Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

5 Things I Like About Pakistan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Koda ku Rot View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Koda ku Rot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 Things I Like About Pakistan
    Posted: 02-Mar-2006 at 04:51

Voice of Reshma.

Chaar dina da pyaar ho Rabba....Lambi Judai...

What is this?Khandu Machu Lon March Pees
malizai_ View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Alcinous

Quote malizai_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2006 at 22:05
  1. Universal Hospitality
  2. Basant (kite festival)
  3. The Geography
  4. Mysticsm
  5. Food Street
  6. Old bazaars and narrow alleys
jayeshks View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote jayeshks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Mar-2006 at 12:36
1.Pakistani TV soaps/serials.  Indian soaps are such garbage.  I haven't watched any Pakistani serials in a while but most of the ones I've seen were memorable and interesting.
2.Urdu.  Newsreader style Urdu in a neutral accent is so beautiful and aristocratic sounding. 
3.Mughlai cuisine
4.Roohafza (I even have it my fridge right now)
5.Milky sweets/kheers etc. 

RajputGirl View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote RajputGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2006 at 16:43
Originally posted by Afghanan

These are 'Pathans'

Shahrukh Khan

Someone said that Shah Rukh's mom isn't Pathan?  Anybody know what ethnicity she is? 

TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2006 at 11:16

Originally posted by Jhangora

n why r all ur modern wonders under construction.......

Coming along from what I can find.

Creek City

KPT fountain (620 ft)

Port Tower Complex

Edited by TeldeInduz
Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
Anujkhamar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Anujkhamar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2006 at 12:27
Well Telde i'm glad theres some stuff like that because it will finally give an incentive for mine to get it's butt moving!

Also, the Karachi port tower will be the second largest in the world after the Burj Dubai. Next stop, India

http://www.skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?13946130
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2006 at 00:26
Originally posted by RajputGirl

These are 'Pathans'

Shahrukh Khan

Someone said that Shah Rukh's mom isn't Pathan?  Anybody know what ethnicity she is? 

Probably Punjabi.

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
CHAUDRY View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote CHAUDRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2006 at 21:12

Edited by CHAUDRY - 01-Jul-2006 at 21:13
no comment
CHAUDRY View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote CHAUDRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2006 at 21:23

Five things i like about Pakistan:

1) (The intensly patriotic) People of pakistan Hug

2) Pakistani food
3) Pakistani women
4) Lahore
5) Pakistan army, who right now tries to keep the filth Pig out from the western border.

no comment
Samurai
Samurai

Quote RajputGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-May-2006 at 02:28
Punjabi's don't wed-of their women to outsiders, as per the afghan tradition of 'selling' their women-folk.
Don't talk durt, wihtout knowing the Punjab and it's traditions.

How is he talking dirt?  Seriously, what decade are you guys living in?  So what if his mom is Punjabi?  There are tons of Bollywood celebrities who are products of inter-ethnic marriages.

Amitabh Bacchan's mom is Punjabi, and his dad is either a UPite or Bengali Kayastha.
Juhi Chawla is half-Gujarati/half-Punjabi. 

Priyanka Chopra, Malaika Arora, and Amrita Arora are half-Malyalee and half-Punjabi.   
Esha Deol is Tamil and Punjabi. 
 Celina Jaitley is half-Afghan, 25% Kashmiri and 25% Punjabi.   
Miss India 2006 Neha Kapur is Bihari/Punjabi.
Lara Dutta is 75% Punjabi and 25% white, and the list goes on. 

Edited by RajputGirl - 17-May-2006 at 05:11
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 01:05
Originally posted by RajputGirl

How is he talking dirt?  Seriously, what decade are you guys living in?  So what if his mom is Punjabi?  There are tons of Bollywood celebrities who are products of inter-ethnic marriages.

Amitabh Bacchan's mom is Punjabi, and his dad is either a UPite or Bengali Kayastha.
Juhi Chawla is half-Gujarati/half-Punjabi. 

Priyanka Chopra, Malaika Arora, and Amrita Arora are half-Malyalee and half-Punjabi.   
Esha Deol is Tamil and Punjabi. 
 Celina Jaitley is half-Afghan, 25% Kashmiri and 25% Punjabi.   
Miss India 2006 Neha Kapur is Bihari/Punjabi.
Lara Dutta is 75% Punjabi and 25% white, and the list goes on. 

Rajput Girl this thread is about things people like about Pakistan.All the celebrities you've mentioned are Indians.

What do you like about Pakistan.

Edited by Chacha Chaudhry - 27-May-2006 at 01:06
Samurai
Samurai

Quote RajputGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2006 at 00:13
Rajput Girl this thread is about things people like about Pakistan.All the celebrities you've mentioned are Indians.

What do you like about Pakistan.

