Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply: What is the difference?

Name:

Emoticons
more...
   Enable BBcodes to format post
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code Load New Code
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 06-Apr-2016 at 20:23 By TheAlaniDragonRising
Originally posted by Aeoli

Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

If Turkish laws aren't the matter here then on what pretext is this newspaper man taken to court. Is it that all articles in your newspapers have to be cleared by a governmental department or something?

The issuie is not limited with media in Turkey. 

Then I'm not too sure what your point is for the comparison, Aeoli.

Originally posted by Aeoli

As for the fear of ancient philosophers, Aeoli, what were these fears about having democracy?

Tyranny of the Majority

I would hardly say there's not a gulf between a member of the press whose job tends to be to sniff out stories of potential interest to the reader and disclose them and an operative of the security services who tends to be obliged by contract, written or verbal, to keep certain aspects/knowledge secret.. There's no conflict here only differences in perceived obligation.

For me both case are same, the negative face of the state is put in front of the public by heroes 

Are you against equality as a principle, Aeoli? Not that either of those men actually experienced anything close to a real democracy. They had what would be classed as a meritocracy, and a pretty narrow type at that. You had to be the right people to be allowed the vote and be in power. Generally that meant the established ruling rich, and on the whole men. Being born in the land wasn't enough to allow you any rights either. My guess is that these men disliked their ideas being put forward for a vote.

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.56a [Free Express Edition]
Copyright ©2001-2009 Web Wiz

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.