Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Safavid "Kurdish/Iranic Theory"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Iranian41ife View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Safavid "Kurdish/Iranic Theory"
    Posted: 23-Feb-2006 at 19:33
Originally posted by Zagros

Although I am open to the possibility, I am not convinced by what has been presented.  I especially became suspicious when it said he had written the poems to win the goodwill of the Qazilbash, it is feeble reasoning.  Why would they care for poems?  I am sure they would be more convinced by actions.

the poems were ment to make it seem as though ismail was also turkic, and therefore would be pro turkic tribes and hopefully convincing them to join him.

atleast that is what these article is trying to say, and it makes sense. for example, the US army at the begining of the iraq war threw out pamphlets in arabic to convince the people that they were on their side.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 08:08
Originally posted by prsn41ife

i dont think they did.

and by what you said yourself, you cannot claim they were turkic just because ismail, one person, wrote some poems in turkish.

shah abbas also wrote many, he whas a better poem'er then ismail.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 08:50
I seriously doubt ethnicity was as much of a factor as religion, that is why Sunni Kurds fought against Shia Iran - the sunni Kurds of that time even wrote their Sharrif nameh in Persian but they still fought against Iran (including their own Shia kin) on the side of the Ottomans.
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 09:16

Originally posted by Zagros

I seriously doubt ethnicity was as much of a factor as religion, that is why Sunni Kurds fought against Shia Iran - the sunni Kurds of that time even wrote their Sharrif nameh in Persian but they still fought against Iran (including their own Shia kin) on the side of the Ottomans.
i agree, it whas the religion that counted then later the spread of nationalism movements came in the begin 19th century then in the beginning of the 20th century you allready can see many fascistic, racistic rulers (in europe).

Afterall i am against disputing the facts, the muslim empires didnt considered them as Turk, arab, Persian but as muslim empires, the ethnic kind of people didnt interested them but the religion.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 17:32

but the islamic empire dissolved after only 200 years...

so there was no islamic empire in the time period we are talking about.

"If they attack Iran, of course I will fight. But I will be fighting to defend Iran... my land. I will not be fighting for the government and the nuclear cause." ~ Hamid, veteran of the Iran Iraq War
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2006 at 18:54

yes there was, the Ottomans considered themselves the theirs of the Caliphate and thought that they should rightly control Baghdad and Iraq.

And the Safavis forcibly converted majority Sunni Iran to Shiism, we can thank them for the empowerment of the clergy. Iran was 20% Zaroastrian, at some estimates when the Safavis took control, estimated by names in taxation records.

Edited by Zagros
Alborz View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Alborz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 02:39

guys, I think when we try to look at our history and people from a western style point of view, such conflicts of "he was turkish, he was w/e,,,," happen.

The concept of Nationhood in European definition is way more different than ours. (except maybe Swiss..) It should not even be considered in our world.

Back then from safavids to russian conquest, the Turkmens (of today's Turkmenistan) were Iranians!

Iran (nor the Ottoman Empire) was about ethnicity or race. But about monarchy, culture, and even religion.  Iran is still is that (thank fully), it has a Persian core but also many related peoples.

The concept of Race or even ethnicity bare little fruit when we are talking about western asia (in particular). ideologies such as pan-iranism, pan-turkism, pan-arabism, and even pan-kurdism are fruits of European centrism that are absolutely alien and unhealthy to the region as we know today as middle-east and central asia.

Ethnicity was an ancient thing in the region in my opinion. we are all mixed and related (like it or not). In Iran this is even more of a case than Turkey. both countries have an official universal language that unites them and makes them communicate with themselves. in Iran's case its Persian. In central asian states RUSSIAN is the inter-ethnic communication language. A foreign language.

Iraq could have been a successful nation if pan-arabs never came to power. (nevermind on how they siezed power).

ps. I couldn't explain this better.

and also the Safavids eventually became secular specially under Shah Abbas. until the clergy became more powerful.

Edited by Alborz
"Who so shall worship Ahura Mazda, divine blessing will be upon him, both while living and when dead" Darius The Great
DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote DayI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 10:20
Originally posted by Alborz

guys, I think when we try to look at our history and people from a western style point of view, such conflicts of "he was turkish, he was w/e,,,," happen.

The concept of Nationhood in European definition is way more different than ours. (except maybe Swiss..) It should not even be considered in our world.

I agree, we considered ourselfs as muslims, not on ethnic origins. 

Back then from safavids to russian conquest, the Turkmens (of today's Turkmenistan) were Iranians!
 its really silly to say "Turkmens where iranians!!!" well before 19th century, how many people wherent Ottomans then? I think it is not sensefull to talk of "it whas ours, it belonged to us" what would you do if a greek claims Iran's as theirs? "alexander the great had once conquered there, it belonged to us, ...."

