Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A Man Claims Malacca Throne.. Is he for real?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Man Claims Malacca Throne.. Is he for real?
    Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 20:41

I was so suprised when i checked The Stars newspaper today... A Man is claiming Malacca Throne!!...

source: http://thestar.com.my/news/nation

I guess some of you might know regarding about Sultanate of Malacca History...

Based on Historical record.. the last Sultan of Malacca was Sultan Mahmud Shah who had run to Johor due to Portugese invasion on 1511. The Sultan founded new kingdom, which is knwon ad Sultanate of Johor or also known as Johor-Riau.. a new rival for trading and business for Malacca port..

Then he was replaced by his son Sultan Alauddin Riayat Shah in 1528..afterwards.. The last heir of the Sultanate of Johor, Sultan Mahmud II died without an heir.. therefore the Bendahara or the prime minister (nowadays post..) took over the throne...

See some of this info for ur knowledge:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultanate_of_Malacca

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultanate_of_Johor

Anyway i attached the report for ur guys view. and this guy is really serious wth his claim..

Man claims Malacca throne

BY SYED AZHAR

REGAL GATHERING: Raja Noor Jan and his entourage, including two of his four wives, being led to his so-called investiture ceremony at Taman Melati in Gombak on Monday night.

KUALA LUMPUR: A 48-year-old man who proclaimed himself the Sultan of Malacca at a so-called investiture ceremony here on Monday night is willing to take the matter to court to stake his claim to the states throne. 

Raja Noor Jan Shah Raja Tuah has evidence, and the regal artefacts, to prove the claim, said Azri Safian, who identified himself as the alleged rulers organising secretary. 

He is serious about being installed as the 44th sultan of Malacca, Azri told reporters at Raja Noor Jans purported ceremonial hall in Gombak here yesterday. 

More than 500 guests attended the investiture ceremony at a community hall in Taman Melati, where 150 people were also bestowed honorific titles. 

Two of the four wives of the property businessman, who has given himself the title Sultan Ahmad Shah, accompanied him at the Istiadat Watikah Gelar Adan Kesultanan Melaka ceremony, which came ahead of the Rulers Conference in Malacca on Nov 21. 

Azri said Raja Noor Jan had claimed he was a descendant of the last known Sultan of Malacca, Sultan Mahmud Shah (1488-1511). 

He said Raja Noor Jan would hand over his documents for the rulers to discuss at their meeting. Another ceremonial gathering would be held on Nov 19 in Malacca, he added. 

We have the regalia, like two keris, a silver buckle, a royal crown and brooches from ancient Malacca and authenticated by the Museum and Antiquities Department, he said.  

Letters and profiles relating to the claim had been sent to the Rulers Council, the Yang di Pertuan Agong and the Sultan of Perak as well as the Prime Minister and the Chief Minister of Malacca. 

These items are proof to be presented to the Rulers Council, he said. So far, we have not received any response. 

The Museum and Antiquities Department had authenticated the sultans genealogy, Azri said, adding that this further proved his claim. 

Azri said the sultan had not pursued his claims until the regal instruments unexpectedly turned up two months ago. 

The sultan received some signs from his ancestors on the whereabouts of the regalia and, with the help of a pawang (traditional soothsayer) the artefacts were dug up from a place in Malacca, he said.

oTToMAn_TurK View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Online Status: Offline
  Quote oTToMAn_TurK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 21:15

That man is a liar...

it was me... im the descended sultan mahmud shah, this man is a thruad, i damand justice. i am the right ful leader of the throne of Mallacca 

anyway, seriously what proof does he have (besides DNA, LOL) that prooves his claim. and also what difference would it make if he was "the man", is it just for the popularity or does he actually get some sort of power??

Either your a slave to what MADE-MAN
Or your a slave to what MAN-MADE
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 21:30

lol @ ottoman_turk...

U and me.. we have same opinion here...

well the advantages he will get if he able to prove his claims are:-

• speacial treats as a royal (even his birthday will be celebrated by the whole state of malacca... will be announced as public holiday for tht particular state.. )
  • allowances from the government as a Sultan of Malacca.. which obviously taken from the tax payers in Malaysia... which one of them is ME!!!! ..
  • popularity and great influence... even though the Sultans are no more play the major role in ruling my country but their influence still strong in the society...
  • A chance to be elected as Yang Di-Pertuan Agong... (highest rank of Malaysia's sultanate and this time his brithday will be celebrated by the whole country.. )

Edited by cahaya
oTToMAn_TurK View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote oTToMAn_TurK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 21:50

hehe, thanks for that

make sure u keep us notified by the results as u can get a hold of them... wud be interesting to no if he can actually pull this off. lol

Either your a slave to what MADE-MAN
Or your a slave to what MAN-MADE
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 23:04
Ah monarchies. Me me me, my blood is special!! 
Arrrgh!!"
Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 23:27

Just another one claiming a throne...I wanna be king or sultan too!

