Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greatest 5 US Presidents

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greatest 5 US Presidents
    Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 15:16

My list

1 Washington

2 FDR

3 Lincoln

4 TR

5 Hansen

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
pikeshot1600 View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote pikeshot1600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 15:28
Victor Davis Hansen?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 15:49

John Hanson [sorry about first spelling, that might have thrown you]

John Hanson was elected the first president of the senate. Before GW was elected. Technicaly that made him first pres. although not the first elected pres. He did have an extraordinay impact on the formation of the government.

John Hanson was a Swede whose grandfather founded New Sweden the earlier name for Philadelphia. 

Edited by red clay
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
King Kang of Lemuria View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote King Kang of Lemuria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2006 at 18:30

First, Ronnie was not really a president, come on.  Neither was Eisenhower.  I'm not saying that a president has to be an expert on every subject, but they should have minimal intelligence to understand the issues that are spoon fed to them.  I guess that counts out GW,too.

Here is my list

1. JFK  - he was so good that 'they' had to take him out.

2. Lincoln  - same reasoning.  they both tried to take away the power from the Federal Reserve, which is not a public institution contrary to the common belief, 'they' did not like that.

3. FDR - won biggest war in history, saved capitalism from the depression.  he deserves to have won another term.

4. Jimmy Carter- Even if most of it was just lip service, he did inspire many civil/human rights movement in the third world.  Last president, when the world still thought that America was a good guy.  Best ex-president ever?

5. G.W.Bush - Suprised?  You thought I was bleeding heart liberal, didn't ya.  First, there is no liberal in America, today.  At their best, these so called 'the Liberals' are the best publicists 'the Consevatives' have.  They maintain this illusion that America still has her conscience, like Uma Thurman's smlie before she chops your neck off.  Back to Dubya, if there was any illusion left in the world that America is a good guy, they are there(wherever that might be) to help you, to teach you freedom, democracy, etc, well, Dubya  shattered that illusion like no other.  Now, try to sell that anywhere outside of frathouses and trailor parks, you will have better luck with used condoms as health food.  Being only superpower means never having to say you are sorry, they only listen to you out fear means you became an one trick pony.  Once you break out of an illusion you can start to deal with the reality. 

The history is his story, not my story. -Sun Ra of the Arkestra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12