Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDoes the Runic and Gok-Turk monuments have the same origins?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does the Runic and Gok-Turk monuments have the same origins?
    Posted: 09-Dec-2005 at 08:02
Originally posted by Tuman Yabgu

I find it interesting for you to interpret my questioning as a "cheap trick"

It's "cheap" to use a "trick" in order to escape from addressing the points that prove you wrong. I'm no expert in linguistics, so I cannot contribute much in this discussiong, but I can identify a "cheap trick" when I see one.

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Tuman Yabgu View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2005 at 08:49

...and I can identify politically driven cheap biased interventions

and its not the first, and I wont believe it will be the last, after all "politics" is something humanity learned from the Greeks,  which the Turks have never come to been good at, as politics -amoung many traits- also includes "trickery" "diversion" "alteriar motives" and worst of all "bending of truth to fit ones cause"

...but truth always prevails...in the end.  

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------

...anyways looking over this small distraction.....

I will present further findings in the coming days hopefully as I get time, to the possibility of a common origin been shared by the Turkish runic alphabet and futhark runic alphabet....

...this topic sure looks like heating up in time 

Best regards,

Tuman Yabgu

Edited by Tuman Yabgu
The truth is out there!

"Borders? I have never seen one, but heard they exist on the minds of most of people" Prof. Thor Heyerdahl
Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2005 at 03:51

Originally posted by Yiannis

It's "cheap" to use a "trick" in order to escape from addressing the points that prove you wrong. I'm no expert in linguistics, so I cannot contribute much in this discussiong, but I can identify a "cheap trick" when I see one.

This is called All Empires FORUM. Everybody come here to share his/her opinions, knowledge..etc. Accusing forumers as "using cheap trick" should not be considered in the context of free mind and freedom of expression.

If you have knowledge or something to say about the issue share it with us. If not stop accusing others or shut up.

You do not have the right to behave like this to someone who is talking about his knowledge and opinions. He was always polite and he did not say any provocative expression towards any forumers. 

You may be an expert on "cheap trick" but I hope you develop your expertise in other areas as well.

Mangudai View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2005 at 07:09
Tuman Yagbu appearantly ran out of arguments, and in order to put the focus away from the real debate, he tried to play several common cheap tricks, i.g. accusing us of racism, academic narrowness, asking totally pointless questions instead of answering our questions etc... Yiannis just pointed that out 'cause it's annoying, it's that simple
Nu guhk go mis leat meahcit, de lea mis dorvu dn eatnam alde

Ossfok i s kringest sturwekster sttliger. Summer v kulluma i riktit finer!
Tuman Yabgu View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2005 at 08:37

Hi everyone,

First I would like to say I agree with you Alparslan, you have made a well deserved point, however lets not succumb to the provocations and "games" played by Yiannis, as he has made clear his stance against  members who hold a Turkish heritage as evident in his replies to posts involving Turkish issues where he uses personal attacks and disrespect (if anyone doubts this claim I can document) to provoke as clearly seen in a thread I had started showing the origins of the Cyprus problem which was closed

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7404& ; ; ; ; ; ;PN=1

obviously he is discomforted with the facts been presented to people, which will contradict the distorted facts people have been made to believe by people like him.

Of course this is a global power-politics undertaken by some who try to intentionally distort facts about issues involving Turks in a cause to have their own interests prevail.

So lets not succumb to these games and discuss factually and concisely the historical issues.

Now coming to the topic of this thread, of the possible same origins been behind the ancient Turkish runes and futhark runes, I have sourced many new findings from a variety of scientist and university research works that point to this same origin ,  I am currently involved in organizing them into a presentation to put forward here.

Of course this is taking some time as I have to do some organizing, interpretations and graphical work but I will in the near future share all the findings I have sourced some more that I am waiting for over a period of time, because it entails a time frame of some 5000 years, this topic been so indept and me having to attend to personal life its taking some time, so dont fall to the misbelief like Mangudai stated that" I ran out of arguments"  its quite the contrary!

But let me simply say this, I have NO doubt at all that the ancient Turkish runes and futhark runes share a common origin, especially having reviewed the new findings I have sourced, which I will share with you all soon.

Anyways for now I send my greetings to all the decent memebers of this forum who uphold facts and truth above propaganda and slogans and look forward to further healthy historical discussions.

Best regards,

Tuman Yabgu 

Edited by Tuman Yabgu
The truth is out there!

"Borders? I have never seen one, but heard they exist on the minds of most of people" Prof. Thor Heyerdahl
Kynsi View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2005 at 06:27
Originally posted by Yiannis

Originally posted by Tuman Yabgu

I find it interesting for you to interpret my questioning as a "cheap trick"

Thats not "just" a cheap trick but a argumentation error.
It is called blathering, which is used to water down the argumentation situation with irrelevant speak(writing) to the argument.

Can be identified as a "red herring"(in this case would one be comfortable with partly turkish heritage) too, which is used to intentionally confuse and distract from issue of the argument(Do turkish and nordic runes have same origin)
If you keep one eye on the past then you are blind in one eye, but if you
forget the past then you are blind in both eyes -old russian saying
Komnenos View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Dec-2005 at 06:40
As the discusson has deteriorated and the original contributor is no longer with us, I think it's better to resign this one to the dustbin of history.
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/komnenos/crosses1.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123