Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Industrial revolution?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AlbinoAlien View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote AlbinoAlien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Industrial revolution?
    Posted: 21-Nov-2005 at 11:36

i got this idea from my history teacher. was the industrial revolution a blessing to the people of earth, speading us to the new ways and comforts to technology, or a curse that will ultimatly lead to our destruction?

id have to say because of my communist ways that it is indeed our own undoing.

people are the emotions of other people

(im not albino..or pale!)

.....or an alien..
Imperator Invictus View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Retired AE Administrator

Quote Imperator Invictus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2005 at 11:41
Maybe humans are naturally inclined to innovate toward destruction, but that's a natural process because long term destruction is cloaked by short term progress (when did you last procrastinate?).

Without the industrial revolution, we wouldn't even be here in this awesome forum debating this subject.
Baron
Baron

Quote AlbinoAlien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2005 at 13:20
indeed..but perhaps this forum is the ultimate path to destruction!!!

.....or an alien..
Archaic View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Archaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2005 at 13:40
Surely innovation isn't just destructive? There are ways of making environmentally friendly inventions, after all. I mean, the industrial revolution initially ignored all that and hence there were outbreaks of 'smog' and pollution of waterways, and we haven't been exactly prudent in the handling of fuels, but to say we're inevitably going to destroy the plant is a little too strong for me. And eerily reminiscent of FF7. 
Baron
Baron

Quote AlbinoAlien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2005 at 14:04

good point!

any others?

.....or an alien..
 Post Reply Post Reply