Lebonon against Russia, Syria, terrorists, and maybe China and/or other oriental countries.  Atleast, according to the Bible Code that's what it will be!

Yeah, and Herman Melville predicted the death of Princess Diana: "An ANU computer expert has challenged a claim that the Bible contains a secret code which predicted the death of Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and important Jewish scholars through history. The claim was made in The Bible Code — a best-selling book that has
been translated into eight languages. After the book’s findings were criticised by experts, its author, Michael Drosnin, challenged critics to use the same methods to find simi-lar “predictions” in the Herman Melville novel, Moby Dick. Professor Brendan McKay, of the Department of Computer Science in the Faculty of Engineering and In-formation Technology, analysed Moby Dick, and found the novel could be interpreted to have “predicted” the assassinations of John F. Kennedy, Leon Trotsky, and the Reverend Martin Luther King, as well as the death of Princess Diana."

Date Posted: 09-Mar-2005 at 15:23
Actually, many oriental countries have a lot of terrorism.  Most of it from cults.

-------------

Posted By: Anujkhamar
Date Posted: 10-Mar-2005 at 12:40

what are BRICs?

taiwan is not a target of chinese expansion but reunification!

the collective name given to Brazil, India Russia and China

Date Posted: 10-Mar-2005 at 17:33

Actually, many oriental countries have a lot of terrorism.  Most of it from cults.

depends on how you define oriental. if it's chinese/korean/japanese, no because of confucianism. north korea doesn't count because their culture is no longer confucian but about their leader.

there were more murders in los angeles (three per days) last year than the entire east asia.

if you are talking about pakistan, afganistan and those muslims countries yes.

chinese culture focuses on the family, older people, respect, and the obligation to obey.

i can gaurantee that terrorism in the us and europe is a far bigger problem than it is in east asia. not only terorism on a large scale but on an average basis, western people are more violent than east asian people.

asian people are taught to be humble and respectful to others at least on the surface. they are taught to obey and not be self centered. it's the other way around for western people.

for muslims, it's just all killing.

no offense but the majority east asians tend to use their brains to solve problems. they are also less physically able on an average and relative basis.

-------------
���DZj�~�� ��������

Date Posted: 10-Mar-2005 at 19:02

Oh I have to disagree that eastern Asians are more peaceful.  They may have less terrorism than the west but that is because most of the terrorists that attack the west are from Asia or the Middle East.

As for terrorism in east Asia, I believe there was an attack a few years ago committed by cultists in a subway train.  They released deadly gases in the trains at the same time.  Along with that attack that same cult committed many murders.  Unfortunatly I forget the name of the cult and the date of that attack.

And as for westerners being more violent I must also disagree.  I'll bring up the point of what the Japanese did during WWII to many prisoners and civilians.  Not only was their treatment of prisoners horrible but their treatment of civlians was just as cruel.  Then they claim they did it in the name of the Emperor and their country.

This is just my opinion though so nobody get their pants up in a bunch.

-------------

Posted By: Turk
Date Posted: 10-Mar-2005 at 19:05

no offense but the majority east asians tend to use their brains to solve problems.

Not in your case.

-------------

Date Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 00:20

[/QUOTE] most of the terrorists that attack the west are from Asia or the Middle East

<

not from east asia.

it's ignorant to consider the entire asia as one object because it's just too big.

middle eastern cultures have more similiarities with the west than with east asia.

east asia is only consisted of china/korea/japan

and that's it.

and please don't connect us with india, pakistan, middle east, indonesia etc...

we are more different from them than you are.

can you explain why the number of murders in california alone is higher than the entire east asia (greater china/japan/korea)?

-------------
���DZj�~�� ��������

Posted By: The Golden Phallanx
Date Posted: 24-Mar-2005 at 23:36

That is easily enough explained. Americans believe that by carrying weapons they can defend themselves. That concept sounds logical, but in any lawful country, there should be no necessity to defend yourself in that manner, since if there are no weapons to reckless civilians, one needs no weapons to defend oneself.

