Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Most Important Artifact

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your Most Important Artifact
    Posted: 09-May-2006 at 17:56

The Declaration of Independence.  

Edited by red clay
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
kotumeyil View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kotumeyil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2006 at 04:17

Treaty of Kadesh, 1269 BC, the world's oldest surviving peace treaty, between the Egyptians and the Hittites

The famous Topkapi dagger:

Statuette of the Mother Goddess, terracotta, from Catalhoyuk, c.5,750 B.C. Height 20 cm. The Goddess is seated on a throne, flanked by two sacred animals. She is represented as a woman in child-birth

Haghia Sophia:

http://www.homestead.com/privatetoursinturkey/files/ayasofya .jpg

[IMG]http://www.maksimum.com/yemeicme/images/haber/raki.jpg">
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2006 at 00:42
I'm from Canada,whose history pales in comparison to that of say Turkey or Greece, but I'd say anything in Quebec City, the only walled city in North America, and old and beautiful by North American standards

But I mean come on, the Spear of Christ is important too. It peirced(supposedly) the body of Jesus, was held by Napoleon, Hitler, Charlemagne, probably Stalin too, not to mention all the roman leaders and everyone I've missed. And there is a legend that he/she who holds it may rule the world.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12