Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Democrats and the South

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
blake79 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote blake79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Democrats and the South
    Posted: 12-Aug-2005 at 14:29

When I said most Americans are fairly conservative , I meant personaly conservative not politicaly conservative, as in most folks tend to dread change.

I myself feel that within the next 30 years the Republican party will slowly begin to swing left and the Democrats will swing right. You can see it happening now in some circles. For example John  Mc Cain and Rudy Julonti are the heavy favorites for the 2008 Rep. nomination. Both men are far more liberal than say G.W Bush, or most bible thumpers.

You also see a tread of Democrats turning to the right on some issues such as Hilary Clinton.

I don't agree with either party on most issues. I am a stricted constutionalist.  

I do think your average 8 year old child has a clearer mindset than most of our political leaders in Washington D.C.

As far as the Solide South goes I am hopeful that in time the southern states will become more competative in the future. I have read and heard stories of the one party Democratic system that was in place for far to long and I know what it brought the nation, Jim Crow segregation and lynchings.

From talking with bible folks, I have learned that they feel that the Republicans have handed them a bag of broken goods. Though most folks where I live are in fact Democrats.

As far as Liberal V.s Conservative I think both sides have it about half right if that much. I don't think our founding fathers wanted a two party system devoted to big Corperations nor a nation were the vocal minority trumps the majority. 

The two party system is unpatriotic in my opinon. It is a system that places party above country. I think we should chill out on Democrat or Republican lables and call ourselves Free Thinking Americans.

I refuse to let a party speak for me. I have my own heart, mind and mouth and you guys most likely know it's a BIG ONE ! LOL

All Rise!
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2005 at 20:51
That was a good post.  The two party system is indeed much of what in wrong with America.  I think most 3rd parties even the crazy ones have more to offer than the democrats and republicans combined.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123