Back to the w.w.3 topic, I believe we must look at this through the perspective of having seen what has already occured in history. At one time, the United States of America where a completly unconcerned country in the affairs of Europe. This was crucial to defend their name, where political persucation would not occur, the land of the free. In this 19th century, Europe was the axle of might, and America was not concerned with it, only perssuing the "freedom" of the americas.

Following the world wars, America has commited itself in every aspect of this earth during the cold war. Look at the coutnry now, they are everywhere. And for the time being, China remains dormant. They're time will come I assure you all that.

Now there are those who will argu that America is more technologically advanced than china, that china could never rival the U.S. Alright guys, I dunno how well you all understand the tendancies of capitalism, but the main element in it is competition. It has come to the point where the rich are reaping wealth to the point where the western culture is loosing it's middle class. In the 1960s, the richest ppl in america we're only roughly 39 times richer than an average citizen. Presently, I'm not sure if the ratio can be measured in the thousands. The basic idea here being is the rich are getting much much richer seeing how they control the economy, the poor are getting much much poorer, and the middle class slowly getting poorer too, why? Because western jobs are moving to east asia for cheaper labour. Now if we look at western history, industry built this place, yet our companies are leaving. We claim to be the most advanced, ...but our companies are leaving, and with them our jobs, our wealth, and eventually OUR TECHNOLOGY. It is only a matter of time before unemployement has risin to the point where there will be two classes, those who can still manage to keep up to society, and those who have fallen below. Interesting, this sounds a bit like the formation of the nobility centuries ago. And despite this tendancy, the general public, the middle class, is completly oblivious to this affect and is bombarded with advertisement to become the rich. People don't seem to care, and while this effect takes palce, it is gradual, so there will be no apparent alarms.

How much longer our middle class can survive I do not know. jobs such as services will fade as well as the base of our society leaves, which is the industry. Who will be left? WEll the rich of course, and guess where they are now? In foreign countries like china profiting off of cheap labour. Western industry cannot do competition with china any longer. It has come to that point. Inflation rises, university tuition fees rise, (and notice as ppl cannot pay for education eventually(university), only the rich will be able to educate themselves, and thus occupy the high administrtion offices of nations)... jobs flee, and still, the population is ignorant. Why? Becasue of our education, and who controls our education? THe governement, and who controls the governement? THe companies, and who controls the companies? The rich. Guys, I am predicting the reformation of an upper class, the 1% of society, and then the rest. Probably ressembling present day brazil and Russia.

Now back to w.w.3, when that day comes when China shows it's face on world issues, (to a greater extent I mean), it will be technologically advanced with an advanced military, with an air force and w/e else you guys can name the U.S has. Lazer, w/e, the works.

Currently, yes the U.S and E.u can take out china, but financial it is not necessary because to the rich, they simply care of where they can make the most wealth. With evey passing year China grows with western jobs, and America's technological advancement wanes in proportionality. Technologically depends on economy, and America's economy will crumble next to china's if this world tendency continues. Now it does not matter if the U.s has nukes, have a look at the soviet union, russian communism did not work, the nation could harldy support their grand military, and the regime crumbled.(I am making no relation between russian communism and chinese cough cough communism) WE still may be far off but I can see this happenning to the united states. It's all about the economy, and western economy has no future, none at least, on the path it is currently taking.

Now the outcome of a w.w.3 all depends on when in the future. THe earlier, the more in america's favour it would be. The farther in the future, the more to china's it will be.

Concerning the middle-east, oil will not last forever, but religion can.  THe only reason the middle-east is in the anti-western state it is is because of western foreign policy, but particularly american foreign policy. Pay them nothing, make them suffer, and they will retaliate. Now there are extremetists in every society, it is only when society is grieving do people listen to these radicals, and that is what is occuring in the middle-east. It has come to the point where the radicals are supported. Have a look at Nazi Germany, Hitler only came to power because the germans had been unjustifiably punished. If they had not been starving or not massively in debt or with money that had more worth than toilet paper they would not have supported the radical Hitler. Unjustifiably punished, just like the mid-east population (by american companies/foreign policy.)

