Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

good sites regarding Pompeii and herculaneum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aurelian Ambrosianus View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aurelian Ambrosianus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: good sites regarding Pompeii and herculaneum
    Posted: 25-Nov-2005 at 04:55

I've been searching on the net and quite honestly I have not yet see any good sites with information regarding to occupation/jobs in pompeii and the lifestyle of the romans living in that area prior to the vesuvius eruption. This might be due to my poor surfing skills or my outright ignorance in using computers. I have also been busy to the point of sleeping only three hours a day this particualr week. Can any of you pls. provide me with good,informative internet sites with the archaeological evidence of pompei and herculaneum regarding daily roman life,jobs, lifestyle,etc. Thank you for you time and your esteemed concern.
There is no doubt, in fact, that the gods use certain men for the purpose of punishing the evil of others, turning them into slaughterers,before they, too, are destroyed
Aurelian Ambrosianus View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Aurelian Ambrosianus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 08:40
pls. i beg of you i need help desperately!!!!!!.....
There is no doubt, in fact, that the gods use certain men for the purpose of punishing the evil of others, turning them into slaughterers,before they, too, are destroyed
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Nov-2005 at 10:57
Try this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallery_of_Pompeii_and_Herculan eum
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2012 at 20:02
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2012 at 23:13
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2012 at 19:18
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2012 at 20:10
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Mar-2012 at 18:37
Plaster casts were made by early archaeologists, capturing the moment of death for many doomed citizens
 Post Reply Post Reply