Um, the fact that the president is from where my parents are from. 

The Kalash tribe also seems intriguing. 

And, that's all what you're getting for today.  LOL

Edited by RajputGirl - 07-Jun-2006 at 00:23
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2006 at 19:35

Originally posted by Jhangora

Ya Afghanan you've made your point.Ok my Pushtoon brother living in USA.Are you a Pathan.No please don't reply.Make atleast one post about something you like about Pakistan n take the Pushtoon/Pathan debate to another thread.Please.

There is no debate about what I believe.  But yes I think I have made my point about this.  The only thing i really like about Pakistan is....well, I'll get back to you on that one. 

I was curious, do they have Khattaks in Afghanistan??  cuz last time I checked, the Khattak tribes live in Kohat and Nowshera districts of Pakistan. 
Also, just wanted to point out one thing to my 'wrora' pukhtun from Afghanistan who toes the typical 'have a problem with Pakistan line even though half the population benefitted from Pakistans hospitality for the last 2 decades' and it was because of Pakistan that freedom fighter/Mujahideen forces where able to organize themselves, get armed and force the soviets to leave the country. Maybe Pakistan should have put the refugees in cages like Iran did(ironically, Afghans are ingratious towards Iranians) with number tags on their wrists, but that goes against Pakistani/Pukhtun hospitality so we let u into the country free to do business, live, marry, drug smuggling, prostitution and get harrassed by police like all pakistani do!and do whatever else u wanted.. we treated Afghans like brothers/family.  History has altered the demographics of the region.  while all Pukhtuns are Afghans, not all Afghans are puktuns as in Afghanistan there are also, Tajiks (who make up the educated and upper crust of society, and is the group most emulated by other Afghans such as the pushtuns), Hazaras, Chahar Aimaks/heratis, nooristanis, turkmens, minority Sikh, Hindus, Jews  etc... (in other words its also an ethnically diverse nation just as Pakistan is).   If one looks at the demographics of the two countries (Pakistan & Afghanistan), u'll find that there are approximately just over 11 million Pushtuns living in Afghanistan whereas in Pakistan there are over  23 million Pukhtuns/Pushtuns (this does not include non-pushto speaking Puktuns, Pathans,Urdu Khaans or whatever u wanna call them. By 2020 they are expected to number more than 35 million based on their higher birth rate and represent 27% of Pakistan(as other groups in Pakistans birth rate declines). On top of that, revised UN data on refugees puts the original number of Afghans residing in the country at 5 million with about 1.8-2 million repatriated back to Afghanistan(included in the stated Afghan population) with around 3 million remaining in Pakistan(85% are ethnically Pukhtun, rest 15% are Tajik, Hazara, Turkmen and Nooristanis) and intent on planning to stay permanently in Pakistan.  The point is, technically speaking,  Pakistan is now more Afghan than Afghanistan itself!  The biggest Pukhtun population in the world is ironically in sindh in the city of Karachi! and there are large populations in Peshawer(>3.5 million), Rawalpindi, Multan, Lahore, Islamabad(they represent 35%) and Quetta. While in Afghanistan, Pukhtun is synanamous with being backward, poor and undeducated and treated poorly in upper social circles(especially if they cant speak dari properly, in Pakistan Pukhtuns are looked up to, respected, emulated, are progressing rapidly(they are disproportionately represented in the armed forces, beauracracy, police and business) and often over emphasize there poor Urdu speaking capabilities!  So, look at the reality and facts 'wrora';  sometimes I wish someone majestic like Abdali would reappear out of Afghanistan and look at the big picture instead of the petty minded individuals being pumped out of there nowadays.  but who knows, I have hope and faith(Imaan), that one day again, Insha-Allah, Pakistan and Afghanistan can join into a greater empire, put aside their differences and work for the greater good by combining their resources.  By joining together, u squeaze out the idiots in both countries! 
Anyhow, The thing I like the most of Pakistan, is the fact that its the worlds 7th and only Islamic Nuclear Power in the World.  Its Armed Forces is awesome and the fact that despite sanctions, pressure from bigger enemies, the people have a strong will and faith that overcomes all odds.  Check out the new plane were making on 50:50 basic with China(A true ally of Pakistan)....

Edited by watanyaara - 28-Jun-2006 at 19:42
TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2006 at 22:31

You put all my thoughts in that post too Watt..As for the JF-17, the new prototype looks really good. Here's a video of the old prototype.

Its Indian adversary

Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
Dear Sir View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Dear Sir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2006 at 06:11
I think Inzamam Ul Haq is a very good Batsman and a Captain though not a good runner between the wickets.

AHAM BRAHMASMI
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2006 at 13:41
Originally posted by Anujkhamar

I have got to say, i like the pic of that sindhi man. Really original!

Judging by the AK tattoo on his head he may be kashmiri?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345