Iran (nor the Ottoman Empire) was about ethnicity or race. But about monarchy, culture, and even religion.  Iran is still is that (thank fully), it has a Persian core but also many related peoples.
agree

The concept of Race or even ethnicity bare little fruit when we are talking about western asia (in particular). ideologies such as pan-iranism, pan-turkism, pan-arabism, and even pan-kurdism are fruits of European centrism that are absolutely alien and unhealthy to the region as we know today as middle-east and central asia.
highly agree.

Ethnicity was an ancient thing in the region in my opinion. we are all mixed and related (like it or not). In Iran this is even more of a case than Turkey. both countries have an official universal language that unites them and makes them communicate with themselves. in Iran's case its Persian. In central asian states RUSSIAN is the inter-ethnic communication language. A foreign language.
Nopes, in central asia whas it Turkish but later forcefully changed to russian + created different forms crylic alphabets to not let them communicate with each others.

Fizzil View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Fizzil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 10:56

This forum needs more people like you Alborz 

I agree absolutely, the entire race/nationalism issue is getting lame.

Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Iranian41ife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 14:02
so tell your government to drop it.
Alborz View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Alborz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 19:44
Originally posted by DayI

its really silly to say "Turkmens where iranians!!!" well before 19th century, how many people wherent Ottomans then? I think it is not sensefull to talk of "it whas ours, it belonged to us" what would you do if a greek claims Iran's as theirs? "alexander the great had once conquered there, it belonged to us, ...."

no no, I meant they were Iranian by nationality. I didn't say they were Iranic in ethnicity or race. Like Armenians of Yerevan were of Iranian nationality since they were part of Iran back then. ... etc.

okay, I'm starting to confuse myself.

Edited by Alborz
"Who so shall worship Ahura Mazda, divine blessing will be upon him, both while living and when dead" Darius The Great
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2006 at 08:53
Geeting Iranian 4 Life and for Truth

The discussion of  Safawes origins these days fall withen the catgories of  Ghassan ve  Ghossian doukhterhay Mo awee yah .
First the Safavies own ancestrorial tree shows that they are decedant of Imam Muassa El Kadhom ,which means  in Luristan  as well as New York and Kentakee,but  not Bako _ Istanbul axess: decedant of the Prophet  Mohamad who is a decedant of  Ua roob  ibn Qahtan.Where Holako and Changeez or HolaKo and Changeez fits in the picture ey mardomani Khoda?

Secondly the Safawees like evry monarch had opositions some armed one and some others.
  According to Kathryn Babayan : Sufis ,Darvish and Mullas ,page 117
   SAFAVID PERSIA EDITED BY CHARLES MELVILLE .I .B.Taures& Co.Ltd Publishers.
Published in Association with the Center of Middle East Studies  University of Cambridge

Page 123

Safvat al Safa ( By ibn Bazaz 751h or 1350)  " An inetial stage of revisions saw the transformation of Safavid identy as as Sunni  Kurds into blood decedant of  Mohamed  .... "you can read the rest by bying the  Book.
IN  TURKEY SALAH EL DEEN AYUBEE IS A TURK <RESENTLY ALL OF SHAHNAMAH CONTENT ARE ABOUT TURKS AND ARE TURKS  AS FOR NAPELEON AND THE MADONA I ASSUME IT WILL BE NEXT  YEAR TURKISH MILLETRY COLLAGES  Text BOOKS WILL  CLIAM THEM   T ,AND AS  A LOR , I DO NOT GIVE A DAMEN ABOUT IT, AND ABOUT ANY DEAD MAN TURKEY CIAMS TO BE THIERS BECAUSE THEY ARE FAKE .YOU CAN CHEAT SOME OF THE PEOPLE SOME OF  THE  TIME ,BUT NOT ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL OF  THE PEOPLE  ALL OF THE TIME .SHAME ,SHAME .SHAME. TAMAM SHOD RAFT
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2006 at 06:24

This is hilarious, one minute your crying that Turkey is doing this and that while at the same time you encourage doing exactly what you say you have a problem with, how ironic.

There was a religous issue back then, it was over who would be the head of the Muslims, solely a battle of religous ideals and not a strongly state this NOT over ethnic/national/racial ideas.

There was no concept of today's nationalism so you cannot begin to understand the issue's of those times with today's mentallity it simply didn't exist.

In the Ottoman Empire every language of all the many people's was taught, there was a system of multiculturism and even universal sufferage many European state theories come directly from this Empire ie giving help to the poor, a strong justice and beaurocratic system, giving refuge to people in need, allowing minority rights........................

In the Safavid Empire the situation was the same, many languages were spoke and taught, there was a high standard of law and justice, the arts were patroned, immense wealth was made..........

If you want the reality the Safavids were infact more Turko-central than the Ottomans, the Safavid Turkish was closer to the Turkish of the people and they governed over a larger population of Turks than the Ottomans did, don't forget at their extent the Safavids were inside Central Asia.

Regards

Edited by Bulldog - 11-Jun-2006 at 06:27
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12