Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Afghan Attan Dance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Afghan Attan Dance
    Posted: 19-Apr-2006 at 00:47
Originally posted by Gharanai

Originally posted by Afghanan

Anytime man.  I got lots more I havent even posted yet.  I'm thinking of making another Attan Mix with my new material.

Regards dear Afghanan wror,
I thaught you were going to add some more of those fantastic Attan videos, so I am still looking forward toward it...

You read my mind, I was just going to upload a new Attan Medley I created.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2006 at 01:09

Afghan Attan Video Mix 2

Click Below:

http://media.putfile.com/Afghan-Attan-Medley-Video

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Gharanai View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Afghan Empire

Quote Gharanai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 15:40

Wow, Thanks alot dear Afghanan woror,
I really appreciate your wonderful work and keep the good work up...

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 17:19
hey who ever put them songs that was nice of u
thanks alot
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2007 at 17:19
hey who ever put them songs that was nice of u
thanks alot and if u got more of them songs can u e mail ot to me on kamran3853@hotmail.co.uk plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
MarcoPolo View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote MarcoPolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2007 at 17:29
Salamooonnaaa.... saaa rannnggg yaaay.. awesome thread... wow im glad i found this.. cuz I love Attan.. I never knew that Nuristani people also do Attan.. thats cool

Does any1 have any video or pics of Afridi or Orakzai tribe attan???? the reason why im asking is these are my tribes!!  How can this thread be complete without showing the attan of the true guardians of the Khyber Pass! and the untouched mountains of Tirah.

Also, in Pakistan there are many tribes that have different styles of Attan too like the Waziri attan (instead of clapping they use live guns in a synchronous manner!), Mahsud Attan, Quettawal (similar to Kandahari style ) of attan, let me see... any1 else im forgetting...mm... oh ya.. Yusufzai attan style ..

also, can u tell me how to add videos cuz i have a few attan video's i can add to.

Oh and one last quick question, one of my friends in Pakistan used to tell that the home of attan(originated) is from Paktia province?  is this true? can someone correlate this?
Again Awesome post
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2007 at 22:19
Marco Polo,

Welcome to the discussion, pakhire raghle!

One thing  I know about Afghan tribes from the borders is that they dont like to be videotaped and the best Attans are sadly not going to be ever recorded.   Yes and I also have heard that the Attan originated in Paktia, but if Afghans were originally nomadic, who knows when and where this custom truly began.  It is probably much older than Islamic times.

~ Khushal Khan Khattak
MarcoPolo View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote MarcoPolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2007 at 09:41
I guess there is still a little apprehensive about cameras since most ppl just try to exploit us!. I dont mind though, sure it sucks for enthusiasts, but its something we take dearly to our heart/soul and we dont want to show-it off for vane reasons anyhow!  i know for sure, that the traditional attan is pre-Islamic as is our code of honor.pushtunwali... thats a given.. but we've incorporated it into our beliefs and way of life so it works out fine.  plus its not that big of a deal as it doesnt contradict/contrevene any our religious laws, we celebrate lots of pre-islamic/pagan rituals still, like Jashne-e-Baran (Basant-kite flying festival), Noroz (persian new year) amongst other.. And I think they're important for us as a people.. people shouldnt shun their traditions.
The closest I've ever been to paktia is at a place called Teri Mengal near Parachinar @ the border b/w Pakistan and Afghanistan, a very scenic area.  I think little by little, attan is becoming more and more prominent as people are shunning these mad mullahs(especially here in Pakistan) and beginning to appreciate their traditions.  I for one have always loved attan and appreciate it considerably.  It requires a dancer to be well coordinated, to be in peak shape fitness wise, and forming an ordered rank and file.. thus installing dicipline..  its social value is of great importance to our people.  there's a tradition in our family, where we used to entrusted with making the drums used in traditional attan' in my father's village and doing the final inspection especially before a major performance(pre-battle)..so perhaps i have a special affinity for attan..lol!! btw.. no has yet told me how to upload videos into this forum!!  i have a huge collection of attan videos if any 1 is interested.Allah Pa Aman
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2007 at 15:47
Upload them to youtube and post them.

The Dhol an Dholaks used in Attans are very nice.  Its too bad the only kind you can get in my city is the Indian Sikh/Punjabi version which doesn't sound right at all.

I have a good friend who is from Mangal valley and he said if you hear a Dhol, you can hear it across the entire valley, that is what it should sound like. 

~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jul-2007 at 18:03
If you haven't heard it this is a great Afghan Video with Attan:

Its the famous female Pakistani Pashtun musician Zarsanga and famous Afghan Attan Singer, Daud Haneef.  They are singing the folk song Shinware Lawangeena.
==

Shinware Lawangeena

~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jul-2007 at 00:13
Nice song!Smile
Anfører
MarcoPolo View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote MarcoPolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Aug-2007 at 16:50
beautiful song...  I also like Daud Haneef's other song..(i think its by him)..."Halek Narai Chinar day''... and ghruna, ghrhuna Afghanistan day) it has a very nice Attan beat to it..  anyhow.  Zarsanga is a very powerful singer and a very humble one at that. she needs to be appreciated more

I pains me to see how under appreciated many of our singers are who have soo much talent but are only discovered near the end of their life or more than often, after they've died.  We need to encourage everyone to buy their cassetes and videos, hire them for functions, put them on TV more and help develop our very talented music industry which once it takes off.. which im sure.. will reach incredible heights!

We need to do more to appreciate these traditional singers.  Another singer whom Im a big fan of is sardar ali takkar especially his fathers work(Ghani Khan's poetry), they are true master pieces.

lets not forget Nashenas.. (adaakay moray daru makawa!... da me khwaga ashna pah zreh bonde vishtalayomaa..)...ok i think im gonna start singing...lol!

And a third singer who I can vouch for is Gulzar Alam, I've heard his tape, recordings and I've heard him live.. And I can tell you, he sounds completely the same, few singers can do such a thing!! so he also has my respect!

Edited by MarcoPolo - 02-Aug-2007 at 16:51
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12