Print Page | Close Window

It is time to fight against Americans

Printed From: History Community ~ All Empires
Category: Scholarly Pursuits
Forum Name: Intellectual discussions
Forum Discription: Discuss political and philosophical theories, religious beliefs and other academic subjects
URL: http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1370
Printed Date: 24-Apr-2024 at 20:50
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: It is time to fight against Americans
Posted By: Cyrus Shahmiri
Subject: It is time to fight against Americans
Date Posted: 29-Nov-2004 at 10:17

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002101154_atlas26.html - http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002101154 _atlas26.html

"The enemies of Iran should know, so long as there is one Iranian alive with blood pumping through his or her heart, even the thought of taking one grain of Iranian soil, will strongly be opposed and defeated. Long Live Iran.", an entity in Los Angeles called the Iran National Front USA

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Murph
Date Posted: 29-Nov-2004 at 16:34

what does that have to do with fighting americans?

a lot of countries have citizens that will fight to the death for their nation (USA and Iran included)

-------------

Posted By: AssyrianGuy7
Date Posted: 29-Nov-2004 at 18:51
I have no country, when it comes time to defend my people and what i belief i will fight to the death.

-------------
"Blessed be my people, Egypt, and the work of my hands, Assyria, and my special possession, Israel!"
(Isaiah 19:23-25)

Posted By: Christscrusader
Date Posted: 29-Nov-2004 at 19:03
What are you suggesting by your topic buddy. Why shall the Americans be attacked? This is not just..

-------------
Heaven helps those, who help themselves.
-Jc

Date Posted: 29-Nov-2004 at 19:05

The Americans haven't done anything to Iran, Yet.

-------------
"Blessed be my people, Egypt, and the work of my hands, Assyria, and my special possession, Israel!"

Date Posted: 29-Nov-2004 at 19:06
but iran has done something to america

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Nov-2004 at 19:11
Civil revolt and civil unrest will take care of Iran, not the US.

-------------
-Jc

Posted By: Artaxiad
Date Posted: 29-Nov-2004 at 20:28
I read that the US is funding and helping Iranian anti-government groups...

Posted By: cattus
Date Posted: 29-Nov-2004 at 20:36
dont think Iran will be attacked by events leading from this,Cyrus.

"History is not a commodity you buy at Wal-Mart and discard after you get your immediate use out of it", Mojtaba Aghamohammadi is right.

Posted By: SearchAndDestroy
Date Posted: 29-Nov-2004 at 20:51

Originally posted by Artaxiad

I read that the US is funding and helping Iranian anti-government groups...

I wouldn't doubt it at all. Its one of the CIA's jobs to pay groups money secretly to go against their gov't. Also their was a bill passed recently by the US gov't that give them that same power to fund a group up to $25,000.

Posted By: coolstorm
Date Posted: 29-Nov-2004 at 20:51

There's a Chinese saying "there is never going to be an end when people keep revenging".

Date Posted: 29-Nov-2004 at 21:06
cyrus, are you seriously itching for a war with America???

-------------

Date Posted: 29-Nov-2004 at 21:08
Not like Iran would have any chance either....

-------------
-Jc

Posted By: sephodwyrm
Date Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 02:28

Hahahahaha...(wait...I thinl I'm in the wrong thread)

Iranians have fought against a US funded and supported Iraq. They know what to do.

-------------
"Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them"
"Not what goes into the mouth that defiles the Man, but what comes out of the mouth" Matthew 7:12, 15:11

Posted By: Yiannis
Date Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 02:37
Originally posted by sephodwyrm

Iranians have fought against a US funded and supported Iraq. They know what to do.

You don't make any sense (neither in essence nor syntactically)!

So, what do you mean?

-------------
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Posted By: Jalisco Lancer
Date Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 03:04

I believe that Chap is trying to make reference that Iran has faced already groups and/or countries funded by the US as they did on the Iran/Irak war back in the 80´s, when Saddam was the flavor of the day of the CIA.

Regards

Posted By: Yiannis
Date Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 03:32

Oh, right! I took it totally the wrong way...

I read: "Iranians have fought against the US. Founded and supported Iraq" so it didn't make sense.

Apologies sephodwyrn, you do make sense!

In anycase Iraq was supported by practically everybody in this war. US, CCCP, Europe...(but they also sold weapons to Iran in astronomical prices). Remember the scandal with Reagan? Selling weapons to Iran and using the founds to support the Contras?

-------------
The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Posted By: Cywr
Date Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 05:54
Did anyone bother to read the news article? 
More map madness. Damn, we Welshies should try this one some time, its not like people will stop taking us seriously, they already ignore us.

-------------
Arrrgh!!"