If anyone wants to contest my declaration that the german people were innocent following w.w.1, let me just tell you that the world war 1 began for imperialistic reasons on both sides. A monarch does not represent the people. The kaiser was a king and not elected.

In retaliation to la traité de Versailes, Germany began world war two, which I believe is only what could have been expected considering the terms of the treaty of Versailles. Anyways, I'm just trying to relate the point that any hatred the mid-east has for western society has been provoked. Now some ppl see this and send foreign aid but the radicals know they're power depends on the suffering of their ppl, just like Hitler knew this, that is why they sniper these helpers down. It is a very simple concept, while back in America, the entire mid-east is classified has one big chunk of terrorism, as if these terrorists are terrorists for no reason. There is a reason to everything. Now I am not justifying attacks such as 9/11, murder is murder but I can say that perhaps we should ask ourselves why this took place, and if we truly want to resolve the future, maybe we should consider giving equal rights to all citizens of this earth, of every race, culture, religion, a global minimum wage, and greater worker rights, and maybe we'd solve soemthing.

I don't want there to be a war, let's pray there never is, but the alliances could be very variant. From here in north america, the entire fareast seems like one great society but there are differences among the asians as with us westerners.

If there is a war, make sure you do not fight for the greed of rich business men, but for universal truth, which is that every culture has a history and perspecitve. There is no true good or bad, only results of the circumstances.

THe European Union will make a very good superpower seeing how they're power is structured arround the cooperation between different cultures, while each maintains it's own identity...

ps: If anything I have said is offensive to anyone I apologize, I did not mean to offend. These are all purely conclusions made out of my personal research.

-------------
We are all a result of what we have lived. Culture, attitude, perspective. For everything we do, there is a reason. There is no true evil, only the absence of proper communication.

Date Posted: 28-Mar-2005 at 22:53
Jeez guys I didn't write all that without hoping for some feedback.

-------------
We are all a result of what we have lived. Culture, attitude, perspective. For everything we do, there is a reason. There is no true evil, only the absence of proper communication.

Date Posted: 04-Apr-2005 at 18:23
Come on guys, say anything!

-------------

Posted By: Omnipotence
Date Posted: 04-Apr-2005 at 20:01
It's so long I didn't really read it at first, but I went through it when you mentioned.

But I stick to my original thinking- unless someone invents technology that completely counters nukes, everyone will lose in the long run.

Date Posted: 04-Apr-2005 at 22:50

i read ur post. it's very well written.

however, i'd like to point out that many of the "ideal" solutions you pointed out to the future of the globe is not very ideal simply for few reasons:

greed (people are not likely to share anything with others and big bussiness are not likely to stop making money in the expense of the poor)

at least currently, from the war in iraq to the us government spending on education are largely financed by the people's bank of china. a war between china and the us simply cannot happen (i think) because of the economic ties between the two. currently, china is the largest holder of us debts and assets (japan is the second, hong kong is the third, taiwan is the fourth). they buy us assets in large blocks because they have to keep the us dollar strong to export their goods to the united states and to keep the fixed exchange rate against the us dollar. any war or even social instability in this region can cause tremendous effect on the us economy itself. for instance, if china decides to dump us assets, the us will need to raise the interest rate by a large margin, lower the price of its government debts to finance its twin deficits. from the morgage payments of us households to the price of ski boots in the us will increased by muiltiple times --- the results of which: huge depreciation of the dollar, historically high inflation, historically high interest rate (higher than the 70's level). these will all lead to depression.

and then the entire world will be affected. the economic system will collapse following the collapse of the us dollar.

a whole series of uncertain economic disastars are also likely to happen.

in conclusion, starting any military disputes with china for the us, means creating an economic depression for itself and everyone else in the world. the main concern of such a conflict is not simply casualty or anything like that but a global economic crisis that affects pretty much everyone of all classes in every country.

