Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can you believe this website about atlanteans!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aurelian Ambrosianus View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aurelian Ambrosianus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can you believe this website about atlanteans!?
    Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 07:13

While surfing on the net, i found a almost stupefying and unbelievable sight...right on front of me was supposedly a complete history of the Atlantean civilisation!!??!!....Though i have considered greatly that the content of the site is highly dubious and a bit misleading... simply stated, i do not believe one part of it.. there is simply no background evidence and original documents to support the information posted in this site.

DIsregarding wishful thinking and dashed hopes, i eventually find the content of this website to be a highly detailed work of fiction written by a very imaginative mind...however i am willing to present the site under the rigorous interpretations of the forumers in ALLEMPIRES and launch a crusade against posting false and highly dubious information in the internet which i despise as being called history!!....

Here is the site:

you be the judge....
There is no doubt, in fact, that the gods use certain men for the purpose of punishing the evil of others, turning them into slaughterers,before they, too, are destroyed
Aurelian Ambrosianus View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Aurelian Ambrosianus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 07:15
Im sorry the site is

http://members.tripod.com/grahamjmabey/index.htm

sorry im not good in pasting hyperlinks or any kind of computer stuff
There is no doubt, in fact, that the gods use certain men for the purpose of punishing the evil of others, turning them into slaughterers,before they, too, are destroyed
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Komnenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 10:44
I think you are a bit to harsh with the the poor guy.

It is so obviously an attempt to create a fictional history of Atlantis, a Tolkieneske universe, and one has to applaud the author for his sheer efforts and persistance; less for the content however, as the few paragraphs I read were rather boring and not terribly imaginative.
I don't think anyone will take it too seriously and be fooled. Let him have his fun!

Edited by Komnenos
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jan-2006 at 17:06
It better be fictional, anyone that actually believes in a real Atlantis is a moron.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
 Post Reply Post Reply