Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

newruz in central asia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
guest View Drop Down
  Quote guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: newruz in central asia
    Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 08:44
Where did or from who newruz originated?Today from indo-europeans only iranians celebrate newruz.But, altough there had not been any cultural interaction between todays iranians and turks of central asia in the past all the turks in asia celebrate it.If there had been a cultural interaction between via schyts why do not todays europeans celebrate it?English and other european people claim that they are desdencent from alans, sarmatians, schytians.Isn't it silly?There is a kurdish mythology about saying that it is the day their one hero fight against a vassal king.But on the other hand there is not any kurdish record about kurds history and it is known fact that iran is ruled more than 300 year by turks.there is turkish mythology which turks survive from a place from melting iron mountains or iron sources in a mountain and this is the reason they tell why they are celebrating it.(is it true that it is mentioned in Quran by telling about dulqarneyn?looks more believable than kurds mythology)Where did turks get it?Is it a distinct celebration from newruz because they celebrate it at the same date with iranians?
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 10:18

But, altough there had not been any cultural interaction between todays iranians and turks of central asia in the past

Are you joking? Tell me why so many place names in Central Asia are Iranian: Samarqand, Tashkent, Dushanbe, Bukhara, Balkh, Ashkabad etc Turks became dominant in southern Central Asia 1000-1600 years ago and they assimilated the Iranian populations such as the Soghdo-Bactrians and others and at the same time acquired many aspects of Iranian culture such as Norooz.

Now Ruz in various forms means new day in all Iranian languages and all Iranian peoples celebrate it, even in isolated and distant places like China.

There is no doubt about it that it is an Iranian celebration, I have cokme across some really sickening narrations claiming that Norooz is not an Iranian holiday.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 12:21

Norooz or Nowruz is a Iranian "holiday" wich is celebrated by many central asian Turkic country's (azerbaijan and some in Turkey) also.

there is turkish mythology which turks survive from a place from melting iron mountains or iron sources in a mountain and this is the reason they tell why they are celebrating it
this is true, youre talking about "Ergenekon" myth, many people who wants to claim nowrooz as Turkic holiday come up with this, wich is silly.

Note; zagros Tashkent isnt full persian originated, tash = stone wich is Turkish and kent = city in persian i guess.

Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 14:09

yes they were, those were all tajik, and tajiks are from the persian tribes.

central asia was iranic before turkic invasions.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Behi View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Behi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2006 at 14:21
I know the main name of Tashkand was Chach, & after arab changed to Shash then Tash
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2006 at 15:42
I thought Nevruz was a Turkic holiday celebrating our entrance into Anatolia after the Battle of Malazgirt with the Byzantines on the first days of Spring...
 Post Reply Post Reply