Date Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 06:31

What are you suggesting by your topic buddy. Why shall the Americans be attacked?

Because they have started to fight against our Persian identity!

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 06:37

http://www.tehrantimes.com/Description.asp?Da=11/30/2004&Cat=14&Num=001 - http://www.tehrantimes.com/Description.asp?Da=11/30/2004& ;Cat=14&Num=001

In an unscientific and politically motivated measure, the recently published eighth edition of the National Geographic Atlas used the unacceptable alternative name “Arab Gulf” in parentheses alongside the waterway’s historic name, the Persian Gulf.
By taking such an unjustifiable action, the Washington-based National Geographic Society, which was founded in the 19th century, proved that its political tendencies have finally overshadowed its devotion to the scientific approach.
Gardiner Greene Hubbard, the organization’s first president, said at its inauguration ceremony some 116 years ago that the National Geographic Society would die if its scientific activities became politicized.
Millions of people all over the world read the society’s books and periodicals, use its maps and atlases, and watch its educational programs on television.
The organization was only able to attract such a wide audience and garner such great influence through the efforts of researchers and scientists who made every effort to prevent the institution from becoming politicized.
Unfortunately, under the influence of the U.S. Zionist lobby and the oil dollars of certain Arab governments, the society has distorted an undeniable historical reality, and its action can not be justified.
No one can deny that the Persian Gulf has been known by that name for thousands of years. The Persian Gulf was never called the “Arab Gulf” at any time in history. Indeed, throughout the ages navigators and sailors have clearly proven this historical reality in their charts and manuscripts.
Iran was one of the great civilizations of ancient times, and the Persian Gulf has always been one of the gateways to the country.
Before the victory of the Islamic Revolution in Iran, due to the dependence of the former regime on the United States, the National Geographic Society had made no direct or indirect reference to the unacceptable name “Arab Gulf” in any of its atlases or publications.
However, after the victory of the Islamic Revolution in 1979, due to its hostility toward Iran, the Zionist lobby in the United States made strenuous efforts to convince the society to use unacceptable names in place of Iranian historical names.
In addition, there are reports suggesting that the National Geographic Society has received huge financial contributions from oil-producing Arab countries located on the Persian Gulf.
These two factors, i.e. the influence of the Zionist lobby and the financial largesse of certain Arab countries, have led the society astray.
If the National Geographic Society insists on using the unacceptable term “Arab Gulf” in place of or alongside the historical name of the Persian Gulf, its reputation will be ruined, especially in the eyes of geographers and researchers.
Clearly, the society owes the Iranian nation an apology for distorting historical realities and using the unacceptable “Arab Gulf” instead of the beautiful and historical name of the Persian Gulf. It must correct its mistake as soon as possible.
Otherwise, Hubbard’s prediction about the death of the organization will come true.

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 17:37
Man, just upset because its "Arab" Gulf and not Persian? Its just a Gulf.

-------------
-Jc

Date Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 17:41

Cyrus do you hate the americans only because of the name of a body of water

-------------

Date Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 18:48
I don't think so. He used to support a US invasion in Iran but he's not replying to this topic so I dont' know what he's thinking right now.

-------------
"Not what goes into the mouth that defiles the Man, but what comes out of the mouth" Matthew 7:12, 15:11

Posted By: coolstorm
Date Posted: 30-Nov-2004 at 20:15

besidies, i thought iran was a poor country.

i checked out some police cars used around the world. they use new mercedes e class and c class as their police cars. how come?

although in hk, we use mercedes and bmw also to be police cars and bikes

i've always been taught that iran is poor and is running a dictatorship... what can explain that?

Posted By: Cywr
Date Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 02:49
Mercedes police cars are a fairly sound investment apparently, you get good milage out of them, and a good deal on maintanience for bulk buying. Dito for busses.

-------------
Arrrgh!!"

Posted By: Miller
Date Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 03:48
I bet you some Arab sheik will next pay National Geographic to change the name of "The Gulf of Mexico" to  "The other Arab Gulf". Who says  money can't buy everything

Posted By: Spartakus
Date Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 05:46
The truth is that U.S must  have a defeat so the U.S goverments put some mind on their heads.  

-------------
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)

Date Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 07:07

Why you can't understand that they have insulted our culture, civilization and identity?

Info about Arabian Gulf: http://arabian-gulf.info - http://arabian-gulf.info  

It is really interesting that in this situation what our Mullahs are doing: http://www.iranian.ws/iran_news/publish/article_4699.shtml - http://www.iranian.ws/iran_news/publish/article_4699.shtml  

-------------

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 08:33
I fully understand, I wouldn't accept it either if the name of Dutch Harbor, Alaska would be changed. 

