Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tamil Origins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tamil Origins
    Posted: 06-Dec-2006 at 05:58
Originally posted by M. Nachiappan

Why mention "Machu Pichu", our Vastu experts / traditional architects found lot of similarities between your and our structures.

So kindly, inform me, if they are anything similar to your people and Indians, as they had been a lot of our people coming to your countries during mideval and before that periods.

Well, there are similarities in the architecture and techniques of all people in the planet; after all we are all humans and the same ideas develop everywhere. For example, Inca walls and Easter Island stone works have a superficial similarity. But that does not mean someone learn from the other at all.

There are similarities between some of the civilizations in the Americas and India, because there are problems that has to be solved and humans invent the same things once and once again. Some that are well known are: the use of cotton, similarities of patoli and backgammon, certain "rococco" style in architecture, the invention of zero, monumental buildings, etc. Also, in cosmological ideas could exist more than one coincidence. But there are also many differences.

In physical aspect, certain Native American peoples have some East Indian look.

The Inca empire, for instance, was a practical minded society, closely in mentality to the Romans than to the Indian methapysics. Aztecs were a brutal society that enjoy poetry, something difficult to explain to the oriental people.

What you had in the America it was a different world, fascinating by itself.

Pinguin

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2006 at 06:06
Originally posted by Paul

I think M. Nachiappan has a point, pinguin you should be more open minded. 

Well, Carl Sagan said one has to be open minded, but not so much that the brain fall down to the ground Sleepy

I think there could definantely have been connections between ancient India and meso-America. 

Why? Coincidences and parallel developments, yes. Contact? Nothing at all. It was not feasable technologically and there are no records or evidence of the event at all.

When you look at the great civilisations and structures of India, the Maurya Empire, the Dravidians, Brihadeeswarar and Srirangam, don't you find it hard to believe Indians were capable of all these developments themselves without being taught to do it by an outside more advanced civilisation. 

Why Indians would be capable of developing its own architecture? All human beings are intelligent and can invent architecture if they have the resources.

I think it's very likely the Olmec sailed from Mexico to India, where they designed all the great Indian temples, taught them advanced mathematics and founded Indian civilisation. 

If the Olmecs went to India why they didn't teach them the practice of human sacrifices? why they didn't introduce the rubber balls?

The similarities between both civilizations are just superficial.

Pinguin

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2006 at 11:06
Originally posted by M. Nachiappan

If so produce at least one evidence.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back

http://www.maquahuitl.co.uk

http://www.toltecitztli.co.uk
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2006 at 11:15
lol pinguin LOL

You believe ufo's started Aztec civilisation please tell me how..... I take it you have been reading mr Daniken, do you believe in Yeti's too.

which planet do your UFO's come from, please tell me...LOL

The Aztecs were not the first civilisation of Mexico, there were others before them, do you know?.... Toltecs, Maya, Olmec ect.

Tell me do you have a light sabre? No. my guess is you are not from outer space then.LOL

Edited by Paul - 06-Dec-2006 at 11:16

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2006 at 11:33

lol pinguin LOL

You believe ufo's started Aztec civilisation please tell me how..... I take it you have been reading mr Daniken, do you believe in Yeti's too.

The Aztecs were not the first civilisation of Mexico, there were others before them, do you know?.... Toltecs, Maya, Olmec ect.

Tell me do you have a light sabre? No. my guess is you are not from outer space then.LOL

How do you get that Paul Confused?

I don't believe in UFOs nor in transoceanic contacts.

I believe American Indians developed theirs civilizations from scratch.

Because they were quite intelligent people. They were as intelligent like anyone else because they were human beings.

And humans beings, under certain economical conditions, create civilizations. Is just part of human nature. That's all.

No fantasy is needed to explain that,

Omar

Jams View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Quote Jams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2006 at 12:48

lol pinguin LOL

Wow, did you get that from what Pinguin wroteQuestion

He's been writing just about the opposite in many threads - and I'm sure he knows a great deal about those pre-Aztec peoples, make no mistake (!)

In fact it seem closer to what you yourself write than anything he wroteDead

Edited by Jams - 06-Dec-2006 at 12:49
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2006 at 19:15
Originally posted by Jams

Wow, did you get that from what Pinguin wroteQuestion

He's been writing just about the opposite in many threads - and I'm sure he knows a great deal about those pre-Aztec peoples, make no mistake (!)

In fact it seem closer to what you yourself write than anything he wroteDead

Thanks Jams LOL

Well, the Aztecs belong to the families of people and civilizations known as Mesoamericans, and they come from pre-Olmec times. How old are those cultures? I guess at least from 1500 BC, but the studies are still going on.
The Peruvian cultures are older. They exist at least from the times of Caral, 3500 BC.

Aztecs and Incas were newcommers in the pre-Columbian universe at the time of the Conquist. Theirs origins are from the 13th and 14th centuries A.D., but theirs civilizations were built in the olders cultures of Mesoamerica and Peru, respectively.

There is a cultural continuity in all those Amerindian civilizations that is wonderful, and I guess if people knew about them all the "mysteries" about the Americas would vanish.

The reward for studying Amerindian cultures come from comparative history. At doing so, one realize what is the human species as a whole and its capability to develop civilizations, arts and technology.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Omar Vega

M. Nachiappan View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

suspended

Quote M. Nachiappan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2006 at 00:34
Paul's cited web-reference give details as to how Indians / Hindus were the originators of the American Indian civilization and so on.

That is, the cited reference goes against his assertion that, "When you look at the great civilisations and structures of India, the Maurya Empire, the Dravidians, Brihadeeswarar and Srirangam, don't you find it hard to believe Indians were capable of all these developments themselves without being taught to do it by an outside more advanced civilisation". 
What exactly Paul wants to convey?

Pinquin also refuted.

So I request Paul to clarify his position and answer my qurries raised, as they are unanswered.
Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2006 at 01:50
Paul's cited web-reference give details as to how Indians / Hindus were the originators of the American Indian civilization and so on.

Evidence works both ways.... it's in it's nature.

Paul View Drop Down
General
General
AE Immoderator

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2006 at 02:08
Originally posted by Pinguin

Aztecs and Incas were newcommers in the pre-Columbian universe at the time of the Conquist. Theirs origins are from the 13th and 14th centuries A.D., but theirs civilizations were built in the olders cultures of Mesoamerica and Peru, respectively.

I disgree I don't think Mexicans came from another universe, I think they are Earthlings . Pinguin are you a scientologist by any chance?

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2006 at 10:07

Pinguin are you a scientologist by any chance?

Could you explain that?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12