Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures of Muslims across the Islamic world

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of Muslims across the Islamic world
    Posted: 15-Nov-2005 at 22:36
Very beautiful pictures you've posted here. I'm glad to see all our brothers and sisters around the world, all different but all equal in a way. 
An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 08:30

Latino Muslims

Infidel View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Infidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2005 at 18:00
This is very good. Latino muslims! Where are they from, Maziar? Spain? I suppose they are native converts to Islam.
An nescite quantilla sapientia mundus regatur?
Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 01:12

I know of Native American converts to Islam as well.  It is actually a growing community.  I met a woman who is Cherokee, she wore a scarf, and I thought she was Muslim.  When we began talking, she told me she wears a scarf because that is also part of her culture.  In her culture, she described herself as a "Shaman" and she took the name "Kakorya."

She says she is Native American, but sees Muslims as part of her 'greater' tribe. 

She is a very unique character

The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
Maziar View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Arteshbod

Quote Maziar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2005 at 16:54

Originally posted by Infidel

This is very good. Latino muslims! Where are they from, Maziar? Spain? I suppose they are native converts to Islam.

They are from USA.

I have found the pics here

http://www.latinodawah.org/photos/latinomuslims.html

Killabee View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Killabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2007 at 18:16
Originally posted by Maziar

Originally posted by Infidel

They are from USA.

I have found the pics here

http://www.latinodawah.org/photos/latinomuslims.html

I just recently rummaged around  the old thread and found out this interesting one.

It is funny when the Latino (mostly mexican and other central american) put on the islamic clothing, they look exactly like middle-easterner, given the same skin tone and facial feature.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456