defending taiwan to prevent the reunification of china is, by no means, the interest of the us nor any other players in the world.

being friendly to one another will be in the interest of both china and the us.

when a country cannot sustain a war economically, it is bound to lose it no matter how great of a military it has. a war also does not have to have a winner. the soviet union was bound to lose the cold war when it started

-------------
���DZj�~�� ��������

Posted By: eaglecap
Date Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 02:03
This Catholic Priest is on coast to coastam radio tonight and of course they beliieve in an end to the world WWIII scenario.
http://www.trumpetersmission.com/

Some real end time baloney
http://www.hogueprophecy.com/

Posted By: Scytho-Sarmatian
Date Posted: 06-Apr-2005 at 04:03

"Some real end time baloney http://www.hogueprophecy.com"

What are you talking about?  Hogue is a genius.  He's put a lot of effort and research into his interpretations of Nostradamus -- the predictions have been dead on. 

A Catholic priest commenting on prophecy?  I'd take that with a grain of salt, for sure!

Date Posted: 08-Apr-2005 at 18:32

i read ur post. it's very well written.

however, i'd like to point out that many of the "ideal" solutions you pointed out to the future of the globe is not very ideal simply for few reasons:

greed (people are not likely to share anything with others and big bussiness are not likely to stop making money in the expense of the poor)

at least currently, from the war in iraq to the us government spending on education are largely financed by the people's bank of china. a war between china and the us simply cannot happen (i think) because of the economic ties between the two. currently, china is the largest holder of us debts and assets (japan is the second, hong kong is the third, taiwan is the fourth). they buy us assets in large blocks because they have to keep the us dollar strong to export their goods to the united states and to keep the fixed exchange rate against the us dollar. any war or even social instability in this region can cause tremendous effect on the us economy itself. for instance, if china decides to dump us assets, the us will need to raise the interest rate by a large margin, lower the price of its government debts to finance its twin deficits. from the morgage payments of us households to the price of ski boots in the us will increased by muiltiple times --- the results of which: huge depreciation of the dollar, historically high inflation, historically high interest rate (higher than the 70's level). these will all lead to depression.

and then the entire world will be affected. the economic system will collapse following the collapse of the us dollar.

a whole series of uncertain economic disastars are also likely to happen.

in conclusion, starting any military disputes with china for the us, means creating an economic depression for itself and everyone else in the world. the main concern of such a conflict is not simply casualty or anything like that but a global economic crisis that affects pretty much everyone of all classes in every country.

defending taiwan to prevent the reunification of china is, by no means, the interest of the us nor any other players in the world.

being friendly to one another will be in the interest of both china and the us.

when a country cannot sustain a war economically, it is bound to lose it no matter how great of a military it has. a war also does not have to have a winner. the soviet union was bound to lose the cold war when it started

I thank you for taking the time to respond to my statement and have enjoyed reading what you had to say on the issue. You have revealed to me more in depth how greatly the chinese and american economies are linked, a stunning fact but half expected.

I agree with everything you have to say but would just like to add that the way the economy is set at the moment, it is favoring chinese developement and disfavoring the continuing existence of the western world middle class. A war would cause a depression without doubt and complete economic disarray around the world as you say, but I think the chinese massive developement would also be set back seeing how it's growth depends on taking advantage of the decline of the west; if such a conflict would suddenly take place, all foreign american production in China would cease.

So America would definitely fall but so too would China. It's as you say, the nations are too interlinked to just go to war. We must however admit that China and America are the superpowers of the future and seeing their relations endure is something we must all hope for...and as the chinese economy develops, so too will it's military and it is at this point when America's invisibility could then maybe be put into question.

Personally it does not matter to me if China grows strong, as long as the middle class of the western world is able to exist giving as many people the opportunity to live their potential, and the way we're headed, that may not always be so.

What would u say to the eventuality of a global minimum wage? A very far fetched solution but perhaps a noble one. What do you think would have to happen before this could take place?

ps: Thnx again coolstorm for your commentary, I appreciate it

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com