Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closeda new method of counting posts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: a new method of counting posts
    Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 06:00
an idea - to increase the numbers of post we should have a bonus-system.
this system depends on how many replies gets a topic. if someone makes an interessting topic that gets many answers ,he or she should get for example for each 10 replies another post-point. otherwise ,to post pics of nearly naked young women has  the result of a deduction of post-points. poor mila and poirot
now , to be serious, and as i told already ,i do love stats. so we can devide between real post-points and for my part answer-post-points.

Edited by ulrich von hutten

Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 12:27
Are you bored....
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 13:36
Originally posted by Mosquito

Are you bored....

I'a sure he must be.

I'm not quite sure what this is supposed to achieve, some kind of quality measure?
Unfortunately, the number of replies to a new topic is no measure for anything, certainly not for the quality of the originl contribution, nor for that of the replies received.
As an example, I only have to use the words "Armenian..." or "Cyprus....." in a topic title, and in a couple of minutes AE's server will overheat, as fast as the discussion will go downhill.
Other forums have introduced a scheme, where points awarded to members by fellow members, for the quality of their posts, but I think, such a scheme is either necessary nor appropriate for AE.
If only for the reason that AE has an international membership, but its common language is English which by far not all members have as their mother tongue. It wouldn't be fair to those members who cannot express themselves in English as well as others.
The current system, where rankings are based on the number of posts alone, is not perfect, it does not always reflect the quality of the posts, but at least is reflects commitment to AE, which is equally important.
I can't see any reason to change that.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 14:17

Are you bored....

just to please you

Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 14:24
Originally posted by Komnenos

Are you bored....

I'a sure he must be.

no ,i'm not. be sure, next week i've go back to work. then  i will spare you in wasting your time in reading such posts. you all are so busy ,what can't stop you to spend so much time at ae forum. excuse me ,i must  be foolish.

DayI View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jan-2006 at 14:41
no, you dont.
Richard XIII View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2006 at 02:11
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

an idea - to increase the numbers of post we should have a bonus-system.
this system depends on how many replies gets a topic. if someone makes an interessting topic that gets many answers ,he or she should get for example for each 10 replies another post-point. otherwise ,to post pics of nearly naked young women has  the result of a deduction of post-points. poor mila and poirot
now , to be serious, and as i told already ,i do love stats. so we can devide between real post-points and for my part answer-post-points.

This is a  method to measure the importance for scientific papers but i think that doesn't works here, don't be so german
"I want to know God's thoughts...
...the rest are details."

Albert Einstein
 Post Reply Post Reply