An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 23:28

lol @ cywr

try to master malay language first then u can try for the claim..

p/s: maybe i can be the queen....

Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 23:56
It says he found the regalia...that's no real claim to the throne.

I need to find myself some royal jewls.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 02:28

Possession is nine tenths of the law.

If you follow the bloodline correctly. The current King of England is an Australian farmer named Plataganet living on the outback.

I don't see Frau Windsor and cadre and packing their bags in Buckingham Palace.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Maju View Drop Down
King
King

Quote Maju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 03:12
But Malacca is now a republic, isn't it? Why would you want to accept any claimant to the throne? It's a waste. 

NO GOD, NO MASTER!
fastspawn View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote fastspawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 06:54
I am sure that this guy could very well be a descendent of Mahmud Shah, as I am sure a lot of people could be. maybe a female-line descendant?

Even so, peranakans could claim the throne of malacca, since most of them are royal issue from that princess Huang Li Po and Mansur Shah.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 12:14

Originally posted by fastspawn

I am sure that this guy could very well be a descendent of Mahmud Shah, as I am sure a lot of people could be. maybe a female-line descendant?

Even so, peranakans could claim the throne of malacca, since most of them are royal issue from that princess Huang Li Po and Mansur Shah.

Yeah... there might be a possibility... if u want to say he might be the heir.. if u said tht the "peranakan" or the mixed blood of chineese and malay in malacca could claim the throne... well, i believe there's tonnes of people in malacca who might can have the same rights too... maybe half of the states... these not only refer to the Baba and Nyonya ethnic (can we say as ethnic?) but also the malays who is locally born from malacca.. they might have some royal blood connection too.. it had been hundreds of century ago...who knows...

Ali Rustam (the minister of malacca already decline the claime and said malacca doesnt have any sultan)..

the rules of Sultanate in Malaysia u must be the prince and cant be the princess to claim the throne...

And Maju... Malacca is not a republic... it is one of malaysia state... in malaysia we have 14 states... previously included Singapore but then in 1963 they seperated from Malaysia (am I right fastspawn?). Malacca once was noted as one of the famous Malay SUltanate in history but was left without sultan at last... sound sad... but tht's life...  and Malaysia is not a republic.... But my state which is 'kedah' we have our Sultan... So nobody can claim tht... if not i'll do... hahaha!!!

Edited by cahaya
morticia View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired AE Editor

Quote morticia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 15:24
Cahaya wrote: "the rules of Sultanate in Malaysia u must be the prince and cant be the princess to claim the throne"

Here we go again...the females get screwed once again for what should rightfully be theirs to claim!!!! It just never ceases to amaze me!

Edited by morticia
"Morty

Trust in God: She will provide." -- Emmeline Pankhurst
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 15:29
come on morty... just let the man made stupid of them selves like wht we have here now... just sit down n relax... it's going to be fun.. i guarantee u...
ok ge View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote ok ge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 16:22

Originally posted by Cywr

Ah monarchies. Me me me, my blood is special!! 

Yeah, what is really special in a king bloodline? I still recall some proud families of Castilian and Portuguese origin pointing to their "blue blood"

D.J. Kaufman
Wisdom is the reward for a lifetime of listening ... when youd have preferred to talk.
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Nov-2005 at 18:55
People do it everywhere, well almost.
Funny thing is, if you look hard enough, you'll find some of this magical blue blood almost everywhere.
Arrrgh!!"
Genghis Khan II View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Genghis Khan II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2005 at 20:36

And why dont I claim that I am a desendent of Genghis Khan. After all, 1 in every 200 people in europe and asia is a desendent of him. My birth mother lived in asia so I might be a desendent of him.

So I claim the throne of mongolia

And as ruler i will nuke the worldmwoo hahahahahah hah ha ha-ha ha ----- ha

Evolution is dead they just forgot to bury the body.

Logic is the best kind of evedence, science is only second best.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 12:19
Originally posted by Genghis Khan II

And why dont I claim that I am a desendent of Genghis Khan. After all, 1 in every 200 people in europe and asia is a desendent of him. My birth mother lived in asia so I might be a desendent of him.

So I claim the throne of mongolia

And as ruler i will nuke the worldmwoo hahahahahah hah ha ha-ha ha ----- ha

Wish u best of luck!! hope ur mission will be success

Genghis Khan II View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Genghis Khan II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Nov-2005 at 17:59
I have only one thing to ask of you: Stop the insane desendents of Genghis Khan (Yes they are all insane, desendents of Genghis Khan and people who even have him in their forum screen-name. he was a murderer!!!)
Evolution is dead they just forgot to bury the body.

Logic is the best kind of evedence, science is only second best.
 Post Reply Post Reply