-------------

Posted By: Cornellia
Date Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 09:24

National Geographic is just one magazine and I would have thought they would have known better than to make that glaring error.

I think its most unfair to blame all Americans for the mistake of one magazine.

-------------
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas

Posted By: Rava
Date Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 09:31

English Channel/ La Manche has two names as well...

Fortunately in Poland Persian Gulf is in use. Otherwise another Darius expedition would be on schedule against us. In case of conflict please have on mind that we (Poles) are probably the ScythoSarmatians. 

Date Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 10:36
National Geographic is just one magazine and I would have thought they would have known better than to make that glaring error.

I think its most unfair to blame all Americans for the mistake of one magazine.

It is obvious that it is a political action, Americans have captured an arabic country and they need the support of Arabs for controling it and on the other hand Iran has become their new enemy.

During 8 years war between Iran and Iraq, there was a motto for instigating Iranians to fight against Iraqis who were supported by Arabic countries and many other countries that "If Iraqis conquer Iran then the Persian Gulf will be changed to Arabian gulf forever!"

-------------

Date Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 11:29

Fortunately in Poland Persian Gulf is in use. Otherwise another Darius expedition would be on schedule against us. In case of conflict please have on mind that we (Poles) are probably the ScythoSarmatians.

Do you know approximately how many percent of Poles believe that they have a Scythian or Sarmation origin?

-------------

Posted By: Rava
Date Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 12:49

That's the problem Cyrus... Yet, 200 years ago the whole noble class "szlachta" belived in Sarmatian origin. About 30% of the nation. Sarmatian is an umbrella word but then they didn't know what we have learned now about say, Aorsi, Alans, Antes or Chionites. Personaly I would search Poles' ancestors among Chionites or Aorsi.

Posted By: Bryan
Date Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 13:52
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

It is obvious that it is a political action, Americans have captured an arabic country and they need the support of Arabs for controling it and on the other hand Iran has become their new enemy.
No offense, but is it really a political action, or is that the light in which you wish it to be portrayed as? The original article that you posted stated that:
But the National Geographic Society's mapmakers noticed that some U.S. military agencies and other map gazers use the name "Arabian Gulf" for the body of water on Iran's southwestern shore.

So they altered the 8th Edition of the society's influential Atlas of the World to include Arabian Gulf as an alternate name (in parentheses) under the traditional title.

Now, while I haven't seen the 8th Edition of the Atlas of the World myself, from that paragraph I understand that they included Arabian Gulf as an alternate name; in other words if it were mentioned as the Arabian Gulf, and someone didn't know what it was, and they just so happened to have that edition, they could find out that they were actually talking about the Persian Gulf, and there's a good possibility in that situation that they would correct them. They're weren't trying to replace the name of a body of water that has existed in that form for so long, just trying to put down that to some, this is what it is otherwise known as. I seriously doubt that it is a political action, or that it was an intentional insult upon your culture, civilization, or identity.

Date Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 16:48

why don't they call it the middle eastern gulf and make everybody happy...it does touch just as much of Arabia as Persia

by the way, the gulf of mexico should be renamed the gulf of america, because the most powerful country in the world needs a gulf named after  it  

-------------

Posted By: Genghis
Date Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 21:37
I really think you're overreacting Cyrus.  That small group of people made the stupid mistake of misnaming something in the interest of political correctness, but the vast majority of Americans know that it is the Persian Gulf.

-------------
Member of IAEA

Date Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 21:38
Well I've head Pakistani Gulf, but I just don'y know.

-------------
-Jc

Date Posted: 01-Dec-2004 at 23:37

Do not underestimate the sorrows of Iran Iraq war of 1980-88. I talked to my Persian classmate today and she's rather bitter about the conflict. She's also rather sad that Muslims are still killing each other.

I have to say that I do not know enough of the Iranian situation, but it is insulting that the western media is again pitting the Arabs and Iranians against each other again. I hope that both will not fall into the trap.

-------------

Posted By: Tobodai
Date Posted: 04-Dec-2004 at 19:26
so what, call it the Sumerian Gulf or soemthing, god this isnt even an issue of importance!  If someone changed the name of my home state to Quakeristan I honeslty wouldnt care.

-------------
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton

Posted By: Genghis
Date Posted: 04-Dec-2004 at 21:36

Originally posted by Tobodai

so what, call it the Sumerian Gulf or soemthing, god this isnt even an issue of importance!  If someone changed the name of my home state to Quakeristan I honeslty wouldnt care.

But it's a spiritual, cultural, and national symbol for the Persian people, it should be named after them.

-------------
Member of IAEA

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz - http://www.webwizguide.com